using CFileException - "Debug Assertion Failed!" #2

When I call "GetErrorMessage" on the CFileException object, as in the
following snipet, I get a "Debug Assertion Failed!" error dialog:

Code snipet:
CString fileName = _T("C:\\someFile.xsd");
CFile XSDFile;
CFileException fileException;

    if ( !XSDFile.Open(fileName, CFile::modeRead, &fileException) )
    {
		// Problem opening the file, determine error
		TCHAR errCause[1024];

		//TODO - Debug assertion raised on this line, why??
		fileException.GetErrorMessage(errCause, 1024);

   }

I get an error on the following ASSERT:

_AFXWIN_INLINE HINSTANCE AFXAPI AfxGetResourceHandle()
	{ ASSERT(afxCurrentResourceHandle != NULL);
		return afxCurrentResourceHandle; }

Can anyone explain why? or how to resolve?
Error only occurs in Debug configuration, not in a Release configuration.
--
Ketan

0
Ketan (4)
11/15/2004 11:35:02 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Physical Inventory question #2
I have a store owner who would like to run a Physical Inventory Sheet that does NOT include items with a qty of 0. I don't see a filter for OnHand <> 0. First, I'd like to see if anybody knows if something like this CAN be done. Secondly, I've suggested (and gave her instructions) on how to take all items that have zero quantities that she no longer wants to sell, and mark them as inactive first, then do a physical inventory based on the filter of Inactive = No. Do others run their physical inventories this way? Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks in advance for any...

Reports issue #2
Hi all, I have two different CRM setups, and I'm running through the same issue. It's impossible to generate reports from CRM. Here are the configurations : 1) Windows Server 2008 w/ CRM 4.0, and a windows server 2003 w/ SQL 2005 & Report Server 2) Windows Server 2008 w/ CRM 4.0 and SQL 2008 with Report Server Both Windows2k8 are domain controllers, and in the first setup the two servers are in the same domain. My report services are running with the network service account. When I want to get a report from CRM, I got the following message : "Reporting Error. The repor...

Sum Product Question #2
Can you use sumproduct when the numbers in a column are derived from a formula? In my formula all of the numbers in the M column are the results of formulas. My formula returns a value error. If instead of using the "M" column I used another column with just numbers (no formulas) it works. =SUMPRODUCT(--(C22:C5000=C11),--(I22:I5000=B12),--(M22:M5000)) Is there a way round this? Thanks The formula will work if the formulas really return numbers. But I bet (and it's a guess) that your formula returns text under some condition: =if(x99=0,"",A99/x99) (or something...

Importing XML in SQL Server 2005 in .Net 2.0
Hello All, I tried using bulkupload SQLXML, but it is very unreliable. Is there any way we can import XML file having schema into database? Neo Hello Neo, N> I tried using bulkupload SQLXML, but it is very unreliable. Is there N> any way we can import XML file having schema into database? What exactly are you trying to do? e.g., load XML into an XML typed column or load XML into one or more tables? Do you already have a schema? Note: Adding to m.p.ss.xml for easier tracking. Thanks! Kent Tegels DevelopMentor http://staff.develop.com/ktegels/ Yes, I have schema. I have also c...

HOW TO USE HYPERLINK within a droplist?

synchronizing #2
I was wondering if anyone knew how to sychronize office XP with two different computers. If you know please let me knows. Thanks ...

Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac 11.3.2 Update
What Mac 11.3.2 update? I know nothing about such a Mac OS update. Help! The 11.3.2 update is for Office 2004, not for Mac OS X. Here's how you can get it: In Office 2004, use Microsoft AutoUpdate to get the latest updates. From any Office application, go to Help > Check for Updates (or manually launch Microsoft AutoUpdate from the Applications folder). If any updates are needed, they will display in a sheet, at which point you can check them and press the "Install" button to download and install them. Updates can also be found at the Microsoft web site: <http://www...

using forms

Using Spanish on Publisher

Taking Certian Data only from 2 Spreadsheets
Hi All, I have 39 Excel Spreadsheets & there are only certain figures i woul like in each spreadsheet & they are all in the same Coloumn & row. would like these figures to go into another spreadsheet i have create how can i do this?? Is it possible? Can i transfer them over into a ne spreadsheet so within this new sheet i then can caculate them all. Woul appreciate all the help. Cheers Wil -- william444 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- william4444's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3399 View this...

email que #2
I recieved a concern that email was not being recieved until some time after it was sent. After looking into the situation I found that the messages were hanging in the que. ex. If I look in the que a message will be ther from 1 hour ago, What would cause this and how do I fix this so email is sent immideatley?? ...

FormulaR1C1 using variables

Windows in taskbar #2
The windows in taskbar box keeps getting "unchecked" while working in different execel spreadsheets. I re-check it and save/close the box, but it continues to happen. Any ideas to correct this? Richard From a posting by Debra Dalgleish............. There's some information in the following MSKB article: OFF2000: Only One Icon Visible in Taskbar When "Windows in Taskbar" Option Is Selected http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=215816 and the following advice from Dave Peterson '========================== From: Dave Peterson (ec35720@msn.com) Su...

Using XML with ASP.NET

Using secured OMA

Compile error using CTypedPtrList

scatter plots using pivot table data

Using resources, how to ?

Allow temporarily use of right click

How to use interfaces
Hi ... How can you show in an UML diagram using visio that you have 1 class who uses the interface implementet by another ?? ex: C# public class MyClass : ImyInterface { //some code } //And then in another class you will do something like: private ImyInterface imi = new MyClass(); can you show this via UML shapes in Visio ?? thanks in advance ... -- ------------------------------- Med Venlig Hilsen Tonni Schm´┐Żcker Tonni@cool.dk ...