VC6 Project dependencies and project configurations

I am having difficulties getting VC 6 to honor the dependencies between projects with different configurations. Here is what I am running into

Project Main has 3 confugration
* C
* C
* C

Project Sub has 2 of the 3 Main configuration
* C
* C

When I go to build Main project C2, which is trying to link with Sub project C3, VC insists on building Sub project C1 instead of C3. I have searched high and low for a way to specify this, w/o any luck (obviously)

I have the dependencies set up properly using the dependencies dialog. In the project settings, there is a check box for "Allow per-configuration dependencies" but that seems to operate on files, not on projects.
0
anonymous (74722)
2/25/2004 12:11:10 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Missing library when running 98 project on 2003
I have an Excel project with VBA developed using Office 98. I cannot run this project without getting "Missing library" errors. It is halting on a line containing Msgbox Chr(34). It seems that the old 98 project is storing the reference to Library VBA C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VBA\VBA6\VBE6.DLL Visual Basic For Applications and when it runs under Office 2003, it can't find the old library referenced. If I create a new project in 2003, this problem does not occur - all references to functions in the VBA library work. Any ideas on how I can get the old Office ...

Group projects together in project professional
We use project server and we hve atleast 50 projects published. whenever someone go into project professional and retrieve a list of all the projects, it shows all 50 projects. is there anyway i can group them together ?..or can i create folders and move projects into seperate folders?..i know somwhow you can create a enterprise lookup table...any idea how ? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00F9_01CAAA96.54D60950 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi sn , Try posting on t...

a question about dlls compatibility between vc7 and vc6
I will develop a program with vc7,but that program should base another dll which is developed by vc6,and I have no that dll's code.and then it's not compatible anymore.How can I do it?thanx ********************************************************************** Sent via Fuzzy Software @ http://www.fuzzysoftware.com/ Comprehensive, categorised, searchable collection of links to ASP & ASP.NET resources... That all depends upon what these dlls depend upon. If they depend upon MFC, you will have issues as now you link/load two versions of MFC. If your modules depend upon common system...

VC6
I have a real doosee here. I am writing a application and was adding and subtracting code. And then I noticed that in the left class window, I lost one of my classes and added the same doc class so now I have 2 doc classes and 1 lost class. If I click on one of the doc classes I go to the lost class. When I build the project over there are no error messages. I have tried to go backwards with what I had did but can not find the thing that has caused this. Soooo, my question is there a easier way to fix this problem? Thanks! -- Just Al I found it thanks -- Just Al "Al" wrot...

RETURN PARTS FROM PROJECT
How do you return parts from a project to a vendor that when transferred from Inventory, were at a cost remaining in inventory because of FIFO? If I cannot get my credit correct from my vendor, the costs on the job will be incorrect in addition to the credit from my vendor. ------=_NextPart_0001_7B0EC7CA Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Carmie, Thanks for the post to the microsoft Dynamics newsgroups! Can you give me a little more information as to the types of transactions that have been entered up to this point for this. This will help in determining the ...

Access 2002 Project (.adp) / SQL Server 2000 connection problems
I have a SQL Server 2000 database hosted by a comercial hosting company. On my customer's PC, I have a Microsoft Access 2002 project (.adp) running under Windows XP that connects to the database via a DSL Internet connection. The Access project invokes a stored procedure in the database to read a field in a table every 2 seconds. The same Access project VBA code invokes the same stored procedure to read the same field in the same table for about 9 hours a day, 7 days a week. Everything has run pretty well for the past several months, but about twice a week an error of one type or another...

Safe string functions in VC6
I'm stuck in VC6 because of VCN's lack of MFC support (Browse & Wizards) - but in the interest of forward compatibility I need to start replacing depricated functions, such as strncpy. Is there a way to use the new ISO string functions (e.g. strncpy_s) in the VC6 programming environment? I suggest just using CString... its a beautiful thing, especially if youre using MFC a lot. "AVee" wrote: > I'm stuck in VC6 because of VCN's lack of MFC support (Browse & Wizards) - > but in the interest of forward compatibility I need to start replacing > d...

Project or library
Every time I type a number into my new spreadsheet, I get Visual Basic error message: "Can't find project or library." After that I am allowed to complete input into the cell. How can I stop these error messages. Go into the VBIDE (Alt-F11), and then goto Tools>References. If you see an item in the list with MISSING alongside it, uncheck that item and you should be okay. -- __________________________________ HTH Bob "amc" <fortisx@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:u1g4wwzXJHA.256@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Every time I type a number into my ne...

Enterprise Project Manual
Can you recommend a good instruction manual for Enterprise Project 2007 that provides instruction from new users to advanced Users? -- GDD Hello Gary D, See: http://projectserverbooks.com/books/index.aspx written by Dale Howard and Gary Chefetz -- two of the absolute best in the field. (And no, I do not work for them :-) I hope this helps. Let us know how you get along. Julie Project MVP Visit http://project.mvps.org/ for the FAQs and additional information about Microsoft Project On 2/17/2010 8:22 AM, Gary D wrote: > Can you recommend a good instruction m...

Office Project Gallery and Help system crash...
I've read all the posts on crashes in Office apps when attempting to access the "Project Gallery" either automatically during startup or while an application is in-use. I'm running OS X 10.2.6 on a G4/500 Powerbook. The machine runs beautifully except that Office apps crash either when attempting to access the Project Gallery or when attempting to access the Help system in Office apps. I have removed every font except the fonts in the Fonts folder in the "System" (OS X) folder. I've even try disabling a subset of the fonts in the "System" (OS X) fo...

Reconcile Feature in Project Accounting
I would like more information as to when the reconcile feature should be used in Project Accounting. Is this something that should be done during month end? Kindly advise. According to the Project Accounting Administrator's Guide: Reconciling should not be necessary unless your data has been damaged, or some other unusual problem has occurred. Before reconciling quantities, back up all accounting data for your company. You must reconcile modules in the following order: • Sales Order Processing • Purchase Order Processing • Inventory • Project Accounting Hope this helps, rc &quo...

Front end server configuration
We would like to install a FE server for our organisation which is having around 10 sites at different locations with seperate domains. Mak <Mak@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We would like to install a FE server for our organisation which is having >around 10 sites at different locations with seperate domains. You have my permission to install the FE server. :) -- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP MS Exchange FAQ at http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm ...

Project Accounting #7
Void an Open Billing Invoice -- Senganga. Hi, There is no void. What you have to do is enter a new invoice to match the open invoice but you must manually enter the same Fee IDs with negative numbers. It's like creating a credit note in PA. Hope that helps. "LeagoK" wrote: > Void an Open Billing Invoice > -- Senganga. ...

Password protected VBA project
Hi I need to unlock the VBA project in an Excel file, but I don't remember the password. I know, that there is a small script, that is searching for password for protected worksheet using brute-force technique. But it only works for worksheets - not for VBA projects. Is there any other tool for this? Thanks in advance! T. Hi See this site http://www.schmittis-page.de/index.html?/excel/vba/t48e.htm HTH Ken ...

stability of Project Server 2010
I want to know it is better to install and deploy project server 2010 instead of project server 2007 because project server 2010 is a beta version . and it is not released till now. and as my experience with microsoft project server 2003 and 2007 and other microsoft products at they need one year and atleast service pack 2 to stable and completely and perform well. and i think that is the same problem with project server 2010. kindly reply me soon. Sam: You should not deploy the 2010 beta into production as Microsoft does not support an upgrade from beta to RTM. You should...

Control replacement
Hi all, I am using VC6. I have a dialog box in the Resources Editor in which there are several controls, including an Edit Control. Sometimes, during initialisation of the dialog (OnInitDialog), I need to replace the Edit control by another control I create by hand. What I am currently doing is hiding the original Edit, and creating the new control. It works fine, but I loose my tabs order. I'd like to give my new control the same tab position the original one has, so that it automatically gets the focus when the window is launched and all looks fine when the user plays with its...

including files in projects-a DLL and Main question
hello, I was curious if anyone has ever done the following and if so, how. I have a class written in a .cpp and .h file. Currently, this class is a member of an MFC extension DLL project, so I have the AFX_EXT_CLASS macro before the name of the class class AFX_EXT_CLASS foo { .... blah... }; now, these two files reside in a common folder for me to use, or so I would like, in other projects as I see fit. The wrinkle is, I would like to have the ability to include this class in a project directly (sans DLL business) as an initial attempt, I did try #ifdef _NOT_IN_D...

what includes what...? (vc6)
does anyone know of a good tool that shows some kind of dependency- tree for my vc6 project? -.rhavin;) On 10 Mrz., 18:46, ".rhavin grobert" <cl...@yahoo.de> wrote: > does anyone know of a good tool that shows some kind of dependency- > tree for my vc6 project? > > -.rhavin;) found what i need.... ("include" was not the best keyword to search the net;-) https://secure.codeproject.com/KB/applications/includefinder.aspx ...

JIT (VC6)
VC++ 6 is not my JIT (just in time) debugger any more. How can I set it back? See if the following KB article helps you http://support.microsoft.com/?id=103861 -- Cheers Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP] ----------------------------------- "Petar Popara" <my.fake@mail.net> wrote in message news:e$WwNRkzEHA.1264@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > > VC++ 6 is not my JIT (just in time) debugger any more. How can I set it > back? > > ...

Fixed Asset projections for budgeting
I can run depreciation projections,but I need a good report for running that I can use to pull into budgets. I guess I'm looking for a report that has the months across the top. Does anyone have a smartlist report that does something like that? Thanks There isn't a report with the data in that format. What I believe could be done is to take the data and export it with the period in one of the columns. You could then use a pivot table to put the assets on the left and the periods on the top. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Merle Schwickerath" wrote: > I can run depr...

Project Accounting for Internal Projects
We use Project Accounting 7.5 from Workforce ROI for tracking our projects we work on for customers and we utilize the invoicing and profit recognition features to do this. We would also like to use the Project Accounting module for tracking internal projects; more as a way to track spending on CIP until it's capitalized as opposed to billing it out. Is this how other companies do this, or should we be tracking it in a different way/with a different program? What's the best way to get around having to recognize profit? Just delete the JE that's generated, or can we tel...

Importing Project into Excel 97
Is it possible to import Project into Excel 97? If so, is there any specific information needed to get this to work? Thanks, Pretty big question!!! Look at Project, I dont have a copy handy... see if it has a save as CSV feature, or export as CSV (Comma Delimited Values). If it does, then Excel can open the data. You probably are in for alot of data massaging and formatting tho.... >-----Original Message----- >Is it possible to import Project into Excel 97? If so, is >there any specific information needed to get this to work? > >Thanks, >. > ...

project accounting
I see where you can put these both to use but would like to find out about using just one. What is you have a new customer to enter and at the same time you enter the same id for the contract. Then you have only one contract for each customer and then open a new project each time they want something. This is for a heating and airconditioning company who does not wish to use the contract option, just the project. Anyone done this? Any problems? -- Kate Hulit Asyma Systems Ltd. ...

Project Server 2007 and Updating Actual Work
Our current project server 2007 installation is configured for all time entry to come through the My Timesheet interface. Only resources can update actual work. We have run into many instances where time was entered incorrectly or not at all. With the project managers not having the ability to update actual work, this can create a great deal of overhead and incorrect project status reports. For those of you that use Project Server, do you have the capability to update actual work? If so, how do you use this capability (For correction purposes only, Update Actuals and Percent Comp...

Connection error using built-in EDC configuration
Does anyone have a copy of a good bank setup sheet to send to a provider that lists/maps all data neccessary for RMS to connect and process credit authorizations.? I have been going back and forth with my clients provider Nova/Visanet and seem to finally have all of the correct information but when I try to process for an authorization I get the following message "Connection Error: A network connection failed. Make sure you have a network (or Internet) connection and then try again." Definitely have a good strong broadband connection. Are there port and or firewall issues...