Version change for an Active Document server

Hi,

I have an application which can act as an Active Document Server - i.e. you
can copy an object from the application and paste it into PowerPoint.  The
object apperas as a rectangle with some text - and if you double click on it
in the PowerPoint slide, (and if you have my application installed), a form
opens up that provides more information about the object & even edit it.
This is a SDI application where the document is derived from COleDocument &
I have a ServerItem derived object as well.  I override the Serialize
method, which allows the PowerPoint document to store all the information
about my object, even though very little of that is displayed in the slide.
I don't do any registering of this object explicity in the registry - MFC
does that for me.  (I don't support any sort of in-place activation, only
embedding)

Now, I need to release a newer version where this embedded object will have
additional information.  What changes do I need to make in the application
so that MFC will make registry entries for a newer version of the embedded
object.   The idea is if someone has a PowerPoint document that has the
newver version of the object embedded, then the registry should check for
the newer version & not pass the object to the older version  (the serialize
code crashes with the new data). However, if the ebedded object is the older
version, and the computer has the newer version then the newer version of my
software can & should open it.

Can someone point me in the right direction - examples etc..  The only
resultsI have found from my searches have been examples where there have
been ODL file etc.., but my application has none of it. My WinApp derived
class includes a COleTeplateServer object & I use ConnectTemplate &
AfxOleRegisterServerClass to create the registry entries.

I have also posted this in the mfcole group.

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Hi,

I have already posted a new response in the vc.mfcole group, if you have
any more concerns on it, please feel free to follow there.

Thanks for your understanding!

Best regards,

Gary Chang
Microsoft Community Support
--------------------
Get Secure! ��C www.microsoft.com/security
Register to Access MSDN Managed Newsgroups!
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=/servicedesks/msdn/nospam.asp
&SD=msdn

v-garych (605)

Downloading Trial Version
I have downloaded and ran the installation software that appears on my Desktop several times and Publisher never shows up in any of the program files or on my Desktop or Start Menu, etc. I have also searched the computer for it. It is important that I have Publisher asap in order to finish a project for a college class... Any suggestions greatly appreciated! ...

Setup cannot remove the older version of Microsoft Office Pro 2010
With Windows 7 Ult (X64), I have MS Office Ult 2007 (X86) installed. I am trying to install MS Office Pro 2010 (X86). I selected an 'upgrade' install and it failed with the subject line message. I then tried to uninstall Office 2007 from control panel; same result. Log shows: Description Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010 setup did not complete successfully. We are sorry for the inconvenience. Problem signature Problem Event Name: Office12Setup Problem Signature 01: {91140000-0011-0000-0000-0000000FF1CE} Problem Signature 02: 14.0.4763.1000 Problem Signature...

change a null value to zero
when my query runs I end up with fields that have a null value (they are blank). my function will not work because it needs a zero quantity to add it to another feild. Is there some sort of expression that can change that for me? In a query, for a "field", YourNewField: Nz([YourFieldName],0) will convert a Null in [YourFieldName] to 0 Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Office/Access MVP "tommyguitfiddle" <tommyguitfiddle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:89C42DEE-E32D-41DC-A3C3-11808408CCCD@microsoft.com... > when my query runs I end up with ...

Changing default lists
If I type an asterisk (*) or a number + a period (1.) and then a space, Word starts an unordered/ordered list. I have defined some lists with formats that I prefer to the default lists that Word chooses. Is there a way that I can get Word to use my lists when I type "* " or "1. "? No, the automatic application of numbering isn't that "intelligent." What you can do is create your own lists linked to styles. For single-level numbering, the easiest approach is to modify the built-in List Bullet and List Number styles, respectively. -- Stefan B...

SP1A on version 8.0
I just installed sp1a on version 8.0 The problem is the users that do not have admin rights get a message you do not have rights to run this application. They are set up as power users and all was well before the service pack upgrade. Would like to keep these user out of the admin group ...

Changing CAPS to normal and vice-versa
Hi Please help me changing a cell's format from CAPS to normal and normal to CAPS using keyboard combinations. thanks -- Reg Deepak Hi there's no such command. Excel does not support this kind of formating (like Word does) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Deepak wrote: > Hi > > Please help me changing a cell's format from CAPS to normal and > normal to CAPS using keyboard combinations. > > thanks Depends on what "normal" is to you. If you mean lower case, here's one way: Attach this to any keyboard shortcut: Public Sub Tog...

Validating an xml document against xsd schema
Hello Everyone, I'm sure this question has been asked a million times, but I'm going crazy trying to get my xml validation to work. I've spent the day reading msdn, the dot net documentation and samples found on the web, and I'm still having no luck. Basically, the file always loads without error, even though it shouldn't be valid. Here are my various files, any help is greatly appreciated. There are some comments inline. thanks so much Schema-------------------------------------------------- <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> <xs:sc...

US version of money 04, to aussie vers. ,Will it convert?
I've just upgraded from M2000 to M04 ,with great difficulty ,I kept getting incompatible vers error ,I transferred what I could via QIF files ,finally got it to work losing reports and other stuff. It turns out I really did have a US version I thought was an Aussie(Australian) version, I Bought it at a swap meet.(buyer beware). My Question is will I be able to convert back it to an Aussie version in a few years,or will I run into the same problem again? Jan S Unless things radically change in how international versions of Money are designed, the drill will be exactly the same. &quo...

Activation issues
When Win 7 first came out I upgraded from Vista Home Premium 32-bit to Win 7 Home Premium 64-bit. Upgrade process went fine, and I registered and activated the OS. Couple of weeks later I added RAM (to take advantage of 64-bit) and Windows subsequently decided it was "counterfeit". The only solution that was apparent to me --since finding the answer inside Microsoft.com is apparently an impossibility-- was to completely reinstall Win 7. This too went fine and once again I activated the damn thing. Now, again Windows thinks it is counterfeit. This time, I don'...

Changing the text of a group in a Report style CListCtrl in Group-View
Hi, I have a CListCtrl derived object with Report-View using XP group view. All is worknig well, except that I can't change the text of an existing group. Here is my code snippet : LVGROUP lvGroup; ZeroMemory ( &lvGroup, sizeof (LVGROUP ) ); lvGroup.cbSize = sizeof ( LVGROUP ); lvGroup.mask = LVGF_GROUPID | LVGF_HEADER; lvGroup.iGroupId = nGroupID; // The group-id to change ... lvGroup.pszHeader = L"My Text"; lvGroup.cchHeader = wcslen ( lvGroup.pszHeader ); int nRes = SetGroupInfo ( nGroupID, &lvGroup ); .... Note that 'SetGroupInfo' always returns the Group...

how do i change the currency on my worksheet
Hi Format>Cells>Currency chose the drop down for Locale Regards Roger Govier help wrote: ...

Why did auto calculate suddenly change to manual calcu...
Excel 2007 - Yesterday I had 2 users call with the same spreadsheet problem. After creating a formula, they copied it down with the right click copy and paste commands. Excel put the same number that was in the original cell in the cells that were pasted to. The formula for each cell was correct when we checked them but the results were not. i.e. The formulas updated correctly. They remained the same as the original. When we changed the data cells that the formulas referred to, nothing happened. The formula was for a basic subtraction between 2 cells. I went to Excel Options, For...

Change the Number of Login Attempts Before Lockout
Is there a way to change the number of login attempt failures before a users account is locked out? I figured it would be a SQL side setting but I didn't see it there and I thought unchecking the Enforce Password Policy in GP would do it but that just seems to clear the corresponding SQL field. This need to be modified in server Group Policy Objects. Regards, -- Mohammad R. Daoud MVP, MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS Mob: +962 - 79 -999 65 85 Great Package For Business Solutions daoudm@greatpbs.com http://www.greatpbs.com http://mohdaoud.blogspot.com/ "tuned"...

I have a pre-loaded version of Money2002 but....
.....I would like to know if I can successfully install it on my (soon to be purchsed) new notebook. I have the Cert. of Authenticity. Any ideas? -- Darren Your original computer should have come with a set of install disks for all the preloaded programs. If you still have these disks, you should be able to install Money on your new notebook. Also, you might see if Microsoft Works comes with your new laptop. Most times, the latest version of Money is included as well and you won't need to install the older version unless you like it better. "Darren Vaughan" <Darre...

view changes as I make them without print preview
Please can someone explain how I can view the changes I make to a publication "live" without having to keep going to print preview. I can see changes to text but nothing else i.e colour of background, textures and shape colour and lines. I am using windows XP home edition crazyk.2007 wrote: > Please can someone explain how I can view the changes I make to a publication > "live" without having to keep going to print preview. I can see changes to > text but nothing else i.e colour of background, textures and shape colour and > lines. Read http://ed.mvps.or...

Named sheet to change Cells names
Situation is really tricky for me, (D;E) 4 in one peace, and i need it to be named as my sheet but not fully, Sheet name is T 060_esik (and "esik" part needs transport into cell D;E4) is it possible? I guess i explained correctly! Thnx Let's assume that your sheetname hastwo parts separated by an underscore. The following UDF will return the part following that underscore: Function sname(r As Range) Application.Volatile sname = Split(r.Parent.Name, "_")(1) End Function So if the sheetname is qwerty_asdf =sname(A1) will display: asdf -- Gary''s Student ...

Undoing User Change
Hi I'd like to have a Change event macro that will prevent a user from changing cells O12 and in my worksheet. My rationale is that, when a user changes either or these cells, the macro will undo their change, and then display a message box telling them that they can't change the cell. The current code is as below -------------------- Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range If Target.Address = "$O$12" Or Target.Address = "$H$5" The Application.Und MsgBox "Sorry, You are not allowed change this cell!", vbOKOnly, "Permi...

Which version is the current version
PLease confirm which is the current latest fully released version of CRM is it 4.0 or still 3.0 ? Dave CRM 4.0 is the latest version although different companies are still working with CRM 3.0. ------ Aamir Blog = http://mscrmsupport.wordpress.com/ ...

Windows Live version 12
I can't get used to the latest version of Live Mail (v14?) but liked the previous one (12). Is there any possible it can still be obtained? Thank you -- Jennifer I don't like version 14 either. If you find where to get version 12 please post back here. thank you. "Jennifer" <jennifer@discussions.microsoft> wrote in message news:B2BA351D-A163-4DE1-9C56-36F6539521C5@microsoft.com... > I can't get used to the latest version of Live Mail (v14?) but liked the > previous one (12). Is there any possible it can still be obtained? Thank > you >...

Clipart does not show in Publisher documents
I have an end-user that is not able to see some of her clipart within Publisher documents. When connected to her machine via RA or RDC I can see the graphics with no problem at all...sounds familiar? I have ran a repair of Office XP and when she saved 1 of them in 98 format and then converted it back it worked for a few days but not working again. Upgrade the video driver in your user's computer. Try this to see if this is indeed the problem. Slide the acceleration down on the adapter, control panel, display folder, settings tab, advanced button, troubleshoot tab. If this solves the is...

Adding Forms from earlier versions
I ues OL 2002. I just downloaded RealEstate Forms that was used in OL 97/98. Can it be used in OL 2002? How can it be installed? IIRC, the add-in forms were a .pst file. Run the .exe and see what happens. I still run the Diary application and I used to run the While You Were Out form from 97/98. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Rick asked: | I ues OL 2002. I just download...

keep specific cells from being changed.
I keep following the instructions to lock only specific cells but the entire worksheet is locked. Here's exactly what I'm doing: 1. I unlock the entire sheet. 2. select subset cells. 3. format>cells>protection>click locked 4. Tools>protection> protect sheet, but it's forceing me to click both unlocked and locked cells in the next dialog box. what am I doing wrong? "=?Utf-8?B?YnJvbnNvbmJpdHM=?=" <bronsonbits@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:8B98082B-C5EA-47DB-8C03-5F5312C968E4@microsoft.com: > I keep following the instructions to lock...

Conditional formatting won't accept font change?
Was reading a bit on Conditional Formatting as I using quite a bit of it in a series of spreadsheets I'm doing. I read in this NG that you can't change fonts with CF and I checked to see is this was true. It's true in XL2000. But what I can't figure out is why is there a list of fonts in the CF dialog box that's always, as near as I can tell, grayed out. Anyone know what's going on here? Thanks for the help! I assume it was more efficient for the programmers to use the existing Font format dialog tab, than to create one specifically for conditional formatting. Also...

Making legend (or textbox) move as data changes
Hi I'm trying to make an XY scatter chart which my users will be able to change, just by changing the data in the data ranges. The chart contains several curves each having its own legend/text box, placed at the right end point of the curve. When the data changes, I need the legend/textbox to move along with the end point of the curve (colors and different line styles are not an option). I have tried to group the curve with the legend/textbox but it doesn't seem to work. Any ideas? mr Hi, Maybe these examples will help. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/LabelLastPoint.html h...

windows 2000 server secedit.sdb(?) problem
We have a windows 2000 server that is the PDC of our domain. Last week we started having these errors in the event viewer. Event Source: ESENT Event ID: 427 Description: services (256) The database engine could not access the file called C:\WINNT\Security\edb.log. Event Source: SceCli Event ID: 1202 Description: Security policies are propagated with warning. 0x5 : Access is denied. For best results in resolving this event, log on with a non-administrative account and search http://support.microsoft.com for "Troubleshooting Event 1202s". I ran the instructions...