Vertical tabs in Property Sheet

Hi,
 I'm trying to create a property sheet wherein the tabs
 would be displayed vertically(on the left), rather than
 on top.

 The code is as shown below:

 BOOL CMyPropSheet::OnInitDialog()
 {
    BOOL bResult = CPropertySheet::OnInitDialog();

    CTabCtrl *pTab = GetTabControl();
    pTab->ModifyStyle(0, TCS_VERTICAL );

    return bResult;
 }

 The problem with this is that the tabs are not displayed
 clearly. The edges are only vaguely visible till I click
 on them. Apprecaite if anyone could help me fix this.

 Also, can icons be displayed on the tabs rather than
 plain text?

Thanks,
Sucharit
0
anonymous (74717)
1/6/2004 1:04:55 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

"Sucharit Dutta" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>  I'm trying to create a property sheet wherein the tabs
>  would be displayed vertically(on the left), rather than
>  on top.
>
>  The code is as shown below:
>
>  BOOL CMyPropSheet::OnInitDialog()
>  {
>     BOOL bResult = CPropertySheet::OnInitDialog();
>
>     CTabCtrl *pTab = GetTabControl();
>     pTab->ModifyStyle(0, TCS_VERTICAL );
>
>     return bResult;
>  }
>
>  The problem with this is that the tabs are not displayed
>  clearly. The edges are only vaguely visible till I click
>  on them. Apprecaite if anyone could help me fix this.

See if this old post of mine has any merit...

http://www.google.com/groups?selm=edPErFBDDHA.1548%40TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl&oe=UTF-8

>  Also, can icons be displayed on the tabs rather than
>  plain text?

The tabs can have icons, and I assume no text. See if using
CTabCtrl::SetImageList along with CTabCtrl::SetItem work to achieve this.

--
Jeff Partch [VC++ MVP]

0
jeffp (1712)
1/6/2004 1:26:17 PM
....be aware too, that on themed XP, the TCS_VERTICAL style
is no longer
supported. :(

Thanks Jeff. Is there any alternate style which would
support vertical tabs on XP as well?

wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>  I'm trying to create a property sheet wherein the tabs
>>  would be displayed vertically(on the left), rather than
>>  on top.
>>
>>  The code is as shown below:
>>
>>  BOOL CMyPropSheet::OnInitDialog()
>>  {
>>     BOOL bResult = CPropertySheet::OnInitDialog();
>>
>>     CTabCtrl *pTab = GetTabControl();
>>     pTab->ModifyStyle(0, TCS_VERTICAL );
>>
>>     return bResult;
>>  }
>>
>>  The problem with this is that the tabs are not
displayed
>>  clearly. The edges are only vaguely visible till I
click
>>  on them. Apprecaite if anyone could help me fix this.
>
>See if this old post of mine has any merit...
>
>http://www.google.com/groups?selm=edPErFBDDHA.1548%
40TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl&oe=UTF-8

>>  Also, can icons be displayed on the tabs rather than
>>  plain text?
>
>The tabs can have icons, and I assume no text. See if
using
>CTabCtrl::SetImageList along with CTabCtrl::SetItem work
to achieve this.

>--
>Jeff Partch [VC++ MVP]
>

>.

0
anonymous (74717)

how to draw text vertically?
for example, some software like Microsoft Word, when docking a toolbar to left or right, the text on button will be drawn vertically. In article <eShIl7FZGHA.3704@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl>, Bill Gates says... > for example, some software like Microsoft Word, when docking a toolbar to > left or right, the text on button will be drawn vertically. Basically you specify the angle in lfEscapement of the LOGFONT structure. Then call CreateFontIndirect with this structure and you'll get a rotated font of type HFONT. Use SelectObject to select the font and then you can use TextO...

How do I create & print 2 pages on 1 sheet in publisher XP?
I make flat panel invitations, and I was able to fit 2 5" x 7" invites onto a single sheet of 8.5" x 11" sheet of paper at one time. I can't seem to accomplish this anymore and I'm not sure of what I'm doing wrong. Can anyone help me? I'm using publisher XP. Thanks I don't think you ever fit 2 seven inch copies on an eleven inch sheet. Maybe you were setting up legal stock, it is 8.5 x 14. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "ickypicky" <ickypicky@discussions.mic...

I want to display a graph vertically
Hello, I have a problem with displaying a graph in excel. It seems like the default way of displaying a graph is from left to right, that is, the longer part stretches out to the right. On my graph, dates are on the left (vertically) and an other factor is on the right (horisontally). I want the dates tp be horisontally and the other factor vertically, and the curve/graph should go from top to bottom, like a waterfall if that better explains it. That is, I would like to rotate the graph, but not by saving the graph as a gif-file and rotate it in Visio for instance, but as a real excel-graph, ...

Subform within tabs issue
I've been trying to incorportate a subform within a tab. When I go from design view to form view the subform takes over all the screen space, I cannot see the tabs or the top of the form. Any ideas? ...

Post Message from Property Sheet to another
Hi, I have a PropertySheet "A" with 2 Property Pages. And, a Property Sheet "B" with 2 Property Pages. "A" contains a ListView (Single Selection only & LVS_OWNERDRAW enabled) and on right click on an item in the list view, brings up the "B" property sheet. Now when I close the Property Sheet "B", I want to refresh the contents of a particular item the ListView in "property Sheet A" . Any Idea ? thx in advance >... >Now when I close the Property Sheet "B", I want to >refresh the contents of a particular item...

linking of outside charts to each cell in the sheet
Hi friends, I have one question. I have numerical data in each cell. I have a chart for each variable plotted in a different application. I am able to copy it. Is it possible to make it appear like a comment appears when I hover over each cell. comment boxes are able to take only text and I am unable to paste it into a comment box.Your help will be appreciated very much. thanking you in advance Hi, A comment can hold a picture. Here are some examples of more fancy comments. http://www.contextures.com/xlcomments02.html#Picture http://www.dicks-blog.com/archives/2005/04/19/funky-comments...

Excel tabs
Is it possible to have sub sheet tabs in a sheet tab NO -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com <jrrv1976@yahoo.com.mx> wrote in message news:27bf01c4ad78$e4c31f10$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Is it possible to have sub sheet tabs in a sheet tab No. What would you like to achieve? Perhaps there is a method, like hyperlinks to named ranges or somesuch. Or Data>Filter>Autofilter to show specific areas only. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Fri, 8 Oct 2004 13:53:41 -0700, <jrrv1976@yahoo.com.mx> wrote: >Is it possible to have sub sheet tabs in a sheet tab ...

vertical text
Any one help me with displaying text vertically, without expanding the row height? Dan, Do you have exceptional eyesight? Bernard "Dan" <hemidan@aol.com> wrote in message news:27b301c38367$5ae76490$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Any one help me with displaying text vertically, without > expanding the row height? ...

I would like the tabs in Excel to be listed vertically on left.
There's no option setting that will move the sheet tabs to the left. You can send suggestions to: mswish@microsoft.com Put "Excel" in the subject line, so your suggestion will be forwarded to the Excel product managers. Suzy wrote: -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

Printing just vertical gridlines
Is there any way to print out the data in a worksheet showing vertical gridlines only? Virginia One way is to format the cells and add vertical borders. Then whe printing, uncheck the print gridlines box. -- kkkni ----------------------------------------------------------------------- kkknie's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=754 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26513 Thanks very much. That's just what I needed! Virginia kkknie wrote: > One way is to format the cells and add vertical borders. The...

expression has invalid reference to property form/report
Can any one help...I modified my form and tested n work perfectly well when I copied and past the table and form just the structure to the real time...it keep giving me run time error 2455 and the message " Expression that has an invalid reference to the property form/report" Can any one help..many thanks Galrabb Galrabb - You need to post your code for us to help... Any information on the object that is erroring out will help... -- Daryl S "expression has invalid reference to prop" wrote: > Can any one help...I modified my form and teste...

Weighted Avg
I maintain a spreadsheet for a telephone hotline. We track total number of calls received (column F) as well as average time to answer the call (column J). To analyze the month's average time to answer, I use the following weighted average formula: SUMPRODUCT (J5:J26,F5:F26)/SUM(F5:26). I have 2 questions relating to this: 1) Is the above formula correct to determine the average speed to answer? I've assumed the weights to be the total number of calls received. 2) I have a different spreadsheet for each month (Jan, Feb, etc.). How can I properly show the weighted average as...

Convert vertical data to horizontal data
I have a listing of 6 performance ratings for each employee. The ratings appear vertically. How do I convert the ratings data to a single row for each employee? Copy - paste special - transpose -- Russell Dawson Excel Student Please hit "Yes" if this post was helpful. "Kiley" wrote: > I have a listing of 6 performance ratings for each employee. The ratings > appear vertically. How do I convert the ratings data to a single row for > each employee? I think I need more information. I tried what you suggested but I got the following me...

Vertical font
Can a line of font be turned from horizontal to vertical. I've been known to use tables and/or columns to create the effect of a vertical font. If you make the column narrow enough and get the margins right if will move all the text into a vertical line. It is far from foolproof though, some letters, i.e. l, are narrower than others and so frustrate this work around. I am sure someone will be along soon with a much cleverer answer. Good luck. "Jonka" wrote: > Can a line of font be turned from horizontal to vertical. The only way I know is nothing autom...

Default tab
Hi, I have created 5 custom tabs. I now wonder how to make one of these default? /Thanks, Lotten Hello, As far I know you don't have a specific place where you can set a tab as a default one. The first Tab will be the Tab to be shown by default. What you can do is to select the Tab of your choice and move it to the left till it is the first tab. To move a tab use the navigation under common tasks when you are customizing. "Lotten Holm" wrote: > Hi, > > I have created 5 custom tabs. I now wonder how to make one of these default? > > /Thanks, > Lott...

Changing Tabs to Specific Cells
Is there a way to change the tab names (20 of them) to the cells in say A1:A20? When the names are changed in the cells, I need the tabs names to reflect what the cells reflect. Darren- Place this code in the appropriate sheet module: Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Dim rng As Range Set rng = Me.[A1:A20] If Target.Row > ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets.Count Then Exit Sub On Error GoTo ErrHandler Sheets(Target.Row).Name = Target.Value Exit Sub ErrHandler: MsgBox "Invalid sheet name. Try again." Target.Select End Sub --- HTH Jason Atlanta, GA "Dar...

excel sheet disappearing in IE
I've encountered this problem where I have links in a frame displaying excel worksheets in a different frame. When I click on the 2nd worksheet, they start to disappear within the frame. It is in documented in this knowloedge base article http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en- us;810813&Product=xlw One of the workaround is to "refresh the whole frameset to properly subtantiate the excel workbook" ... My question is how do you "refresh the whole frameset"? I know how to refresh individual frames (using javascript), but not the whole frameset...

Vertical Text
Is there a way to have a label have vertical text (as if the box had been turned 90 deg) Thanks Terry Select the Label, then goto Properties - Other and set Vertical to Yes. But beware! This can be kind f tricky, depending on the font and font size you're using, and the width of the label. -- There's ALWAYS more than one way to skin a cat! Answers/posts based on Access 2000/2003 Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/201001/1 Got it - Thx "Linq Adams via AccessMonster.com" <u28780@uwe>...

Find tab in worksheet
I have a workbook with many tabs & many users and would like to create a 'Go to / find' function that finds a particular tab when opening workbook, so that user will enter tab in text box and will then go directly to tab Try any one of these macros.. You can try out the below macro. If you are new to macros.. --Set the Security level to low/medium in (Tools|Macro|Security). --From workbook launch VBE using short-key Alt+F11. --From menu 'Insert' a module and paste the below code. --Get back to Workbook. --Run macro from Tools|Macro|Run <selected mac...

conditional formatting for entire sheet
hi there.. i hope someone will help me soon... the problem is; data enter area is c6:ag138. if somebody will type one of S, SH, SUS, NC datas, the color of entered data must be red. (font) how should i create the formula in conditional formatting area for this application.. thanks for help. Try this In conditional format set condition 1 to "formula is" =IF(OR(A1="S",A1="sh",A1="sus",A1="nuc"),1,0) set the format to red. then use the format painter to apply it to th area required or the whole shee -- Alex Delamai ---------------------...

naming sheets
hi guys! is there a way to rename multiple sheets in a workbook at the same time, keeping them in sequential order? for example instead of sheet 1. sheet 2, etc. i could rename it my data1, my data 2... TIA James Hi you have to use VBA for this which cycles through your sheet names -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany James wrote: > hi guys! > is there a way to rename multiple sheets in a workbook at the same > time, keeping them in sequential order? for example instead of sheet > 1. sheet 2, etc. > i could rename it my data1, my data 2... > > > TIA >...

how do I set up time sheet and items bought expense sheet
setting up work time and expense Look for a template at http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/default.aspx -- HTH Bob Phillips (remove nothere from email address if mailing direct) "gianni" <gianni@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1176F010-99A3-4D3A-8629-98CDBCD931ED@microsoft.com... > setting up work time and expense ...

How to let text tittle of pages align center in a sheet?
Hi: Could you help me? Now,there are pages in a sheet, tittle length of each page is different from other, the tittle of page aligns left,SO it looks ugly i think make them center, how to do? Thanks. ...

Copying many tabs from one file to an individual file for each tab
Using Excel 2003 I have a file with 30 tabs, I would like to keep that file intact and the have a new file for each of the tabs ie 30 new files. Is there an easy way do this other than copy each tab in the normal way> -- CWH Hi Here is a code example to do this http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy6.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "CWH" <CWH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:18E889C3-961F-48AC-A578-0821F60432F9@microsoft.com... > Using Excel 2003 > > I have a file with 30 tabs, I would like to keep that file intact and the >...

Best way of "mirror" several cell areas on one sheet to others?
I have several areas with information I want in the exact same cells in other sheets [in the same workbook]. I first ran a macrorecording, but of cource there is problems with that - - It take a lot of time and power - Difficult to do with worksheet_change or worksheet_deactivate without loop because you need selections in the different sheets and that make events. I have tried Function ='Sheet1'!B34 in cell Sheet2 B34 because it run on a more effective code and not on a vb overlap. In that case you need a =IF('Sheet1'!B34="";"";='Sheet1'!B34) to ha...