Visual C++ 2005 Radio Buttons

Hello all,

When I use Visual C++ 2005 to write a calculator program, for example,

http://www.functionx.com/visualc/controls/radiobutton.htm

The radio control cannot be set into int.  There is only bool exist in
the interface.

Is there are something wrong of my question?

Thanks.

Zhidian Du

0
duzhidian (8)
2/13/2006 5:25:13 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

>When I use Visual C++ 2005 to write a calculator program, for example,
>
>http://www.functionx.com/visualc/controls/radiobutton.htm
>
>The radio control cannot be set into int.  There is only bool exist in
>the interface.
>
>Is there are something wrong of my question?

Looks like a bug in VS2005. :(

Can you submit a bug report on this at:

http://lab.msdn.microsoft.com/productfeedback/

and post back here with a link to your bug report and I'll verify it.

Thanks
Dave
0
davidl7375 (2061)
2/13/2006 9:57:50 AM
On 12 Feb 2006 21:25:13 -0800, duzhidian@gmail.com wrote:

>Hello all,
>
>When I use Visual C++ 2005 to write a calculator program, for example,
>
>http://www.functionx.com/visualc/controls/radiobutton.htm
>
>The radio control cannot be set into int.  There is only bool exist in
>the interface.

Which interface?

If you mean the Wizard for adding variables then you must take the
"Control Variable" check off.

IMO, the resource wizards in VS 2005 are a bit of a pain for anyone
who used Class Wizard in earlier versions. It's a total mystery how
navigating to existing variables is achieved from the resource editor.
Everything seems to be geared towards producing new code.

--
Steve Wolstenholme     Neural Planner Software

http://www.easynn.com
0
steve (110)
2/13/2006 11:12:17 AM
>Looks like a bug in VS2005. :(

Albeit a minor one - you can just type "int" instead of the BOOL
you're presented with, and it works (for me).

Please submit a bug report, I think it does need to be looked into
since it's a loss of functionality compared to earlier versions.

Dave
0
davidl7375 (2061)
2/13/2006 12:18:01 PM
"David Lowndes" <DavidL@example.invalid> skrev i meddelandet
> >Looks like a bug in VS2005. :(
>
> Albeit a minor one - you can just type "int" instead of the BOOL
> you're presented with, and it works (for me).

This might have something to do with the difference between an int and
a BOOL (a typedef).  :-)

Bo Persson

0
bop (115)
2/13/2006 4:26:20 PM
Hi, Steve:

Yes, you are right.

If I check the "Control Variable" off, then there is no relationship
with this radio and int.

I need to assgin 0, 1, 2, 3 to + - * / respecitvely.  What should I do?

Thanks.

Zhidian Du

0
duzhidian (8)
2/13/2006 9:12:03 PM
>I need to assgin 0, 1, 2, 3 to + - * / respecitvely.  What should I do?

When the UI presents you with "BOOL" as the only option in the combo
box, type in "int" (no quotes of course).

Dave
0
davidl7375 (2061)

Using Visual C++ 6.0 MFC Application
01/19/2004 Using a single document or a dialog application, I am able to use my own variables that are declared in the same source file, however, if I try to declare a global variable in a header file or a source file included before the code I am using, I get the error "Undeclared Identifier". Example in Old C: "First.h" int i; "Main.cpp" #include "First.h" main() { i=5; printf("%d",i); } When I declare a variable in a header file, in Class View - Globals, my variable does show up, b...

very basic MS access 2007 (button click no read issue)
I added 2 text fields and a button to a form in MS access 2007. and i went to the code builder and tried to add values to the text fields . ex: textBox1.text = "name" i coded this to the button click event.. but some times after i get an error.. the button click property never works... so i have to create a new form and redo it. can some one tell me why this is hapenning , and tell me a way to prevent this.. In Access, you can only use the text property if the control has the focus. Instead, try: textbox1 = "Name" or textbox1.Value = "...

Standard Visual Basic vs Visual Basic for Applications
I've recently purchased Front Page and understand that I can code with Visual Basic as part of this software package. 1. What does Front Page contain: Standard Visual Basic or VBA? 2. Do either or both work with Visual Studio? 3. Is Visio different from Visual Studio? -- Deb Front Page and Visio are both Microsoft Office applications that contain VBA (Visual Basic for Applications). These programs are productivity applications first and programming platforms second. Visual Studio is a pure programming application. (All it does is let you write other programs.) Older versions of ...

Missing send button on outgoing mail
The toolbar containing the send button is no longer showing in the window of a newly created e-mail. Making changes to the toolbar options has no effect. I have re- loaded outlook. The only way I can temporarily correct the problem is to use the command line switch to start it in safe mode. Any syggestions? You and I were chatting about this in another thread -- I replied to you there a little while ago. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:73...

Link an addin macro to a custom button
Hi All, I created an addin. Now I created a custom button and want to link a marco from the addin to it. I cannot figure out the proper syntax can someone help? Thanks Chad Addin is: MyAddin.xla Module is: Monitoring Sub is: UpdateRelMovGraph If this is a button on a toolbar... Saved from a previous post: Your life will become much simpler if you include code to create the toolbar when the workbook is opened and include code to destroy the toolbar when the workbook is closed. For additions to the worksheet menu bar, I really like the way John Walkenbach does it in his menumaker...

HP Image Editor files default to C:\ directory
Re: HP 3970 Scanner Hello Everyone: Maybe someone here has or has used this scanner and knows the answer. I will make my question as straightforward as possible. Once I have scanned an image and 'saved it,' it defaults to the C:\ directory unless I choose another location. If it is saved in another directory, it will not show up on the image editor so I unable to print or edit the image. Is there a way to change the settings so that an image is automatically saved to a default location other than C:\ or do I have to move an image to the C:\ location each time I ...

I Visual Basic Error "File Not Found" when Excel opens
Good afternoon. I am using XP Pro at work and My computer just started doing this. when I open Excel, I get a message pop up that says in title "Visual Basic Error" and in body of error window is "File Not Found". If I click on help, says something about error 53 but when I try to look that up on Microsoft's website, can't find what seems to apply to my issue. And now when I go into my personal.xls to view my macros, I can get in, but if I try to save anything, I get a window pop up saying Excel must be shut down, and then a window pops up asking me if I want...

C-DLL-VBA-EXCEL strings
Hello, I'm trying to connect excel to a C dll library (call C dll from excel through the VBA). It works well for returning integer and double values (see simple example below), but I can't seem to get it to return strings. I am using MinGW gcc (so basically only C) to construct my dll, so I don't have access to BSTR and other cpp like objects/functions... Is there a way to make the C dll return strings to excel? Thanks DLL.c #ifdef BUILD_DLL #define EXPORT __declspec(dllexport) #else #define EXPORT __declspec(dllimport) #endif EXPORT int __stdcall add2(int num){ return num + 2; ...

Money 2005 and IE 7
I can no longer update in Money 2005 since installing IE 7 Any ideas please In microsoft.public.money, old nick_1 wrote: >I can no longer update in Money 2005 since installing IE 7 > >Any ideas please In IE6, I would go to Tools->InternetOptions->Security->TrustedSites->Sites list and uncheck "Require server verification... ". In the trusted sites list I would add these: moneycentral.msn.com fdl.microsoft.com passport.com passport.net login.live.com g.msn.com money:// Check that the SSL2 protocol is enabled. That checkbox may be in Tools->...

C++ equivalent?
Hi, In c# where I would access a named property of a chart series like: series["DrawingStyle"]= columnStyle; But I can't figure out how to do the equivalent in c++. Where a 'normal' property would be set like this in c++: series->MarkerSize= markerSize; c# series.MarkerSize= markerSize; Thanks, Dan. On 23-04-2010 17:41, DanB wrote: > In c# where I would access a named property of a chart series like: > series["DrawingStyle"]= columnStyle; > But I can't figure out how to do the equivalent in c++. > > > Wher...

Visual C++ AND .Net
What would be the best package for me to purchase if I want to move from VC++ 6.0 and VB 6.0 to .Net? I think it is Visual Studio .Net (around $800.00). Is this correct? I just need a little direction since I have just been given the go ahead to purchase these items. Any information on these products - from someone who has used them - would be helpful. Thank you Ken >-----Original Message----- >What would be the best package for me to purchase if I want to move from >VC++ 6.0 and VB 6.0 to .Net? I think it is Visual Studio .Net (around >$800.00). Is this correct? I just nee...

Misplaced View and FIle Button on Menu Bar
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Clueless new Mac user here- when I was changing the toolbar commands in Word (2008) I lost my View and File commands on the menu bar. I have looked at some previous posts - and have tried some of the suggested fixes such as going to the offending toolbar, pressing the control button while right clicking to no avail. Any other suggestions? Many thanks, Bob Control/Right-Clicking a *toolbar* will not Reset the *Menu Bar*, it produces one of 2 contextual menus, one of which contains a Reset Toolbar command. Th...

Looking for Visual C++ programmer with MS SQL Server 2005 to work off-site on small project
Looking for Visual C++ programmer with MS SQL Server 2005 to work off-site on small project. Please send me an email to: larryTAKEOUT@seldin.net Lawrence M. Seldin, CMC, CPC Contributing writer for FUTURES Magazine Author of RECRUITSOURCE PEOPLESOFT EXAM and RECRUITSOURCE SAP/R3 EXAM Author of POWER TIPS FOR THE APPLE NEWTON and INTRODUCTION TO CSP NOTE: To send me an email, remove TAKEOUT from my email address: larryTAKEOUT@seldin.net NOTE: My web home page: www.seldin.net ...

How does C# avoid needing C++ style header files?
I am new to C# and want to understand its architecture a little better. How does C# avoid needing C++ style header files? Hello, By design when you compile some code, metadata are stored as part of the generated file allowing to use those classes in a self contained way. It has all the needed info built into it. See : http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/xcd8txaw(VS.71).aspx (Metadata Overview) -- Patrice "Peter Olcott" <NoSpam@SeeScreen.com> a �crit dans le message de groupe de discussion : t8CdnWMCZcduNcTWnZ2dnUVZ_hudnZ2d@giganews.com... &...

Printing a treeview on a report (or anything visually similar)
The topic says it all. I need to be able to print a hierarchy on a report. There's no limit to the number of levels (tho no more than 10 at the moment). I'm looking to simulate the look of a treeview. I'm stumped and I don't know where to start. Any suggestions are very welcomed. -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-reports/200801/1 ...

Modifier and Visual Basic Editor dim ??
Hi, I have already set the security to access the customization tools (Modifier and Visual Basic Editor) for my user login. Why is both of this options still dim -- I can't click on these items (Modifier and Visual Basic Editor) because it is disabled. Please advise. Thanks a lot. it wont be available until you have purchased it - it is a separate module. You will get a new set of reg keys that will activate the choices. HS "Dolly" <Dolly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1553009B-B7A0-4D54-AAD1-ADD7F17D49A2@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I have a...

Microsoft visual C++ Runtime Error #2
When I open Outlook 2000, the first time I ger the following error "RUNTIME ERROR PROGRAM:C:\PROGRAM FILES\MICROSOFT OFFICE\OFFICE\OUTLOOK.EXE" It says this application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the applications support team for more information. There are two of us on the outlook e-mail that we share. We have two profiles and sepaarate PAB & PST files. I get it the first time, and when I close it out, it will open on the second go around with no problem. When I open the other profile, I get it the first time I open it, the...

C ODBC code not working
Following code connects to database using ODBC calls. I am using VC++ 8.0 ( windows server2003 )for compiling this code,and getting lots of errors. can anybody please help me with this : #include <windows.h> #include <sqlext.h> #include <sql.h> #include <stdio.h> main() { SQLHENV henv; SQLHDBC hdbc; SQLHSTMT hstmt; SQLRETURN retcode; retcode = SQLAllocHandle(SQL_HANDLE_ENV, SQL_NULL_HANDLE, &henv); retcode = SQLSetEnvAttr(henv, SQL_ATTR_ODBC_VERSION, (void*) SQL_OV_ODBC3, 0); retcode = SQLAllocHandle(SQL_HANDLE_DBC, henv, &hdbc); ...

Visual Studio 8.
I currently use Visual C++ Version 6. Should I purchase and begin using Visual Studio 8? Do I qualify for the the upgrade version of Visual Studio 8? TonyG wrote: > I currently use Visual C++ Version 6. > > Should I purchase and begin using Visual Studio 8? Maybe, or perhaps wait till the end of the month when Visual Studio 9 is released. :-) > > Do I qualify for the the upgrade version of Visual Studio 8? Yes. Bo Persson Yes and yes. No reason to go through all those other version in my opinion. Tom "TonyG" <TonyG@junk.com> wrote in message ne...

visual aesthetics
does anyone have any links to pages on spreadsheet design from a 'visual aesthetic' viewpoint. i have been building spreadsheets for some years now and have found very little on the finer points of aesthetics. ...

Visual Studio SP1
Any ideas when it will be avaliable? why asking? Do u found any bugs? And which Visual Studio are you talking about? "JoeB" <joe____A_A_A_A_A_ANoSpamPleaseThankyou_@kybert.com> �������/�������� � �������� ���������: news:OmZecnJHEHA.3276@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Any ideas when it will be avaliable? > > > Im talking about VS.net 2003, i bought it a while ago and uninstalled it because its far too unusable. Im not using VS.net 2002 which is more stable, but still very buggy. joe "Dmitri Zhukov" <dimazhn@yandex.ru> wrote in message new...

C++ .NET with mySQL
Hello, I am using MFC with mysql database. I included mysql.h file in .h (header) file of dialog main class. Also I make changes to Options in VS .NET, I mean, I put there these options: Directories -> Include Files - c:\mysql\include Directories -> Library Files - c:\mysql\lib\opt After this, linker ended abnormally, with 7 errors, like this: data_connect error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _mysql_errno@4 referenced in function "public: int __thiscall Cdata_connectDlg::Connection(class ATL::CStringT<char,class StrTraitMFC<char,class ATL::ChTraitsCRT<char&...

hide and show columns using one control button
Hi. I am great in excel but not so great in macros I am creating a rperot that has "this year", "plan", and "last year" columns. I want to be able to hide and show specific columns like "this year" by pressing a "hide ty" button and once it is hidden, have that same button now say "show this year" and then show this year columns. I have created two button controled macros to do the above but I want to only have one button that toggles and the text changes from hide to show. I have an example of this that I can send to someone....

Standard features gone in 2005
Wow...such standard features that I took for granted (cash flow graph and debt reductino planner) are GONE in 2005 standard. And, I cannot find a place to upgrade to Deluxe...only to buy a whole version of it. Puts me in a bad place, since I depended on those features. I know I should've compared the different versions...I just assumed that the standard features would be..well..standard. Time to look at other software. You can exercise the 30 Day Money Back Guarantee and then go buy Deluxe. "Blake" <bhnorby@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:293c01c49f79$6ea172...

pressing a button in winform application
Hiya, I'm looking for a scripting language that can programmatically press several buttons in my c# application. The script will be running overnight.. is there any scripting language that will do the job? Cheers! Claudi *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com *** "Claudia Fong" <cdolphin88@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message news:eaOFT6h4KHA.6132@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hiya, > > I'm looking for a scripting language that can programmatically press > several buttons in my c# application. The script will be running &...