Vista OpenSCManager Access Denied / WNetAddConnection2 does not fa

It works in from 2K3 to XP, but now from trying to access the SC manager of
Vista remotely from a 2K3 box fails with access denied.  Furthermore, i
installed SP1 of Vista, and now the WNetAddConnection2 wont fail if even if i
send a blank password.  These problems are most likley linked.
0
Nick4562 (282)
4/7/2008 9:47:01 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

VISTA
When I go to save my excel 2007 worksheet which is running in compatibility mode because I have VISTA I get DOCUMENT NOT SAVED can anybody help? Thank you -- Paula Paula, Your Excel 2007 is not running in compatibility mode because of Vista. Compatibility mode means you have opens a old Excel file made with a version that pre-dates XL 2007 Form the Start menu open Excel. It will open with a blank XL 2007 workbook Add some data and Save Tell us what happens best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email "PaulaC" <P...

page_fault_in_nonpaged_area on vista
Hp lap top, had my first bsod. had not changed anything in 6 days just surfing web. It was slow, and rebooted. bsod. I am in safe mode with network now, if i load into reg vista, it bsod. Here is what I have tried so far. not in any real order Restore to last up date 5/7 Failed restore to 5/4 failed, Restore to day before I added antivirus software 4/29 failed Ran spybot, safe mode Ran cc cleaner safe mode Ran chkdsk c:/r 8 bad sectors. Finally here. This is my work cpu, and i need to get the invoicing out. I have it backed up. I can access it through here. I will say this l...

Missing referecne file MSCAL.ocx in Access 2007
Does anyone know how to fix this or where I can go to download the missing calender reference? I have Access 2007, Windows XP service pack 3 You would set a reference to the file. Run a search for mscal.ocx on your computer. Once you locate it, set the reference from any code window. Access 2007 doesn't require a calendar ocx so you may just be able to uncheck the existing reference. If you do need it from the conversion of an older database, you should be able to get it with Service Pack 1 for Office 2007. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mv...

Outlook 2003 crashes and restarts in Vista
Hi all! I'm hoping to get some help from all of you! After my laptop installed some updates it started to crash Outlook whenever I'm writing an email. I have re-installed Outlook and even uninstalled some of the updates I thought would be conflictive, however it still happens. Here's the error I'm getting: Problem signature: Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: OUTLOOK.EXE Application Version: 11.0.8312.0 Application Timestamp: 4a403990 Fault Module Name: OUTLLIB.dll Fault Module Version: 11.0.8313.0 Fault Module Timestamp: 4a793...

Vista not starting
Hi! My Dell Dimension/Vista Home Premium SPlatest has been running reasonably troublefree for thre years. Last week, the machine would come up to the 'Micrsosft Corporation' progress bar and progress away to glory. Sometimes a restart would work, sometimes not. The third time it happened, I found it wouldnt start even after three restarts It started on safe mode. I went back to normal mode and (I think) it did not start. Or maybe it ddid. I chanced to look at Event Viewer ( people should make it a practice to do so in the event of unexpected situations) and found a DHCP f...

Access 2003 and Windows 7
I upgraded windows xp to windows 7. My Access 2003 .MDB files are not working corectly in windows 7. When I try to open a form, I get a query parameter box and then any event that trys to run I get something like this: "The expression <Event name> you entered as the event property setting produced the following error: Object or class does not support the set of events." When working in xp mode of Windows 7 it works fine. Any suggestions? On Sun, 14 Feb 2010 11:16:01 -0800, I dont know <I dont know@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Open a code win...

OWA Access #6
What settings do I need to change in IIS so users get prompted to enter their details when login to OWA. At the moment OWA opens the mailbox of the loged in user by default. Im running Exchange 2003 clustered. There are a few things that you can do. While you can remove integrated authentication, I would suggest enabling Forms Based Authentication. MSExchange has two good articles on items surrounding FBA: http://www.msexchange.org/pages/search.asp?query=fba Bob "Lazo Basic" <l_basic.Nospam.hotmail.com> wrote in message news:uKqiyJLeFHA.3712@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...

frustrations with Access 2006
is anyone else frustrated with the number of time, when editing a project..., Access 2006 crashes, leaving behind a corrupt, un-repairable file (or somtimes just a corrupt form, never-the-less: frustrating)? short of going back to an earlier version of the program, does any one have ANY suggestions? thanks in advance... mark "Mark Kubicki" <mark.kubicki@verizon.net> wrote in message news:u7Pv4lHDIHA.4880@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > is anyone else frustrated with the number of time, when editing a > project..., Access 2007 crashes, leaving behind a corrupt, un-re...

How does access search records in a query
When you join two tables, and one table has a million records while the other has 2000, how does access search for each join type. Which join type will run the fastest. Does access actually look through 1 million records on some of the join types. If the data with the 1 million records is a linked table would that effect the speed of the query. Does access run the query on my pc or the server where the large table resides. The oracle tables are in another state. Will this have a significant effect on performance. I tried creating a pass through query, but I got a 936 error message. I ...

how to install php on vista
I try to install php on window vista by running window installer from php.net. But in Configure IIS, I can not find add new extension (.php) in IIS manager. Also there is no php5isapi.dll in php folder. I try to run test.php on localhost, it gives error message "The page you are requesting cannot be served because of the extension configuration." Need help to solve this problem. Thanks. On 09 Apr 2010, =?Utf-8?B?eW9yaw==?= <york@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in microsoft.public.windows.vista.general: > I try to install php on window vista by running wind...

Access 2003
Hi All - I have encountered curious behaviour in MS Access 2003 which to me seems to be a bug. I have an application which has a sub-form used in several other main forms. The subform is used to select which records in a table will be processed by the main form, and the records are selected by clicking a checkbox. Depending on which main form is being used, the maximum number of records which can be selected in the sub-form can vary from 2 upwards. To "enforce" this limit, I have the following code in the Before Update event of the checkbox, to cancel the selection if the user ...

Public folder Access #7
On my exchange 2003 server while i try to access public folder i get an error message "The object is no longer available.Press F5 to refresh to display and try again. ID NO:80040e19 Exchange system manager." On client there is an error message" Unable to display the folder. This folder cannot be opened because there is a configuration problem on the server. Contact your Microsoft Exchange Server Administrator for assistance." Based on the ID NO we have checked the number of settings such as 1) There is only 1 website configured (Virtual Server).The defaul...

linked dbf tables have "invalid names" after conversion from Access 97 to Access 2000
We're using dbf files to bring data from another application to Access for detailed analysis and reporting. We have recently upgraded from Access 97 to Access 2000. Everything seems to have converted fine except linked dbf tables. The previous linked tables worked fine in Access 97 for several years. When you try and open the table Access 2000 reports that : " is not a valid name. Make sure that it does not include invalid characters or punctuation and that it is not to long. Even if we try and relink to the dbf files we get the same error. We have found that if we move the files t...

Exporting from multiple tables in Access To Excel
I have a file that a client gave me that has all of her store information in it. It's a file that was given to her from the product distributor. It has multiple tables and they are related to each other in some form or fashion. One table has product pricing, one has special pricing for members, one has shipping info, one has the image names for products, one has product categories, etc. I tried to set up relationships between them and query it into one big table to use in Excel, but one of two things happen. Either the products are missing fields or the table only has 30 or so ...

Installation Error
Hi all, I'm trying to install CRM and now, at the end of the process, I'm getting this error : Setup was unable to grant access to the Microsoft CRM database (Error 80040E14). All databases were created successfully on the SQL Server. SQL Server Startup Service Account is set to System account. For the installation, I used Domain User Account, which has admin privileges over the domain and the machine. Tech Support told me about these 2 KB articles : You may receive an "80040E14" error message when you try to install Microsoft Business Solutions CRM 1.2 (894283) "...

Microsoft RMS POS 2.0 & Vista Home Premium
We just purchased a new PC with Vista Home Premium, and we plan on buying Microsoft RMS POS 2.0. Will version 2.0 of RMS POS run on Vista Home Premium? Thanks, Tom While RMS does on on Vista very well, in my opinion but you will want to make sure that all of addional POS hardware will work with Vista as well i.e. scanners, printers. etc... I know that the TPI plug-in from Mercury is not compatible with Vista and neither are the Mini MIRC check readers from Magtek. Having the ability to process checks is not as critical as it once was, as alot of retailers will no longer accept check...

Importing Outlook Express Address Book into Access
I have done this before, but can't figure out how I did. Please help. Thanks for any help. I believe you need to export it first from OE, then import. If that doesn't help, post back with what versions you're using and what you've already tried. -- Susan Ramlet **please reply to the newsgroup so others may benefit** "Owl" <Owl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9BAB247A-CBB2-4E6B-8485-5C5D3AAB8915@microsoft.com... >I have done this before, but can't figure out how I did. Please help. > > Thanks for any help. ...

Windows Vista and 2 Gb RAM?
Hi, Some people on the XP Discussion told me that Widows Vista only really runs well if it has 2Gb RAM. I know that the Upgrade advisor states a lot less, and that the Minimum system requirements is less also. Is this 2Gb need/want true, in what cases, and why? Is it just that Vista runs much smoother on 2 GB RAM? Thank you. Brian Having 2gig of RAM is a lot better than having 1 GIG or even 512MB. Go for it and you will not regret it -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. ...

Accessing Picklist Values from Report
I am wondering if it is possible to (and if so, how) to access all possible values in a picklist attribute for a report. Obviously if I'm looking at any given object I see only the value with is currenlty selected for the picklist. But all the values for that picklist attribute have to be SOMEWHERE in a database table right? If anyone can send me in the right direction I would appreciate it. Debra You can use MetadataWebservice to get the picklist values. Sample code ========= EntityMetadata accmd = MetadataService.RetrieveEntityMetadata("account",EntityFlags...

Access data collection replies
An error ocurred collecting data using emails Cannot process this email message.the form in this email message is either corrupt or has been modified. how do i fix? i'm using the sample template Northwind traders ��ͤ�������͢�ͤ���Ẻ������ǹ��ٻẺ MIME ------=_NextPart_000_0020_01CAA75D.DF55A6D0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable "brad" <brad@discussions.microsoft.com> ???????????????? = news:E0915BC8-4FA9-478B-AE6D-045FDCA301CC@microsoft.com... > An error ocurred collecting data usi...

write file fails with error number 5 = Access is denied
Hi I trying to copy to the usb , raw data with function writefile(..), and i get the error number 5 =Access is denied, I am working with vista SP1, and i guess it got to be connected to my priviliges. Do you know how to avoid this ERROR ? any code sample maybe ? -i have successed to read from the usb all the raw data in the same way. here is the code i am using: char _devicename[] = "\\\\.\\A:"; _devicename[4] = Drive_letter; hDevice = CreateFileA( _devicename, GENERIC_READ, FILE_SHARE_READ | FILE_SHARE_WRITE, NULL, OPEN_EXISTING, 0, NULL); if (hDevice ==...

Access 2002 vs Access 97
I created a table in Access 2002 and the office that needs it has only Access 97. Is there a way to convert from 2002 to 97? Thank you for any assistance. Yes: Tools|Database Utilities|Convert Database On Mon, 27 Oct 2003 16:05:51 -0800, "RVolvo960" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I created a table in Access 2002 and the office that needs >it has only Access 97. Is there a way to convert from 2002 >to 97? >Thank you for any assistance. -- John Nurick [Microsoft Access MVP] Please respond in the newgroup and not by email. ...

Favorite feature about Vista
The favorite feature about Vista on my opinion is the Aero that it has. It creates a more visual look on the window and makes the graphics look better. I sent a message to Laredo Community College and I CCed Alejandra, so I hope Alejandra gets the message that this is not email. "Alejandra Contreras" <i1405104@cisnet.laredo.edu> wrote in message news:uY2t40AsKHA.4284@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > The favorite feature about Vista on my opinion is the Aero that it has. > It creates a more visual look on the window and makes the graphics look > better....

Installing an "Startup on Login" App on Vista or Windows 7?
To install a .NET app on XP so that it launches when the user logs in, all you had to do was add a folder named Startup to the User's Programs Menu object the Setup project's file system, and create a shortcut in that folder that runs the app's primary output. This does not seem to work with Vista or Windows 7, apparently due to the different location on the disk for the Start menu folder tree. What's the trick to get this to work on either XP, Vista or Windows 7? ...

access denied #3
Hi, how do I get outlook to import my old outlook mail saved as a pst file, because all I get is "access denied" ? thanks, marc "sharelove" <sharelove@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:11BFD35C-3F80-4CF7-909F-98A63D529516@microsoft.com... > Hi, how do I get outlook to import my old outlook mail saved as a pst > file, > because all I get is "access denied" ? > thanks, > marc Copy the .pst file off the read-only media (CD-ROM) and onto your hard drive. Then remove the read-only attribute on the file. Outlook demands wri...