using CListCtrl::Sort() with OWNER DATA

------=_NextPart_000_000A_01C3DC71.9497D720

Hey All,

1. Which sorting method does CListCtrl::Sort() use? eg Quick, merge, =
bubble, insertion, selection. And is it a stable sort? eg the sorted =
data sequence preserves the original (input) relative ordering of =
equivalent data units.

2. Is it possible to use the very SAME CListCtrl::Sort() method with the =
OWNER DATA option for my own data? I understand that I cannot simply =
call CListCtrl::Sort() due to the OWNER DATA style, but can I somehow =
pass my data into it (the windows sorting function used for =
CListCtrl::Sort() ) and a comparison function kinda like the standard =
qsort function?

I hope that makes sense.

Simon.
------=_NextPart_000_000A_01C3DC71.9497D720

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hey All,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>1. Which sorting method does =
CListCtrl::Sort() use?=20
eg Quick, merge, bubble, insertion, selection. And is it a stable sort? =
eg the=20
sorted data sequence preserves the original (input) relative ordering of =

equivalent data units.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial><FONT size=3D2>2. Is it possible to use the very =
SAME=20
</FONT><FONT size=3D2>CListCtrl::Sort() method with the OWNER DATA =
option for my=20
own data? I understand that I cannot simply call CListCtrl::Sort() due =
to the=20
OWNER DATA style, but can I somehow pass my data into it (the windows =
sorting=20
function used for CListCtrl::Sort() )&nbsp;and a comparison function =
kinda like=20
the standard qsort function?</FONT></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I hope that makes sense.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Simon.</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_000A_01C3DC71.9497D720--

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

------=_NextPart_000_001F_01C3DC33.706A3FC0

Hi,

CListCtrl::SortItems takes a comparison function.

Although I haven't tested, I suspect that this wil also work with owner =
data. The control will ask for the data when sorting.

Tom.
  "Simon Flannery" <support@bigpond.com> wrote in message =
[...]

<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hi,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>CListCtrl::SortItems takes a comparison function.</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Although I haven't tested, I suspect =
that this wil=20
also work with owner data. The control will ask for the data when=20
sorting.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Tom.</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
  <DIV>"Simon Flannery" &lt;<A=20
  href=3D"mailto:support@bigpond.com">support@bigpond.com</A>&gt; wrote =
in message=20
  <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:unoHmVB3DHA.2680@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl">news:unoHmVB3DHA.2680=
@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl</A>...</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hey All,</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>1. Which sorting method does =
CListCtrl::Sort()=20
  use? eg Quick, merge, bubble, insertion, selection. And is it a stable =
sort?=20
  eg the sorted data sequence preserves the original (input) relative =
ordering=20
  of equivalent data units.</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial><FONT size=3D2>2. Is it possible to use the =
very SAME=20
  </FONT><FONT size=3D2>CListCtrl::Sort() method with the OWNER DATA =
option for my=20
  own data? I understand that I cannot simply call CListCtrl::Sort() due =
to the=20
  OWNER DATA style, but can I somehow pass my data into it (the windows =
sorting=20
  function used for CListCtrl::Sort() )&nbsp;and a comparison function =
kinda=20
  like the standard qsort function?</FONT></FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I hope that makes sense.</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial =
size=3D2>Simon.</FONT></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_001F_01C3DC33.706A3FC0--

HOW TO USE HYPERLINK within a droplist?

Default at Additional Sorts
if you go to Transactions-->Purchasing-->Transaction Entry click on the magnifying glass by Creditor ID, could you choose a column under Additional Sorts and make it as a default? if VBA is the only way to make it, then how do you save that in order to for it to remember that it is the default column? -- Thanks in advance, Susanna ...

Outlook 2003 Cannot sort by subject
Hi all, In outlook 2003, when I click the subject bar to sort email by subjects, it will work sometimes but not every time. The email are sorted but the cursor will jump to the first email but not the email I highlighted before. This is VERY VERY annoying and I want to rollback to outlook xp. Anyone know how I can solve this problem? Greatly appreciated for your help. Cheers, Jo. Try Group By Conversation instead. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal ac...

using forms

Using Spanish on Publisher

Taking Certian Data only from 2 Spreadsheets
Hi All, I have 39 Excel Spreadsheets & there are only certain figures i woul like in each spreadsheet & they are all in the same Coloumn & row. would like these figures to go into another spreadsheet i have create how can i do this?? Is it possible? Can i transfer them over into a ne spreadsheet so within this new sheet i then can caculate them all. Woul appreciate all the help. Cheers Wil -- william444 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- william4444's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3399 View this...

topographical data maps in excel
I have seen this done, and would like to know how to create topgraphical maps of data sets using excel. I want to take a sample of data ponts and plot the points (easy), than color the plot based upon the values of the points You seem to have been neglected by our community. Yes, it can be done, if I understand your intention correctly. The topography in your approach means, in a sense, the 3D chart. The first two of the three values defininig each point specify the x- and y-coordinates (like on a map); the third value is represented by prescribed colors or shades. You must have you...

FormulaR1C1 using variables

Using XML with ASP.NET

Compile error using CTypedPtrList

Importing Excel data into Access?
Can Excel data be imported into Access easily!? I know from Word table I can simply copy and paste but it is not that easy when doing from Excel to Access! I downloaded this manual from http://www.mousetraining.co.uk/training-manuals/Access2003Intro.pdf but couldn't find this topic If anyone knows please let me know! Cheers Raj Hello, there are plenty of sources. e.g.: http://office.microsoft.com/training/training.aspx?AssetID=RC102722321033 Stefan. "Rajeev Rawat" wrote: > Can Excel data be imported into Access easily!? I know from Word table &g...

Using secured OMA

scatter plots using pivot table data

Using resources, how to ?

Refresh data in Protected worksheet
Does the work sheet protection work properly when refreshing data from access. I have the range I want to refresh Unlocked and unhidden and the rest of the worksheet protected, but when i refresh it tells me the worksheet is protected and I cant refresh. Is there something I'm missing or is this a shortcoming of worksheet protection? KT just hazarding two guesses. are you talking about a macro that does it? if so... are you providing a password to unprotect before you refresh the data? ActiveSheet.Unprotect "password" 'your refresh code would go after the above sta...

Allow temporarily use of right click

How to use interfaces

What do you use Excel for?

Top Values in a column
Hi there, I have a column of values (E3:E50) and I want to list below this column, in a cell (lets say E52) the SUM of the top 5 highest values. The glitch (as there always is one) is that I don't want every cell to be considered - I only want, for example, E5, E8, E11, E14, E17, E20, E23, E26, E29, E32, E35, E38, E41, E44, E47 & E50 to be included. Is there a way to do this? Whilst I mention it - would there be a way, with conditional formatting perhaps, that any cell in that selection (E5, E8, E11, etc.) that IS a top 5 value - could it become a different colour? Any help would ...