vc MFC 2008 DocView MFCTableCtrl

in vc 2008 environment
i create a project which is muti-docview,when i open some file,the file show
in the client area ,and also there some table name on the client header,I
can get the MFCTableCtrl by GetMdiTab() ,but all i want is that i want to
replace the tabctrl with my own defined tabCtrl. how can i do this.thanks
very much.
        forgive for my poor english ...

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Opening Windows Word 2003 docs with Mac Word 2008
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) We have many computers in the house, including windows XP PC's and Snow Leopard Macs. The macs all run Word for Mac 2008, and the windows PC's run Word 2003. Is there a way to open these documents on the macs so that they will be formatted the same way? Word 2008 should open Word 2003 documents just fine. Is your question a general question, as in "will I be able to do this?", or have you encountered some specific situations in which the formatting of a document is not retained when the document is opened...

Call stored procedure in mfc
Hi guys, does anyone know how to call stored procedure in MFC using ODBC connection? Please help me step by step, because i am kind of new to this. Thanks for your help. Krish Executing Stroed Procedure is no different than executing any SQL statement. Some ODBC drivers like to have SP parameters passed in a certain way. Look at Codeguru/Codeproject for samples for MFC/ODBC. MSDN also has samples of MFC database classes. Following is the link to database section of Codeguru: http://www.codeguru.com/Cpp/data/mfc_database/ ------------------- Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com krish_jasmi...

To use xml files in vc++ resource editor..
Hi..please tell how to use xml files in vc++ resource editor so that we can access it from our application..Thanks What exactly you goin gto do with that XML file -- With Regards Alok Gupta Visit me at http://alok.bizhat.com "I think this will Help" "Mncyb2004" <Mncyb2004@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FBC6EF97-1B6F-4012-9FAA-6B437EBC0AD8@microsoft.com... > Hi..please tell how to use xml files in vc++ resource editor so that we can > access it from our application..Thanks The question is a little vague. Do you...

how to create a console while MFC is running?
Hi, I want to show some information of an application. Anyone knows how to dump a console while the major MFC application is running? Thanks in advance Jack see AllocConsole() "Jacky Luk" <jl@knight.com> wrote in message news:Olm2pwV3GHA.4164@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hi, > I want to show some information of an application. > Anyone knows how to dump a console while the major MFC application is > running? > Thanks in advance > Jack > ...

vc++ #6
how do we can link our header file (*.h)? header files are not linked. they are normally included with a c/c++ file during compilation. object files and libraries are linked. "m" <paridar@azadinet.net> wrote in message news:OqfcbLqVEHA.1952@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > how do we can link our header file (*.h)? > > m, > how do we can link our header file (*.h)? By including them in your source files (*.c or *c.pp) and compiling, then linking the source files. -- Jonathan Wood SoftCircuits http://www.softcircuits.com Available for consulting: http://www.softc...

DAO 3.50 and VC++7
Can I force VC++7.0 to use DAO 3.50 or 3.51 instead of 3.60? In VC++6.0 we could set the DAO verion using something similar to: AfxGetModuleState()->m_dwVersion = 0x0421 This does not appear to work in VC++7.0 as no matter what this is set to DAO 3.6 is always loaded. We would like to do this as we hold binary data in MS Access memo fields and this appears to get converted. We can move the data to an OLE type field but this is not conveninet for backwards compatibility. Peter, Are you creating a new database at run time and attempting to re-create the 'old' schema, or ...

Give up MFC???
If I choose to start using C++ managed code ( so I can incorporate C# libraries ) do I really have to give up using the MFC library??? Arrrrg!!! When I start a new project selecting managed C++, and try to add a class, it won't let me use an MFC base class.... Ron H. ----------------- www.Newsgroup-Binaries.com - *Completion*Retention*Speed* Access your favorite newsgroups from home or on the road ----------------- "Ron H." <rnh@mmm.com> wrote in message news:46b21891$0$32330$8d2e0cab@news.newsgroup-binaries.com... > If I choose to start using C++ managed code ...

how to convert a VC program to service???
I wrote a program.I want to run the program by using windows NT service.how to convert a VC program to service???This program is not GUI based...Its only MFC program.... Read about how to write a service. There are some kludges, but nothing substitutes for doing the job right and simply writing it as a service. Note that there can be no output, such as printf, coming from the app, since it cannot appear anywhere. joe On 1 Jan 2007 21:00:29 -0800, "meenu" <mnair.lekshmi@gmail.com> wrote: >I wrote a program.I want to run the program by using windows NT >service.h...

Porting issue from VC++.6 to VC++.NET
Hi, I am doing migration of MFC code from CV++.6 to VC++.NET . I found a difference between handing MFC "ON_COMMAND" message function prototype. In VC++ .6 the function prototype is BOOL FUN(WPARAM, LPARAM). But in VC++.NET the function prototype is void FUN ( ). My Question - How will I get wparam inside VC++.NET ?? I am giving the function which is compiled in VC++.6 BEGIN_MESSAGE_MAP( ON_COMMAND(IDC_COMBO, OnCommand) BOOL EditorCombo: OnCommand(WPARAM wParma, LPARAM lParma) { if(LOWORD(wParma == IDC_COMBO ) { switch(HIWORD(wParma)) ...

VC BUG
The code has problem, but comiplie ok! link ok void CMyDialog::OnOK() { extern CButton m_DLG1_IDOK_n; //m_DLG1_IDOK_n not exist CButton m_DLG1_IDOK; if(m_DLG1_IDOK_n.GetCheck == m_DLG1_IDOK.GetCheck) // Call function without (), like vb return; CDialog::OnOK(); } Envirment: XP + VC6.0 Bob wrote: > The code has problem, but comiplie ok! link ok > > void CMyDialog::OnOK() > { > extern CButton m_DLG1_IDOK_n; //m_DLG1_IDOK_n not exist > CButton m_DLG1_IDOK; > > if(m_DLG1_IDOK_n.GetCheck == m_DLG1_IDOK.GetCheck) // Call function > wi...

From VC++ pro to VC++ 2005?
I'm not a programmer by trade, but have gotten somewhat comfortable with VC++ 6 pro. Is it recommended to upgrade to VC++ 2005? Will VC++ 2005 make it easier for me to make sure that my applications remain compatible with Vista? What is your experience in changing from VC++ 6 to VC++ 2005? Any comments are appreciated. Harald "Harald" <Haraldnospamcollonia@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:NbdJh.11916$Jl.4186@newsread3.news.pas.earthlink.net... > I'm not a programmer by trade, but have gotten somewhat comfortable with > VC++ 6 pro. Is it recommended to...

MFC code ... X button at top right of dialog/application no longer works
Hello. I've been modifying someone else's MFC code, and the X button at top right of dialog/application no longer works to close the app. What can I do to get this working again ? Thanks ! Look for OnClose(or OnSysCommand) in dialog/mainframe window and see whats going on there. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "pogo" <pogo@RequestEmailInNewsgroupOnly.com> wrote in message news:2XaMf.25377$UD1.12509@bignews2.bellsouth.net... > Hello. > I've been modifying someone else's MFC code, and the X button at top right > of dialog/application...

Fax Server functionality with SBS 2008
hi Newsgroup, Is SBS 2008 capable of offering fully fax server functions such as receiving faxes for individual users with individual fax numbers and submitting them into outlook or do I still need a third party product like Tobit MX or Ferrari Fax? Any information apreciated! -- jörg krueger No, there is no DID fax functionality in SBS. The usual work around is to dump all the faxes into one users mail box and let that user send them on to the intended party. I believe, however, that each device can be configured separately, but I have not checked that. If so,...

Crystal Report XI in VC++ 6.0
Hi, I have an application written in VC++ 6.0 (native code). I want to call the reports created/saved in Crystal Report XI from my code. Can anybody help me in doing this ? Thanks in advance. ...

vc++6 program in vc++.net
How to write vc++ 6 program in vc++.net? > How to write vc++ 6 program in vc++.net? > You can't. If you mean 'how can I create non .NET applications' then you just have to select win32 or MFC projects when creating a new project. That way your code does not use the .NET framework, but the win32 and MFC api instead. These projects are equivalent to VC 6.0 projects. it is also not possible to convert vc++.net projects back to VC6.0. without manually creating the vc6 projects and manually porting the code. There are huge differences between VC 6.0 and VC 2003 and VC200...

Problem in converting VC++ code to managed VC.NET code
Hello, I've a vector in VC++ code. I'm trying to convert into managed VC.NET code public ref struct MsgStructure sealed { unsigned char *m_pucData; unsigned long m_ulLen; } ; public ref class CCircBuffer { public: vector<MsgStructure^> MsgList; // this is the line i'm getting the error. }; When i compile this code i'm getting the following error. e:\vs.net 2005 pro\trials\dim\dim\CircBuffer.h(41) : error C4368: cannot define 'MsgList' as a member of managed 'CCircBuffer': mixed types are not supported. Can anyone help me sorting out this problem...

What's the difference between MFC, AFC, WFC, ActiveX
What's the difference between MFC, AFC, WFC, etc..., and all those other 3 letter acronyms (and ActiveX) which to me is just one lump right now I call the Microsoft Windows Operating System. ....Which to me means I can make a call to this routine because it already exists somewhere in the Microsoft Windows Operating System. I assume (probably incorrectly) the operating system is broken down into chunks and each chunk is given it's own name. Is there a diagram somewhere that puts it all together and sorts it out? MFC is a framework for creating Windows programs. It is a very th...

Template of Document for a MFC Project.
I'm working with MFC project. But I and my company don't have any experience and information about making document. I need help. Please let me have advice and information about it. hi, If you are mentioning a CDocument, then let me mention that a CDocument is used to store data. In the doc-view architecture the CDocument (or its derivables) will hold the data needed for your application while the CView (or the derivable of it) would display the data. Hence the document could mean anything - a line of text, an image, binary data etc. hth gangadhar npk Joon-ho Ryu wrote: > ...

Q: Viewing PDF in an MFC application
Hi Can anybody tell me, or direct me to a site, which shows how to display a PDF document in a view of an MFC application? Thanks David In message <3f7abd34$0$6631$cc9e4d1f@news.dial.pipex.com>, David Jones <dave@ymchwil.NODAMNSPAM.com> writes >Hi > >Can anybody tell me, or direct me to a site, which shows how to display a >PDF document in a view of an MFC application? I can't, but if type PDF and DLL library into google you will most likely get some hits for vendors that sell toolkits that allow you to do just this. I looked into this about 6 months ago f...

vc++ 2005 unhandled exception error: settings
vc++ 2005 unhandled exception error: settings ? Unhandled exception at 0x0040c247 in jan7.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x00030000. This is too less information. Seems to be a pointer access problem. Have you debugged the code? Then you can find the error. <farshid.roumi@gmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:1168247063.905620.57180@38g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > vc++ 2005 unhandled exception error: settings ? > > > Unhandled exception at 0x0040c247 in jan7.exe: 0xC0000005: Access > violation reading location 0x00030000. > Looks like a ...

How do you declare a Global Variable in VC++6
I have read and tried every thing I could find to successfully create a Global variable in VC++ 6 (not .net). All I get is 'variable not declared' or 'variable redifinition'. There has got to be a way to do it (I hope). Please help! Are you putting it in a header file and including the header file in multiple cpp files? Decalre it in a cpp file and use extern elsewhere to get to it. See how wizard generates your app's variable. In general, you should avoid using global variables. --- Ajay "Charlie Chan" <charlie_chan@suddenlink.net> wrote in message...

Faxing
Our current server is running SBS 2003. We have a Brooktrout Trufax card that handles our incoming faxes. We are moving to Server 2008 R2 Enterprise. I have seen that the Brooktrout card will not work with the 64 bit 2008. Just wondering if anyone has suggestions for a new fax card that will work with Server 2008 R2 Enterprise. Thanks, David David wrote: > Our current server is running SBS 2003. We have a Brooktrout Trufax > card that handles our incoming faxes. We are moving to Server 2008 R2 > Enterprise. I have seen that the Brooktrout card will not work with ...

From VC6 to VC.NET
Hi, I have medium size project that compiles just fine with VC6, I am about to go and get myself VC7(.NET). The main reason is because I want to learn some C# and also get used to the new development tool. Should I expect my application to compile fine? does VC7 convert VC6 applications fine? Or do I need to get another application to ensure a smooth conversion? I use a lot of standard C++ stuff, (std::string, std::vectors etc...), and I would prefer not to change anything just for the sake of a new version of visual studio. So will it work? will I need to buy a special conversion too...

stop another mfc dialog appl (.exe) from an mfc application
Hi, is there some sample code to stop another mfc dialog appl (.exe) from an mfc appl (vc6.0) ? THANKS ! What do you mean by "Stop a Dialog"? ---------- Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com To kill or shutdown the .exe. "Ajay Kalra" wrote: > What do you mean by "Stop a Dialog"? > > ---------- > Ajay Kalra > ajaykalra@yahoo.com > > Get hold of the handle of main window using FindWindow. Then you can use ::PostMessag(handle, WM_CLOSE). ---------------- Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com it works ! Thank you Ajay ! "Ajay Kalra" wr...

MFC COleTemplateServer::UpdateRegistry fails in Vista Unless Elevated
Applications that use MFC and are OLE servers typically call COleTemplateServer::UpdateRegistry from the InitInstance member function to register file-type information from the document-template string and place that information in the OLE system registry. Since a well-designed app will run "AsInvoker", this very important MFC operation is not allowed Vista and fails. In order to run COleTemplateServer::UpdateRegistry, an application must either run as administor or elevate the permission level to administrator. What am I missing here? This seems like a huge hole in MFC/Vista design,...