version resource table

I've inserted a version resource table in my mfc gui app. Now I'd like to
retrieve the version info when the user click-opens the About dialog box,
put the version number as a caption of the dialog box. How do you retrieve
the version number from the app at the run-time?

0
pesso (6)
3/28/2005 4:52:54 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Pesso wrote:
> I've inserted a version resource table in my mfc gui app. Now I'd like to
> retrieve the version info when the user click-opens the About dialog box,
> put the version number as a caption of the dialog box. How do you retrieve
> the version number from the app at the run-time?

You have to use GetFileVersionInfo and GetFileVersionInfoSize etc. functions.
I have a simple class that wraps version info. If you�re interested i can email
it to you.
Pesso wrote:
> I've inserted a version resource table in my mfc gui app. Now I'd like to
> retrieve the version info when the user click-opens the About dialog box,
> put the version number as a caption of the dialog box. How do you retrieve
> the version number from the app at the run-time?

Check the usual spots (CodeProject.com and CodeGuru.com). Both have canned
dialog boxes for getting the info and are easily modifiable for your use.

--
Jonathan Arnold
inSORS

US version of money 04, to aussie vers. ,Will it convert?
I've just upgraded from M2000 to M04 ,with great difficulty ,I kept getting incompatible vers error ,I transferred what I could via QIF files ,finally got it to work losing reports and other stuff. It turns out I really did have a US version I thought was an Aussie(Australian) version, I Bought it at a swap meet.(buyer beware). My Question is will I be able to convert back it to an Aussie version in a few years,or will I run into the same problem again? Jan S Unless things radically change in how international versions of Money are designed, the drill will be exactly the same. &quo...

how to set up public folder with a 'table of contents'??
Hello, I have been told that it's possible to set up an Exchange 2003 / Outlook 2003 public folder containing various Word documents such that the PF opens to a 'table of contents,' from which the Outlook user can pick which file to open and then have that file open to be read (or saved, whatever). I know that a PF can open to a 'home page' as the default view, is this the only way I can do it, are there any other ways?? The files linked from the TOC should not be editable, as they will be policy files for people to read. Another planned usage is for people to get variou...

Downloading Trial Version
I have downloaded and ran the installation software that appears on my Desktop several times and Publisher never shows up in any of the program files or on my Desktop or Start Menu, etc. I have also searched the computer for it. It is important that I have Publisher asap in order to finish a project for a college class... Any suggestions greatly appreciated! ...

Setup cannot remove the older version of Microsoft Office Pro 2010
With Windows 7 Ult (X64), I have MS Office Ult 2007 (X86) installed. I am trying to install MS Office Pro 2010 (X86). I selected an 'upgrade' install and it failed with the subject line message. I then tried to uninstall Office 2007 from control panel; same result. Log shows: Description Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010 setup did not complete successfully. We are sorry for the inconvenience. Problem signature Problem Event Name: Office12Setup Problem Signature 01: {91140000-0011-0000-0000-0000000FF1CE} Problem Signature 02: 14.0.4763.1000 Problem Signature...

SP1A on version 8.0
I just installed sp1a on version 8.0 The problem is the users that do not have admin rights get a message you do not have rights to run this application. They are set up as power users and all was well before the service pack upgrade. Would like to keep these user out of the admin group ...

Pivot Table path to Access
The pivot table wizard "Get Data" is not allowing me to change the source path to an Access Database. I want to move the Access source file from one folder to another, however when trying to point the pivot table to the new path I get an error of "This query cannot be edited by the query wizard". Suggestions? Proceeding beyond the warning message, is there access to the actual SQL? From what I remember, the answer is yes -- but I can't test it right now. From the SQL fix the path specification; it is quite self- evident. Once done, the GUI will become usable...

I have a pre-loaded version of Money2002 but....
.....I would like to know if I can successfully install it on my (soon to be purchsed) new notebook. I have the Cert. of Authenticity. Any ideas? -- Darren Your original computer should have come with a set of install disks for all the preloaded programs. If you still have these disks, you should be able to install Money on your new notebook. Also, you might see if Microsoft Works comes with your new laptop. Most times, the latest version of Money is included as well and you won't need to install the older version unless you like it better. "Darren Vaughan" <Darre...

Table validation on junction table or form-level?
Hi, I have a junction table creating a many-to-many relationship between Clients and Campaigns. I want Clients to be able to belong to several different Campaigns and I want each Campaign to have any or all Clients. But, I only want the user to be able to add a ClientID to a CampaignID once. I have another table, called tblCampaignDetails, which tracks status and notes for each ClientID's participation in a CampaignID. This table has a one-to-one relationship with the Clients_Campaigns junction table mentioned above. Finally, I have a form that allows the user to add a client...

Sync two tables

updating data in a pivot tables
I write new data to a sheet in a spreadsheet from Access that varies i size that is the source for a pivot table in the same spreadsheet. Whe I go to refresh the data in the pivot table I have this problem, sometimes all the new data won't show up or I'll get an error about an overlapping pivot table. Any ideas for a fix -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com I'd use a dynamic range name. Debra Dalgleish has some instructions for this at: http://www.contextures.com/xlNames01.html#Dynamic And Chip Pearson's notes: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/named.htm "...

Can you create a table of contents from the worksheet tabs in a w.
I use Excel files that have up multiple worksheets. Is there an easy way to create a summary worksheet at the beginning of the workbook that is a linked table of contents based on the worksheet tab names? Much like how PowerPoint allows you to see an Outline view of the slides. In a perfect scenario, if I renamed a worksheet tab, that information would be reflected in the table of contents. Hi see: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/buildtoc.htm "sumatradc" wrote: > I use Excel files that have up multiple worksheets. Is there an easy way to > create a summary wor...

Table Link
When i link the excel file in Tables objects using Link Table wizard, in one of the step the wizard ask 'Choose the delimiter that separates your fields' here when i tick Comma to separate the fields, the problem iam facing here is even my data/content other than heading also got separated as the data contains comma. I have 25 excel workbook to be linked, so its not easy to copy each excel file manually into new designed table example question: customerName,Amount bonney,A,12000 Answer: CustomerName Amount bonney,A 12000 My file is not a exce...

Create Table of Contents based on Heading style
Is it possible to create a table of contents to pull from many worksheets based on the heading style used in a cell? The name range/hyperlink functionality is too time consuming for the amount of data being used. ...

Which version is the current version
PLease confirm which is the current latest fully released version of CRM is it 4.0 or still 3.0 ? Dave CRM 4.0 is the latest version although different companies are still working with CRM 3.0. ------ Aamir Blog = http://mscrmsupport.wordpress.com/ ...

Windows Live version 12
I can't get used to the latest version of Live Mail (v14?) but liked the previous one (12). Is there any possible it can still be obtained? Thank you -- Jennifer I don't like version 14 either. If you find where to get version 12 please post back here. thank you. "Jennifer" <jennifer@discussions.microsoft> wrote in message news:B2BA351D-A163-4DE1-9C56-36F6539521C5@microsoft.com... > I can't get used to the latest version of Live Mail (v14?) but liked the > previous one (12). Is there any possible it can still be obtained? Thank > you >...

Pivot Table Layout
I'm a little rusty on Pivot Tables. This is primarily a formatting issue. I have four criteria which from left to right are: Gender, Smoker, OccClass, and Period. Given the four entries, the pivot table is to return the premium for an insurance policy. I am getting the right answer. What I want to do is have the "Grand Total" column be the only column to show the premium. Right now it shows a total for each of the four criteria. Double-Click the field and click ‘none’ in the columns you DON’T want to see a subtotal for. -- Ryan--- If this informati...

Weird problem with resources between Main Application and DLL
I have a main MDI application and a DLL used by this MDI application (MFC extension DLL). The problem is, that, when the resource ID associated to an icon, or a BMP or anything in the DLL matches an ID in the MainAPP, the resource showed by the application is the resource in the Main APP!!! The problem is that the MainAPP and the DLL are being developed separately, so the people that works in one CAN NOT know the resource ID's being used by the other part. So, there's a way to assure that when I read a resource from the DLL, I won't get the resource with the same ID from the Main...

Adding Forms from earlier versions
I ues OL 2002. I just downloaded RealEstate Forms that was used in OL 97/98. Can it be used in OL 2002? How can it be installed? IIRC, the add-in forms were a .pst file. Run the .exe and see what happens. I still run the Diary application and I used to run the While You Were Out form from 97/98. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Rick asked: | I ues OL 2002. I just download...

Adding a calculated ROW to a pivot table
Does anybody know how to add a calculated ROW to a pivot table? I have a pivot table that is returning totals at the bottom, as it should, but I *also* need it to return that total as a percentage of grand total, directly beneath the total. I've always done this free-form in the cells below a pivot table before, but the size of this pivot is dynamic so that's not an option. Also--I'm using the pivot in Access, not Excel directly. Anybody have any tips? Thanks! ...

Exchange Resources #2
I am trying to reverse engineer the setup of the exchange resources at a site I am working at. Basically I haven't done this in a while but I need to setup conference rooms and projectors so that the resource will auto accept the meeting if the time slot isn't booked, then provide permissions to appropriate people that can open the calendar and override the settings if need be? How do I do this? Thanks, What version of Exchange? The solution differs depending on the version. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne Read my blog! http://winzenz.blogspot.com "The Punish...

Project Server 2007
Experts, I am using the Import Project Enterprise wizard to import some projects to the Server from my hard drive. I do not want to map any resources to Enterprise. I want to keep them as local resources. When I do that, the Resources gets imported to the Enterprise Pool anyways. I have Admin rights and cannot figure out which permission to turn off so this does not happen. thanks Hadi Hadi -- There is no permission you can change to stop this problem from occurring. What is happening is when you see the Confirm Resources page in the Import Project Wizard, the default...

Fail to load debug version of a DLL
Hi. I want to get some log messages from a DLL, so after the installation of the product I replace the release version of that DLL with its debug version. It's used during Widows authentication and first time it must be loaded by 'winlogon.exe'. After restarting machine an error occures presumably at the step of Windows authentication, stating, that the abovementioned DLL failed to load. I've checked the 2 versions of it (debug and release) with DependencyWalker, they both are dependent on the the same modules... So, the question is somewhat abstract: what are the main reasons...

2003 version to 2000 version
I created a file using publisher 2003 on my laptop, emailed it to work, where I have publisher 2000, and now I can't open it. Is there any way to open this on my machine at work? The only way you can open it is by save the file as a Publisher 2000 file format. You will have to go to a machine that has Publisher 2003 on it and go to File > Save As and change the file save as type to Publisher 2000. Note that there may be some formatting loss going to a legacy version. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com This posting is provided "AS IS&quo...

using an xml as a embedded resource
I don't want to include some xml files needed by my code, can I somehow use them as an embedded resource so that the content of the xml won't be accessible to people that will use my program. Thanks. "jernej goricki" <ph-enom@obmocje51.net> wrote in message news:uuCuLZDqDHA.360@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > I don't want to include some xml files needed by my code, can I somehow use > them as an embedded resource so that the content of the xml won't be Hi jernej, Here's one way: 1. add the XML file to your solution, set the build action property for t...

Regsvr32 failed for debug version of Dll, why?
Hi There, I am working on a MFC application with sone Dlls. Development environment: Visual Studio 6.0 / Sp6 on Windows XP/Sp2. I login the system as an administrator. When I was registering debug version of my dll using regsvr32, it failed. Result of debugging points to: BOOL COleLinkingDoc::RegisterIfServerAttached(LPCTSTR lpszPathName, BOOL bMessage) The lpszPathName is my dll file name, which is empty; although I am sure the path name has been sent to the regsvr32. I tried to register the same dll file programmatically: // Start of the code ///////// #ifdef _WIN32 // this call ...