VC2005 Linker errors against unresolved Standard C++ funcs

Hi everybody,

I'm facing some problem when tried to port one of apps from VC6.0 to VC2005.

In two words: my program links additional 3-rd party libs (gx*.lib - see
logs) that were developed probably in VC6.0. The conflict seems to
appear at function decoration - old style is __thiscall while new VC2005
style is __stdcall (courtesy of google).

My clue is that I probably can't configure correctly used libraries in
project's options to be compatible backwards to VC6.0.

My questions are:
1. Does attached compiler output mean that I refer to improper PSDK
libs? Are VC2005 default libs not proper? I'm not an expert when facing
such fat output from compiler...

2. Is VC2005 and/or PSDK installation self-contained when facing this
sort of problems with different versions of stdc++ library? Or do I have
to download some additional stuff?

3. How to configure project options to correct this situation? I tried
hints met across different forums (reordering lib dir order in VC
options, /MT option, excluding particular lib files, ect.), rather 0%
accuracy in my case (or improperly applied).

If someone could explain me an actual mechanism of this error, I would
appreciate it a lot.

Here is compiler error log:
http://cacheserver.duu.pl/logs/log01.html

Here is compiler  error log (verbose):
http://cacheserver.duu.pl/logs/log02.html

Compiler options:
/Od /I "D:\MK Local Exchange\eXcite\include" /I "/include" /D "WIN32" /D
"_DEBUG" /D "_CONSOLE" /D "USE_GXCAM" /D "_WIN32_WINNT=0x500" /D "_MBCS"
/Gm /EHsc /RTC1 /MTd /Fo"Debug\\" /Fd"Debug\vc80.pdb" /W3 /nologo /c /ZI
/TP /errorReport:prompt

Linker options:
/OUT:"F:\Projects\VS2005\eXcite\src\bin/simplegrab_d.exe" /INCREMENTAL
/NOLOGO /LIBPATH:"D:\Program Files\Microsoft SDK\Lib"
/LIBPATH:"F:\Projects\VS2005\eXcite\src\../lib" /MANIFEST
/MANIFESTFILE:"Debug\simplegrab_d.exe.intermediate.manifest" /DEBUG
/PDB:"Debug/simplegrab_d.pdb" /SUBSYSTEM:CONSOLE /MACHINE:X86
/ERRORREPORT:PROMPT baslercam_md.lib gxdevice_mt.lib xcam_md.lib
gtrans.lib gxpp_md.lib  kernel32.lib user32.lib gdi32.lib winspool.lib
comdlg32.lib advapi32.lib shell32.lib ole32.lib oleaut32.lib uuid.lib
odbc32.lib odbccp32.lib

Any response greatly welcome...
Greetings
mk
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Error OLE server
I get an error when I do anything on a form, the error = "A problem occurred while (database name) was communicating with the OLE server or ActiveX control” I don’t have any ActiveX or OLE server!, this comes up if I write any code or a macro, and then I can’t do anything I have to make a new form and make sure I don’t write code Someone replied & I got this web site http://support.microsoft.com/kb/907337/en-us BUT IT APPLIES TO • Microsoft Office Access 2003 • Microsoft Access 2002 Standard Edition • Microsoft Access 2000 Standard Edition I'm having the problem in acc...

Error -550 attempt at resolution
We have a customer witha small network and dedicated server using SBS4.5 sp6 with Exchange 5.5 (build 2448.8 sp2) that recently had a power outage which appears to have corrupted the one of the Exchange EDB files. Some (years) ago we moved the Exchange data from C: to D: due to space limitations. Based on the error we referred to Q143235 and tried to follow the resolution. Using ESEUTIL /MH, we found the d:\exchsrvr\dsadata\diredb file to be inconsistent. We found the d:\exchsrvr\mdbdata.priv.edb file was consistent We found the d:\exchsrvr\mdbdata\pub.edb file to be consistent. Per the Q arti...

Combo box NAME# error
I had created a form with combo boxes. Then I had the bright idea to alphabetize the entries by changing the properties of the form and now the combo box displays NAME#. I realize that this has something to do with the Control Source but it remains in the underlying table for the form...what did I do? ...

msoe.dll error
have internet explorer 6.x but outlook express won't open get this error: outlook could not be started because msoe.dll could not be loaded. is there a fix for this? I've installed,uninstalled IE many times & still won't work. ...

"FRx DrillDown Viewer will exit: Error 0" error message on Citrix or Terminal Server
We are facing the following error in using FRx in Citrix environment: "FRx DrillDown Viewer will exit: Error 0" error message on Citrix or Terminal Server The problem is the drill32.exe process keeps in running the background and eats away the server processing resources, severely reducing the citrix server performance. I did notice the techknowledge document 862594, but it didnt help. Any other ideas will help be appreciated. For reference here is a application log trace. The VB Application identified by the event source logged this Application FRx System: Thread ID: 6344 ,Logge...

Exchange error code 0x8004010f
i had installed exchange server 2003 ,and its qorking quite normally but as i send and receive my emails on client end i receive an error code thats says "Task 'Microsoft Exchange Server' reported error (0x8004010F) : 'The operation failed. An object could not be found." This is an error related to Problem downloading offline address book.what version of Outlook is being used .is it Outlook 2003 and used in cached mode? If yes , then removed the cached mode option from Outlook 2003 and try again doing send /receive . Check out this kb article : http://support.mi...

Error Exporting Memo Fileds to Excle
Hi, I have used a posted code from http://www.mvps.org/access/modules/mdl0035.htm to create a recordset to export to Excel range but I have couple of memo fields that are truncating down to 255 when exporting. I have researched the issue but can't figure out how to address it. Any help would be very much appreciate it. Sub sCopyRSToNamedRangeProcesses() 'Copy records to a named range 'on an existing worksheet on a 'workbook ' Dim objXL As Excel.Application Dim objWkb As Excel.Workbook Dim objSht As Excel.Worksheet Dim db As Database 'Dim rs As Record...

Linker Errors 2005 and 1104
I received the following link errors: Linking... NAQXCtl.obj : error LNK2005: "class CMyConnMngr * g_pMyConnMngr" (?g_pMyConnMngr@@3PAVCMyConnMngr@@A) already defined in NAQX.obj NAQXPpg.obj : error LNK2005: "class CMyConnMngr * g_pMyConnMngr" (?g_pMyConnMngr@@3PAVCMyConnMngr@@A) already defined in NAQX.obj LINK : warning LNK4075: ignoring /EDITANDCONTINUE due to /INCREMENTAL:NO specification LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file "mfc42u.lib" Error executing link.exe. ------------------------------------------ Error 2005 MSDN says: The most common cau...

Outlook sync error
I have installed Activsync 3.7, and I can connect to my HP 5450 no problem, until I tick the sync with notes box then I get the following OUTLOOK error? "Synchronization cannot be started because you are not able to log on to the network and access information. Restart your desktop computer and synchronize again. If the problem persists, contact your network administrator. I have restarted six times and no change. Please has anyone got any ideas, I am running Windows XP, Office XP and norton internet security. Thanks Shane You might want to post this to microsoft.public.pocketpc.a...

Error: Unusual number of requests
How do I fix the setting for this constant and annoying error: "We are detecting an unusual number of requests for information from your computer at this time, which will affect the availability of our site for all users. MSN Money does not support automated routines that repeatedly request information from our site. If you are using such an automated routine, please discontinue. If you received this message in error, we apologize for the inconvenience. Back to MSN Money" Thanks, SB ...

Generartion of Offline Address book error occurred
Dear, I dont know why my OAB isn=B4t generating Please if you know some causes let me know best regards I had a problem with this before, I had to tweak my=20 Global Address List query settings before it would work,=20 it doesnt like a email contact or public folder and its=20 messing up the offline. I uncheck Contacts and Public=20 folders on my query and it seemed to fix the problem.=20 Chris Webb MCP >-----Original Message----- >Dear, > >I dont know why my OAB isn=B4t generating > >Please if you know some causes let me know > >best regards >. > ...

error in RMS
I keep getting an error when I change an ITEM and then try to save it. The changes are saved and I cannot tell that there is any problem after I have changed the item details in any way. The error is "ROW CANNOT BE LOCATED FOR UPDATING...bla bla bla" Anyone else getting this error? My computer downloaded the SP3 update and I installed the "FIX" for RMS a couple of weeks ago. Thanks! mickie yes. this has been ongoing for quite awhile not. "Mickie" <mickie@removemickiesremoveplace.com> wrote in message news:eDTSn$g$IHA.5096@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... ...

Delete Error
Whenever treatment to erase an email from outlook 2000 it leaves the following message: The Messaging interface has returned and unknow error. If the problem persists, restart outlook. Please Help. ...

watching a string in VC2005
Hi, I have an annoying problem when debugging a string content in VC2005 envirnoment: If I derive a class from CString, then when I debug an object of the derived class, I cannot see the content of the string directly (only after expanding the line of information) both in the "Watch" pane and the "Watch" tooltip. For example if I have the class: class CMyString : public CString { int a; bool b; }; so when debbuging an CMyString object, I see the data members values. (the string data I see only after expanding the watch line). Is there a way to see the content ...

3.0 Installation Permission Errors
I'm trying to take a look at 3.0 - installation went fine. Now, I'm trying to log into the site and deployment mgr (which apparently also logs into the site) - and it gives me permission / authentication errors. I'm logged in as Domain Admin, which is the account I used to install CRM. I changed the IIS site to allow anonymous access, but apparently, the site is accessing other objects that either: are not getting passed the windows credential (maybe the website isn't picking up the windows credentials and forwrading to the objects??) or don't like the Domain Admin f...

Error
Hi I insert picture to word doc and tried to format the object and from some reason I got this message "The measurment must be between 0 % and 10675 % And ther is no option to remove it or move to other tabs Please advice I dind't save the Doc -- Thanks N.Y. ...

event id 2035 and 8231 errors
Event id 2035: The e-mail address description object in the Microsoft Exchange directory for the 'FAX' address type on 'i386' machines is missing. Event id 8231: Permanent failure reported by policy group provider for 'CN=Recipient Policies,CN=ClientServ,CN=Microsoft Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=clientserv,DC=com' :'MAD.EXE', error=8000ffff. Taking provider offline. These occur every 5 min. I believe it is looking for an old fax email address that was migrated from exchange 5.5. I had deleted the address from the Recipient Policy, bu...

Run Time Error 2501 "The report action was cancel"
hi I have a access database with some reports. All reports are working fine except one. When I click Priview or Print window I get the error "Report Action was canceled" and the error number is 2501. I try to ignore the error but report does not open. Any help in this regard. Here is my code. Private Sub Command15_Click() On Error GoTo Err_Command15_Click Dim stDocName As String stDocName = "Cash Voucher" DoCmd.OpenReport stDocName, acPreview ComeHere: Err_Command15_Click: If Err.Number = 2501 Then Resume ComeHere End If Any help in this regard ?? Thnx i...

error message in Account.Create
Hello, well finally I can update an account, but I get a weird error message. I used the code example from the SDK, and it is getting the same user ID as the update, but there is apparently something not right there. Man, if I had started testing with update, I would not have been this frustrated..... At least I know that the SDK example work, there just seems to be some missing details. error message: ErrorMessage: SOAP Server Application Faulted 8004021bThe user id or the team id is missing.d:\mscrm\build\3017\src\platform\include\omcore\entity.inl2713 Source: System.Web.Services To cla...

include the ability to price standard items to three decimals
It would be nice to be able to discount items to three decimals. Example, 3 for 2.99= .997 each. Or 12 for $1.00= .083 each. Currently we cannot do this. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgb...

OLC Mail: Error
Around 2 weeks ago, I started receiving "Mail: Error" in the OLC toolbar and naturally no mail is being sent or received. I tried creating a new profile but to no avail. Next, I uninstalled Office 2003 and reinstalled it but ran into problems from uninstalling the 2007 file converter which removed some necessary shared file that I could not replace. To make a long story short, I re-imaged C:\ from a known good image and all worked fine for a couple of days, but the "Mail: Error" has returned. The antivirus/firewall (Vipre) was disabled in both instances so I c...

Runtime Error 1004: Application-defined or object-defined error
Hello: Any idea what's causing this error? I have run this before with different scenario, but it now fails. It was written by others. Thankyou, Mary :confused: ' -- if buildable, process for partial constraints If isBuildable Then minBuildable = 100 Set partialConstraints = New Collection ' -- look for the primary (most restrictive) constraint on thi polygon, ' -- count the total number of constraints For Each cons In constraints If wsLoad.Cells(rLoad, cConstraints(cons.Index)) = "1" Then ERROR HERE If cons.PrimaryBuildable < minBuildable Then min...

Integration Manager error: unknown Great Plains field subtype '243
When a user with class 'ARSupvisor' tried to upload invoices to GP, an error message show up as in the title. We have to set to 'Accounting Mgr' to have the upload done successfully. Can someone tell why it is like this? What can we change to make a 'ARSupvisor' be able to upload? (access right, etc) Thanks in advance! Kevin I have not tried this in version 10 yet, but I know in previous versions of GP, a user had to have access to the SOP Setup screen to be able to import SOP invoices using Integration Manager. Hope that helps. -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP...

OWA error #6
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_002E_01C46F0B.05616990 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi=20 We are using Echange V5.5 SP4, our OWA is not working from last night, = anyone please can help ? I check the event viewer,=20 First error=20 "The IIS Admin Service service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this = 1 time(s). The following corrective action will be taken in 1 = milliseconds: Run the configured recovery program." Second error: Error: File /exchange/USA/LogonFrm.asp C...

Error opening Excel File
Hi, I'm currently having these days an error while opening an excel sheet. The sheet is shared among five users. When one tries to open it, a message indicates that the file is locked for editing by another user and after checking with the user, I understand that he has already closed the file but the latter remains locked. Can someone help? ...