visual class structure

Hi,

In VC 2005, is there any tool that can "visually" show the class
structure (inheritance, aggregation, etc) for a given solution (or
workspace)?

JD
0
jdt_young (239)
6/14/2006 12:11:23 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Did you find the class view window? Is that what you're looking for?

--
Jonathan Wood
SoftCircuits Programming

"JD" <jdt_young@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> In VC 2005, is there any tool that can "visually" show the class structure
> (inheritance, aggregation, etc) for a given solution (or workspace)?
>
> JD

0
jwood (1291)
6/14/2006 12:39:53 AM
There is in Team.  I don't think there is anything in Pro or Standard.

This is a handy tool.  I don't know if it works with 2005 or not...

http://www.codeproject.com/macro/KingsTools.asp

Tom

"JD" <jdt_young@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> In VC 2005, is there any tool that can "visually" show the class structure
> (inheritance, aggregation, etc) for a given solution (or workspace)?
>
> JD

0
tserface (3860)
6/14/2006 12:46:42 AM
Jonathan Wood wrote:

> Did you find the class view window? Is that what you're looking for?

Jonathan,

I am looking for a visual tool.  Class view window is good but it is
more like showing linear (1-D) structures only.  The visual tool will
show 2-D structures, i.e. cross relationship among classes.  Thanks.

Tony
0
jdt_young (239)

Using Visual C++ 6.0 MFC Application
01/19/2004 Using a single document or a dialog application, I am able to use my own variables that are declared in the same source file, however, if I try to declare a global variable in a header file or a source file included before the code I am using, I get the error "Undeclared Identifier". Example in Old C: "First.h" int i; "Main.cpp" #include "First.h" main() { i=5; printf("%d",i); } When I declare a variable in a header file, in Class View - Globals, my variable does show up, b...

Standard Visual Basic vs Visual Basic for Applications
I've recently purchased Front Page and understand that I can code with Visual Basic as part of this software package. 1. What does Front Page contain: Standard Visual Basic or VBA? 2. Do either or both work with Visual Studio? 3. Is Visio different from Visual Studio? -- Deb Front Page and Visio are both Microsoft Office applications that contain VBA (Visual Basic for Applications). These programs are productivity applications first and programming platforms second. Visual Studio is a pure programming application. (All it does is let you write other programs.) Older versions of ...

Problem accessing varaiable declared in App Class
Hi, My app is an MFC Dialog app. I have a variable declared in my app class so that it is available to all classes in program using ((CMyApp*)AfxGetApp())->MyVar; The reason i do that is because i use this variable to give me access to my database and there are a number of places in my program that need to access my database. I am using an OLE DB command accessor to access the database and the variable i declace, gcmdAccessor, is used to open the database and query it. I open my databse in the initdialog method of my main dialog using HRESULT hResult = ((CMyApp*)AfxGetApp())->...

XML Class and Node InsertAfter
Hi, I’ve made a class to help me accomplish some things faster but I’m having problems inserting nodes. I’ve tried many different ways, but with no success. This is a very stripped down version of what I’m trying to do. I know that I’m simply missing some basic understanding, so hopefully someone can enlighten me. Public Class MYXMLCLASS Public theXMLDocument As New XmlDataDocument Public myXPath As String Sub New() myXPath = "/" Exit Sub End Sub Public Function addDeclaration() As String Dim myDeclaration As XmlDeclaration myDeclaration = theX...

I Visual Basic Error "File Not Found" when Excel opens
Good afternoon. I am using XP Pro at work and My computer just started doing this. when I open Excel, I get a message pop up that says in title "Visual Basic Error" and in body of error window is "File Not Found". If I click on help, says something about error 53 but when I try to look that up on Microsoft's website, can't find what seems to apply to my issue. And now when I go into my personal.xls to view my macros, I can get in, but if I try to save anything, I get a window pop up saying Excel must be shut down, and then a window pops up asking me if I want...

Visual C++ AND .Net
What would be the best package for me to purchase if I want to move from VC++ 6.0 and VB 6.0 to .Net? I think it is Visual Studio .Net (around $800.00). Is this correct? I just need a little direction since I have just been given the go ahead to purchase these items. Any information on these products - from someone who has used them - would be helpful. Thank you Ken >-----Original Message----- >What would be the best package for me to purchase if I want to move from >VC++ 6.0 and VB 6.0 to .Net? I think it is Visual Studio .Net (around >$800.00). Is this correct? I just nee...

Looking for Visual C++ programmer with MS SQL Server 2005 to work off-site on small project
Looking for Visual C++ programmer with MS SQL Server 2005 to work off-site on small project. Please send me an email to: larryTAKEOUT@seldin.net Lawrence M. Seldin, CMC, CPC Contributing writer for FUTURES Magazine Author of RECRUITSOURCE PEOPLESOFT EXAM and RECRUITSOURCE SAP/R3 EXAM Author of POWER TIPS FOR THE APPLE NEWTON and INTRODUCTION TO CSP NOTE: To send me an email, remove TAKEOUT from my email address: larryTAKEOUT@seldin.net NOTE: My web home page: www.seldin.net ...

Byte list class?
Which MFC class I should use to store (and retrive) 20 byte arrays (BYTE*) with 15 bytes each in size? Thank you. what's wrong with BYTE Array[20][15]; unless it's size is dynamic any other method will incur alot of overhead. or you can use a CArray object. Ali R. "Oliver Young" <none> wrote in message news:OJTcHpSqDHA.1408@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > > Which MFC class I should use to store (and retrive) 20 byte arrays > (BYTE*) with 15 bytes each in size? > > Thank you. > > Please, could you provide some code samples of usage...

Printing a treeview on a report (or anything visually similar)
The topic says it all. I need to be able to print a hierarchy on a report. There's no limit to the number of levels (tho no more than 10 at the moment). I'm looking to simulate the look of a treeview. I'm stumped and I don't know where to start. Any suggestions are very welcomed. -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-reports/200801/1 ...

Modifier and Visual Basic Editor dim ??
Hi, I have already set the security to access the customization tools (Modifier and Visual Basic Editor) for my user login. Why is both of this options still dim -- I can't click on these items (Modifier and Visual Basic Editor) because it is disabled. Please advise. Thanks a lot. it wont be available until you have purchased it - it is a separate module. You will get a new set of reg keys that will activate the choices. HS "Dolly" <Dolly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1553009B-B7A0-4D54-AAD1-ADD7F17D49A2@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I have a...

Microsoft visual C++ Runtime Error #2
When I open Outlook 2000, the first time I ger the following error "RUNTIME ERROR PROGRAM:C:\PROGRAM FILES\MICROSOFT OFFICE\OFFICE\OUTLOOK.EXE" It says this application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the applications support team for more information. There are two of us on the outlook e-mail that we share. We have two profiles and sepaarate PAB & PST files. I get it the first time, and when I close it out, it will open on the second go around with no problem. When I open the other profile, I get it the first time I open it, the...

Visual Studio 8.
I currently use Visual C++ Version 6. Should I purchase and begin using Visual Studio 8? Do I qualify for the the upgrade version of Visual Studio 8? TonyG wrote: > I currently use Visual C++ Version 6. > > Should I purchase and begin using Visual Studio 8? Maybe, or perhaps wait till the end of the month when Visual Studio 9 is released. :-) > > Do I qualify for the the upgrade version of Visual Studio 8? Yes. Bo Persson Yes and yes. No reason to go through all those other version in my opinion. Tom "TonyG" <TonyG@junk.com> wrote in message ne...

visual aesthetics
does anyone have any links to pages on spreadsheet design from a 'visual aesthetic' viewpoint. i have been building spreadsheets for some years now and have found very little on the finer points of aesthetics. ...

CFtFileFind class
I use CFtFileFind and it works fine. I iterate inside a remote directory periodically, however since the remote directory is so huge, it takes a lot of time to the first command to finish CFtFileFind::FileFind(NULL) though I don't need to iterate in files which I have already done once. Therefore my question is whether its possible to start every periodic iteration from the last one in the previous iteration - using this class or otherwise? Thanks in advance Gimi Are you talking about CFtpFileFind? Perhaps on the first pass you could just grab a list of folders then iterate through ...

serializing a class that implements the ICollection
i'm having problems serializing a custom class wich implements the ICollection interface, the first element of the XML has ArrayOf added to the name ie. public myClass : ICollection { public ArrayList ListofRecords = new ArrayList(); { all the implementation of the ICollection goes here} } this serializes into something like this <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?> <ArrayOfmyClass2> <myClass2> <field>1</field> </myClass2> </ArrayOfmyClass2> what i'm looking for is how to get rid off the ArrayOf part and ...

Visual Studio SP1
Any ideas when it will be avaliable? why asking? Do u found any bugs? And which Visual Studio are you talking about? "JoeB" <joe____A_A_A_A_A_ANoSpamPleaseThankyou_@kybert.com> �������/�������� � �������� ���������: news:OmZecnJHEHA.3276@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Any ideas when it will be avaliable? > > > Im talking about VS.net 2003, i bought it a while ago and uninstalled it because its far too unusable. Im not using VS.net 2002 which is more stable, but still very buggy. joe "Dmitri Zhukov" <dimazhn@yandex.ru> wrote in message new...

Visual C++ versus Visual Basic
Hello, I am aware that this is not a very appropriate place for my questions, but I don't know any other more appropriate place. I have been programming for last 20 years, using Basic, Pascal, Fortran and C++. Of these I liked mostly C++. I usually learned languages by using language interpreter help. Only recently I had to go Visual. I started with Visual Basic for a easy introduction and despite minor starting problems (being Visual means conceptually different) I am now fluent in Visual Basic too. However, when I tried Visual C++, I hit solid brick wall for the first time ...

Can my MFC Regular DLL run in C++ and Visual Basic?
I have an MFC based dialog application that I want to convert to a DLL. So, as a test, I created a simple MFC Regular DLL that is statically linked to MFC. The DLL has two functions: one to add two ints and return the result and the other to run a dialog contained in the DLL. I can build a simple MFC client app to test the DLL and it works. But when I try to run the DLL using Visual Basic I get a 'Bad calling convention' error. Apparently, this can be solved by adding _stdcall to the exported functions. As I understand it, the problem is due to the fact that there is a difference ...

Subfolders of Inbox are 2nd class citizens!
In Outlook 2003, New Mail Notification only works properly for messages coming into Inbox, and not for mail which is filtered by rules into subfolders of Inbox. I can set up a rule to display the (annoying) semi-transparent Desktop Alert whenever new mail arrives, whatever folder it's filtered into, but I can't figure out how to make the envelope icon appear in the system tray unless the new mail stays in the main Inbox. The same applies for the New Mail sound, which only plays when a message comes into Inbox and isn't filtered elsewhere. I use a lot of rules, filtering my mail ...

MS Visual Basic error in Outlook
Vba Project OTM - Thisoutlooksession(code) window pops up, and I have to stop the degugger to send an email. I've been using OL 2002 for 2 year, never had this problem, How can I fix it ? "XP User" <my_email@is.private.com> wrote in message news:sb27g.4$RO4.3@fe12.lga... > Vba Project OTM - Thisoutlooksession(code) > window pops up, and I have to stop the degugger > to send an email. > > I've been using OL 2002 for 2 year, never had this problem, > > How can I fix it ? Fix the code ? Supply more info so we have a better idea what your problem...

XP visual styles
How to use xp visual styles in DLL's? For example like IE toolbars. -- P >How to use xp visual styles in DLL's? Peter, Have a look at "Using Windows XP Visual Styles", "Using ComCtl32 Version 6 in an Application That Uses Extensions, Plug-ins, or a DLL That Is Brought into a Process" in the MSDN documentation. Dave -- MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq This article might help... http://www.codejock.com/support/KB/002003.asp Tom "Peter Mihalik" <grex@kmit.sk> wrote in message news:eOBacebmDHA.2772@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > How to...

Employee Class in Payroll
The concept of using employee classes is a great idea however; the functionality is somewhat limited and confusing to users. The way I have been using it is to only assign a mass of pay codes. My question is, is there a way to shutoff the functionality of overwriting position, department, deductions, etc and just the assigment of pay codes? Has anyone modified the functionality or is it even possible? Thanks! It should not be confusing. It serves two functions: reporting and employee additions/maintenance. You should always use it before you enter any other data about the employee. ...

Problem with OutputTo in Access 2007 + Visual Studio 2005
Please forgive me if I'm posting to the wrong group. I'm converting an application I wrote in Visual Studio 2002 + MS Access 2002. It was a console application that was executed from an Access Macro. The application would open up the current Access Database, it would export a particular report to HTML, then it would call a webservice on a remote server to send out the exported file via email to a distribution list. I'm converting this to Visual Studio 2005 + MS Access 2007, so that I can export the reports to PDF. Everything converted over just fine, except that I can no longe...

Going from Visual Studio 6.0 to Visual Studio 2003
Hi all, My main interest in Visual Studio is using MFC with C++. I'd like to go from VS 6.0 to VS 2003, but I feel like a fish out of water with VS 2003. The interface is remarkably different and much less intuitive than VS 6.0. Are there any online resources to help people make the transition from 6.0 to 2003? Kind of like a "Migrating To VS 2003 for dummies" or something like that! For me, it was simply a matter of importing my MFC projects and recompiling. The only thing I had to hunt around for was the Wizards, which are done a bit differently. But it wasn't a probl...

1099 box vendor class
Please add a 1099 box to the vendor class ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=ae3e324b-f63e-403f-925c-f9c654b1d266&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains There is ...