Vertical tab control with owner draw enabled

Hi

I have a tab control with owner draw enabled in which I am drawing a icon
and a text. It works perfectly fine when the TCS_VERTICAL option is not
selected. But when I select TCS_VERTICAL option I am not able to see the
text. Could anyone knows a solution for this?

Regards

0
tab1 (4)
4/22/2005 6:18:01 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

how to draw text vertically?
for example, some software like Microsoft Word, when docking a toolbar to left or right, the text on button will be drawn vertically. In article <eShIl7FZGHA.3704@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl>, Bill Gates says... > for example, some software like Microsoft Word, when docking a toolbar to > left or right, the text on button will be drawn vertically. Basically you specify the angle in lfEscapement of the LOGFONT structure. Then call CreateFontIndirect with this structure and you'll get a rotated font of type HFONT. Use SelectObject to select the font and then you can use TextO...

I want to display a graph vertically
Hello, I have a problem with displaying a graph in excel. It seems like the default way of displaying a graph is from left to right, that is, the longer part stretches out to the right. On my graph, dates are on the left (vertically) and an other factor is on the right (horisontally). I want the dates tp be horisontally and the other factor vertically, and the curve/graph should go from top to bottom, like a waterfall if that better explains it. That is, I would like to rotate the graph, but not by saving the graph as a gif-file and rotate it in Visio for instance, but as a real excel-graph, ...

Subform within tabs issue
I've been trying to incorportate a subform within a tab. When I go from design view to form view the subform takes over all the screen space, I cannot see the tabs or the top of the form. Any ideas? ...

Excel tabs
Is it possible to have sub sheet tabs in a sheet tab NO -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com <jrrv1976@yahoo.com.mx> wrote in message news:27bf01c4ad78$e4c31f10$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Is it possible to have sub sheet tabs in a sheet tab No. What would you like to achieve? Perhaps there is a method, like hyperlinks to named ranges or somesuch. Or Data>Filter>Autofilter to show specific areas only. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Fri, 8 Oct 2004 13:53:41 -0700, <jrrv1976@yahoo.com.mx> wrote: >Is it possible to have sub sheet tabs in a sheet tab ...

vertical text
Any one help me with displaying text vertically, without expanding the row height? Dan, Do you have exceptional eyesight? Bernard "Dan" <hemidan@aol.com> wrote in message news:27b301c38367$5ae76490$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Any one help me with displaying text vertically, without > expanding the row height? ...

I would like the tabs in Excel to be listed vertically on left.
There's no option setting that will move the sheet tabs to the left. You can send suggestions to: mswish@microsoft.com Put "Excel" in the subject line, so your suggestion will be forwarded to the Excel product managers. Suzy wrote: -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

How can I disable or replace context menu of ActiveX control?
Hi all. I have a MFC programme. In this programme I use an ActiveX control to editing HTML(Microsoft Web Browser) but I want to disable some functions of this control so I want to disable or replace its context menu by my own context menu. I looked for function to override but I can't find it. Can this task be implemented? If this task can be done, how can I do it? Please help me. ...

Printing just vertical gridlines
Is there any way to print out the data in a worksheet showing vertical gridlines only? Virginia One way is to format the cells and add vertical borders. Then whe printing, uncheck the print gridlines box. -- kkkni ----------------------------------------------------------------------- kkknie's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=754 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26513 Thanks very much. That's just what I needed! Virginia kkknie wrote: > One way is to format the cells and add vertical borders. The...

Context Menu for Static Control
Hello, I would like to create a context menu for static control. Any ideas would be great. Regards "RadiumGel" <ashwinrao.s@in.bosch.com> wrote in message news:dshme7$ei9$1@ns2.fe.internet.bosch.com... > Hello, > I would like to create a context menu for static control. Any ideas would > be > great. > Probably just give it the SS_NOTIFY style and add a WM_CONTEXTMENU handler. -- Jeff Partch [VC++ MVP] ...

control arrays
I'm using VBA with Excel 5 and developing a form. Under VB6 I'd create a control array to allow me to access 10 text boxes using a loop. VBA doesn't appear to allow this. Is there any way to simulate a control array eg by programatically modifying the names of the text boxes? Thanks I never worked on Excel 5, but I do use VBA Collection for loading the different objects. You can load textboxes in a collection and reuse the collection. However, I don't think VBA allows to change the names on runtime. (Please correct me if I am wrong). -- Thanks, Vikas ...

Convert vertical data to horizontal data
I have a listing of 6 performance ratings for each employee. The ratings appear vertically. How do I convert the ratings data to a single row for each employee? Copy - paste special - transpose -- Russell Dawson Excel Student Please hit "Yes" if this post was helpful. "Kiley" wrote: > I have a listing of 6 performance ratings for each employee. The ratings > appear vertically. How do I convert the ratings data to a single row for > each employee? I think I need more information. I tried what you suggested but I got the following me...

enable cc or bcc by default
Is there a way to set up Outlook to cc or bcc myself in every email message by default? You can cc yourself with a Rules Wizard rule. The sample code at http://www.outlookcode.com/d/code/autobcc.htm shows how to add a Bcc recipient using the Application.ItemSend event in Outlook VBA. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Tiffany" <tiffany@vpvp.com> wrote in message news:OJWxNk0yEHA.2600@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Is ther...

Vertical font
Can a line of font be turned from horizontal to vertical. I've been known to use tables and/or columns to create the effect of a vertical font. If you make the column narrow enough and get the margins right if will move all the text into a vertical line. It is far from foolproof though, some letters, i.e. l, are narrower than others and so frustrate this work around. I am sure someone will be along soon with a much cleverer answer. Good luck. "Jonka" wrote: > Can a line of font be turned from horizontal to vertical. The only way I know is nothing autom...

Default tab
Hi, I have created 5 custom tabs. I now wonder how to make one of these default? /Thanks, Lotten Hello, As far I know you don't have a specific place where you can set a tab as a default one. The first Tab will be the Tab to be shown by default. What you can do is to select the Tab of your choice and move it to the left till it is the first tab. To move a tab use the navigation under common tasks when you are customizing. "Lotten Holm" wrote: > Hi, > > I have created 5 custom tabs. I now wonder how to make one of these default? > > /Thanks, > Lott...

Changing Tabs to Specific Cells
Is there a way to change the tab names (20 of them) to the cells in say A1:A20? When the names are changed in the cells, I need the tabs names to reflect what the cells reflect. Darren- Place this code in the appropriate sheet module: Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Dim rng As Range Set rng = Me.[A1:A20] If Target.Row > ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets.Count Then Exit Sub On Error GoTo ErrHandler Sheets(Target.Row).Name = Target.Value Exit Sub ErrHandler: MsgBox "Invalid sheet name. Try again." Target.Select End Sub --- HTH Jason Atlanta, GA "Dar...

VBA Control Excel Checkbox
I am writing an application by VBA with Access. In the program, I need to get info from Access DB and put into an Excel file. For normal cells, it's ok to put text in it. But there are some check boxs on the Excel sheet, how do i control checkbox value inside VBA code? Thanks! Tommy ...

Vertical Text
Is there a way to have a label have vertical text (as if the box had been turned 90 deg) Thanks Terry Select the Label, then goto Properties - Other and set Vertical to Yes. But beware! This can be kind f tricky, depending on the font and font size you're using, and the width of the label. -- There's ALWAYS more than one way to skin a cat! Answers/posts based on Access 2000/2003 Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/201001/1 Got it - Thx "Linq Adams via AccessMonster.com" <u28780@uwe>...

Displaying bitmap in various dimensions in picture control with scrollbar
I have a picture control in which i am displaying the bitmap but when i resize it to size less than bitmaps size it goes outside the picture control I want it to be in picture control and i want to scroll its hidden area. when it is resized to size more than bitmap size scroll bars should get disappeared. Even i want to display the bitmap in various dimensions . e.g my original bitmap is of dimensions 320 X 240 and i want to display it in 800 X 600 I have used stretchblt for it but it is causing image to be flooded on the dialog and other coontrol. I want it to remain in scrollable area. Yo...

Find tab in worksheet
I have a workbook with many tabs & many users and would like to create a 'Go to / find' function that finds a particular tab when opening workbook, so that user will enter tab in text box and will then go directly to tab Try any one of these macros.. You can try out the below macro. If you are new to macros.. --Set the Security level to low/medium in (Tools|Macro|Security). --From workbook launch VBE using short-key Alt+F11. --From menu 'Insert' a module and paste the below code. --Get back to Workbook. --Run macro from Tools|Macro|Run <selected mac...

Control Charts #4
I have not created a control chart before, so please excuse my ignorance. A few questions: 1. If a quality control chart is a part of a report (in MS Word), should it be imported or copied into a MS word document (there is text also in this report) or can you type the text in excel so that you don't have to import or copy the control chart in MS Word 2. How is it best to start a control chart? 3. How do you add text inside the chart? How do you change the line appearance 4. Are line formats best to use for a control chart? Again, excuse my ignorance, I appreciate any info...

flow chart control
Hi I am looking for a flow chart control / activex component that would allow a user of my program to create and manipulate a flow chart. The only one I have been able to find on the net (http://www.ucancode.net/) costs $744 - I am looking for something a lot cheaper (or preferable free :) cheers Peter Dundas has a graphical toolkit that I once evaluated for a purpose similar to this. But before I could start coding, the project manager at my client site took a position with another company and that was the end of that. This was about four years ago. But I'd suggest looking at it www...

Copying many tabs from one file to an individual file for each tab
Using Excel 2003 I have a file with 30 tabs, I would like to keep that file intact and the have a new file for each of the tabs ie 30 new files. Is there an easy way do this other than copy each tab in the normal way> -- CWH Hi Here is a code example to do this http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy6.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "CWH" <CWH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:18E889C3-961F-48AC-A578-0821F60432F9@microsoft.com... > Using Excel 2003 > > I have a file with 30 tabs, I would like to keep that file intact and the >...

Re: Create ItemCheck event with Listview from Common Controls 5.0
The ItemClick event does not fire, but I didn't check the MouseUp event and that works fine with HitTest, SendMessage and LVM_GETITEMSTATE. Thank you, Chris ...

How do I make a vertical report export into a vertical report?
I have a report that exported from our accounting software, unfortunately the report exported in a vertical format, so the headings are in Column A and the data is in Column B. I need to move the headings horizontally (A1, B1, etc) and then have the data in Column B, associated with the headings in Column A, move to the correct column. For example: The report currently looks this way. Customer Number XXX Customer Name: XXXXX XXXXX Address: XXX XXXXXXX City: XXXXXXX State: XX Zip Code: XXXXX I need it to look like this Customer Number Customer Name Address...

Color to controls
How do I put color to controls? I have tried this but it does not work. Or, only a small part works. The edit control gets the requested color (yellow) but when I write something in it, the text background gets a quite different color (green). The button controls do not change color. What am I doing wrong? Any help will be apreciated Anders HBRUSH CMyCalculatorDlg::OnCtlColor(CDC* pDC, CWnd* pWnd, UINT nCtlColor) { if( nCtlColor == CTLCOLOR_EDIT ) { // 1 pDC->SetBkColor( 0xffffcc ); return (HBRUSH)(m_pEditBkBrush->GetSafeHandle()); } if( nCtlColor == CT...