Vista hides Printer button of CPageSetupDialog

Vista hides Printer button of CPageSetupDialog. Under XP, all is correct.

What is the reason of that? Is there a hint?

Thank you in advance

Pierre Couderc

0
pecouderc (1)
10/22/2008 5:58:32 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

VISTA
When I go to save my excel 2007 worksheet which is running in compatibility mode because I have VISTA I get DOCUMENT NOT SAVED can anybody help? Thank you -- Paula Paula, Your Excel 2007 is not running in compatibility mode because of Vista. Compatibility mode means you have opens a old Excel file made with a version that pre-dates XL 2007 Form the Start menu open Excel. It will open with a blank XL 2007 workbook Add some data and Save Tell us what happens best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email "PaulaC" <P...

page_fault_in_nonpaged_area on vista
Hp lap top, had my first bsod. had not changed anything in 6 days just surfing web. It was slow, and rebooted. bsod. I am in safe mode with network now, if i load into reg vista, it bsod. Here is what I have tried so far. not in any real order Restore to last up date 5/7 Failed restore to 5/4 failed, Restore to day before I added antivirus software 4/29 failed Ran spybot, safe mode Ran cc cleaner safe mode Ran chkdsk c:/r 8 bad sectors. Finally here. This is my work cpu, and i need to get the invoicing out. I have it backed up. I can access it through here. I will say this l...

Outlook 2003 crashes and restarts in Vista
Hi all! I'm hoping to get some help from all of you! After my laptop installed some updates it started to crash Outlook whenever I'm writing an email. I have re-installed Outlook and even uninstalled some of the updates I thought would be conflictive, however it still happens. Here's the error I'm getting: Problem signature: Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: OUTLOOK.EXE Application Version: 11.0.8312.0 Application Timestamp: 4a403990 Fault Module Name: OUTLLIB.dll Fault Module Version: 11.0.8313.0 Fault Module Timestamp: 4a793...

Hiding rows #5
We would like to be able to enter a value in a cell and if it meets our predefined criteria the entire row would automatically hide. Is this possible in excel? Thanks You can use and event procedure to do this (see http://www.cpearson.com/excel/events.htm for more info about events). Right click the sheet tab and choose View Code. In the VBA code module that appears, paste the following code: Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If Target.Address = "$A$1" Then 'change cell as desired If Target.Value > 10 Then ' change criteria as desired ...

Hiding Page Number in "Page Break Preview"
Hi all, When I view my worksheet in the "Page Break Preview", I can see the Page Number shown on the worksheet as watermark. Eventhough it doesn't print, it is quite annoyance to be in the center of the screen. Is there any way I can get rid of it ...? Thanks. Zainuddin Z Zainuddin In short...no -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.ukANDTHIS www.nickhodge.co.uk "Zainuddin Zakaria" <salza@tm.net.my> wrote in message news:458f88b2_1@news.tm.net.my... > Hi all, > > When I view my worksheet...

Vista not starting
Hi! My Dell Dimension/Vista Home Premium SPlatest has been running reasonably troublefree for thre years. Last week, the machine would come up to the 'Micrsosft Corporation' progress bar and progress away to glory. Sometimes a restart would work, sometimes not. The third time it happened, I found it wouldnt start even after three restarts It started on safe mode. I went back to normal mode and (I think) it did not start. Or maybe it ddid. I chanced to look at Event Viewer ( people should make it a practice to do so in the event of unexpected situations) and found a DHCP f...

how to install php on vista
I try to install php on window vista by running window installer from php.net. But in Configure IIS, I can not find add new extension (.php) in IIS manager. Also there is no php5isapi.dll in php folder. I try to run test.php on localhost, it gives error message "The page you are requesting cannot be served because of the extension configuration." Need help to solve this problem. Thanks. On 09 Apr 2010, =?Utf-8?B?eW9yaw==?= <york@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in microsoft.public.windows.vista.general: > I try to install php on window vista by running wind...

hiding private appointments?
i want to filter out my private appointments so i can display/print only my public appointments. how do i set up a filter to HIDE only my private appointments? ...

Microsoft RMS POS 2.0 & Vista Home Premium
We just purchased a new PC with Vista Home Premium, and we plan on buying Microsoft RMS POS 2.0. Will version 2.0 of RMS POS run on Vista Home Premium? Thanks, Tom While RMS does on on Vista very well, in my opinion but you will want to make sure that all of addional POS hardware will work with Vista as well i.e. scanners, printers. etc... I know that the TPI plug-in from Mercury is not compatible with Vista and neither are the Mini MIRC check readers from Magtek. Having the ability to process checks is not as critical as it once was, as alot of retailers will no longer accept check...

how to hide a empty txtbox and show a label??
Hello Guys, I have a report and I'm trying to do the following: If a record has a null value for "Worker" then I want to show a label called "Vacant". I've tried to put the following in various placed (using the code button) but can't seem to figure it out. The report is based on a join query from 2 tables, one table "MasterData" contains the people and "Jobs" contains the various information about the jobs (payrange, hiredate etc...) TIA, _Bigred Private Sub Report_Open(Cancel As Integer) If IsNull(Me!Worker) Then Me!Worker.Visib...

Windows Vista and 2 Gb RAM?
Hi, Some people on the XP Discussion told me that Widows Vista only really runs well if it has 2Gb RAM. I know that the Upgrade advisor states a lot less, and that the Minimum system requirements is less also. Is this 2Gb need/want true, in what cases, and why? Is it just that Vista runs much smoother on 2 GB RAM? Thank you. Brian Having 2gig of RAM is a lot better than having 1 GIG or even 512MB. Go for it and you will not regret it -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. ...

Favorite feature about Vista
The favorite feature about Vista on my opinion is the Aero that it has. It creates a more visual look on the window and makes the graphics look better. I sent a message to Laredo Community College and I CCed Alejandra, so I hope Alejandra gets the message that this is not email. "Alejandra Contreras" <i1405104@cisnet.laredo.edu> wrote in message news:uY2t40AsKHA.4284@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > The favorite feature about Vista on my opinion is the Aero that it has. > It creates a more visual look on the window and makes the graphics look > better....

Outlook 2007, Vista and Unread Mail
Unread Mail no longer displays the number of new unread mails; instead, folders with new mails are displayed in bold. But when I click on Unread Mail, I can read the mails that are new. How can I get Unread Mail to display the number of Unread Mails, and the folders containing new emails to NOT be displayed in bold? -- Thanks, John Hi John, What happens if you right click on the Unread Mail folder and click properties? Is the "Show number of Unread Items" radio button selected? -- Benjamin Gay [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confe...

Installing an "Startup on Login" App on Vista or Windows 7?
To install a .NET app on XP so that it launches when the user logs in, all you had to do was add a folder named Startup to the User's Programs Menu object the Setup project's file system, and create a shortcut in that folder that runs the app's primary output. This does not seem to work with Vista or Windows 7, apparently due to the different location on the disk for the Start menu folder tree. What's the trick to get this to work on either XP, Vista or Windows 7? ...

Text and Button
Hi, I created a button: CButton myBut; myBut. Create("Text", ...) I would like to change the default font for text on this button. I would like to know if it is neccessary for this purpose to develop my class derived from CButton and in that class to use DrawItem method. I thing it is too "much work (and classes)" for just changing the defalut font. Is there any simpler way? Thanks, Lubomir "Lubomir" <Lubomir@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D223AB17-D9DA-426C-BF11-E0478D4FB5A0@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I created a button: ...

Task Scheduler in Vista to launch a script ?
I would like to use Task Scheduler in Vista to launch a script, IF the laptop changes from A/C power to Battery power. and I want a second task to monitor when the laptop returns from battery to A/C power. I need help, I can not determine what settings to use once I select event as my triggers. Can any one help ? ...

MSAccess2003 and Vista
I am running an access 2003 application as a Client Server, with the front end on users PCs and the _be on the server. Until now all pcs have been using WindowsXP. A new HP laptop has been purchased with Vista. I had difficulty initially running the application and relinking the _fe to the _be on the server -which is normally a straight forward operation with an XP machine but was unstable with the Vista machine. Eventually after a few tries I got the link working and the application worked fine for an hour or so but then just fell over. I have done the same thing a number of times but ...

If I get 'access denied' one more time with Vista I am going to go to Linux : I hate Vista, I despise Vista. I absolutely hate Vista!
From a 17 year user of windows. I no longer trust Microsoft and will not buy Windows 7, maybe never. "U S Army Veteran" <someone@gmail.com> wrote in message news:O7Wdnfh2e4m3HYPWnZ2dnUVZ_tWdnZ2d@giganews.com... > From a 17 year user of windows. I no longer trust Microsoft and will not > buy Windows 7, maybe never. Sounds like you are too stupid to use Windows. You are a perfect candidate for that crappy Ubuntu. Get with Alias, he will be happy to get another user. Don't let the screen door hit your ass on the way out On Tue, 08 Dec 2...

Publisher using Vista Home Basic
I am using vista home basic and have installed Office Home & Student plus Publisher 2007. Initially in Publisher I was able to access all options of template but after changing the business logo I can only access flyers and blank pages. I have uninstalled both programs and reinstalled but still have the same problem. Would appreciate feedback. What happens if you delete the logo out of the Business Information, can you access the other templates? -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Deidre" <Deidre@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AF1B7F85-3...

Word print button
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel When using word to print I would normally use file/print then into the print submenu, however I have only two options under this section of the file menu they are page setup/ print preview. In excel I have pagsetup/ print preview / print and in word if I use cmd p I can access the print dialogue box for the printer. Any ideas as to what is wrong/ <br> Alasdair Hi Alasdair; There most certainly be a Print command in the file menu. Especially if this is a new installation have you fully updated to th...

CAsyncSocket on vista
We have a Windows service which is a part of our product which uses CAsyncSocket to communicate with another EXE running on the same machine. I have used VC++6.0 to compile the code for the both the service as well as the EXE. The interprocess communication works fine on Win XP, Win2000, and other versions of Windows for the last 5 years. I compiled the programs on Windows Vista using VC++ 6.0. The 'win32 debug' configuration build seems to work fine. However in the 'Win 32 release' configuration build, the socket communcation fails. I ran the service using a debugger, ...

adding SQL Query to make Custom POS button
Is there anyway i can access a customers Purchase History in my database and write a Query to display specific information that i want Shoby, SELECT [Transaction].Time, [Transaction].TransactionNumber, [Transaction].StoreID, IsNull(Store.Name, '''') AS StoreName, [Transaction].ReferenceNumber, Item.ItemLookUpCode, TransactionEntry.Price, TransactionEntry.Quantity, Item.Description FROM TransactionEntry INNER JOIN [Transaction] ON TransactionEntry.TransactionNumber = [Transaction].TransactionNumber AND TransactionEntry.StoreID = [Transaction].Stor...

missing button "auto-archiving"
hello ng, I'm missing the button "auto-archiving". normaly the button is under "Optionen..." or under "Folder\Options.." Outlook 2003/SP2 WinXP/SP2 regards thomas Thomas <none> wrote: > hello ng, > > I'm missing the button "auto-archiving". > > normaly the button is under "Optionen..." or under > "Folder\Options.." Normally, it's under Tools>Options>Other for English versions of Outlook. Since you mention "Optionen", I take it you're not using an English version of Outl...

filter driver & embedded signature in vista-64
Is it possible to embed a signature in my x64 class filter driver? If so, does this eliminate the need to distribute an associated catalog file? Thanks dmm If the driver is installed using an INF file, then a signed security catalog file is required. Legacy (non-PnP) drivers that do not use an INF file are signed by signing the driver binary. IIRC boot-loaded drivers must have the driver binary signed - possibly in addition to having a signed security catalog file. Good luck, Thomas F. Divine "dmm" <dmm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

Auto Hide Columns & Rows
How can I hide 1 or more columns based on a cells value For example, If there is an X in cell A1, column F will be hidden. If there is an X in cell A2, column F will be visible. If there is an X in cell A3, column G will be hidden. If there is an X in cell A4, column G will be visible. This could be triggered by a macro. I am using Autofilter for rows I am using Excel 97. Art Are the values in A1 and A2 mutually exclusive? That is to say, if A1 = x then A2 does not ever = x? Same question for A3 and A4. If they're not mutually exclusive and you run a macro then the macro will unhi...