VC - Creating an Active X Control by subclassing ComboBoxEx

I need a way to come up with a simple (free) combobox activeX control I
can use in a third party development tool.  I tried just subclassing
ComboBoxEx using the ActiveX control wizard in VC6.  It clearly creates
the control, but it doesn't seem to be created with the properties and
methods (like AddItem/New) and when I plop on a VB6 form it doesn't
look like a combobox.  Granted I am newbie working way over my head, by
why would the ActiveX control wizard ask me which control to inherit
from if it isn't going to give me _roughly_ the same functionality?
Can anyone point me in a direction?

0
timnels (2)
7/19/2005 12:09:36 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Hi,

Subclassing an existing control makes your ActiveX Control a combobox
control. You can interact with the control using the messages recognized by
a combobox (CBM_*). However the external interface ( AddItem, Clear, etc)
are totally your responsibility.

Atul Godbole
http://www.ssware.com/
Shell MegaPack - Windows Explorer Shell Controls for ActiveX and .Net

<timnels@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I need a way to come up with a simple (free) combobox activeX control I
> can use in a third party development tool.  I tried just subclassing
> ComboBoxEx using the ActiveX control wizard in VC6.  It clearly creates
> the control, but it doesn't seem to be created with the properties and
> methods (like AddItem/New) and when I plop on a VB6 form it doesn't
> look like a combobox.  Granted I am newbie working way over my head, by
> why would the ActiveX control wizard ask me which control to inherit
> from if it isn't going to give me _roughly_ the same functionality?
> Can anyone point me in a direction?

0
Atul

Tab Controls
Just wonder does Visual Web Developer 2010 Express has web controls simulate the tab controls? If it does not exisits, how you guys to show when you click on the menu item on the left pane to show different panel on the right? Similar to the frame today. ...

To use xml files in vc++ resource editor..
Hi..please tell how to use xml files in vc++ resource editor so that we can access it from our application..Thanks What exactly you goin gto do with that XML file -- With Regards Alok Gupta Visit me at http://alok.bizhat.com "I think this will Help" "Mncyb2004" <Mncyb2004@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FBC6EF97-1B6F-4012-9FAA-6B437EBC0AD8@microsoft.com... > Hi..please tell how to use xml files in vc++ resource editor so that we can > access it from our application..Thanks The question is a little vague. Do you...

DAO 3.50 and VC++7
Can I force VC++7.0 to use DAO 3.50 or 3.51 instead of 3.60? In VC++6.0 we could set the DAO verion using something similar to: AfxGetModuleState()->m_dwVersion = 0x0421 This does not appear to work in VC++7.0 as no matter what this is set to DAO 3.6 is always loaded. We would like to do this as we hold binary data in MS Access memo fields and this appears to get converted. We can move the data to an OLE type field but this is not conveninet for backwards compatibility. Peter, Are you creating a new database at run time and attempting to re-create the 'old' schema, or ...

How do I get the X axis (category) name to show?
I've created a 3d bar graph. Originally the Z and X axis title appeared, but the X axis also had three of the 10 categories. I have a legend to identify each of the 10 items, so all I want is the title of the categories. When I roll my cursor over the area it pops up "category axis title" but I can't right click or firmat the area. Any clues? Select the X-Axis, if you hover for a while tooltip "Category axis" may appear. Double click or rt-click the Axis to display its "Format Axis" dialog Scale tab: change 'no. of categories between tick mark...

Controlling the number excel gives to charts
Hello, When creating charts in workbooks, excel will assign a number to it. So if I have 10 charts through out my project I should have charts numbered 1 thru 10. But if I delete a few and create a few more, the numbering will no longer be sequential. When automating certain processes it becomes a little difficult when charts have been numbered in this way. example. If I wanted to perform some operation on 4 of the 10 charts within a FOR NEXT loop, it would be difficult if the charts were numbered 2,4,5 and10. For Var = 1 to 4 ActiveSheet.ChartObjects("Chart "...

vc++ #6
how do we can link our header file (*.h)? header files are not linked. they are normally included with a c/c++ file during compilation. object files and libraries are linked. "m" <paridar@azadinet.net> wrote in message news:OqfcbLqVEHA.1952@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > how do we can link our header file (*.h)? > > m, > how do we can link our header file (*.h)? By including them in your source files (*.c or *c.pp) and compiling, then linking the source files. -- Jonathan Wood SoftCircuits http://www.softcircuits.com Available for consulting: http://www.softc...

active directory
hi! i have a win 2003 sbs server with domain. i have following queries i have created a new domain server and want that my old domains clients can connect to new domain. i have created same user name on new domain when i connected client with new domain it takes to new desktop on client computer instead of the old desktop. can anybody suggest my any solution? -- universe ------------------------------------------------------------------------ universe's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/246568.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/small-business-s...

how to convert a VC program to service???
I wrote a program.I want to run the program by using windows NT service.how to convert a VC program to service???This program is not GUI based...Its only MFC program.... Read about how to write a service. There are some kludges, but nothing substitutes for doing the job right and simply writing it as a service. Note that there can be no output, such as printf, coming from the app, since it cannot appear anywhere. joe On 1 Jan 2007 21:00:29 -0800, "meenu" <mnair.lekshmi@gmail.com> wrote: >I wrote a program.I want to run the program by using windows NT >service.h...

Secondary X axis
I was wondering if it is possible to have a secondary X axis so i can have two variables with different units on the X axis. Or alternatively, but preferably not, if I used a secondary Y axis is there a way to rotate the chart??? Thanks in advance, Rohan To add a secondary x-axis, you need a 2nd series. Once you add that, select the chart, then Chart | Chart Options... | Axes tab. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta, MS MVP -- Excel www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions In article <083701c3c3a5$e215b740$a301280a@phx.gbl...

Troubles retrieve activity columns.
Hi, I am trying retrieve activities, using CRMQuery or CRMActivitiy, selecting the activityid, subject, scheduledstart and scheduledend columns but these two last fields aren't retrieved. Can somebody help me? Why I can't retrieve this fields? Thank your for pay attention. []'s Vin�cius Pitta Lima de Ara�jo Now I know who the trouble is not the result. The retrieve method is work fine. The problem is load this into a dataset and after display all in a datagrid. []�s Vin�cius Pitta Lima de Ara�jo "Microsoft" <vinipitta@yahoo.com.br> escreveu na mensagem news:%2...

"My active .....
Hi Folks! the course Cutomer Relationship Management -Applicactions Professional says in its page 60: Records ownership controls the records viewed in the predefined view such as "My active leads", etc. however its page 243 says: Sharing a lead will allow other user to see the lead in "my active leads" and provide them acces to record.... I've tested sharing a lead to other user won't show this record on his "My active Leads" view according page 60. The question is how the user notices that a new lead was shared with him? TIA Alejandro Hol...

Porting issue from VC++.6 to VC++.NET
Hi, I am doing migration of MFC code from CV++.6 to VC++.NET . I found a difference between handing MFC "ON_COMMAND" message function prototype. In VC++ .6 the function prototype is BOOL FUN(WPARAM, LPARAM). But in VC++.NET the function prototype is void FUN ( ). My Question - How will I get wparam inside VC++.NET ?? I am giving the function which is compiled in VC++.6 BEGIN_MESSAGE_MAP( ON_COMMAND(IDC_COMBO, OnCommand) BOOL EditorCombo: OnCommand(WPARAM wParma, LPARAM lParma) { if(LOWORD(wParma == IDC_COMBO ) { switch(HIWORD(wParma)) ...

VC BUG
The code has problem, but comiplie ok! link ok void CMyDialog::OnOK() { extern CButton m_DLG1_IDOK_n; //m_DLG1_IDOK_n not exist CButton m_DLG1_IDOK; if(m_DLG1_IDOK_n.GetCheck == m_DLG1_IDOK.GetCheck) // Call function without (), like vb return; CDialog::OnOK(); } Envirment: XP + VC6.0 Bob wrote: > The code has problem, but comiplie ok! link ok > > void CMyDialog::OnOK() > { > extern CButton m_DLG1_IDOK_n; //m_DLG1_IDOK_n not exist > CButton m_DLG1_IDOK; > > if(m_DLG1_IDOK_n.GetCheck == m_DLG1_IDOK.GetCheck) // Call function > wi...

Store Names on X and Z Reports
After upgrading to 2.0.0123 when I print my X and Z reports they do not show with the store names at the top any more...Can anyone tell me how to fix this issue... Thanks Anthony Laidler Can anyone tell me how to update the x and z report receipt format so that it will show the name of the store at the time...Thanks and Happy Holidays. "Anthony Laidler" wrote: > After upgrading to 2.0.0123 when I print my X and Z reports they do not show > with the store names at the top any more...Can anyone tell me how to fix this > issue... > > Thanks > Anthony Laidler ...

Activation problem
I just downloaded the Visio 2007 Professional 60-day free trial. When Visio is launched, the Activation Wizard appears, with "Activate over the Internet" selected and "Activate by telephone" greyed out. When I click Next I get a "communication error" message. I called Microsoft and finally got bounced to their Activation Department, where I was told that the product cannot be activated over the Internet. However, the online activation documentation states that trial versions cannot be activated by telephone. I was then transferred to their technical department, w...

MFC code ... X button at top right of dialog/application no longer works
Hello. I've been modifying someone else's MFC code, and the X button at top right of dialog/application no longer works to close the app. What can I do to get this working again ? Thanks ! Look for OnClose(or OnSysCommand) in dialog/mainframe window and see whats going on there. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "pogo" <pogo@RequestEmailInNewsgroupOnly.com> wrote in message news:2XaMf.25377$UD1.12509@bignews2.bellsouth.net... > Hello. > I've been modifying someone else's MFC code, and the X button at top right > of dialog/application...

From VC++ pro to VC++ 2005?
I'm not a programmer by trade, but have gotten somewhat comfortable with VC++ 6 pro. Is it recommended to upgrade to VC++ 2005? Will VC++ 2005 make it easier for me to make sure that my applications remain compatible with Vista? What is your experience in changing from VC++ 6 to VC++ 2005? Any comments are appreciated. Harald "Harald" <Haraldnospamcollonia@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:NbdJh.11916$Jl.4186@newsread3.news.pas.earthlink.net... > I'm not a programmer by trade, but have gotten somewhat comfortable with > VC++ 6 pro. Is it recommended to...

Activity Error
While using the outlook client (1.2) under outlook 2000, while off-line, when a new phone or letter activity is created and then saved, we receive an error dialog box stating "An error has occurred. For more information, contact your system administrator" with try again or go back buttons. When I click try again, the same dialog reappears. When I click the go back, it takes us back to the activity screen and does not save the activity. Neither save or save and close work. We have not tried every activity, but the appointment does work properly. I have this problem on both of my ...

Leave a copy of messages on the server UNLESS bigger than X ?
I want to keep messages on my pop3 server for 30 days, but if I get an email with a big attachment larger than X bytes I want only that one downloaded to outlook and deleted immediately off the server so I don't fill up my quota. How can I acheive this? "Julius T." <jult@nousenetspam.net> wrote in message news:8BEjf.135860$S4.113851@edtnps84... >I want to keep messages on my pop3 server for 30 days, but if I get an >email with a big attachment larger than X bytes I want only that one >downloaded to outlook and deleted immediately off the server so I don...

how to iterate all controls of a CDialog
Hello Is there a way I can iterate all labels (CStatic objects) in a dialog? Thanks Vaclav >Is there a way I can iterate all labels (CStatic objects) in a dialog? Use EnumChildWindows, and check for the class name "STATIC" (use GetClassName) of the window in the callback. Dave -- MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq V�clav Jedli�ka wrote: >Hello > >Is there a way I can iterate all labels (CStatic objects) in a dialog? CWnd::GetWindow will let you iterate over all child windows. Less conveniently, there's ::EnumChildWindows. As for iterating over just th...

Controlling the Deletion of E-Mails
Hi Everyone, Does anyone know how I can stop users deleting e-mails from Exchange via Outlook. If so, can I set this up for a particular user rather it affecting everyone. Thanks On Fri, 22 Dec 2006 02:22:00 -0800, Edwin Brigdale <Edwin Brigdale@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi Everyone, > >Does anyone know how I can stop users deleting e-mails from Exchange via >Outlook. If so, can I set this up for a particular user rather it affecting >everyone. > >Thanks > No, you can't prevent your users from deleting email, and nor should you be able to...

Crystal Report XI in VC++ 6.0
Hi, I have an application written in VC++ 6.0 (native code). I want to call the reports created/saved in Crystal Report XI from my code. Can anybody help me in doing this ? Thanks in advance. ...

Controlling CD-RW drive via an API?
Can someone point me to a set of CD-RW drivers that I can install with my commercial package that I can control (monitor disk burn status, eject disk, etc.) via my low level routines? Any pointers with REAL experience in a shipping commercial produce is appreciated. Thanks! nero has a published and downloadable api that enables you to integrate the burn process. haven't tried it. Also, look IMAPI (windows XP native CD writing API) and DeviceIoControl API. With the latter you can eject discs. IMAPI is simple - perhaps too simple for you needs. I would expect that if your process di...

format text in x axis
I have category text in the x-axis that consists of information from two columns. When I format the text (rotate) only one of the two items is rotated, the other is unchanged. How can I make both rotate to the position I want? Thanks, ...

vc++6 program in vc++.net
How to write vc++ 6 program in vc++.net? > How to write vc++ 6 program in vc++.net? > You can't. If you mean 'how can I create non .NET applications' then you just have to select win32 or MFC projects when creating a new project. That way your code does not use the .NET framework, but the win32 and MFC api instead. These projects are equivalent to VC 6.0 projects. it is also not possible to convert vc++.net projects back to VC6.0. without manually creating the vc6 projects and manually porting the code. There are huge differences between VC 6.0 and VC 2003 and VC200...