URLDownloadToFile Question !?

I have 4 simultaneous threads each downloading a file with
URLDownloadToFile. If I add another thread (5th), the function
does not start until another thread finishes... even if all the files
are from different servers...

Any things from URLDownloadToFile I should know ?
(limitations or something)

Thank you !
Mike

0
abuse1839 (15)
7/18/2004 4:07:08 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Sorry it was my proxy connection !!

sorry again...

"Mike Gleason Jr Couturier" <abuse@videotron.ca> wrote in message
> I have 4 simultaneous threads each downloading a file with
> URLDownloadToFile. If I add another thread (5th), the function
> does not start until another thread finishes... even if all the files
> are from different servers...
>
> Any things from URLDownloadToFile I should know ?
> (limitations or something)
>
> Thank you !
> Mike

0
abuse1839 (15)

Smart Host question
Hello, We forward all outbound email through a SMTP Smarthost.... We are finding more and more our outbound messages are moving into the "Messages with an unreachable destination" queue on our Exchange 2000 server... Eventually, usually within 10 minutes, those same messages are then properly delivered. Any ideas for me as to why this is happening??? Thanks, Troy Do you see any relevant events in App Event log? Enable diag loggign and see the logs. Troy Bruder wrote: > Hello, > > We forward all outbound email through a SMTP Smarthost.... We are finding > more...

Diagnostic logging question
When the diagnostic logging in Exchange 2000 is enabled, where are the logs stored? The Application Event Log. -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links, and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "news.microsoft.com" <Xeon@donotemailme.com> wrote in message news:eGHrvbr3FHA.3296@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > When the diagnostic logging in Exchange 2000 is enabled, where are the > logs > stored? > > ...

CRM 2011 question
just upgraded to CRM 2011, anyone know how to view emails saved by "Set regarding" for a contact or account? it used to be under "History" but I can't find it in 2011. Thanks Brian I figured it out. Brian "BrianT" <brian@NOSPAM.com> wrote in message news:Wqu9p.19649$D94.3196@newsfe20.iad... > just upgraded to CRM 2011, anyone know how to view emails saved by "Set > regarding" for a contact or account? it used to be under "History" but I > can't find it in 2011. > > Thanks > Brian > > ...

Question on datasources
Hi, I am relatively new to SSRS and have a quick question - SQL 2005 sp2 comes with some free reports called Performance Dashboard. I have successfully published these in SSRS but, would like to be able to select the server I want to run it against rather than having one set of reports for each server. Is there a way to have the data source prompt for the server? Thanks, you can have an expression based data source but it is per report, not a shared data source. Then you need to have a parameter that you select from that specifies the server. -- Bruce Loehle-Conger...

Contacts question #2
Is there a way to creat a field in outlook that has the same type of setup like the annivesary field that puts a reminder in the calander. What i woudl like to do is in a particular contact i woudl like to ad a date field called Purchase date. Have an outlook calander appointment reminding me of that. ...

Mailbox logons does not seem to be correct and related questions
I have been asked to find out how often users are logging onto Exchange. Now I know that this is not a great request, like how many messages users are sending and receiving maybe but none the less I would like to find a "close enough" answer. So, I look to the Logons section of ESM for the storage group in question. First, there is only two days of data, I can not find where to up this to say 7 days. Second, I see where a few users have multiple logons within a minute, number varies. Third, I know I closed and opened my outlook client a half dozen times yesterday but it onl...

URLDownloadToFile
I have 4 simultaneous threads each downloading a file with URLDownloadToFile. If I add another thread (5th), the function does not start until another thread finished... even if all the files are from different servers... Any things from URLDownloadToFile I should know ? Thank you ! Mike ...

XML DSIG Question

Tracking Changes Question
Hi, We are trying to find a way to track all of the changes to our spreadshets and, I was hoping, to our modules. This is related to the Sarbanes Oxley Act. The powers that be want to freeze our spreadsheets at a point in time and then track any changes that we make. Is anybody familiar with this? Thanks, Anita Yes, you need to make the workbook a shared worbook (Tools>Shar Workbook) then select enable tracking (Tools>Track Changes). 'Here's (http://tinyurl.com/3e3g3) the official line. Or you can find tutorial 'here (http://www.jmu.edu/computing/workshop/handouts/...

send as questions
I have a user who I created in Active Directory named Project Management, account is named project@domain.com. A user in my organization needs to be able to send an email as this user. I have gone in and given them the necessary permissions in both Active Directory and Outlook (though I may not have had to go to both, I did to cover all options). However, when this user opens a new message and types project@domain.com in the to: field, he is given an undeliverable message stating that he does not have permissions to mail the recipient. If he hits the From: button and selects the user: Proj...

focus question
Hi! I am developing an application for specific pda... i need to create a Software Input Panel(normally its implemented in win ce but the oem excluded it from the system)... the problem is as follows: The software keyboard is in a separate child window... no i need to be able to keep the caret on its place(on a selected editbox for example) while pressing buttons on the keyboard. Please help :) Another question is, what message do i have to send to the application in order to put/send a character to an editbox(specified by the caret). Thanx. climax! wrote: > Hi! > > I am developi...

2 questions
I have two Excel charting questions: 1. Can you make the x axis display on the right side of the chart instead of the left? (and no, the "...crosses at maximum value" checkbox does not make it do this) 2. Can you create an overlay chart with an additional axis with both data series being instacked bar format? I can create on with stacked bar and line, but not two stacked bar ones...they just stack on top instead of being two seperate ones. > 1. Can you make the x axis display on the right side of the chart instead > of > the left? (and no, the "...crosses a...

ISERROR and INDEX Funcion question
I have the following formula in column 4, row 4 of a multi row/column spreadsheet, where I am referencing a value from one worksheet and looking for the same value in an adjacent worksheet. It's basically a VLOOKUP function. =IF(ISERROR(INDEX('Daily Activity'!$A$1:$B$77,SMALL(IF('Daily Activity'!$A$1:$A$77=$B4,ROW('Daily Activity'!$A$1:$A$77)),ROW(1:$1)),2)),"",INDEX('Daily Activity'!$A$1:$B$77,SMALL(IF('Daily Activity'!$A$1:$A$77=$B4,ROW('Daily Activity'!$A$1:$A$77)),ROW(1:$1)),2)) The function works as I wan...

Copy selected columns from .xls to a .txt file question
I would like to be able to copy two columns from a .xls file, columns 2 (B) and 9(I) into a .txt file for approximately 100 rows, using VBA. What is the best way to do this? Thank you try this Sub Copy_Rows() With Application .DisplayAlerts =3D False .ScreenUpdating =3D False End With FpatH =3D "C:\Documents and Settings\username\filename.xls" Workbooks.Open FpatH FileP =3D ActiveWorkbook.path Range("B1:C100").Copy Workbooks.Add ActiveSheet.Paste ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:=3D _ FileP & "\" & "1.txt&...

General CRM 3.0 questions
We are considering using CRM 3 in our SBS IT consulting firm. Our current environment consists of the following: - SBS 2003 and Exchange 2003 - Timetracker MX with QB interface that we use on our Audiovox 6600 PPC phone to track time that is then uploaded to QB for invoicing. - QB for accouting and invoicing - Outlook 2003 that syncronizes with our PPC phone to track contacts, notes, appointments, and tasks. My questions are as follows: - With CRM what sync capabilities will I have with my PPC phone and Outlook. Hi Mark, CRM will not change any sync capabilities between your phone and Ou...

SQL Questions
Hi, i am from Spain, excuse my Inglish I have a Windows Server 2003 R2 x64 1) can I install SQL 2000 Standard Edition? 2) Can I downgrade SQL 2008 Standard Edition licences to SQL 2000 Enterprise? 3) Need Windows 2003 R2 x64 SQL Enterprise Edition or can i install the SQL Standard? Thanks for all and excuse again my Inglish ZIDAC (ZIDAC@discussions.microsoft.com) writes: > I have a Windows Server 2003 R2 x64 > > 1) can I install SQL 2000 Standard Edition? Yes. You will get a message saying that SQL 2000 RTM is not supported on Win2003, but that you need to insta...

Group Policy Question.
I have my personal laptop and I brought it to work the other day. It looks like connecting to the network loaded a group policy onto the computer which seems to be affecting my IE. It says some settings are managed by system administrator and I am also having trouble loading pages. I went to the add-on directory to see if Sun Java was enabled and everything was disabled and cannot be modified. Even when I am at my house the same problems are occuring. A friend of mine just got fired for carrying her laptop to work! Be careful. And this is the Dynamics GP (Great Plains) forum, n...

Simple attachemt question
I have Outlook 2000 and cannot find where this attachment option is. When some folks do an attachment, the icon appears in the body of th message and with others, the icon appears on the bottom of the e-mai in a "ropped off" area from the body. Where can this option b changed? I am certain that this is easy but I can't find it ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com I am unable to tell whether you are having trouble attaching files, o if you are on...

Question for Scott Phillips
Ok, I created an MDI and I have created several Modeless Dialogs which I am able to display. The only problem is that when I pop up a dialog box, the menu and title bar grays out because it no longer has focus because the dialog box now has focus. How can I stop that from happening? I want the Dialog box to have focus but I want the title bar and menu on the frame to not gray out. Why wouldn't you just use the MDI capability? It seems a more logical solution for what you want to accomplish. -- ============ Frank Hickman NobleSoft, Inc. ============ Replace the _nosp@m_ with @ to r...

Question re: Loan setup
I set up a loan and i want it to track via amortization table...but i would also like it to show up as a bill rather than a loan payment transfer...is this possible...i think it would be cleaner than showing the transfers...please let me know best options...thanks... What do you mean by "show up as a bill rather than a loan payment transfer"??? Do you mean you want to schedule it in Bills & Deposits? Do you mean you what the whole amount to be categorized as some expense category like Bills:Mortgage rather than as what it actually is? "TheNoocH" <TheNoocH@discus...

a question about MEM_RESET
why should I bother to use MEM_RESET, why not simply decommit it?? What's the difference between the two? The usage of MEM_RESET is not clear; it appears to mark the pages as no longer being of interest, that is, they won't be backed up to the paging file, but doesn't really say a lot about how to get them back. The only thing I can imagine is that the pages are still retained in the address space, thus reducing the possibility of address space fragmentation. Do you have a compelling reason for using VirtualAlloc instead of malloc/new? (There's a myth, one even insisted ...

NNTP Question
Hello all. I'm new to administering newsgroups on Exchange, so I'm trying to accomplish something and have no idea about how to go about it and hopefully someone here can point me in the right direction. Our organization has several mail distribution lists and what we would like is for when something is sent to the distribution list, it also gets added to a newsgroup on our Exchange server. Is this possible? If so, how do I link the distribution list to the newsgroup? Thanks. ...

2004 MSMoney Install questions
I just bought Money 2004 Deluxe and as I start the install, it starts installing IE 6.0 . I have and would like to keep IE 5.5 - any way around this ? IE 6 along with the additional features also seems prone to virus,spyware,hacks,bugs,crashes,etc - I have no problems with 5.5 and would like to stay at 5.5 . I aborted the install, so can you tell me any other MS "updates" they want me to install ? I currently am still at Win Media Player 6 and want to stay there too - the newer versions want to take over the PC. I prefer QT and Realplayer to WMP V7 and up. I have been using M20...

where is my question?
I placed a questions hours ago I don't find in the list How long take to appear in the list? "EdgardM" <EdgardM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C9318A80-B9A5-4140-91D9-9757C7463F01@microsoft.com... > I placed a questions hours ago I don't find in the list How long take to > appear in the list? Do yourself a BIG favour and ditch the horrible web interface. Use a news reader instead. Setting up Outlook Express/Windows Mail/Windows Live Mail to access Microsoft newsgroups http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/outlookexpressnewreader....

Simple question #4
I'm relatively new to Excel and I want to creat a sheet for my expenses where I can enter a number in one column and have it subtracted from the above cell in the next column and so on, all the way down. I can do this by clicking on the bottom left of the cell and dragging it down but would like it to appear automatically. Sorry if that's not very clear. John In B1 enter the inital balance In A2 and on down enter your expenses In B2 enter: =IF(A2="","",B1-A2) and copy on down -- Gary''s Student - gsnu2007g "gtharwood@gmail.com" wrote: >...