Visual C++ AND .Net

What would be the best package for me to purchase if I want to move from
VC++ 6.0 and VB 6.0 to .Net? I think it is Visual Studio .Net (around
$800.00). Is this correct? I just need a little direction since I have just
been given the go ahead to purchase these items. Any information on these
products - from someone who has used them - would be helpful.

Thank you

Ken

0
ks3bb (2)
9/12/2003 2:34:20 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Do not buy it, it sucks. Wait for the next release.

0
azhao (3)

Using Visual C++ 6.0 MFC Application
01/19/2004 Using a single document or a dialog application, I am able to use my own variables that are declared in the same source file, however, if I try to declare a global variable in a header file or a source file included before the code I am using, I get the error "Undeclared Identifier". Example in Old C: "First.h" int i; "Main.cpp" #include "First.h" main() { i=5; printf("%d",i); } When I declare a variable in a header file, in Class View - Globals, my variable does show up, b...

Standard Visual Basic vs Visual Basic for Applications
I've recently purchased Front Page and understand that I can code with Visual Basic as part of this software package. 1. What does Front Page contain: Standard Visual Basic or VBA? 2. Do either or both work with Visual Studio? 3. Is Visio different from Visual Studio? -- Deb Front Page and Visio are both Microsoft Office applications that contain VBA (Visual Basic for Applications). These programs are productivity applications first and programming platforms second. Visual Studio is a pure programming application. (All it does is let you write other programs.) Older versions of ...

VB.net select column and format
Hi, I am using VB.net 2005 with Excel 2003. I need to select a single column and apply formating to it. Can someone please explain how to do this? Thanks, What sort of formatting do you mean? The basic code would be something like Dim RangeToFormat As Excel.Range Dim WS As Excel.Worksheet RangeToFormat = DirectCast( _ XLApp.Workbooks("Book1.xls"). _ Worksheets.Item("Sheet1"), Excel.Worksheet). _ Range("A1").EntireColumn WS = RangeToFormat.Worksheet RangeToFormat = _ XLApp.Intersect(WS.UsedRange, RangeToFormat) RangeToForma...

>NET 3.5 on SBS 2003R2
I have a client who needs to install .NET 3.5 on an SBS 2003 R2 server because of a server application that requires it. I have run into a few problems in the past updating .NET on SBS boxes, and since then, I have always avoided it. Are there any issues with the updating to .NET 3.5 in my environment? From what I've read, I will need to set up a separate application pool for .NET 3.5. Any other caveats or pitfalls? Thanks. Depends on who you ask. <g> I have had no issues except for occasionaly (once per server) having to reset the shipping apps that rely on IIS to .ne...

NET Client calling Axis web service
I have a Net 2.0 client (C# Winform) calling an Axis web service. I can authenticate, and send a request that is accepted and responded to, but I cannot see the response. The return for the call to the webservice is an object. Looking at the SOAP message that comes in, I can see the response. However when I assign the response to instance of the object, the result is null. Example: 1. WorkRequestServiceImplService myRequest = new WorkRequestServiceImplService(); 2. WorkRequestTO workRequest = new WorkRequestTO(); 3. WorkRequestStatusTO workRequestStatus = new WorkRequestStatusTO(); ...

HP Image Editor files default to C:\ directory
Re: HP 3970 Scanner Hello Everyone: Maybe someone here has or has used this scanner and knows the answer. I will make my question as straightforward as possible. Once I have scanned an image and 'saved it,' it defaults to the C:\ directory unless I choose another location. If it is saved in another directory, it will not show up on the image editor so I unable to print or edit the image. Is there a way to change the settings so that an image is automatically saved to a default location other than C:\ or do I have to move an image to the C:\ location each time I ...

C-DLL-VBA-EXCEL strings
Hello, I'm trying to connect excel to a C dll library (call C dll from excel through the VBA). It works well for returning integer and double values (see simple example below), but I can't seem to get it to return strings. I am using MinGW gcc (so basically only C) to construct my dll, so I don't have access to BSTR and other cpp like objects/functions... Is there a way to make the C dll return strings to excel? Thanks DLL.c #ifdef BUILD_DLL #define EXPORT __declspec(dllexport) #else #define EXPORT __declspec(dllimport) #endif EXPORT int __stdcall add2(int num){ return num + 2; ...

I Visual Basic Error "File Not Found" when Excel opens
Good afternoon. I am using XP Pro at work and My computer just started doing this. when I open Excel, I get a message pop up that says in title "Visual Basic Error" and in body of error window is "File Not Found". If I click on help, says something about error 53 but when I try to look that up on Microsoft's website, can't find what seems to apply to my issue. And now when I go into my personal.xls to view my macros, I can get in, but if I try to save anything, I get a window pop up saying Excel must be shut down, and then a window pops up asking me if I want...

C++ equivalent?
Hi, In c# where I would access a named property of a chart series like: series["DrawingStyle"]= columnStyle; But I can't figure out how to do the equivalent in c++. Where a 'normal' property would be set like this in c++: series->MarkerSize= markerSize; c# series.MarkerSize= markerSize; Thanks, Dan. On 23-04-2010 17:41, DanB wrote: > In c# where I would access a named property of a chart series like: > series["DrawingStyle"]= columnStyle; > But I can't figure out how to do the equivalent in c++. > > > Wher...

net meeting
I can use net meeting to contact someone on my network but, they cannot contact me. ...

Visual C++ AND .Net
What would be the best package for me to purchase if I want to move from VC++ 6.0 and VB 6.0 to .Net? I think it is Visual Studio .Net (around $800.00). Is this correct? I just need a little direction since I have just been given the go ahead to purchase these items. Any information on these products - from someone who has used them - would be helpful. Thank you Ken >-----Original Message----- >What would be the best package for me to purchase if I want to move from >VC++ 6.0 and VB 6.0 to .Net? I think it is Visual Studio .Net (around >$800.00). Is this correct? I just nee...

Looking for Visual C++ programmer with MS SQL Server 2005 to work off-site on small project
Looking for Visual C++ programmer with MS SQL Server 2005 to work off-site on small project. Please send me an email to: larryTAKEOUT@seldin.net Lawrence M. Seldin, CMC, CPC Contributing writer for FUTURES Magazine Author of RECRUITSOURCE PEOPLESOFT EXAM and RECRUITSOURCE SAP/R3 EXAM Author of POWER TIPS FOR THE APPLE NEWTON and INTRODUCTION TO CSP NOTE: To send me an email, remove TAKEOUT from my email address: larryTAKEOUT@seldin.net NOTE: My web home page: www.seldin.net ...

ASP.NET Customer Portal
We have some web portals for clients (14 in total) and are using CATALook Store for online purchases. We are implementing Great Plains 9.0 as our fulfillment/accounting software. Can we use .NET 1.1 to hook into web services, (e-connect) or do we have to use .Net 2.0 as it suggests in Web Services Documentation. Also. anybody with examples of how you would call the 9.0 web services (e-connect) with ASP.NET 1.1. Thanks. S: When MS makes a "suggestion" with respect eConnect and its compatibility with other software, treat that as the equivalent of saying "Well, you ...

How does C# avoid needing C++ style header files?
I am new to C# and want to understand its architecture a little better. How does C# avoid needing C++ style header files? Hello, By design when you compile some code, metadata are stored as part of the generated file allowing to use those classes in a self contained way. It has all the needed info built into it. See : http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/xcd8txaw(VS.71).aspx (Metadata Overview) -- Patrice "Peter Olcott" <NoSpam@SeeScreen.com> a �crit dans le message de groupe de discussion : t8CdnWMCZcduNcTWnZ2dnUVZ_hudnZ2d@giganews.com... &...

Printing a treeview on a report (or anything visually similar)
The topic says it all. I need to be able to print a hierarchy on a report. There's no limit to the number of levels (tho no more than 10 at the moment). I'm looking to simulate the look of a treeview. I'm stumped and I don't know where to start. Any suggestions are very welcomed. -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-reports/200801/1 ...

convert layered MS Access queries to .NET
I am trying to convert some MS Access queries to .net. These queries call other queies, that call other queries, etc., sometimes up to five levels deep. I am trying to keep from using subqueries because of the amount of testing that would be required, some of the lower level queries are used in multiple high level queries, and some of the lower level queries reference different data sources. Is there a way to use datatables or some other way to do what Access does? perkinesed wrote: > I am trying to convert some MS Access queries to .net. These queries > call other queies...

Modifier and Visual Basic Editor dim ??
Hi, I have already set the security to access the customization tools (Modifier and Visual Basic Editor) for my user login. Why is both of this options still dim -- I can't click on these items (Modifier and Visual Basic Editor) because it is disabled. Please advise. Thanks a lot. it wont be available until you have purchased it - it is a separate module. You will get a new set of reg keys that will activate the choices. HS "Dolly" <Dolly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1553009B-B7A0-4D54-AAD1-ADD7F17D49A2@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I have a...

Different CTabCtrl behavior/appearance under .NET 02 and 05
Hi, folks. I'm porting a Mac program to Windows via MFC (glad to see some people are still using it!). It's tedious but doable. I started my port using an old C++.Net Standard 2002 I had. I figured I should put out the $ for the full 2005 version, but now have the 90-trial version. Anyway, I've noticed something that I haven't figured out how to deal with. In the old Visual C++.NET I get nice XP (I assume) behavior and appearance for my CTabCtrl's. That means XP look (a little orange on the top edge of the selected tab) and behavior (defaults to "hot tracking" ev...

VB.NET CF, Excel 2003, and XML
Hello, I am trying to open the contents of a dataset (contained in a pocket pc) as an xml file in Excel 2003. I created an XMLTextWriter and exported the dataset like this: DataSet.WriteXml(XMLTextWriter, XmlWriteMode.WriteSchema) Office 2003 was unable to open the file properly and confused the header with the data. If I use the XmlWriteMode.IgnoreSchema parameter, I am still unable to get the columns labelled properly. In the XML source window, I load the schema through the XML Maps... button. When I import the data, it says no schema is specified and creates a NEW map with ns1...

Visual Studio 8.
I currently use Visual C++ Version 6. Should I purchase and begin using Visual Studio 8? Do I qualify for the the upgrade version of Visual Studio 8? TonyG wrote: > I currently use Visual C++ Version 6. > > Should I purchase and begin using Visual Studio 8? Maybe, or perhaps wait till the end of the month when Visual Studio 9 is released. :-) > > Do I qualify for the the upgrade version of Visual Studio 8? Yes. Bo Persson Yes and yes. No reason to go through all those other version in my opinion. Tom "TonyG" <TonyG@junk.com> wrote in message ne...

xpath again
Hi again, I'm using the following xpath (works in visualizer) with a SelectSingleNode("xpath") statement. //Station[@name="Station1"]/(WI[Boards/Board[@sn="583230"][@finish]])[la st()]]/@order Problem is I get an error "expression passed to this method should result in a NodeSet". Of course, that (sort of) makes sense to me now (I suppose just an attribute couldn't be a nodeset, but how would I go about: I need to determine if and what <WI> element is the parent of the last <Board> is according to the above xpath. I then need to ...

C ODBC code not working
Following code connects to database using ODBC calls. I am using VC++ 8.0 ( windows server2003 )for compiling this code,and getting lots of errors. can anybody please help me with this : #include <windows.h> #include <sqlext.h> #include <sql.h> #include <stdio.h> main() { SQLHENV henv; SQLHDBC hdbc; SQLHSTMT hstmt; SQLRETURN retcode; retcode = SQLAllocHandle(SQL_HANDLE_ENV, SQL_NULL_HANDLE, &henv); retcode = SQLSetEnvAttr(henv, SQL_ATTR_ODBC_VERSION, (void*) SQL_OV_ODBC3, 0); retcode = SQLAllocHandle(SQL_HANDLE_DBC, henv, &hdbc); ...

Microsoft visual C++ Runtime Error #2
When I open Outlook 2000, the first time I ger the following error "RUNTIME ERROR PROGRAM:C:\PROGRAM FILES\MICROSOFT OFFICE\OFFICE\OUTLOOK.EXE" It says this application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the applications support team for more information. There are two of us on the outlook e-mail that we share. We have two profiles and sepaarate PAB & PST files. I get it the first time, and when I close it out, it will open on the second go around with no problem. When I open the other profile, I get it the first time I open it, the...

.Net passport account and MSN Money website
I am attempting to start over with my money account because of problems converting to 2005. When I link the account to my passport account it brings all the old recurring transactions to the new account and they are WAY old. Is there any way to clean them from the MSN money website before I associate my .net account with my money file?. When I go out to moneycentral to view my reccurring bills and deposits nothing is listed. Thanks for any help. This is supposed to be accomplished by resetting the data. Log in to the Passport you want to clean out and then go to https://moneycentr...

visual aesthetics
does anyone have any links to pages on spreadsheet design from a 'visual aesthetic' viewpoint. i have been building spreadsheets for some years now and have found very little on the finer points of aesthetics. ...