user breakpoint

I use malloc in a thread,before the thread quit,I use free,cause pop up
"user breakpoint called from code at 0x77f7f570" error.

Debug output:
HEAP[DownTradetrek.exe]: Heap block at 0037B1C8 modified at 0037DA00 past
requested size of 2830

I don't know what happen.Thank for your help.

0
dch1237 (27)
2/6/2004 6:49:33 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

"msg_du" <dch1237@msn.com> wrote in message
> I use malloc in a thread,before the thread quit,I use free,cause pop up
> "user breakpoint called from code at 0x77f7f570" error.
>
> Debug output:
> HEAP[DownTradetrek.exe]: Heap block at 0037B1C8 modified at 0037DA00 past
> requested size of 2830
>
> I don't know what happen.Thank for your help.

msg_du,

    You have written over the bounds of this block of memory that you
allocated.  For a quick test multiply the argument in your malloc by two or
three and then run it again and see if it happens.

0
trevor8021 (184)
2/6/2004 7:03:08 PM
You need to fix your project's build scripts. If you use static linking for
debug, you shouldn't have this problem.  The issue comes from Microsoft
overriding the new and delete operators at the global scope if you compile
with the debug configuration.

replace compiler option '/MDd' with '/MD'
OR
Use Runtime Lib: "Multithreaded DLL".

Note : The 'heap-block modified ...' exception could be a side-effect of the
lib mix, but could also indicate that your code indeed stomps memory, make
sure that you have fortified write access into the variable with asserts
before deleting..

Cheers
Jagadeesh

"msg_du" <dch1237@msn.com> wrote in message
> I use malloc in a thread,before the thread quit,I use free,cause pop up
> "user breakpoint called from code at 0x77f7f570" error.
>
> Debug output:
> HEAP[DownTradetrek.exe]: Heap block at 0037B1C8 modified at 0037DA00 past
> requested size of 2830
>
> I don't know what happen.Thank for your help.

0
jagadeeshvn (256)
2/6/2004 7:10:04 PM
I replace compiler option '/MDd' with '/MD',still has the problem.
Could you explain what is
"fortified write access into the variable with asserts before deleting".
 or give some examples.

Thanks!

"Jagadeesh" <jagadeeshvn@hotmail.com> д����Ϣ����
:uZeDhSO7DHA.2480@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> You need to fix your project's build scripts. If you use static linking
for
> debug, you shouldn't have this problem.  The issue comes from Microsoft
> overriding the new and delete operators at the global scope if you compile
> with the debug configuration.
>
> replace compiler option '/MDd' with '/MD'
> OR
> Use Runtime Lib: "Multithreaded DLL".
>
> Note : The 'heap-block modified ...' exception could be a side-effect of
the
> lib mix, but could also indicate that your code indeed stomps memory, make
> sure that you have fortified write access into the variable with asserts
> before deleting..
>
> Cheers
> Jagadeesh
>
> "msg_du" <dch1237@msn.com> wrote in message
> > I use malloc in a thread,before the thread quit,I use free,cause pop up
> > "user breakpoint called from code at 0x77f7f570" error.
> >
> > Debug output:
> > HEAP[DownTradetrek.exe]: Heap block at 0037B1C8 modified at 0037DA00
past
> > requested size of 2830
> >
> > I don't know what happen.Thank for your help.

0
dch1237 (27)
2/7/2004 9:04:57 AM
Just check to see whether that variable already exists or has been deleted
or you have written over the upper bounds of some array.
Have you tried with Release builds ?
But I am quite sure that, there is some pblm with your code, so post the
code snippet, which is creating the pblm, may be I can help you.

> I replace compiler option '/MDd' with '/MD',still has the problem.
> Could you explain what is
> "fortified write access into the variable with asserts before deleting".
>  or give some examples.
>
> Thanks!
>
> "Jagadeesh" <jagadeeshvn@hotmail.com> д����Ϣ����
> :uZeDhSO7DHA.2480@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> > You need to fix your project's build scripts. If you use static linking
> for
> > debug, you shouldn't have this problem.  The issue comes from Microsoft
> > overriding the new and delete operators at the global scope if you
compile
> > with the debug configuration.
> >
> > replace compiler option '/MDd' with '/MD'
> > OR
> > Use Runtime Lib: "Multithreaded DLL".
> >
> > Note : The 'heap-block modified ...' exception could be a side-effect of
> the
> > lib mix, but could also indicate that your code indeed stomps memory,
make
> > sure that you have fortified write access into the variable with asserts
> > before deleting..
> >
> > Cheers
> > Jagadeesh
> >
> > "msg_du" <dch1237@msn.com> wrote in message
> > > I use malloc in a thread,before the thread quit,I use free,cause pop
up
> > > "user breakpoint called from code at 0x77f7f570" error.
> > >
> > > Debug output:
> > > HEAP[DownTradetrek.exe]: Heap block at 0037B1C8 modified at 0037DA00
> past
> > > requested size of 2830
> > >
> > > I don't know what happen.Thank for your help.

0
jagadeeshvn (256)
2/7/2004 9:23:20 AM
My Release Build crashed.If I write over the upper bounds of some array,do I
prompt with "Access violate" when I'm in debug?How can I locate position in
source code which cause running error in Release Build?

:Or6HfvV7DHA.2644@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> Just check to see whether that variable already exists or has been deleted
> or you have written over the upper bounds of some array.
> Have you tried with Release builds ?
> But I am quite sure that, there is some pblm with your code, so post the
> code snippet, which is creating the pblm, may be I can help you.
>

> "msg_du" <dch1237@msn.com> wrote in message
> > I replace compiler option '/MDd' with '/MD',still has the problem.
> > Could you explain what is
> > "fortified write access into the variable with asserts before deleting".
> >  or give some examples.
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > "Jagadeesh" <jagadeeshvn@hotmail.com> д����Ϣ����
> > :uZeDhSO7DHA.2480@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> > > You need to fix your project's build scripts. If you use static
linking
> > for
> > > debug, you shouldn't have this problem.  The issue comes from
Microsoft
> > > overriding the new and delete operators at the global scope if you
> compile
> > > with the debug configuration.
> > >
> > > replace compiler option '/MDd' with '/MD'
> > > OR
> > > Use Runtime Lib: "Multithreaded DLL".
> > >
> > > Note : The 'heap-block modified ...' exception could be a side-effect
of
> > the
> > > lib mix, but could also indicate that your code indeed stomps memory,
> make
> > > sure that you have fortified write access into the variable with
asserts
> > > before deleting..
> > >
> > > Cheers
> > > Jagadeesh
> > >
> > > "msg_du" <dch1237@msn.com> wrote in message
> up

> > past

0
dch1237 (27)
2/8/2004 3:13:05 AM
I call _CrtMemCheckpoint( &s1 ) before free() cause "Access Violation" in
Line 1734 of DBGHEAP.C

Debug output is:
First-chance exception in DownTradetrek.exe (MSVCRTD.DLL): 0xC0000005:
Access Violation.

"Jagadeesh" <jagadeeshvn@hotmail.com> д����Ϣ����
:Or6HfvV7DHA.2644@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> Just check to see whether that variable already exists or has been deleted
> or you have written over the upper bounds of some array.
> Have you tried with Release builds ?
> But I am quite sure that, there is some pblm with your code, so post the
> code snippet, which is creating the pblm, may be I can help you.
>

> "msg_du" <dch1237@msn.com> wrote in message
> > I replace compiler option '/MDd' with '/MD',still has the problem.
> > Could you explain what is
> > "fortified write access into the variable with asserts before deleting".
> >  or give some examples.
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > "Jagadeesh" <jagadeeshvn@hotmail.com> д����Ϣ����
> > :uZeDhSO7DHA.2480@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> > > You need to fix your project's build scripts. If you use static
linking
> > for
> > > debug, you shouldn't have this problem.  The issue comes from
Microsoft
> > > overriding the new and delete operators at the global scope if you
> compile
> > > with the debug configuration.
> > >
> > > replace compiler option '/MDd' with '/MD'
> > > OR
> > > Use Runtime Lib: "Multithreaded DLL".
> > >
> > > Note : The 'heap-block modified ...' exception could be a side-effect
of
> > the
> > > lib mix, but could also indicate that your code indeed stomps memory,
> make
> > > sure that you have fortified write access into the variable with
asserts
> > > before deleting..
> > >
> > > Cheers
> > > Jagadeesh
> > >
> > > "msg_du" <dch1237@msn.com> wrote in message
> up

> > past

0
dch1237 (27)
2/8/2004 3:30:49 AM
The problem is I write to memory out of bound.Thanks.

"Jagadeesh" <jagadeeshvn@hotmail.com> д����Ϣ����
:Or6HfvV7DHA.2644@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> Just check to see whether that variable already exists or has been deleted
> or you have written over the upper bounds of some array.
> Have you tried with Release builds ?
> But I am quite sure that, there is some pblm with your code, so post the
> code snippet, which is creating the pblm, may be I can help you.
>

> "msg_du" <dch1237@msn.com> wrote in message
> > I replace compiler option '/MDd' with '/MD',still has the problem.
> > Could you explain what is
> > "fortified write access into the variable with asserts before deleting".
> >  or give some examples.
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > "Jagadeesh" <jagadeeshvn@hotmail.com> д����Ϣ����
> > :uZeDhSO7DHA.2480@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> > > You need to fix your project's build scripts. If you use static
linking
> > for
> > > debug, you shouldn't have this problem.  The issue comes from
Microsoft
> > > overriding the new and delete operators at the global scope if you
> compile
> > > with the debug configuration.
> > >
> > > replace compiler option '/MDd' with '/MD'
> > > OR
> > > Use Runtime Lib: "Multithreaded DLL".
> > >
> > > Note : The 'heap-block modified ...' exception could be a side-effect
of
> > the
> > > lib mix, but could also indicate that your code indeed stomps memory,
> make
> > > sure that you have fortified write access into the variable with
asserts
> > > before deleting..
> > >
> > > Cheers
> > > Jagadeesh
> > >
> > > "msg_du" <dch1237@msn.com> wrote in message
> up

> > past

0
dch1237 (27)
2/8/2004 4:54:22 PM
You are right.Now I have fixed it.
Thanks!

"Trevor" <trevor@nospam.com> д����Ϣ����
:#FniVPO7DHA.2796@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> "msg_du" <dch1237@msn.com> wrote in message
> > I use malloc in a thread,before the thread quit,I use free,cause pop up
> > "user breakpoint called from code at 0x77f7f570" error.
> >
> > Debug output:
> > HEAP[DownTradetrek.exe]: Heap block at 0037B1C8 modified at 0037DA00
past
> > requested size of 2830
> >
> > I don't know what happen.Thank for your help.
> >

> msg_du,
>
>     You have written over the bounds of this block of memory that you
> allocated.  For a quick test multiply the argument in your malloc by two
or
> three and then run it again and see if it happens.

0
dch1237 (27)

Re: Upgrading CRM 1.2 Beta 100 users License to Normal License
Thank you John, We are MSDN Universal Subscriber in Turkey, and here Microsoft Launches 1.2 verision of CRM. May be we have some CRM customers. So I will develop customized version of CRM 1.2 in Turkey, may be in Turkish. ...

"SOAP Server Application Faulted" in user customization for CRM 1.2
I'm trying to run an example of user customization "AccountTeam" downloaded from the MSDN: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnmbscrm1_2/html/mbs_crmCAAT.asp The Microsoft CRM 1.2 with Sample Data installed by the book on Windows 2003 server Enterprize edition that runs under Virtual Machine Server 2005 and works properly. I can log on as Administrator (with CRM license) or as a regular user - the outcome is the same. That is the error message I recieve: SOAP Server Application Faulted at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtoco...

Linked activities for users??
Is there anyway to see all the linked activities (sent/received email, etc) for a User in CRM? For contacts, they have the activities tab. For Users, I don't see anything. Do you have to go search the entire Activities list? In Workplace you can display Activities. The default views do not include a 'user' (Owner), but using the method below you can modify the 'All Activities' view to include the Owner ans then sort by Owner to get all their activities displayed. Open a web browser on the crm server and copy the required link into the browser - replace crmserver w...

User Created Menu
Excel 2007, Win 7 64-bit I developed a project for an OP that created a custom menu item in the menu across the top of the screen. I did this in Excel XP and the menu item would appear whenever that particular WB was opened. Now I am opening that same WB in 2007. Where is the menu item and/or how can I access it? Thanks for your time. Otto should be in Add-ins tab. "Otto Moehrbach" <moehrbachoextra@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:eiyFSSOdKHA.5156@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... | Excel 2007, Win 7 64-bit | I developed a project for an OP that created a ...

users sending empty email
I have two users, that since implementing Exchange Server frequently send blank email. they start a new email, type the information they want to send and send. When it gets to it destination it is empty. If they look in sent items it is also empty. I hope you can help, one user is the company VP sandie wrote: > I have two users, that since implementing Exchange Server frequently > send blank email. they start a new email, type the information they > want to send and send. When it gets to it destination it is empty. If > they look in sent items it is also empty. I hope you can...

Attachments from Outlook 2003 not visible to Mac User running Eudora
When I attach word and powepoint documents to my emails from Outlook, one Mac user who is one of my busines partners cannot see the attachments. Other people using PCs and Macs do get the attachments. I'm using Outlook 2003 Small Business Edition with Service Pack 2 installed. The operating system is Windows XP Pro 5.1, Service Pack 2. He is using Eudora 6.2 on Mac OS X v 3.9. He can get attachments from other Outlook users. Other Mac users and PC users get my attachments, though I think there have been a few people who don't see the attachments. If I attach the documents with g...

Viewing another users shared tasks
I have a user who was used to viewing her bosses tasks on the same window as his shared calendar in outlook 2003. In upgrading her to Outlook 2007, it appears that his shared tasks can no longer be viewed on the same window as his shared calendar, and she must open the the shared tasks seperately... Is this just the way it is now? or is there some way that this user could see shared tasks along with a shared calendar as she is used to? its how it is now. there was a lot of confusion over the taskpad with shared calendars so they fixed it by only supporting the user's tasks on the tas...

Does Disabled Users count toward licenses
Does Disabled Users count toward the total CRM licenses? I know users with Restricted Access do not. Hi, No, they dont count. -- PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post was helpful or not for our feedback. uMar Khan Email for direct contact: imumar at gmail dot com "awakin" wrote: > Does Disabled Users count toward the total CRM licenses? > I know users with Restricted Access do not. > > ...

Notify User of new case
Hello, I need to create an attribute/field in cases called "notify" with a pick list of users who are other CRM users. When a user is in a case and selects the notify field and selects a user i need an email to be sent to the user. I have managed to create the attribute and field in the case and also use workflows to send an email to the user in the notify section, but this only happens when a new case is created. If i then change the notify person and save... ntohing happens how can i tell the workflow to check for a change of the notify user and send an email to the appropr...

Using access in a multi-user environment
I am trying to find a way to let five people use an Access database at the same time. There seems to be several different options, but I am not sure what the best way is. If anyone has some good advice/pointers on this topic I'd sure appreciate it. Thanks, -- Don On Thu, 28 Feb 2008 06:00:00 -0800, Don <Don@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: No, there is only one option: split the application, and give each user his own copy of the front-end. -Tom. >I am trying to find a way to let five people use an Access database at the >same time. There seems to be several diff...

CRM 3.0: Error adding new users using Deployment Manager and Web Application
Dear all, Sorry for the cross-posting. We've encountered errors adding new users from trusted domains into CRM 3.0 system. The CRM 3.0 Server has been deployed in a domain on "MIXED MODE". The domain is in an "EXTERNAL TRUST" relationship with other domains. Using CRM Web Application, adding a new user like TRUSTEDDOMAIN\CRMUser, produces the following error "An Error has occured. Contact your Admin" Under Deployment Manager, the following error message appears "The Domain TRUSTEDDOMAIN could not be contacted"Any insights will be greatly ap...

Generic user to accept misspelled email
I have SBS 2003 with exchange 2003. I had the mx record pointed to my ip address. now i want to set up a user? to accept misspelled email to our domain, and have that email delivered to my inbox in outlook. I also want the administrator email pointed to my outlook, how do I go about doing this? thanks for your help Pam Sounds like you need a catch-all mailbox. See this: http://hellomate.typepad.com/exchange/2003/08/exchange_catcha.html -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "Pam" <Pam@discussions.microsoft.co...

Multiple Users 05-19-10
I have a database which is used by at least 3 members of staff. They want me to look into improving the database because they keep getting messages preventing them from accessing and editing the database at the same time. The most annoying is when someone is making changes to the database and someone else tries to get on to look something up, but they get the message "The database has been placed in a state by user 'Admin' on machine 'PC11' that prevents it from being opened or locked." Really frustrating if you have a customer waiting for you to look...

How do I make a macro prompt for user input
I want my macro to prompt the user to input data. Hi look at inputbox in the VBA help -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Chad" <Chad@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:5EF0B644-C887-49AD-8B46-FE49C2FBEC2C@microsoft.com... > I want my macro to prompt the user to input data. ...

First time user
I bought a computer that came with a version of Microsoft Money. I was wandering how good this program is. I have used Quicken before, but never Money. I was debating on which one to use. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. In microsoft.public.money, Greg wrote: >I bought a computer that came with a version of Microsoft >Money. I was wandering how good this program is. I have >used Quicken before, but never Money. I was debating on >which one to use. Any help would be greatly appreciated. You can use both for a while and decide. To really appreciate Money, y...

Information for Visio 5 users
If you have Visio 5 you should seriously consider upgrading before November 30th. Currently Visio 5 is the oldest version of Visio that qualifies for an upgrade. When Visio 2003 is released on Oct 21st, Visio 2000 will be the oldest version that qualifies for an upgrade. At that point Visio 5 will no longer qualify for an upgrade and you will have to pay full retail price for a newer version of Visio. Until Oct 30th, Visio 5 users can upgrade to Visio 2002 and will qualify for a "free" upgrade to Visio 2003 under Microsoft's Technology guarantee. (There will be a nominal cost f...

Deleted user issue #2
I have several users who when you send a meeting request to I get a bounce back from the old admin who has left the company. This only happens for some of the users and not all that the admin may have had access for. Have checked delegates at the server and the client and both are empty. Any ideas out there why this may happen. you checked on the actual desktop Outlook profile of the person who used to have them listed as a delegate? -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "SMTIT" <SMTIT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:91E7C8AF-F14D-4ADD-9CE6-E4DD52BB0F54@microsoft.com...

Show renamed user fields in PWA
In Project Pro 2007 I've defined the "text1" field to display as "Task Type". How do I get this to carry over into PWA? The published project shows "Text1" as the field heading. Pete Hay Hi Pete, You need to do this via the Enterprise Custom Fields in Server settings. Create a task field of type text and call it Task Type. Open up project, and you'll find it's available to everyone. -- Regards, Ben. http://www.applepark.co.uk http://appleparkltd.spaces.live.com/ "Pete Hay" wrote: > In Project Pro 2007 I'...

Matching user entry to database value and pasting to correct cells
I have a workbook with 2 worksheets. Basically it is a daily sales log. On worksheet 1 the user will input multiple daily sales figures and the date. Worksheet 2 is the historical sales figures. The theoretical usage will be for the end user to go to worksheet 1, enter the date and daily sales figures and click the save data button. I am seeking a formula that will look at the date entry and paste the values from worksheet 1 into the proper line on worksheet 2 based on the date entry from worksheet 1. Example: Column A of worksheet 2 is simply a list of dates. January 13, 2...

How to force the user to fill in values for yes/no fields ?
Hi ! I'm using MS Access 2003. I have a table with a number of yes/no fields. When a new record is started, I want the user to explicitly specify a value for each of these fields, e.g. by choosing one of two radio buttons associated with the field. Now, it was no problem for me to arrange an option group with two suitable radio buttons for each of these fields. The user can then choose explicitly between yes and no. However, all fields seem to have implicit values immediately after a new record has been started. Therefore, the new record can be stored in the db without the user making...

notify users via email of imminent password expiration
Hi, are there any methods to email users to say that their password is due to expire - scripts i can run daily, inbuilt stuff that is part of active directory or even third party programs. the majority of my users are remote to the office, and a large percentage of those use direct dial-up to a bank of modems in our office. unfortuantely, for whatever reason, they receive no notification of their password expiring. the first they know about it is when they outlook tries to connect to the exchange server and a little logon box pops up asking them to confirm username, password, domain...

Access "Write Conflict" Error -- record changed by another user
A table with 2 fields in which the data are correlated (but not coupled) are populated by ComboBoxes with sources from a separate table with the correlated information in the same records. Specifically, Company Name and Stock symbol. The form used to enter and edit information in the master table allows the selection of unrelated Company Name and Stock Symbol. Using a RecordSet, ToDo Loop, and an UPDATE query, I have "sort of" accomplished the job. Changing the selection of the Company Name generates the above error message. Clicking the "Drop Changes" button pr...

Eliminating duplicate emails in a users account
I have a user that ended up with a large number of duplicate emails. What is the best way to fix this problem. ...

Provide a way to remove menu options if user doesn't have access
If a user does not have access to the Sales module, for example, provide the ability remove all menu choices that relate to that module. So, they would not see "Sales" under Transactions, Inquiry, Reports, etc. The customer that I am working with would like to remove the System menu choice for a group of users. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the su...

User MS Contact to MS CRM Contact
Hello Experts!! I would like to ask something regarding the functionality of MS CRM. Is there any way to import selected contacts from user mailbox to MS CRM Contacts??? I know that with MS Sales for Outlook you can import MS Contacts, but the problem is that I can´t choose which contacts I will convert to CRM, so for example, if the user has personal contacts that shouldn’t be in CRM Contacts how can the user "in a easy way" export and convert them to CRM selecting only those contacts that should be in CRM from MS Outlook?? Is there any function as "Create CRM Cont...