URLDownloadToFile #2

I found one way to do speed limit with this
function : I inserted proper sleep statements in
the callback function... Is this the way to do
it ?

Mike

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

2 Designers
All, how would you handle having two persons who work on creating/designing/editing a DB? TIA FYI I'm not in this situation but just in case. Simultaneously or consecutively? If simultaneously, one approach might be to allow both to open the same file, but the first one on an object will 'lock' it from the other. If consecutively, you'd need a way to ensure that PersonB doesn't start until PersonA is done ... that's a matter of communication. There are tools that help with the communication ... Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Access MVP ...

2 gigabytes of mail on my personal home computer
i receive about 100 pcs of mail a day on my personal computer at home. todate after three years, i have about 2gb and my computer is beginning to run slowly under outlook. what should i do? will archiving reduce my .pst file? how can i make my 2003 outlook run faster. On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 23:41:02 -0800, "Paul Sandoval" <Paul Sandoval@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >i receive about 100 pcs of mail a day on my personal computer at home. todate >after three years, i have about 2gb and my computer is beginning to run >slowly under outlook. what should i do? Wel...

Service Pack 2/ MSDE port usage
Since installing service pack 2 on 1 of my network work computers it now refuses to talk to any other network computer. The file sharing I can fix easily. However, Microsoft SQL Desktop Engine (MSDE), cannot respond to any calls. This is because the program cannot open any ports out of the system. Does anyone know what ports the MDSE uses? I need this information so that other computers can access the database on this server. Thanks How to configure Retail Management System for use with Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2) 8/11/2004 8:00:12 PM 8/4/2004 9:09:08 PM Article ID On ...

Investment Transfer #2
I tried to transfer an existing investment to an existing account. The actual transfer took place a couple of years ago and I never changed it in money. I did the tranfer and all appeared good. I did have to redo my transactions that happened since the actual transfer. However, when i go to the performance screne in portfolio, My data doesn't match what it used to be. Basis is off. It appears to ignore the data previous to the transfer. All transactions do show in the account. In microsoft.public.money, drbauer wrote: >I tried to transfer an existing investment to an existing ac...

URLDownloadToFile
I have 4 simultaneous threads each downloading a file with URLDownloadToFile. If I add another thread (5th), the function does not start until another thread finished... even if all the files are from different servers... Any things from URLDownloadToFile I should know ? Thank you ! Mike ...

Budgeting #2
Anyone know how to creat a budget for only 1 account? Sounds trivial but, I don't think Money can budget just one account???? yes. mark only that account as a 'budget account' What version of msmoney are you using? Tim "Jon" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:710e01c3e6ef$d5008860$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Anyone know how to creat a budget for only 1 account? > Sounds trivial but, I don't think Money can budget just > one account???? ...

Cannot schedule resources in Exchange. #2
Hello. Recently, when I try to schedule resources through the calendar they are not able to do it. They have a "No Information" bar graph through all time slots. How do I get rid of this? I can't seem to find anything on this and I need to be able to schedule these resources whenever I need to. Thanks for the help in advance. Mike ...

Calculated Field based on 2 Running Totals
I need to make a calculated field based on two running totals: Week Metric1 Metric2 Ratio 1 How about a little more detail. "InfiniteJoy" <chris.damsgard@gmail.com> wrote in message news:052eeb76-4ca7-42a4-9952-390fedb4a2a7@24g2000hsh.googlegroups.com... > I need to make a calculated field based on two running totals: > > Week Metric1 Metric2 Ratio > 1 ...

I want to put in 2-2 in a box in excel but it aoutomatically chan.
Enter it as '2-2 or format the cell as text. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "ME" <ME@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5937DDB8-0628-4C0E-AA91-DEE076DF9172@microsoft.com... > ...

Pivot Table #2
Hi, I am having a problem with respect to a Pivot Table. The data sheet contains around 40,000 lines and I am comparing Sep-03 data with Dec-02 for various accounts through a Pivot table. The data for Sep-03 and Dec-02 are in separate columns in the Excel sheet. Problem 1 : When I move either Sep-03 or Dec-02 (any one of them) into the data within the Pivot table, I get perfect listing. However I want to move both the columns and have a comparison. As soon as I move both the columns into the data area within the Pivot table, I donot get a comparison but the data for each account comes below...

procedure #2
I have a client who, when starting Excel, gets the message "cannot use object linking and embedding". This does not happen all the time but when it does, Excel will not start at all. The only way to get Excel to work again is to reboot after this happens. When clicking on any shortcuts to spreadsheets we get "Excel.exe has generated errors & will be closed by windows. You will need to restart the program. An error log is being created." After this happens we must reboot. Any help will be GREATLY appreciated. You have a couple guesses at your first post. B...

Removing Outlook #2
How do I remove Outlook 2002 from one computer so I can install it on another computer and then activate it on the new one? I don't think MS will allow you to do this. When you registered it from the first time it tracks what kind of hardware you have on your PC. SO if your other pc is different, which I am sure it is, it will not allow you to acitvate it online. You might be able to call MS to get it activated. "Bob MacDonald" <bobmacd1@telus.net> wrote in message news:nI5Eb.99189$bC.98028@clgrps13... > How do I remove Outlook 2002 from one computer so I can instal...

Query: convert multiple logical fields into single 2 character text result
I've solved this particular puzzle, although I'd like to find a better solution than mine. So my emergency is resolved, nevertheless if you like puzzles, please read on... The school district wants a CSV file with fields in a specific order and with specific formatting. Here are the seven possible results for EthnicCd: 2 Char where ML = Multiple Races UN = Unknown or Declined to Report IN = American Indian or Alaskan Native AS = Asian or Pacific Islander BL = African American HI = Hispanic WH = White Our "People" database contains eight ethnicity Yes/No...

Outlook Template #2
Dears , Our Organizteion Manual (using paper) internal Memo among managers and users. This paper includes an organization sign and the signiture of the user. Now, i would like to benefit from outlook 2000 template as internal memo between managers only as first step. Here what i have done untill now: * Create a template for each manager contents of the organization sign on the top and manager' signiture in the bottom. However, the organization sign and manager signiture are scanning pictures, and they can be moved and modified in iside template. Is there any way to fix these p...

Net Send #2
Hello, I have created a userform in excel that allows a user to send a "Net Send" message to other users on the network. To allow multi-sending I have created a loop statment that repeat's the command the appropriate number of times depending on the user group select. This work's fine but is fairly untidy as it results in numerous CMD boxes appearing on the task bar while it loops. To resolve this I would like re-program to userform to create a batch to send the message to the users, how can i do this as I have little to no experience with batch files Thanks Thi...

error in excel #2
I when I try to open document in excel I keep getting a "cannot use object linking and embedding" error and I can't open the program. Any suggestions? Did this just start happening? If yes, were you hit by the MSBlast worm? One poster (Lutz Meyer) guessed that this was the cause of his problems. I haven't seen any confirmation/denial, but you may want to read his post: http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=3F3971AF.FA4490F5%40msn.com Post back with your results. I'm curious if that was the problem. (It's come up quite a few times since MSBlast hit.) Je...

VC++ #2
At present I have no messages for you ,but I have a query that is disturbing me a lot. 1.Why we should use Vc++ enviornment instead of visual basic . a.Since VB does the same thing that VC++ does and does it with less complexity. 2.Is API programming is better than MFC or WE should concentrate more on MFC then API. (1) One very convincing reason should be that VB as it existed during the VB6 days is now obsolete. MS will not release further versions of the VB6 language/compiler. VB.NET is the successor but it's aimed for .NET and not at native app development. (2) MFC is a thin wra...

smartlist tables #2
Does anyone know what tables house the 'generic' smartlist names? The smartlist builder ones are stored in the SLB* in the Dynamics database but I am looking to generate a listing of all 'canned' categories and their now dozens of flavours that have been created by the user community under each tree. My guess is that they are still in the old Explorer table but not sure where those are... any ideas? Version 9.0 BTW. thanks... m/ Smartlist normally uses ASI* -- Microsoft Dynamics GP MVP http://ddelprado.blogspot.com "meyarm@hotmail.com" wrote: > Does anyo...

Access violation #2
I get an access violation when running the PostThreadMessage in the code below: void CXXXDlg::OnListenButton() { if(m_ThreadRecvSocket == 0) return; m_ThreadRecvSocket->PostThreadMessage(WM_CLOSE_SOCKET, 0, 0); } This however works just fine, BOOL CXXXDlg::OnInitDialog() { // code m_ThreadRecvSocket->PostThreadMessage(WM_CLOSE_SOCKET, 0, 0); return true; } So why do I get an access violation in OnInitDialog and not on OnListenButton ? "John Nash" <laasunde@<remove>online.no> wrote: >I get an access violation when running the PostThreadMess...

Read Receipts #2
I have outlook set to never send a read receipt, but it still sends everyone a read receipt. any ideas? Hi... I had that same problem. I had it set to "Ask me before sending a response" but changed it to "Never send a response" thinking I could skip a step but found out that it sent one anyways. I changed it back to "Ask me..." and it works. Is this a bug? >-----Original Message----- >I have outlook set to never send a read receipt, but it still sends everyone >a read receipt. any ideas? > > >. > ...

CRM Version 2.0
I see several features that I'm looking for are planned for version 2.0. Can anyone tell me when this version is due to be released? ETA Q1 2005 Frank Lee Workopia, Inc. San Francisco, CA >> Other Microsoft CRM Online Forum Resources: http://www.workopia.com/Links.htm >-----Original Message----- >I see several features that I'm looking for are planned >for version 2.0. Can anyone tell me when this version is >due to be released? >. > Latest "hope for" date is Q2 2005, however that is not a set date... John. "Terri" <anonymo...

Layaways #2
Hello, there. Here in my country, layaways have a very particular way to be treated because uf legal reasons: When you establish the layaway, an invoice (with a correct invoice numbering) has to be emitted, and inventory should be reserved. When making payments, receipts have to be printed, and when completely paid, another receipt. The actual sale has to be registered at the moment of the first payment, as taxes must be paid to the correspondent authority. If the layaway is cancelled, the item has to be un-reserved, and it is possible to sell it again. Is there a way to obtain this f...

Money 2007 Reports #2
Money is terrible in the way it prints reports. I can't tell if I should print in portrait or landscape mode, if the fields are too big or have any idea of how it will look. Each time I modify the look of a report and save it, it still appears the same the next time. Print preview does not work for any of my printers. I am wasting way too much paper to get a report I can keep. How can I save the report the way I want it printed, or at least get print preview to work? Thanks, Lou In microsoft.public.money, Lou Venema wrote: >Money is terrible in the way it prints reports. I...

attachment blocking #2
HI, I am using exchange2003.In that server i want to restrict harmful virus attachements like.. .scr,.exe,.pix ,etc.. With out using any third parties is it possible to do ????.I know we can resrict individually through outlook client. I need a solution or script that i want to stop all the harmful attachements in the exchange2003 server only. Thank you very much. Srikrishna "=?Utf-8?B?U3Jpa3Jpc2huYQ==?=" <Srikrishna@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:07793E55-7311-47F8-8EA4-30E04A697A4F@microsoft.com: > I am using exchange2003.In that server i want to ...

Accounts #2
Is it possible to delete/alter transactions in customers accounts. I understand that I can credit an account to fix a mistake but sometimes it would be nice to delete that entry and start again. It looks messy when we make mistakes and for some customers that we give discounts to, if we forget to give them the discount and then try to fix it later by crediting they see the original price on the statement. The second question was, does anyone know if it is possible to give chosen accounts a set discount? I'd like to be able to set friends accounts to 30% discount, so that staff can ...