VC++ MFC to VC++ 7.0 w/ MFC 7

------=_NextPart_000_002E_01C3D9AD.F0EEB050

I'm in the process of moving my code base to Visual Studio .Net 2003 =
using VC++ w MFC 7.0.  The code complies correctly but the linker is not =
resolving what appears to be CString entry points, e.g.,=20

CookieField.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: =
void __thiscall CString::MakeLower(void)" (?MakeLower@CString@@QAEXXZ) =
referenced in function "protected: void __thiscall =
CCookieField::OnSelchangeCookieform(void)" =
(?OnSelchangeCookieform@CCookieField@@IAEXXZ)

PhoneValid.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: void =
__thiscall CString::MakeLower(void)" (?MakeLower@CString@@QAEXXZ)

CookieField.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: =
__thiscall CString::CString(unsigned short const *)" =
(??0CString@@QAE@PBG@Z) referenced in function "protected: void =
__thiscall CCookieField::OnSelchangeCookieform(void)" =
(?OnSelchangeCookieform@CCookieField@@IAEXXZ)

DLGHTML.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: =
__thiscall CString::CString(unsigned short const *)" =
(??0CString@@QAE@PBG@Z) referenced in function "public: virtual int =
__thiscall CHtmlDialog::DoModal(void)" (?DoModal@CHtmlDialog@@UAEHXZ)

PhoneValid.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: =
__thiscall CString::CString(unsigned short const *)" =
(??0CString@@QAE@PBG@Z)

CookieField.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: =
class COleVariant const & __thiscall COleVariant::operator=3D(class =
CString const &)" (??4COleVariant@@QAEABV0@ABVCString@@@Z) referenced in =
function "protected: void __thiscall =
CCookieField::OnSelchangeCookieform(void)" =
(?OnSelchangeCookieform@CCookieField@@IAEXXZ)

PhoneValid.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: =
class COleVariant const & __thiscall COleVariant::operator=3D(class =
CString const &)" (??4COleVariant@@QAEABV0@ABVCString@@@Z) referenced in =
function "protected: virtual int __thiscall =
CPhoneValid::OnInitDialog(void)" (?OnInitDialog@CPhoneValid@@MAEHXZ)

What am I missing here? I've read all the information I can find on =
moving to MFC 7.0 and I can not find any thing that address this.

TIA,

Mike -- FrontPage MVP '97 - '02

------=_NextPart_000_002E_01C3D9AD.F0EEB050

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I'm in the process of moving my code =
base to Visual=20
Studio .Net 2003 using VC++ w MFC 7.0.&nbsp; The code complies correctly =
but the=20
linker is not resolving what appears to be CString entry points, e.g.,=20
</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D1>
<P>CookieField.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: =
void=20
__thiscall CString::MakeLower(void)" (?MakeLower@CString@@QAEXXZ) =
referenced in=20
function "protected: void __thiscall =
CCookieField::OnSelchangeCookieform(void)"=20
(?OnSelchangeCookieform@CCookieField@@IAEXXZ)</P>
<P>PhoneValid.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: =
void=20
__thiscall CString::MakeLower(void)" (?MakeLower@CString@@QAEXXZ)</P>
<P>CookieField.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public:=20
__thiscall CString::CString(unsigned short const *)" =
(??0CString@@QAE@PBG@Z)=20
referenced in function "protected: void __thiscall=20
CCookieField::OnSelchangeCookieform(void)"=20
(?OnSelchangeCookieform@CCookieField@@IAEXXZ)</P>
<P>DLGHTML.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: =
__thiscall=20
CString::CString(unsigned short const *)" (??0CString@@QAE@PBG@Z) =
referenced in=20
function "public: virtual int __thiscall CHtmlDialog::DoModal(void)"=20
(?DoModal@CHtmlDialog@@UAEHXZ)</P>
<P>PhoneValid.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public:=20
__thiscall CString::CString(unsigned short const *)" =
(??0CString@@QAE@PBG@Z)</P>
<P>CookieField.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: =
class=20
COleVariant const &amp; __thiscall COleVariant::operator=3D(class =
CString const=20
&amp;)" (??4COleVariant@@QAEABV0@ABVCString@@@Z) referenced in function=20
"protected: void __thiscall CCookieField::OnSelchangeCookieform(void)"=20
(?OnSelchangeCookieform@CCookieField@@IAEXXZ)</P>
<P>PhoneValid.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: =
class=20
COleVariant const &amp; __thiscall COleVariant::operator=3D(class =
CString const=20
&amp;)" (??4COleVariant@@QAEABV0@ABVCString@@@Z) referenced in function=20
"protected: virtual int __thiscall CPhoneValid::OnInitDialog(void)"=20
(?OnInitDialog@CPhoneValid@@MAEHXZ)</P>
<P><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>What am I missing here? I've read all the =
information=20
I can find on moving to MFC 7.0 and I can not find any thing that =
address=20
this.</FONT></P>
<P><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</P>
<P><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>TIA,</FONT></P>
<P><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</P>
<P><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Mike -- FrontPage MVP '97 - =
'02</FONT></P>
<P><FONT face=3DArial =
size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</P></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_002E_01C3D9AD.F0EEB050--

0
none89 (807)
1/13/2004 2:19:19 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

what type of project was the vc 7 one originally? mfc? non-mfc?
did you port code by opening project? or by just copying over source?

it looks like something simple, you're not including the string lib file for
linkage (check libs linked in project from old project and compare with libs
linked into new vs.net 2003)

"MD WebsUnlimited.com" <none@none.com> wrote in message
[...]

CookieField.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: class
COleVariant const & __thiscall COleVariant::operator=(class CString const
&)" (??4COleVariant@@QAEABV0@ABVCString@@@Z) referenced in function
"protected: void __thiscall CCookieField::OnSelchangeCookieform(void)"
(?OnSelchangeCookieform@CCookieField@@IAEXXZ)
PhoneValid.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: class
COleVariant const & __thiscall COleVariant::operator=(class CString const
&)" (??4COleVariant@@QAEABV0@ABVCString@@@Z) referenced in function
"protected: virtual int __thiscall CPhoneValid::OnInitDialog(void)"
(?OnInitDialog@CPhoneValid@@MAEHXZ)
What am I missing here? I've read all the information I can find on moving
to MFC 7.0 and I can not find any thing that address this.

TIA,

Mike -- FrontPage MVP '97 - '02

Call stored procedure in mfc
Hi guys, does anyone know how to call stored procedure in MFC using ODBC connection? Please help me step by step, because i am kind of new to this. Thanks for your help. Krish Executing Stroed Procedure is no different than executing any SQL statement. Some ODBC drivers like to have SP parameters passed in a certain way. Look at Codeguru/Codeproject for samples for MFC/ODBC. MSDN also has samples of MFC database classes. Following is the link to database section of Codeguru: http://www.codeguru.com/Cpp/data/mfc_database/ ------------------- Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com krish_jasmi...

Migrating from ACT/Eudora to Outlook 2003 w/ BCM
I'm in the process of migrating from ACT/Eudora to Outlook 2003 with Business Contact Manager. ACT is very Account/Company focused and I'm trying to easily display the same sort info in Outlook. Is there a way to: 1) Outlook Calendar - Display the Contact and Company associated with the event on the Calendar? Right now, it only displays the subject of the event. I don't want to have to type the Contact/Company into the subject line each time to view it without having to drill down. 2) Outlook Tasks - Automatically link the Contact for a Task with their Company and display th...

How to share printer connected to Windows 7 pc with a pc using Vista ?
I have upgraded to Windows 7 and now face the problem that no one else but myself can use the printer. Before I had a home network setup and all other pc's connected via wireless network to print. How to I setup just the printer so others can use it ? Jason, Have you enabled printer sharing in Network and Sharing Center? Have you shared your printer already? Carlos "Jason" wrote: > I have upgraded to Windows 7 and now face the problem that no one else but > myself can use the printer. > > Before I had a home network setup and all other pc&...

To use xml files in vc++ resource editor..
Hi..please tell how to use xml files in vc++ resource editor so that we can access it from our application..Thanks What exactly you goin gto do with that XML file -- With Regards Alok Gupta Visit me at http://alok.bizhat.com "I think this will Help" "Mncyb2004" <Mncyb2004@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FBC6EF97-1B6F-4012-9FAA-6B437EBC0AD8@microsoft.com... > Hi..please tell how to use xml files in vc++ resource editor so that we can > access it from our application..Thanks The question is a little vague. Do you...

vc++ #6
how do we can link our header file (*.h)? header files are not linked. they are normally included with a c/c++ file during compilation. object files and libraries are linked. "m" <paridar@azadinet.net> wrote in message news:OqfcbLqVEHA.1952@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > how do we can link our header file (*.h)? > > m, > how do we can link our header file (*.h)? By including them in your source files (*.c or *c.pp) and compiling, then linking the source files. -- Jonathan Wood SoftCircuits http://www.softcircuits.com Available for consulting: http://www.softc...

how to create a console while MFC is running?
Hi, I want to show some information of an application. Anyone knows how to dump a console while the major MFC application is running? Thanks in advance Jack see AllocConsole() "Jacky Luk" <jl@knight.com> wrote in message news:Olm2pwV3GHA.4164@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hi, > I want to show some information of an application. > Anyone knows how to dump a console while the major MFC application is > running? > Thanks in advance > Jack > ...

.net 3.0 on GP 7.5?
I need to know if the .net 3.0 framework will "break" GP 7.5. .net 3.0 is necessary for another application which will be running on the same machine. I cannot find an answer on Partnersource or various other resources that I've looked into. 7.5 is not supported by Microsoft anymore... Any insight would be much appreciated! Dear, You can export the data from the first company using SmartList, and use Integration Manager or Macro's to import the transactions into the other company, please let me know if you need any help in either ways. Regards, -- Mohammad R. Daou...

DAO 3.50 and VC++7
Can I force VC++7.0 to use DAO 3.50 or 3.51 instead of 3.60? In VC++6.0 we could set the DAO verion using something similar to: AfxGetModuleState()->m_dwVersion = 0x0421 This does not appear to work in VC++7.0 as no matter what this is set to DAO 3.6 is always loaded. We would like to do this as we hold binary data in MS Access memo fields and this appears to get converted. We can move the data to an OLE type field but this is not conveninet for backwards compatibility. Peter, Are you creating a new database at run time and attempting to re-create the 'old' schema, or ...

Give up MFC???
If I choose to start using C++ managed code ( so I can incorporate C# libraries ) do I really have to give up using the MFC library??? Arrrrg!!! When I start a new project selecting managed C++, and try to add a class, it won't let me use an MFC base class.... Ron H. ----------------- www.Newsgroup-Binaries.com - *Completion*Retention*Speed* Access your favorite newsgroups from home or on the road ----------------- "Ron H." <rnh@mmm.com> wrote in message news:46b21891$0$32330$8d2e0cab@news.newsgroup-binaries.com... > If I choose to start using C++ managed code ...

If function confused with 0.1
Hi, I have set up the following If function to determine if the answer to a simple subtraction of two decimal numbers is 0.1. =IF(C1=0.1,"yes","no") The calculation is merely C1=A1-B1 However, for some calculations it is giving the answer "no" when the answer is clearly 0.1! 1.7-1.6 gives a no response as does 1.4-1.3. Interestingly, from 4.1-4 all answers are no! Hope someone can help Cheers Chris, It's all to do with the way Excel does arithmetic. If you do you sum 1.7-1.6 and expand the formula cell to 9 decimal places y...

CRM 4.0 Connector for GP 10.0
I have found CRM 3.0 connector for GP 9.0. But, i didnt come accross any CRM 4.0 Connector for GP 10.0. Can anyone suggest me what to do now for integerating these two dynamics' products. Hi Jawad, The GP 10 and CRM 40 connector is not availble yet. If you are looking to integrate the two products together, you may try to use a 3rd party product like Scribe. Thye do have a solution for integrating the two products. Darren Liu, Microsoft CRM MVP Crowe CRM http://www.crowecrm.com On Dec 30 2008, 8:48=A0am, Jawad Shafi <Jawad Sh...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have fou...

how to convert a VC program to service???
I wrote a program.I want to run the program by using windows NT service.how to convert a VC program to service???This program is not GUI based...Its only MFC program.... Read about how to write a service. There are some kludges, but nothing substitutes for doing the job right and simply writing it as a service. Note that there can be no output, such as printf, coming from the app, since it cannot appear anywhere. joe On 1 Jan 2007 21:00:29 -0800, "meenu" <mnair.lekshmi@gmail.com> wrote: >I wrote a program.I want to run the program by using windows NT >service.h...

=countif(with two set of ranges; ">0")
This is my formula =COUNTIF(E11:E18;">0") I also need to add in range of E23:E50 I am not sure how to do it or is it possible to do. thanks in advance for your help Hi, Note i've changed ; to , for my version of Excel so change it back for yours:- =COUNTIF(E11:E18,">0")+COUNTIF(E23:E50,">0") Mike "Jontie" wrote: > This is my formula =COUNTIF(E11:E18;">0") I also need to add in range > of E23:E50 I am not sure how to do it or is it possible to do. thanks > in advance for your help > On Dec 16, 4:36 am, Mike ...

XPath #7
What is a valid XPath Statement to retrieve the data found within the CDATA tag below? Using the XPath statement "/oid" returns "" <oid><![CDATA[66257512]]></oid> Chris Fink wrote: > What is a valid XPath Statement to retrieve the data found within the CDATA > tag below? > Using the XPath statement "/oid" returns "" > <oid><![CDATA[66257512]]></oid> There is no CDATA in XPath data model. XPath treats CDATA as ordinary text node. /oid should work, as well as /oid/text() -- Oleg Tkachenko [XML MVP, MCP...

Visual Studio 7 project subfolders #3
I know this may not be the exact group to ask this in, but in VS6.0 I used to be able to create subfolders within a project to keep my classes divided up conveniently. I just got VS7, however, and i can't seem to find any way to create subfolders. I can create subfolders for an entire SOLUTION, but not within a project. Am I missing or forgetting something here? Thanks! Duy Lam ...

Porting issue from VC++.6 to VC++.NET
Hi, I am doing migration of MFC code from CV++.6 to VC++.NET . I found a difference between handing MFC "ON_COMMAND" message function prototype. In VC++ .6 the function prototype is BOOL FUN(WPARAM, LPARAM). But in VC++.NET the function prototype is void FUN ( ). My Question - How will I get wparam inside VC++.NET ?? I am giving the function which is compiled in VC++.6 BEGIN_MESSAGE_MAP( ON_COMMAND(IDC_COMBO, OnCommand) BOOL EditorCombo: OnCommand(WPARAM wParma, LPARAM lParma) { if(LOWORD(wParma == IDC_COMBO ) { switch(HIWORD(wParma)) ...

Windows 7 and Internet Explorer
I currently am using Windows 7 and IE 8. I am having problems with some programs and want to downgrade to IE 7. Will Windows 7 support IE7?? On Wed, 24 Feb 2010 12:44:11 -0800, Hygo <Hygo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I currently am using Windows 7 and IE 8. I am having problems with some >programs and want to downgrade to IE 7. Will Windows 7 support IE7?? You're asking in the wrong place - this is a forum for Microsoft Access - but I would guess that Windows 7 will support any release of IE. -- John W. Vinson [MVP] ...

VC BUG
The code has problem, but comiplie ok! link ok void CMyDialog::OnOK() { extern CButton m_DLG1_IDOK_n; //m_DLG1_IDOK_n not exist CButton m_DLG1_IDOK; if(m_DLG1_IDOK_n.GetCheck == m_DLG1_IDOK.GetCheck) // Call function without (), like vb return; CDialog::OnOK(); } Envirment: XP + VC6.0 Bob wrote: > The code has problem, but comiplie ok! link ok > > void CMyDialog::OnOK() > { > extern CButton m_DLG1_IDOK_n; //m_DLG1_IDOK_n not exist > CButton m_DLG1_IDOK; > > if(m_DLG1_IDOK_n.GetCheck == m_DLG1_IDOK.GetCheck) // Call function > wi...

Tips on integration between Axapta 3.0 and CRM needed.
Hello! I'm quite new to MS Axapta and MS CRM. I have a question about integration between MS Axapta and MS CRM. Is it possible to achive it directly without MS Biztalk? It would be a great help for me to get any useful links on this topic. Thank you in advance! Hi, this might be possible. depends on how you want to achieve that. if you can output the data to a file (xml,csv), you use Scribe or your own application to pick up that file and put that into CRM. Darren Liu Crowe Chizek and Company www.crowecrm.com golotan@yahoo.com wrote: > Hello! > > I'm quite new to MS...

MFC code ... X button at top right of dialog/application no longer works
Hello. I've been modifying someone else's MFC code, and the X button at top right of dialog/application no longer works to close the app. What can I do to get this working again ? Thanks ! Look for OnClose(or OnSysCommand) in dialog/mainframe window and see whats going on there. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "pogo" <pogo@RequestEmailInNewsgroupOnly.com> wrote in message news:2XaMf.25377$UD1.12509@bignews2.bellsouth.net... > Hello. > I've been modifying someone else's MFC code, and the X button at top right > of dialog/application...

Money online features stop working with IE 7.0 beta
A reported bug. They are looking for a fix. None of the online features work with IE 7.0 installed. Have to take it off in Add/Remove Programs and go back to IE version 6. Really liked IE 7.0 but can't do online banking. Oh, well. Have you tried Mozilla Firefox? It is extensible and loaded with features. I rarely use IE. I use IE if and when I might encounter Java problems at some site. arthur == On Sat, 29 Apr 2006 20:11:43 -0500, "Jim Seidel" <seidel_jk@sbcglobal.net> wrote: >A reported bug. They are looking for a fix. None of the online features work >...

From VC++ pro to VC++ 2005?
I'm not a programmer by trade, but have gotten somewhat comfortable with VC++ 6 pro. Is it recommended to upgrade to VC++ 2005? Will VC++ 2005 make it easier for me to make sure that my applications remain compatible with Vista? What is your experience in changing from VC++ 6 to VC++ 2005? Any comments are appreciated. Harald "Harald" <Haraldnospamcollonia@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:NbdJh.11916$Jl.4186@newsread3.news.pas.earthlink.net... > I'm not a programmer by trade, but have gotten somewhat comfortable with > VC++ 6 pro. Is it recommended to...

Path.GetInvalidPathChars "Visual Basic 6.0 Classic" equivalent
Someone may remember putting me onto Link_File_1532711212003. I'm using it for my VB6.0 lnkfile IMDB rating project. At that time I had a problem with Microsoft updates breaking the IsLink function. Now, I am finishing up interfacing the 32bit AMDBW14 title.exe program and it produces a txt file for each IsLink entry in the folder. Once all the txt files are sorted, the 1Kb files are, almost without exception, unfound entries, and where the name needs cleaning. Firstly, to clean the names, I plan to cycle through these extracted 1kb links to the now deleted txt files, where the...

0.7638549 Does This Look Good? ... 0.5609096
0.1697455 Does This Look Good? ... 7.765865E-02 0.7638549 Now Visit http://nowclickhere.bravehost.com/index.html 0.5609096 ...

Crystal Report XI in VC++ 6.0
Hi, I have an application written in VC++ 6.0 (native code). I want to call the reports created/saved in Crystal Report XI from my code. Can anybody help me in doing this ? Thanks in advance. ...