vb from VC++

Hi,
is it possible, and if so, to call a Vb macro from VC++. Or manipulate
spreadsheets (ie draw graphs from the data within the workbooks) usinbg MFC
functions
cheers
Anthony

0
a.m (2)
12/17/2003 12:37:52 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Presumably you are referring to MS Excel spreadsheets and workbooks. The
easiest method would be to import the appropriate type library (.tlb)
provided with Excel, having the class wizard generate the classes, which you
then use to access the Excel Automation model (that is the same model that
Excel VBA uses). Some investigation may be needed to determine which tlb to
use, and to make sure you have a basic understanding of OLE/COM, Automation
and IDispatch).

"Anthony Moss" <a.m@baesystems.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> is it possible, and if so, to call a Vb macro from VC++. Or manipulate
> spreadsheets (ie draw graphs from the data within the workbooks) usinbg
MFC
> functions
> cheers
> Anthony

You can do it using automation. Two usefull links:

Office Automation Using Visual C++
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;196776

HOWTO: Call Microsoft Excel Macros That Take Parameters
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;153307

Regards,
Rodrigo Corral Gonz�lez

VB distmon?
Hi I have recently installed Office 2003. A couple of wired things happen in Excel: > Everytime I close the program I get a MS VB error that reads "Compile error in hidden module: Distmon" Every time open the program I get the same error, but the macro it is calling is "autoexecnew" > Since my new installation, I type in an simple function like TRIM and it tells me cannot find project library. any ideas? Thnaks! Alan Alan http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q307410 OFF: "Compile Error in Hidden Module" Error Message When You Sta...

VC++ .NET 2003: XmlTextReader Class Generates A Runtime Exception
Hi all, I did the "Build" on the attached code in my VC++ .NET 2003 - Windows XP Pro PC. On the c:\ screen, I got the following: Microsoft Development Environment An unhandled exception of type 'System.Xml.XmlException' occured in system.xml.dll Addtional Information: System error |Break| |Continue| I clicked on the |Continue| and I got the following: "c:\Documents and Settings\Scott H. Chang\My Documents\Visual Studio Projects\Q815658XMLRead......... unhandled Excetion: System.Xml.XmlExcept...

Excel VB
I have two cells in a workbook that are dates. The cell Start_Date has a valid date in it. The second cell Test_Date is either blank or has a valid date in it. The IsDate test on both cells works fine, however, on a blank cell the Month function extracts "12". Anyone know why? I had to put the month function within a test for IsDate to make it work. Seems like Month function on a blank cell should return something other than a 12. Dave Test code: If IsDate(Range("Start_Date")) Then 'Cell has 11/01/09 in it. MsgBox ("start date a d...

Cannot Add any window to VB
Hello: I'm using a VM with GP 10.0 SP3 installed. In order to have the same as our production databases i copy the GP folder, entirely, which i think it was a mistake now I'm getting a "This cannot be added to Visual Basic", whenever i try to add a window, any window, to VB. Also it goes without saying that there's a lot of load errors starting GP. For the record the copy/paste thing worked, sort of, and before you start thinking that i was insane to have done this, there's a reason behind it, There's been a lot of tweaks to our production server, by our p...

vb from VC++
Hi, is it possible, and if so, to call a Vb macro from VC++. Or manipulate spreadsheets (ie draw graphs from the data within the workbooks) usinbg MFC functions cheers Anthony Presumably you are referring to MS Excel spreadsheets and workbooks. The easiest method would be to import the appropriate type library (.tlb) provided with Excel, having the class wizard generate the classes, which you then use to access the Excel Automation model (that is the same model that Excel VBA uses). Some investigation may be needed to determine which tlb to use, and to make sure you have a basic understand...

VC++6.0 Memory reference error
Hi I am developing n activeX control in VC++ 6.0 using MAPI , 50% of the times when I execute my application using ActiveX Test Container (or sample VB project) I get a memory reference error , however other 50% of times it runs just fine. I am really not sure what is the reason of this error message. Why this error occours half the time and why the application runs fine the rest of the time. Error details are as follows : Error : "The instruction "<hexadecimal number>" referenced memory at "<hexadecimal number>". The memory could not be "read&quo...

VB in Excel
In Excel I go into Visual Basic Editor, then Visual Basic Help, but when I type 'Passwords' for example it will bring up a list of related items, but some of them you can't select. Does this mean the installation CD is corrupt and hasn't installed all the components? I have reinstalled and repaired the installtion but to no avail. Any ideas anyone? Help! Thanks ...

VB.Net program to create XML file
I need to create an xml file from a VB program using fields returned from an sql query. I have a template that was provided for me and need to use verbatim. Since this is just a text file, I gather that I can just write out the file with all of the tags, etc., and name it .xml. Assuming that is correct what I might want to do is create a template so that if this file changes the names of the elements, all I have to do is change the template and if more elements get added I can then add them. Is there a tool that can do this for me? If I have to create one, any suggestions as to what I ...

VB Script
Hi all, I need a VB script code to verify whether a specific Local user ID on a remote machine, in workgroup, is having a specific password. For instance I need to check whether target machine consists a local user "DSADMIN" 's password set to "Pa55word". If the target machine consists this user account and the password is also correct then it should return TRUE else it should return FALSE (or something similar). Below code tries to reset the password on target machine by providing same old and new password, if it fails that means the password set on target...

VB++ Exe zum Ansprechen einer VB ActiveX DLL
Hallo zusammen. Ich ben�tige eine EXE, welche in einer DOS-Box mit Parametern aufgerufen wird und das Ergebnis auch wieder in dieser DOS-Box zur�ckbringt. Mit VB ist dies leider nicht zu machen. Nun weiss ich zwar das dies mit einer VC++ Exe geht, bin aber leider C Neuling. Kann mir dazu jemand ein Beispiel posten ? Die C++ Exe soll einen auf der Commandozeile �bergebenen String (das sind die ganzen Parameter) an eine Funktion einer VB ActiveX DLL �bergeben. Das Ergebnis soll dann von der ActiveX DLL an die C++ Exe zur�ckgegeben werden und in der selben DOS-Box angezeigt werden. Hoffe es k...

Sumproduct in VB
I want to be able to use the sumproduct function in code to calculate some fairly complex formulas. Within the sumproduct function I'm trying to use a selection critera. The range "Wave" is a named range. This works fine in a regular worksheet function. It multiplies the cells in columns A and B where Wave = 2. =sumproduct(--(Wave=2),$A$1:$A$100,$B$1:$B$10) In VB I have the function below, which surprisingly works just fine as written. For now ignore X... Function mytest(X as Variant, rng1 as Variant, rng2 as Variant) as double mytest = Applicatio...

how to open VC++ 6.0 projects in VC++.NET
Hi all, i am trying to open the VC 6 projects in VC .NET IDE. But I am getting lots of compiler error. I heard VC 7 supports backward comaptability. Can any one tell me how can i acces code in vc++ 6.0 when i'm working in vc++.NET Regards BHargav bhag wrote: > Hi all, > i am trying to open the VC 6 projects in VC .NET IDE. But I am getting > lots > of compiler error. > I heard VC 7 supports backward comaptability. > Can any one tell me how can i acces code in vc++ 6.0 when i'm working > in vc++.NET > Regards > BHargav > Bhag: If you are getting comp...

How can I read NTbackup BKF files using VB .Net pls?
Hello, I want to write a utility to extract files from backups in BKF format created by NTBackup. Does anyone know please if there are any libraries or built-in functions to open BKF files in VB .Net? Thanks, - Alan. Hello, I have the same problem Did you find any solution ? Thanks Pascal frmsrcurl: http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb/How-can-I-read-NTbackup-BKF-files-using-VB-Net-pls ...

VB Macro to VB Application
I have a VB macro. I want to move it to a VB application, using my VS 2008. I don't know how to get the Application to run against an Excel Worksheet. Can someone help? Thanks "JCO" <someone@somewhere.com> wrote in message news:%23GDVlhxBLHA.4308@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... >I have a VB macro. I want to move it to a VB application, using my VS >2008. If you mean a VBA macro then moving it to VB is usually pretty easy but VS 2008 is not VB, it is VB.Net, and that's a very different language. This group is for VB 6 and earlier versions and doesn...

Retreive emails Using MAPI in VB using Outlook 2003
Till outlook 2000 we had a way to retrieve emails by Reconfiguring Mail Support. Clicking the Corporate or Workgroup option you can download mails from a VB application automatically using MAPI and other Outlook objects without ever opening Outlook. This doesnot happen in Outlook 2003 and there is no option like this to set. Can any one please help me. Thanking you. John Supakin. Hi John, Outlook 2003 is already in "Corporate" mode, and MAPI subsystem is always installed even if you use Pop3/Smtp account only. MAPI spooler is integrated into Outlook 2002 / Outlook 2003 (it...

VB Drag and Drop in DataGridView?
All, Pardon the cross-post. I've used other (C#) code snippets found around here to try to implement drag-n-drop in a DataGridView, to give the user a way to sort the data in the grid. I'm mostly there - I am able to drag, see the cursor change to drag, and when I let go, the row I dragged leaves it's original spot. Problem is, it "drops" into a black hole. Here's the line I'm trying to "drop" with; TBL_TimersDataGridView.Rows.Insert(RowIndexOfItemUnderMouseToDrop, RowToMove) The full code is below. Can anyone tell me what I...

Performance indicator
Hi, I would appreciate someone's help on getting the following macro correct in the way I would like it to perform. I have a file which measures key elements for eg. Revenue, net etc... What the macro does - Plan/Budget figures for the full year are mentioned in Col D. Actual figures are entered in col DE, DF, and DG titled Jan., Feb., and Mar., The Actual figures are added in Col DC titled YTD (performed by the Macro). The Actual figures are annualised and compared to Plan. A horizontal bar is created either in Green, Yellow or Red depending on the performance. A vertical line showin...

XML serialization of custom collection class in VB
I have a custom collection ... clFile that INHERITS from NameObjectCollectionBase the problem is, when I try to create an xmlserializer instance i get an error You must implement a default accessor on brWAP.clFile because it inherits from ICollectio I must be having a thick day because I dont have a clue what the error message means. (I have written a defaut property called ITEM in the clFile class 'Classes to abstract a FILE entity that is persisted in the databas Imports System.Xml.Serializatio Imports dalWAP.dalWA 'A worker class to get the data from the Database and save it b...

syntax question
Given the following code (found on this site..) With ActiveSheet.Range("B:B") Set FoundCell = .Find(what:="whatever", _ after:=.Cells(.Cells.Count), _ LookIn:=xlFormulas, LookAt:=xlPart, _ SearchOrder:=xlByRows, SearchDirection:=xlNext, _ MatchCase:=False) End With How do I tell VB to look in Cell H1 for the what:="whatever" ? ie. I want to use the value found in the Cell H1 not the text "whatever" I've tried every co...

BUG in VC++6.0???: Multi-Port Serial Communications Card Problem
I have an 8 port serial communications card in a WindowsNT system installed as COM3, COM4, ... COM10. I can use any of the eight ports using the WindowsNT hyperterminal utility I am using Visual C++ 6.0 with MFC and attempting to open different ports with the following statement m_commhandle = CreateFile((LPCTSTR)m_port, GENERIC_READ|GENERIC_WRITE,0, NULL, OPEN_EXISTING, 0,NULL) This statement works for all of the ports EXCEPT COM10. GetLastError() returns a 2 (ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND). In DEBUG, m_port contains "COM10", but the CreateFile(...) still fails. Hyperterminal is not runni...

SetTimer (VC++ 6.0)
Hallo! In MSDN Library CWnd::SetTimer() help, we can read "Timers are a limited global resource". What mean exactly this ? How many system timers are available ? Thanks ! - Daniele - Hi Daniele, We can have as many as Timers as we want(Just define UNIQUE IDs). "Timers are a limited global resource" means that it is not affected by other processes going in the applications. >-----Original Message----- >Hallo! > >In MSDN Library CWnd::SetTimer() help, we can read "Timers are a limited >global resource". >What mean exactly this ? How many...

While in excel calling VB (ALT+F11) & the VB Help (F1) to do a search
Hey guys, I seemed to be stumped by something one of my users notice while in the help file. When we go to "Index" and the do a keywor search for "database" for example, it brings down a list of 143 topic to choose from. The problem is that out of the 143 topics listed, i you click on many of them no information pops up on the right hand sid of the window. Examples of topics that don't work are "CreateRelatio Method", "ReplicaID Property", "RegisterDatabase Method", "Valu Property", "TableDefs Collection", etc. etc. Has ...

VC++ .NET 2002: My 1st MFC Program got Errors C2065, C2227, C2509, C2062 and C2238
Hi all I tried to learn MFC programming by starting the MFC Template of Visual C++ Project and typing the necessary code statements of the Ex05a Example of Programming With Microsoft Visual C++ .NET Core Reference (6th Edition) (Microsoft Press, 2003) by G. Shepherd with D. Kruglinski. When I did 'Build' on the Ex05a project, I got the following Task List - 9 Build Error tasks shown (filtered) error C2065: 'm_nColor': undeclared identifie error C2065: 'pDC': undeclared identifie error C2227: left of '->SelectStockObject' must point to class/struct/unio ...

Write VC++ to play flash
Dear all, I use VC++ to write a program for display a flash file "file.fla", However, for displaying flash file, it sometimes become black screen and sometimes cannot display the corresponding location, why? Please give us suggested solution, thanks Regards, Simon ...

Outlook 2003
I'm using an Access Database to send out notices to customers about orders processing. However, when I initiate this, it has created an error with the new Office 2003 about the command "item.send" in Visual Basic. I'm not a programming 'guru', so I don't know how to by-pass this message. Otherwise I have to hit the YES button like 500+ times a day...and that's just not feasible. Does anyone know a method around this through Outlook? Chuck Since you didn't post the original message, we have no idea what problem you are having. When replying to ...