VC 6.0 Class Wizard misbehaving. Help?

Hello -

Platform: Windows 98 Second Edition, Visual C++ 6.0.  The machine has 15
GB of disk available and 512M of RAM.

I'm working on a project and decide one more CEdit is needed on the
dialog.  So a standard edit dialog is placed and the identifier changed
to IDC_TIME_DELAY.  Then Class Wizard is brought up to assign a variable.

While IDC_TIME_DELAY shows up in the Message Maps list, it does not show
up in the Member Variables list.  Not at all.  I've tried deleting the
..NCB file and restarting VC.. and that does not help.

A little research through the MSDN and there is a hint that setting
files to read-only status will cause this behavior.

ATTRIB indicates all files are R/W.

Oh no.  If a member variable is deleted using Class Wizard, it can't be
put back.  The identifier does not appear in the list.  The "Add
Variable" button in the Member Variables list is greyed out.

I can't figure out how this happened.  Worse.. the workaround for this
is going to be a terrible time cost (having to cut and paste between two
VC windows, re-establishing and re-entering everything).

Help?  Please?  What would cause VC to suddenly decide that seemingly
valid controls can't be assigned variables?  Is there a fix?  Is there
something in the Studio that can check a project for consistancy and
display problems?

Regards,

Mark

0
m.arkb (1)
10/19/2004 2:56:23 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Mark Becker wrote:
> Hello -
>
> Platform: Windows 98 Second Edition, Visual C++ 6.0.  The machine has 15
> GB of disk available and 512M of RAM.
>
> I'm working on a project and decide one more CEdit is needed on the
> dialog.  So a standard edit dialog is placed and the identifier changed
> to IDC_TIME_DELAY.  Then Class Wizard is brought up to assign a variable.
>
> While IDC_TIME_DELAY shows up in the Message Maps list, it does not show
> up in the Member Variables list.  Not at all.  I've tried deleting the
> .NCB file and restarting VC.. and that does not help.
>
> A little research through the MSDN and there is a hint that setting
> files to read-only status will cause this behavior.
>
> ATTRIB indicates all files are R/W.
>
> Oh no.  If a member variable is deleted using Class Wizard, it can't be
> put back.  The identifier does not appear in the list.  The "Add
> Variable" button in the Member Variables list is greyed out.
>
> I can't figure out how this happened.  Worse.. the workaround for this
> is going to be a terrible time cost (having to cut and paste between two
> VC windows, re-establishing and re-entering everything).
>
> Help?  Please?  What would cause VC to suddenly decide that seemingly
> valid controls can't be assigned variables?  Is there a fix?  Is there
> something in the Studio that can check a project for consistancy and
> display problems?
>
> Regards,
>
> Mark

Try closing VC, delete the project's .clw file, then open VC and display
the wizard dialog.  It will rebuild the wizard data set.

Also examine resource.h and check for duplicate ID values within the
same dialog.  You can hand-edit the ID values if necessary.

--
Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP]

0
Scott
10/19/2004 5:26:30 AM
"Scott McPhillips [MVP]" wrote:

>> Mark Becker wrote:
>>
>> [ Weird problem with VC 6.0 losing variables assigned to dialogs ]
>

> Try closing VC, delete the project's .clw file, then open VC and display
> the wizard dialog.  It will rebuild the wizard data set.

It WORKED!  What a relief!  <whew>  Scott, THANK YOU.

> Also examine resource.h and check for duplicate ID values within the
> same dialog.  You can hand-edit the ID values if necessary.

This might be obvious to others.. but I missed out on how the ID values
relate to ID's defined at the end of a resource.h file.

_APS_NEXT_RESOURCE_VALUE is related how to IDS_ and IDR_ ?
_APS_NEXT_COMMAND_VALUE appears to be associated with menubars?
_APS_NEXT_CONTROL_VALUE appears to be associated with IDC's?
_APS_NEXT_SYMED_VALUE   appears associated with IDS_ and IDR values.

Scott, again.. thank you.

Regards,

Mark
0
mbecker (2)
10/19/2004 11:27:20 PM
And you can always add a member variable "by hand"; it is a bit clumsy but cut-and-paste
works wonders.
				joe

On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 00:26:30 -0500, "Scott McPhillips [MVP]" <org-dot-mvps-at-scottmcp>
wrote:

>Mark Becker wrote:
>> Hello -
>>
>> Platform: Windows 98 Second Edition, Visual C++ 6.0.  The machine has 15
>> GB of disk available and 512M of RAM.
>>
>> I'm working on a project and decide one more CEdit is needed on the
>> dialog.  So a standard edit dialog is placed and the identifier changed
>> to IDC_TIME_DELAY.  Then Class Wizard is brought up to assign a variable.
>>
>> While IDC_TIME_DELAY shows up in the Message Maps list, it does not show
>> up in the Member Variables list.  Not at all.  I've tried deleting the
>> .NCB file and restarting VC.. and that does not help.
>>
>> A little research through the MSDN and there is a hint that setting
>> files to read-only status will cause this behavior.
>>
>> ATTRIB indicates all files are R/W.
>>
>> Oh no.  If a member variable is deleted using Class Wizard, it can't be
>> put back.  The identifier does not appear in the list.  The "Add
>> Variable" button in the Member Variables list is greyed out.
>>
>> I can't figure out how this happened.  Worse.. the workaround for this
>> is going to be a terrible time cost (having to cut and paste between two
>> VC windows, re-establishing and re-entering everything).
>>
>> Help?  Please?  What would cause VC to suddenly decide that seemingly
>> valid controls can't be assigned variables?  Is there a fix?  Is there
>> something in the Studio that can check a project for consistancy and
>> display problems?
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Mark
>>

>Try closing VC, delete the project's .clw file, then open VC and display
>the wizard dialog.  It will rebuild the wizard data set.
>
>Also examine resource.h and check for duplicate ID values within the
>same dialog.  You can hand-edit the ID values if necessary.

Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
newcomer (15973)
10/19/2004 11:58:49 PM
Mark Becker wrote:
> This might be obvious to others.. but I missed out on how the ID values
> relate to ID's defined at the end of a resource.h file.
>
> _APS_NEXT_RESOURCE_VALUE is related how to IDS_ and IDR_ ?
> _APS_NEXT_COMMAND_VALUE appears to be associated with menubars?
> _APS_NEXT_CONTROL_VALUE appears to be associated with IDC's?
> _APS_NEXT_SYMED_VALUE   appears associated with IDS_ and IDR values.
>
> Scott, again.. thank you.
>
> Regards,
>
> Mark

Glad the fix worked well out for you, Mark.

When you add controls, menu commands, etc. VC assigns a value to the new
item's ID.  That stuff at the end of resource.h is just VC's private
little storage for what value to use next for the various types of IDs
that it creates.

--
Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP]

0
Scott
10/20/2004 2:24:57 AM
"Joseph M. Newcomer" wrote:

> And you can always add a member variable "by hand"; it is a bit
> clumsy but cut-and-paste works wonders.

I did this a couple of times when the problem started to manifest
itself.  Bothered me some when ClassWizard started deleting manually
inserted variables.. started wondering when it was going to start eating
code.

Has anyone seen something that might be a 'consistancy' checker for
projects in VC?  The aftermath of all this has been VC hiccuping on some
declarations.

Regards,

Mark
0
mbecker (2)
10/22/2004 4:26:23 PM
On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 12:26:23 -0400, Mark Becker <mbecker@rmdinc.com> wrote:

>"Joseph M. Newcomer" wrote:
>>
>> And you can always add a member variable "by hand"; it is a bit
>> clumsy but cut-and-paste works wonders.
>>

>I did this a couple of times when the problem started to manifest
>itself.  Bothered me some when ClassWizard started deleting manually
>inserted variables.. started wondering when it was going to start eating
>code.
>
>Has anyone seen something that might be a 'consistancy' checker for
>projects in VC?  The aftermath of all this has been VC hiccuping on some
>declarations.
>
>Regards,
>
>Mark

When You add something manually, make sure to do ot outside the comment lines

//{{AFX_...

//}}AFX_ ...

which are tags for ClassWizard. Anything between these two commentlines belongs to ClassWizard,

/Ruben

0
ruben4008 (24)

To use xml files in vc++ resource editor..
Hi..please tell how to use xml files in vc++ resource editor so that we can access it from our application..Thanks What exactly you goin gto do with that XML file -- With Regards Alok Gupta Visit me at http://alok.bizhat.com "I think this will Help" "Mncyb2004" <Mncyb2004@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FBC6EF97-1B6F-4012-9FAA-6B437EBC0AD8@microsoft.com... > Hi..please tell how to use xml files in vc++ resource editor so that we can > access it from our application..Thanks The question is a little vague. Do you...

6 Million People Are Anxious To Pay You $6 each!!
Take a look at this Great Opportunity! Finally an Opportunity that Pays! Earn an income for the rest of your life! 6 Million People Are Anxious To Pay You $6 each!! That's $36,000,000.00 Waiting For YOU! This product that virtually sells itself. $6 BY SIX MILLIONS combines reprint rights and 100% commissions into one incredible package. http://6by6million.biz/ruther/ --- MAF Anti-Spam ID: 20061230074253A9v7ZrF5 ----== Posted via Newsfeeds.Com - Unlimited-Unrestricted-Secure Usenet News==---- http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! >100,000 Newsgroups ---= ...

GP 8.0 E-Mailing using Non-Acrobat PDF Writer
We are using GP 8.0 and would like to send e-mails as a PDF instead of Plain Text. We are using deskPDF which works will all other MS applications without any problems – however when we try to use GP the PDF e-mail option it remains grayed out. How dose GP know that a PDFWriter of some type is installed? Is there a registry hack or some ini file we can modify to get GP to recognize deskPDF’s printer. Also we are using GP on a Citrix Terminal Server and I just checked the price for Acrobat Elements – the smallest amount you can order is 100 units at $37.00 or rather $3700 – deskPDF is...

.net 3.0 on GP 7.5?
I need to know if the .net 3.0 framework will "break" GP 7.5. .net 3.0 is necessary for another application which will be running on the same machine. I cannot find an answer on Partnersource or various other resources that I've looked into. 7.5 is not supported by Microsoft anymore... Any insight would be much appreciated! Dear, You can export the data from the first company using SmartList, and use Integration Manager or Macro's to import the transactions into the other company, please let me know if you need any help in either ways. Regards, -- Mohammad R. Daou...

DAO 3.50 and VC++7
Can I force VC++7.0 to use DAO 3.50 or 3.51 instead of 3.60? In VC++6.0 we could set the DAO verion using something similar to: AfxGetModuleState()->m_dwVersion = 0x0421 This does not appear to work in VC++7.0 as no matter what this is set to DAO 3.6 is always loaded. We would like to do this as we hold binary data in MS Access memo fields and this appears to get converted. We can move the data to an OLE type field but this is not conveninet for backwards compatibility. Peter, Are you creating a new database at run time and attempting to re-create the 'old' schema, or ...

Please help
When I delete an email from the list of emails on the left sometimes it deletes an additional email right below it, it doesn't happen all the time and the only thin that I can do to make it happen is to open both emails separately then when I delete one from the list on the left it will delete another one and I don't always notice it so I am deleting emails that I don't want to and don't realize until later, also sometimes when I reply to email it will create a blank draft in the background that I don't realize is there unless I quit entourage ...

CRM 4.0: Error while saving contact.
I have a clean deployment of CRM 4.0, and failed with below scenario: 1. Created a new account. (Account1) 2. Created another account and saved without closing. (Account2) 3. Clicked the Contacts tab on the navigation pane and created new contact (Contact A) 4. Saved and closed Contact A. No errors. 5. Opened Contact A. Changed Account2 to Account1 in Account lookup field. It gave me an error after saving: "No Attribute". This error also occurs when I try to add an existing Contact in the Account Screen. Below is the error details that i extracted from the Trace Log. Crm Exceptio...

Export Purchase Order to Excel in RMS 2.0
I am trying to export a PO from RMS 2.0 to Excel 2003 for one of my clients.. When I do so, it creates the export file, but when I go intoit in Excel it is empty. I have installed Excel on the POS and tried it, again same result. It is happening with each work station in the network. I have created a new database on a PC and attaced locally with the same result. I have re-installed RMS on one PC and tried again, no luck. However, when I connect my lap top to the newtwork and point it to the client's database and export their po to my lap top running Exel 2003, it works!!! I have no...

vc++ #6
how do we can link our header file (*.h)? header files are not linked. they are normally included with a c/c++ file during compilation. object files and libraries are linked. "m" <paridar@azadinet.net> wrote in message news:OqfcbLqVEHA.1952@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > how do we can link our header file (*.h)? > > m, > how do we can link our header file (*.h)? By including them in your source files (*.c or *c.pp) and compiling, then linking the source files. -- Jonathan Wood SoftCircuits http://www.softcircuits.com Available for consulting: http://www.softc...

FRx 6.7 error with V10
All: We seem to be getting an error now with FRx v6.7 since upgrading to V10 (anyway I am assuming this, the error starting happening after the upgrade) We get the following error message: The output file could not be created because the destinatino folder does not exist o cannot be access from the Report Server. If we go to the output section, and put in a path, then the report works fine. We have a shared FRx directory on the network. thanks Doug -- Doug ...

If function confused with 0.1
Hi, I have set up the following If function to determine if the answer to a simple subtraction of two decimal numbers is 0.1. =IF(C1=0.1,"yes","no") The calculation is merely C1=A1-B1 However, for some calculations it is giving the answer "no" when the answer is clearly 0.1! 1.7-1.6 gives a no response as does 1.4-1.3. Interestingly, from 4.1-4 all answers are no! Hope someone can help Cheers Chris, It's all to do with the way Excel does arithmetic. If you do you sum 1.7-1.6 and expand the formula cell to 9 decimal places y...

CRM 4.0 Connector for GP 10.0
I have found CRM 3.0 connector for GP 9.0. But, i didnt come accross any CRM 4.0 Connector for GP 10.0. Can anyone suggest me what to do now for integerating these two dynamics' products. Hi Jawad, The GP 10 and CRM 40 connector is not availble yet. If you are looking to integrate the two products together, you may try to use a 3rd party product like Scribe. Thye do have a solution for integrating the two products. Darren Liu, Microsoft CRM MVP Crowe CRM http://www.crowecrm.com On Dec 30 2008, 8:48=A0am, Jawad Shafi <Jawad Sh...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have fou...

Template Wizard
Hi I've created a form template that copies worksheet data to a database using template wizard. It creates the records, but when I go back into the record to update it, it does not give me the option of updating existing record, only options I get are "create new record" or "continue without updating". How do I correct this? Note: the database contains multiple sheets which updates without problem when new record is created. ...

how to convert a VC program to service???
I wrote a program.I want to run the program by using windows NT service.how to convert a VC program to service???This program is not GUI based...Its only MFC program.... Read about how to write a service. There are some kludges, but nothing substitutes for doing the job right and simply writing it as a service. Note that there can be no output, such as printf, coming from the app, since it cannot appear anywhere. joe On 1 Jan 2007 21:00:29 -0800, "meenu" <mnair.lekshmi@gmail.com> wrote: >I wrote a program.I want to run the program by using windows NT >service.h...

=countif(with two set of ranges; ">0")
This is my formula =COUNTIF(E11:E18;">0") I also need to add in range of E23:E50 I am not sure how to do it or is it possible to do. thanks in advance for your help Hi, Note i've changed ; to , for my version of Excel so change it back for yours:- =COUNTIF(E11:E18,">0")+COUNTIF(E23:E50,">0") Mike "Jontie" wrote: > This is my formula =COUNTIF(E11:E18;">0") I also need to add in range > of E23:E50 I am not sure how to do it or is it possible to do. thanks > in advance for your help > On Dec 16, 4:36 am, Mike ...

Porting issue from VC++.6 to VC++.NET
Hi, I am doing migration of MFC code from CV++.6 to VC++.NET . I found a difference between handing MFC "ON_COMMAND" message function prototype. In VC++ .6 the function prototype is BOOL FUN(WPARAM, LPARAM). But in VC++.NET the function prototype is void FUN ( ). My Question - How will I get wparam inside VC++.NET ?? I am giving the function which is compiled in VC++.6 BEGIN_MESSAGE_MAP( ON_COMMAND(IDC_COMBO, OnCommand) BOOL EditorCombo: OnCommand(WPARAM wParma, LPARAM lParma) { if(LOWORD(wParma == IDC_COMBO ) { switch(HIWORD(wParma)) ...

CRM 4.0
Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong? I'm not able to translate all labels with the “export labels for translation” function and Microsoft Excel. a. When exporting translations and adding translations in the language specific column (1033 / English in my situation) not all labels get translated. Most labels get translated, but for example the following did not: i. ‘Beheer’ --> ‘Administration’ (Name of a tab on the Task entity ii. ‘Interne gegevens’ à ‘Internal Information’ (Name of a section on many different enti...

VC BUG
The code has problem, but comiplie ok! link ok void CMyDialog::OnOK() { extern CButton m_DLG1_IDOK_n; //m_DLG1_IDOK_n not exist CButton m_DLG1_IDOK; if(m_DLG1_IDOK_n.GetCheck == m_DLG1_IDOK.GetCheck) // Call function without (), like vb return; CDialog::OnOK(); } Envirment: XP + VC6.0 Bob wrote: > The code has problem, but comiplie ok! link ok > > void CMyDialog::OnOK() > { > extern CButton m_DLG1_IDOK_n; //m_DLG1_IDOK_n not exist > CButton m_DLG1_IDOK; > > if(m_DLG1_IDOK_n.GetCheck == m_DLG1_IDOK.GetCheck) // Call function > wi...

Problem #6
Has anybody ever seen an error message (0x800cccF6) message? I cannot configure my Outlook to retrieve Hotmail. Works with other profiles on this computer running winxp. >-----Original Message----- >Has anybody ever seen an error message (0x800cccF6) message? I cannot >configure my Outlook to retrieve Hotmail. Works with other profiles on this >computer running winxp. >. > Read this: http://www.vnunet.com/news/1158429 ...

Tips on integration between Axapta 3.0 and CRM needed.
Hello! I'm quite new to MS Axapta and MS CRM. I have a question about integration between MS Axapta and MS CRM. Is it possible to achive it directly without MS Biztalk? It would be a great help for me to get any useful links on this topic. Thank you in advance! Hi, this might be possible. depends on how you want to achieve that. if you can output the data to a file (xml,csv), you use Scribe or your own application to pick up that file and put that into CRM. Darren Liu Crowe Chizek and Company www.crowecrm.com golotan@yahoo.com wrote: > Hello! > > I'm quite new to MS...

From VC++ pro to VC++ 2005?
I'm not a programmer by trade, but have gotten somewhat comfortable with VC++ 6 pro. Is it recommended to upgrade to VC++ 2005? Will VC++ 2005 make it easier for me to make sure that my applications remain compatible with Vista? What is your experience in changing from VC++ 6 to VC++ 2005? Any comments are appreciated. Harald "Harald" <Haraldnospamcollonia@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:NbdJh.11916$Jl.4186@newsread3.news.pas.earthlink.net... > I'm not a programmer by trade, but have gotten somewhat comfortable with > VC++ 6 pro. Is it recommended to...

Upgrade OS from NT 4.0 to W2K
Here's the question that we need to upgrade the OS from NT 4.0 to W2K server, but we still stay at Exchange 5.5. I had searched from Microsoft Knowleage base, it seems there's (2) ways to finish that task, first install the BDC and Exchange 5.5 then upgrade it to W2K. Second using ADMT to migrate the users informatin to W2K and migrate exchange 5.5 data from old to new machine. But how to implement the migrate the Exchange 5.5 from old machine to the new machine without any break, I really dont have any ideal about that, could anybody help to present detailed steps. thanks. B....

CRM 3.0 - Activity Duration not saving first time
Hello, All of sudden 10 days ago when we go to save an activity the duration is not saving, the field is actually NULL in the database... Here is the kicker, if you open back up the activity you can select the duration again and then save, AND it actually saves. Any Ideas? Thanks so much in advance. Dan ...

Referencing .NET 2.0 but end result uses .NET 3.5
I'm using DevStudio 2005 and I have a project that references System.dll ver 2.0.50727 and I accidentally compiled code that used an overload that only exists in version 3.5 because my intellisense showed it. I tried to compile it on another machine that never had the .NET 3.5 install and it wouldn't compile and the intellisense had that version of the overload yet both references looked identical; looking at ver 2.0 of System.dll The method in question was WaitHandle.WaitOne. ..NET 2.0 WaitOne() WaitOne(Int32, Boolean) WaitOne(TimeSpan, Boolean) ..NET 3.5 WaitOne...

Adding wizard functions?
Hi, I created a calendar from a template but with substantial changes. How can I modify this document so that the "calendar options" function works with my new document? Keyboardhead wrote: > Hi, > I created a calendar from a template but with substantial changes. > How can I modify this document so that the "calendar options" > function works with my new document? You can't add calendar wizard functions to a custom publication. Wizards are proprietary and require you to use existing templates. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publi...