Verifying Update

I have a dbase file (ODBC) with 1 record which I use for counters.  I have
noticed that there is a delay in the update actually going through after the
Update command has been issued from a fraction of a second to 2 or 3
seconds.

How can I verify that the update has actually gone through?
If I could do this I could make the program wait before continuing.

Or how can I speed up the update?

Thanks.

0
binstar (33)
2/3/2004 1:27:54 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Hi,

If your purspose is only to keep a counter, then its always better to use
registry.

cheers
Jagadeesh

"Charles C." <binstar@aei.ca> wrote in message
> I have a dbase file (ODBC) with 1 record which I use for counters.  I have
> noticed that there is a delay in the update actually going through after
the
> Update command has been issued from a fraction of a second to 2 or 3
> seconds.
>
> How can I verify that the update has actually gone through?
> If I could do this I could make the program wait before continuing.
>
> Or how can I speed up the update?
>
> Thanks.

0
jagadeeshvn (256)

CRM 3 Update Rollup 3
Does anyone know if or why MS pulled update rollup 3? Scott www.easiintl.com On Apr 15, 2:22=A0pm, "Scott Moore: JourneyTEAM - EASI" <scottymo...@gmail.com> wrote: > Does anyone know if or why MS pulledupdaterollup3? > > Scottwww.easiintl.com I opened a support incident on this and MS stated that they have pulled Update Rollup 3 due to issues they are having with it and that they are currently working on resolving them and will get the download site back up as soon as it is ready. We were having issues getting the v3 update rollup 3 client installed; not sure if th...

Verify Password
Just download Money 2006 Delux trial version and would like to setup my account and connect to my bank (Hang Seng Bank) which is listed on the directory.. however, it keep saying my "verified password" is not correct and don't proceed to connect..what's wrong? I am 100% sure the password and verify passward are the same (no caps lock).. Please help. In microsoft.public.money, Casper wrote: >Just download Money 2006 Delux trial version and would like to setup my >account and connect to my bank (Hang Seng Bank) which is listed on the >directory.. > >ho...

How do I update calenders on Office 2003 to 2010 in Excel
I want to schedule monthly activities, but my calender in Excel templates only goes to 2004 Lots of Calendars at the Template Gallery. http://officeupdate.microsoft.com/templategallery/default.asp Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 27 May 2010 13:56:58 -0700, z1uncle <z1uncle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I want to schedule monthly activities, but my calender in Excel templates >only goes to 2004 ...

Cannot verify email
I'm trying to retrieve a "reset password" link for another forum. However, the address the reset link was sent to is for some reason demanding I verify my username and password, which means that until I do I cannot recieve the reset link. However I do not know the username or password, and all my guesses were rejected. To test I tried to make a new account where I knew both username and password, but it rejected those as well even though they were correct. Whatever I put in, the window automatically pops back up. Now for some reason I can't even test the new acc...

Updating Contact book
Is there a way to send a form to each contact in my address book to update (their physical address, phone numbers, alternate email addresses, birthdays, etc) and when returning to me, automatically tranfer the information (updating) the contact's information without manually entering all the updated information? I appreciate your help. I'm really new to this. (I still can't get my contacts from my yahoo account transferred over to my 2007 outlook!!) Google is your friend. Plaxo comes to mind but I have only used it once and almost ran screaming from the room when I saw wha...

How do I create an auto updating excel chart?
I have moved over to excel 2007 and cannot work out how to create a chart that updates automatically. Can anyone help ? Option A: Use an Excel 2007 Table (like an Excel 2003 List on steroids) as the data source. Option B: Use dynamic ranges as the source data: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/DynamicColumnChart1.html http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Dynamics.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "dave01" <dave01@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messag...

Verify Sent Mail
Does anyone know how to verify sent mail when sending mail from CRM (the web version)? Thanks, Donnie Sweat Go to the Activities left tab on the contact and then click on History tab. This will show you the past emails, phone calls, etc. for the contact. Alternatively, if you sent a mass email, you can do an Advanced Find (Tools > Advanced Find) and search on Activities where the type equals email, the owner equals current user, and the created date equals today. This will show you all the CRM emails you sent today. HTH -- Matt Wittemann http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "Mic...

Text Box & Date Updating
I'm creating a mail merge postcard and would like to put an expiration date in a text box. I see how I can insert a data field with the current date, but how can I make the date show 90 days out? See fellow MVP, Macropod's Date Calc 'tutorial', at: http://www.wopr.com/cgi-bin/w3t/showthreaded.pl?Number=249902 -- Hope this helps, Doug Robbins - Word MVP Please reply only to the newsgroups unless you wish to obtain my services on a paid professional basis. "osbornauto" <osbornauto@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:492F...

How to update a document
I have a large document in which I'd like to have the user enter some values for several static names, press a button to have Word automatically update all references to those static names throughout the document. The table looks like this and there are more name/value pairs. The user will update the value for each name as required. Name Value Current release 1.5.4.7 Upgrade release 1.5.5.1 UI Server name Sterling DB server name Sterling Further down in the document are references to these Names such as the following. For us the Names are Bold ...

2005 updating Credit card limit
Using the Std. Ver of 2005: MSMoney helps tells me I can go into the account and where to alter the amount of credit but it is wrong. The help said there is a button I can use to update the credit limit of the account but....it isn't there. The only time there was a chance to enter that was when the account was setup. I'm using the advanced mode. Any thoughts appreciated. Jim In microsoft.public.money, Jim-G wrote: >Using the Std. Ver of 2005: MSMoney helps tells me I can go into the >account and where to alter the amount of credit but it is wrong. The help ...

Cross-Verifying Data in EXCEL
Hi there, I'm just looking to use excel to cross-verify data. What I have is to worksheets, both with a large number of data i columns such as as "Name" and "Manager". I wanted to verify that bot spreadsheets have the same information. For rows that do not match, I would like something to occur in exce that would pinpoint this to me. Whether it tell me the list in a ne worksheet or highlight the rows, anything. Does anyone have any suggestions about how I can go about doing this? Thanks very much for your help -- Pre --------------------------------------------...

Updating Custom Toolbar/Menu
I provide monthly reports that are very long and full of data. I hav created a custom menu/toolbar with macros associated with the variou buttons that take the user to specific points in the file. The proble is, I have found that when I update the toolbar (or the macro associated with the buttons) and send the updates out, the other user still see the old toolbar instead of the new one. We have tried havin the other users delete the custom toolbar from the previous version o the report before opening the new version, but it doesn't work. Wha do I need to do to ensure that the people vi...

Update Query with Parameter
I have an Update Query that asks for 3 fields with parameters. The first parameter [ID] is the criteria in the query to identify which record we are updating. The second and third parameters (city and state) are sending the new information to the table. However, sometimes I only have a city that needs to be updated where the state needs to stay the same as what is already in the table. If I don't fill in the 3rd parameter, the state is deleted from the table. How do I get around this without having to type the state in when the parameter prompts me? Thanks in advance....

Updates KB981433 and KB981715 Fail
I am running Windows 7 and find the two recent updates at the subject will not load. I have tried loading the updates both in 'normal' and 'safe' mode and have run the MS Update 'Fix It' (re registers the various dlls required) all without success. Has anyone else had the same problem and has a solution? Incidentally, when loading the updates they fail with a message to the effect the updates are not working, no error code. I have looked at the Windows error code log but there is no code there either. Tip: Insert your Office 2007 CD into the appro...

Microsoft Windows XP Professional Media Centre update issue.
Dear Sir, I have created two accounts on my own desktop PC (not networked) one with administrator rights and the other one with limited rights. I wish to download windows auto updates with my account with limited rights. Is it possible and if so, how to proceed with? Thanking you and expecting your replies, Yours sincerely, R. GANESAN. No you can't use Microsoft's update programs (Windows Update OR Microsoft Update) unless you have administrator rights. You could set your system to automatically download updates for you (but need to be an administrator to do t...

Verifone 1000SE Pinpad
When using the Verifone 1000se Pinpad, RMS forces the customer to verify the amount first, and then asking the customer to press the green button. This is confusing for some customers since the text on the display of the pinpad starts scrolling if the amount is larger than $xx.xx. There should be an option for us to have it this way or the way I propose, ie let the customer enter the Pin and then press enter. The amount is on the pole display anyhow. The way that it is set up today is cumbersome and slows down the sales process. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft...

Meeting updates
My users cannot update meetings created when they were on the old email server. I have noticed that the old string is still mapped to the meeting. e.g x400;c=us;a= ;p=Org name;o=exchagne;s=Lastname;g=firstname; The Org name is the Old org still is there a way to force update to the new org? ...

Can an update query be used to update/produce a query?
I'd like to use an update query in a chain of nested queries. Is this possible? In this case the update query will not be updating a table, it will be changing certain values from the preceding query before proceeding with the next query in the chain. My particular need is to substitute a dummy value (-9999) for all null values in a final table which my query chain makes (the final query in the chain is a make-table query which produces the table). I have to make this substitution to several columns of the final table before exporting the table for use in some other software. I...

Validate control before status is updated
I need help tweaking setup for a CancelEvent validation and message box. I'm working on a legacy Access 2000 database. On the Job Entry form, there is a control [CompressorType] that indicates whether equipment is a rental (1), from the maintenance co. (2) or the service company (3). In order to prevent leaving rental equipment on site, I need to add a validation that checks first to see if a rental compressor was used. If it was ([CompressorType]=1), then it needs to validate that something (no way to validate specific entries) was entered in the [CompRetConf] field (which stores the Re...

Icon image disappearing with Windows Shell vulnerability update
After I installed the Vulnerability in Windows Shell Could Allow Remote Code Execution (2286198) the icon shortcuts show up as blank white icons....? I checked the properties and it is set to display the application icon image. ...

Automatically Updating Excel Data In Word Doc Inside Excel File
I have inserted a "Word" object icon into an Excel file (Tab 1) and then used paste link to display data updates from other tabs in the same Excel file in the Word document that is in Tab 1. I am looking for a way to have the links from the Excel Tab 1 file that are in the Word file automatically updated and independent of the Excel filename. Problem is that when I put the Word document icon into the Excel file, open it, paste link data from the same Excel file and then rename the Excel file later the links are not automatically reflecting the new Excel name. The new Exce...

Publisher-Updated webpage will not display
A friend created a simple website in Publisher 2000 (I think) for a local historical society. It consists of only 8 pages, and she frequently needs to update Page 7 but none of the others. That had been working fine for about 6 months, but the latest update to Page 7 will not display. It shows the unchanged parts of the page but not the new parts. (They are text boxes.) Where the text should be, there is nothing. The page shows just fine on her local machine--and on mine--but not on the web. When overwriting the old pages didn't work, we totally deleted the files from the web...

ASSERT and VERIFY
Hi, Just wondering if it is good to wrap literally all your mfc statements in assert or verify? Is this common practise? Every mfc function seems to return a BOOL, which is tempting me to use lots of verify statements. What's the advice of the experts? ASSERT is only compiled and executed in the DEBUG mode. The RELEASE version simply ignores it. "Peter" <peter@peter.com> wrote in message news:ry5gr1v8wiw7.eto2wnoqdj1e$.dlg@40tude.net... > Hi, > > Just wondering if it is good to wrap literally all your mfc statements in > assert or verify? Is this co...

How to verify the validity of the offline database?
Some stores report that the nightly synchronization takes many minutes while other say it takes a matter of seconds. What is the best way to assure the integrity of the offline data in the stores where the sync happens so quickly? I don't see any sign of failure in the logs. This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0385_01C7CA40.EB94BE60 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Rick, It all depends on what has been changed at that store (local & global = customers, items, tenders, departments, cat...

Excel Save/Update Webpage
I was wondering if anyone knew if you could put your excel web page on thw we band then have users of your site change or update information on the page and have it save - so that next time you come to the site it has the new information on it?? mowen@aescurb.com ...