Visual C++ .NET 2003 and XP Style

Hi,

I want to know how to programmically incorporate the XP
style windows (frame, buttons, etc.) to a project in
Visual C++ .NET 2003.

Beginning with Visual C++ .NET 2003, Microsoft has changed
the window it incorporate window styles to a project. In
older versions, an application gets the XP style under XP
automatically. That is no longer true in version .NET 2003.

I have read the solution at MSDN including the one with
using TheApp.exe.manifest. However, the solution requires
that the program must have the manifest file in the same
directory as the EXE, even in final release.

I want like to know if there is a solution to
programmically incorporate the XP style windows to a
project without needing the manifest file "visible" to end-
users.

Thanks,
Kuphryn
0
kuphryn
10/7/2003 7:47:57 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

>I want to know how to programmically incorporate the XP
>style windows (frame, buttons, etc.) to a project in
>Visual C++ .NET 2003.

Kuphryn,

VS2003 restricts themeing to Unicode builds by excluding the manifest
file from the resource - look in there!

Dave
--
MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq
0

Using Visual C++ 6.0 MFC Application
01/19/2004 Using a single document or a dialog application, I am able to use my own variables that are declared in the same source file, however, if I try to declare a global variable in a header file or a source file included before the code I am using, I get the error "Undeclared Identifier". Example in Old C: "First.h" int i; "Main.cpp" #include "First.h" main() { i=5; printf("%d",i); } When I declare a variable in a header file, in Class View - Globals, my variable does show up, b...

Folder Bar in Outlook 2003?
In Outlook 2002 (XP), if you clicked on the currently open folder's name, the bar that the folder name was on would turn into a drop-down list of folders. You could then click on any folder in that list and Outlook would open up that folder and automatically close the drop-down list. The Folder List was also available, which remained open until you closed it. In Outlook Express, the bar I am referring to is called the folder bar. I am not sure what it was called in Outlook 2002. In Outlook 2003, we now have the Navigation Pane, which also contains the Folder List. However, there seems to ...

Standard Visual Basic vs Visual Basic for Applications
I've recently purchased Front Page and understand that I can code with Visual Basic as part of this software package. 1. What does Front Page contain: Standard Visual Basic or VBA? 2. Do either or both work with Visual Studio? 3. Is Visio different from Visual Studio? -- Deb Front Page and Visio are both Microsoft Office applications that contain VBA (Visual Basic for Applications). These programs are productivity applications first and programming platforms second. Visual Studio is a pure programming application. (All it does is let you write other programs.) Older versions of ...

VB.net select column and format
Hi, I am using VB.net 2005 with Excel 2003. I need to select a single column and apply formating to it. Can someone please explain how to do this? Thanks, What sort of formatting do you mean? The basic code would be something like Dim RangeToFormat As Excel.Range Dim WS As Excel.Worksheet RangeToFormat = DirectCast( _ XLApp.Workbooks("Book1.xls"). _ Worksheets.Item("Sheet1"), Excel.Worksheet). _ Range("A1").EntireColumn WS = RangeToFormat.Worksheet RangeToFormat = _ XLApp.Intersect(WS.UsedRange, RangeToFormat) RangeToForma...

>NET 3.5 on SBS 2003R2
I have a client who needs to install .NET 3.5 on an SBS 2003 R2 server because of a server application that requires it. I have run into a few problems in the past updating .NET on SBS boxes, and since then, I have always avoided it. Are there any issues with the updating to .NET 3.5 in my environment? From what I've read, I will need to set up a separate application pool for .NET 3.5. Any other caveats or pitfalls? Thanks. Depends on who you ask. <g> I have had no issues except for occasionaly (once per server) having to reset the shipping apps that rely on IIS to .ne...

File Dialog Explorer style + manipulate existing controls #3
First, thx for your replies on my first question. I ave another question: in my application I have an online-language-switch option, where the user can switch between the languages German, English and French. Can i manipulate the buttons and labels of the modern file-open-dialog at runtime? I don't want to add new controls only manipulate the existing one (setting correct language texts). Is this possible with the file dialog which uses explorer style? thx ...

NET Client calling Axis web service
I have a Net 2.0 client (C# Winform) calling an Axis web service. I can authenticate, and send a request that is accepted and responded to, but I cannot see the response. The return for the call to the webservice is an object. Looking at the SOAP message that comes in, I can see the response. However when I assign the response to instance of the object, the result is null. Example: 1. WorkRequestServiceImplService myRequest = new WorkRequestServiceImplService(); 2. WorkRequestTO workRequest = new WorkRequestTO(); 3. WorkRequestStatusTO workRequestStatus = new WorkRequestStatusTO(); ...

Office 97 vs Windows XP
Will Office 97 function with WindowsXP without causing problems. Frank, Yes, Office 97 works fine with Windows XP. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel www.cpearson.com chip@cpearson.com "Frank Miller" <franklinmiller@msn.com> wrote in message news:046c01c36a2d$8e366d30$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Will Office 97 function with WindowsXP without causing > problems. ...

HP Image Editor files default to C:\ directory
Re: HP 3970 Scanner Hello Everyone: Maybe someone here has or has used this scanner and knows the answer. I will make my question as straightforward as possible. Once I have scanned an image and 'saved it,' it defaults to the C:\ directory unless I choose another location. If it is saved in another directory, it will not show up on the image editor so I unable to print or edit the image. Is there a way to change the settings so that an image is automatically saved to a default location other than C:\ or do I have to move an image to the C:\ location each time I ...

Excel 2003 Autocorrect Options problem
Hi-- I just got a new computer at work with Excel 2003 on it. Whenever I try to choose "Tools/AutoCorrect Options" the Basic File Seach Task Pane opens up instead of the AutoCorrect Options Box. I was curious if anyone else was seeing this behavior. I can get into the AutoCorrect Options Dialog box through Word, but not through Excel. I'm willing to try re-installing XL2003, but don't want to hassle with it, if others are having the same problem. Thanks! Laura :-) No problems here, try to repair it under help>detect and repair (keep the cd handy if asked for) --...

I Visual Basic Error "File Not Found" when Excel opens
Good afternoon. I am using XP Pro at work and My computer just started doing this. when I open Excel, I get a message pop up that says in title "Visual Basic Error" and in body of error window is "File Not Found". If I click on help, says something about error 53 but when I try to look that up on Microsoft's website, can't find what seems to apply to my issue. And now when I go into my personal.xls to view my macros, I can get in, but if I try to save anything, I get a window pop up saying Excel must be shut down, and then a window pops up asking me if I want...

C-DLL-VBA-EXCEL strings
Hello, I'm trying to connect excel to a C dll library (call C dll from excel through the VBA). It works well for returning integer and double values (see simple example below), but I can't seem to get it to return strings. I am using MinGW gcc (so basically only C) to construct my dll, so I don't have access to BSTR and other cpp like objects/functions... Is there a way to make the C dll return strings to excel? Thanks DLL.c #ifdef BUILD_DLL #define EXPORT __declspec(dllexport) #else #define EXPORT __declspec(dllimport) #endif EXPORT int __stdcall add2(int num){ return num + 2; ...

Those of you with a 0x8004210A error message on Outlook 2003's Internet Mail, read this. I've made it work here
Hi everyone I'd been fighting this one for some time and finally got things working today. I noticed there were lots of questions about it on these newsgroups and not many answers (no offense, just what I found). Anyway, I got tipped off by an article on the Microsoft site, but one I found by accident. Here's what I did: I searched the entire system drive for the Inetcomm.dll file, and found two. One was iirc in Windows' SYSTEM32 folder, the other in some ServicePackSomething folder. The files were different versions (the SYSTEM32 one being newer, as expected). What I did was...

Group Policy Defaults for SBS 2003
I am searching for a list with the default group policy for SBS2003 Premium. (I want to verfiy some settings on our SBS2003 prior to migration to SBS2008). At Susan Bradley's Blog, i've found a very good post, but unfortunately only for SBS2008: http://msmvps.com/blogs/bradley/archive/2009/05/29/group-policy-defaults-for-sbs-2008.aspx Does any one have such a listing for SBS2003? Thany You. Christian. I don't think this exists (at least I haven’t been able to find it for SBS 2003). You might want to: + take a laptop (NOT joined to your SBS domain) + insta...

Outlook 2003 #232
Outlook 2003 will not close down properly,it looks like it shuts down but it is this running in process in task manager. How do you stop this. mbass <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Outlook 2003 will not close down properly,it looks like it > shuts down but it is this running in process in task > manager. How do you stop this. http://www.howto-outlook.com/Faq/outlookdoesntclose.htm -- Brian Tillman ...

net meeting
I can use net meeting to contact someone on my network but, they cannot contact me. ...

C++ equivalent?
Hi, In c# where I would access a named property of a chart series like: series["DrawingStyle"]= columnStyle; But I can't figure out how to do the equivalent in c++. Where a 'normal' property would be set like this in c++: series->MarkerSize= markerSize; c# series.MarkerSize= markerSize; Thanks, Dan. On 23-04-2010 17:41, DanB wrote: > In c# where I would access a named property of a chart series like: > series["DrawingStyle"]= columnStyle; > But I can't figure out how to do the equivalent in c++. > > > Wher...

Exchange 2003 computer account
I am running Exchange 2003 on Windows 2003 network (AD). One of my admins was trying to test the exchange restore, but he screwed up. He setup a test network, isolated from production network. He tried to do restore from tape, etc, etc. I still don't know exactly what he did, but our production exchange is not part of network anymore.. I notice the Exchange server name was missing from Exchange Domain Servers groups in AD. So I added back in. The computer name is still in AD. However we cannot login into Exchange server into domain. When I try to do that, I get a message that says: Window...

Problem to import folders from old .PST files to Outlook 2003
Have upgraded from Outlook 2002 to Outlook 2003. I had several Personal Maps (One Map containing the E-Mail for each previous years, like Outlook2003, Outlook2002, etc.). When I try to import the old .pst Personal Maps to my new Outlook 2004 Personal Map (with the new format), the folders inside each of the Map are not visible, and I am not able to import any data at all. Is it possible to create several Personal Maps in Outlook 2004, and how to I create a new one? What do you mean by Personal Maps? Assuming you are talking about Personal Folders (PST files) they are perfectly compati...

Visual C++ AND .Net
What would be the best package for me to purchase if I want to move from VC++ 6.0 and VB 6.0 to .Net? I think it is Visual Studio .Net (around $800.00). Is this correct? I just need a little direction since I have just been given the go ahead to purchase these items. Any information on these products - from someone who has used them - would be helpful. Thank you Ken >-----Original Message----- >What would be the best package for me to purchase if I want to move from >VC++ 6.0 and VB 6.0 to .Net? I think it is Visual Studio .Net (around >$800.00). Is this correct? I just nee...

outlook 2003 connecting to Exchange Server 2003
I have a multihomed environment and am trying to connect my user to my exchange 2003 server. The Primary NIC is used for Internet access and the Secondary is used the connect to my Exchange server. When I setup Outlook 2003 in the Exchange Server field it always wants to resolve the server name to the FQDN. Then it searches for the public IP Address on the Primary NIC. If I ping the server name it knows which NIC to use and doesn't have a problem. How can i set it up to only look for the server name? try entering the IP address of the server instead of the name for resoluti...

Can't find a link to download the Office 2003 Student and Teacher
Why can't I find the link to download Office 2003 Student and Teacher Ed? I have the product key but my original cd has gone missing... Help! Because the link doesn't exist. Contact the vendor from where you purchased it. "TRenee" <TRenee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B0832A59-9C02-462E-8614-D61AAC37DF33@microsoft.com... : Why can't I find the link to download Office 2003 Student and Teacher Ed? I : have the product key but my original cd has gone missing... Help! How to replace Microsoft software or hardware, order service p...

Looking for Visual C++ programmer with MS SQL Server 2005 to work off-site on small project
Looking for Visual C++ programmer with MS SQL Server 2005 to work off-site on small project. Please send me an email to: larryTAKEOUT@seldin.net Lawrence M. Seldin, CMC, CPC Contributing writer for FUTURES Magazine Author of RECRUITSOURCE PEOPLESOFT EXAM and RECRUITSOURCE SAP/R3 EXAM Author of POWER TIPS FOR THE APPLE NEWTON and INTRODUCTION TO CSP NOTE: To send me an email, remove TAKEOUT from my email address: larryTAKEOUT@seldin.net NOTE: My web home page: www.seldin.net ...

ASP.NET Customer Portal
We have some web portals for clients (14 in total) and are using CATALook Store for online purchases. We are implementing Great Plains 9.0 as our fulfillment/accounting software. Can we use .NET 1.1 to hook into web services, (e-connect) or do we have to use .Net 2.0 as it suggests in Web Services Documentation. Also. anybody with examples of how you would call the 9.0 web services (e-connect) with ASP.NET 1.1. Thanks. S: When MS makes a "suggestion" with respect eConnect and its compatibility with other software, treat that as the equivalent of saying "Well, you ...

Frage zu Publisher 2003
Hallo NG. Ich benutze Publisher 2003 und habe dazu folgende Frage. Kann ich eine vorgefertigte Seite gegen Ver�nderungen durch Dritte sch�tzen �hnlich der Funktion "Blattschutz" in Excel? Gru� Josef Josef Gietzen wrote: > Ich benutze Publisher 2003 und habe dazu folgende Frage. > > Kann ich eine vorgefertigte Seite gegen Ver�nderungen durch Dritte > sch�tzen �hnlich der Funktion "Blattschutz" in Excel? Leider nicht - ich meine aber dass Microsoft im Moment forschen M�glichkeiten f�r "Seite-Sch�tzung" in die n�chste Version Publisher. (Es tut ...