View classes

I've always found it strange that you never explicitly instantiate the
View classes (those that derive from CView).  I guess MFC does that
for you behind the scenes?  Are there other classes in MFC like this,
or are the Views the only ones?

0
bob8587 (17)
7/10/2007 1:04:08 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

bob@coolgroups.com wrote:
> I've always found it strange that you never explicitly instantiate the
> View classes (those that derive from CView).  I guess MFC does that
> for you behind the scenes?  Are there other classes in MFC like this,
> or are the Views the only ones?

MFC instantiates the CDocument, CView and CFrameWnd behind the scenes.
This assures that they are all initialized with the required cross
references to each other.

CWinThread is also instantiated only by MFC inside AfxBeginThread.

--
Scott McPhillips [MVP VC++]

0
Scott

Mail Messages HTML Viewing

View Webpage

Forms in two differant views

Forcing a view to be the active view

Coustom view

OL98 start up view

Changing View -- All Folders

Modifying Activities associated view 10-01-04
I have tried the unsuported fix involving: http://crmserver/tools/viewEditor/viewManager.aspx?id= 00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001899 The view opens fine but I am unable to save as is or make changes... I get the message "the Item Id is invalid." Please help Make sure you include the braces around the view ID GUID. http://crmserver/tools/viewEditor/viewManager.aspx?id={00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001899} CR "Sean T." <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:161701c4a7bb$d3779910$3501280a@phx.gbl: > I have tried the unsuported fix inv...

Calendar View?

Custom Fields in Views.. 04-22-10
Good Afternoon, We are working with a MOPS 2007 and WSS 3.0 SP2 (no c.u.'s) environment, and have created several enterprise custom fields at the task level. We can use and see them just fine in the schedules in Project Professional 2007, but when we try to add them to the 'my assignments' and 'assignment details' views, the custom data does not show up....any thoughts? Thanks! and have a great spring! Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Get Silverlight 4 Installed: Tips and Tricks http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/05910e...

How can I set View as HTML as the default view...
I am trying to use a news group in which the dominant form of message is based on HTML. But my Outlook news reader forces me to manually turn each message into HTML which is a pain. It must have changed with some security update. I want my old settings back! -- Henry Stock, Network Administrator onProject.com 3 Wing Drive Cedar Knolls, NJ 07927-1006 Henry Stock <hstock@onproject.com> wrote: > I am trying to use a news group in which the dominant form of message > is based on HTML. But my Outlook news reader forces me to manually > turn each message into HTML which is a...

Filmstrip view
I have some windows that allow the filmstrip view and others that do not. I have researched this and what I found was: 1. Select "View" - "Customize This Folder". 2. The folder properties multi-tabbed dialog box will appear. Underneath "Use this folder type as a template" choose "Pictures" or "Photo Album" as desired. 3. Click "OK" to close the dialog box. The "View" - "Filmstrip" option should now be available. I have followed the instructions, but I still don't get the option for the fi...

Account Views Order
Is there any way of manually setting the order in which views are displayed in the drop down box for Accounts? We've created a number of similar views all starting with the word "account" followed by a username (eg: Account - Joe Bloggs etc..) and ideally want them displayed in the list together alphabetically but at the moment they're all mixed in with other views in no logical order. It's not a major problem but would make the system more user friendly if we could have all these views together in the list, is this possible? Thanks, Steve Sorry Steve, That view lis...

views?
haven't install any thing lately that i can remember but when i bring outlook up it and go in to e-mail to send one there is no send button or attachment icon any more at all? and when i look under view there is only custom there and no other options? how do i get back my icons and view options? thanks! ...

creating custom "objects" document/view
hi in CAD softwares, there are *objects* there that we can drag and drop to a form, like a resistor/diode/electronic symbol. with that cad software are able to create electronic schematic design. what is the nature of the form that holds such object? is that an activeX container? and what is that *object*? young_leaf ...

Calendar View 04-08-10
I have a client running the latest release of Entourage 2008 under 10.6.3. When she's in email and has Show Mail Folders Only, unchecked, she can access her calendar. However, if she clicks the calendar icon in the upper left hand corner of the Entourage window, no calendar appears. In the list along the left is Folder on My Computer and Calendar Views, but no item named Calendar. I created a test identity and the calendar in that identity looks and works correctly. I rebuilt the database for her identity, but that did not resolve the problem. Any other suggestions? Hal ...

Viewing invitee names?
Dear Outlook gurus, We are in the process of rolling out Office 2007 across our organisation. We have one staff member who is an Executive Assistant (using Outlook 2007) who manages her manager's calendar (who uses Outlook 2003 still). When she opens a recurring appointment in his calendar to add or remove participants from the list, she can't see the list of people it went out to. All she sees is her name as meeting organizer. She is unable to remove a person off the list who has left or add a new person as it is. We've tried going into her Manager's cale...

View Editor / View Manager view GUIDs
I am trying to modify the view for Opportunities -> Contacts associated view. In know that editing of this view is not exposed in the System Customization UI and so one must use the workaround that has been developed in this group to do it which is using this url: http://<crm-server>/tools/viewEditor/viewManager.aspx?id={<GUID>} My questions are: 1. What is the GUID for Opportunities -> Contacts associated view? 2. Where do I find a complete list of these views? This is the list of GUIDs that I compiled from going through the archives of this list: 00000000-0000-00...

Accesing class Timer from a non-MFC class
Hey everyone, okay what I'm trying to do (essentially) is kill a timer that has been started and defined in an MFC class. I have a couple of methods which are defined in a straight C++ class (I.e. no :: involved :) and I wish to be able to access a Timer in my class CMailDlg:: . Now I was hoping I could simply capture a pointer to the window (say in OnInitDlg) and use this pointer to call the ::KillTimer function, however I can't seem to get a valid pointer to my dialog when it is being created :( So, how do I go about creating a valid pointer to a Dialog's window which ca...

MS Publisher "Select Table" won't list views with user-defined functions?!
MS Publisher "Select Table" won't list views (queries) containing user-defined functions?! What's wrong? And how to work around this? Using the latest version of Microsoft Publisher and MS Access (2003 sp2 with all latest updates), I am trying to create physical asset labels, with a unique serial number on each label. And in Microsoft Publisher, when I go to "select data source" and select my MS Access database "20060117pst2301pmb primary.mdb" (which generates such serial numbers), I get a popup entitled "Select Table" which lists all its tab...

Viewing Publisher files
Hi hope one of you kind people can help? Someone has sent me some files with the publisher extention of .pub on them. I have Office 97 but cannot open them in anything, is there a Microsoft viewer or some way I can download Microsoft Publisher so I can view them? Many thanks in advance thewormman wrote: > Hi hope one of you kind people can help? > > Someone has sent me some files with the publisher > extention of .pub on them. I have Office 97 but cannot > open them in anything, is there a Microsoft viewer or > some way I can download Microsoft Publisher so I can view &...

reformatting outline view
I've read a number of the bits of advice about reformatting the outliner, and I can't make it work to my satisfaction. The stock outliner produces fonts that are way too big (for me), and it fills up pages quickly and becomes ungainly. Yet my efforts to adjust it never work. I either end up back at the beginning or with some weird mix of numbers and fonts. Two questions: Now that I've messed up the outliner (each level begins with a number: I, II, III, instead of I, A, i) how can I restore it to the default? Once I stop digging, where can I turn for advice about matc...