update toolbar button immediately(fix)

Env: VC++6.00 and MFC

Define ID_TOOLBAR_BTN1 as ID of one of a toolbar button in a CView based
app.
and define functions.

BOOL m_bToolbatBtn1;
ON_COMMAND(ID_TOOLBAR_BTN1, OnToolbarBtn1)
ON_UPDATE_COMMAND_UI(ID_TOOLBAR_BTN1 , OnUpdateToolbarBtn1);

void CMyView::OnToolbarBtn1()
{
    m_bToolbatBtn1^= TRUE;
}

void CMyView::OnUpdateToolbarBtn1(CCmdUI* pCmdUI)
{
     pCmdUI->SetCheck(m_bToolbatBtn1);
}

void CMyView::OnBtn2()
{
    //to set OnToolbarBtn1 unchecked when mydlg is opened, I try to set
m_bToolbatBtn1= FALSE here.
 if ( m_bToolbatBtn1)
    m_bToolbatBtn1= FALSE;

 CMyDlg dlg;
 dlg.DoModal();
}

My problem is that OnToolbarBtn1 is set to be unchecked only AFTER the dlg
is closed.
I wonder how to uncheck OnToolbarBtn1 before the dlg is opened.

Thanks.
William

0
port (143)
5/11/2006 7:56:20 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

You can try forcing a update by using pApp->OnIdle(-1);

---
Ajay

0
ajaykalra (6841)

Problem with Script Updating

PC Freezes up when selecting the reply button
Windows 2000 SP4, OutlookXP (2002)w/SP2 When a new message comes in, I open the message, click on reply and the message freezes up. I can and do close the email message. Open it again and can select reply with no problems. Any suggestions? Message format is Rich text. I'm having the same problem, with the exception that I am unable to close the email. I have to kill Outlook. I'm running Windows XP with Outlook 2002 SP2. >-----Original Message----- >Windows 2000 SP4, OutlookXP (2002)w/SP2 >When a new message comes in, I open the message, click on >reply and t...

Update for MS Money 2005?

Publisher 2007 and Microsoft Updates

Double Click Command Button to run module
I have code like the following in a module and a Call command linked to a command button on Sheet1 which is named Index. Sheet 2 is named Form. When I check the check box and press the command button only the cell range defined is highlighted but does not change to yellow. After going back the the Index sheet and pressing the command button again will the cells then turn yellow. What can I add so the cells will follow the complete code on the first press of the command button. Thanks for the help! Public Sub AddingEquipment() If Worksheets("Index").CheckBox1.Value = Fa...

Update question

Missing toolbars-- tried everything!
Hello- The only toolbar that shows up when I open a database (after importing the data) is the menu toolbar, containing file/window/help. The only thing that appears is the soil reports window. After closing the window, I'm unable to look at anything in the database. I tried following the advice given to similar problems (CTRL+G-- which didn't have anything come up to allow me to enter in the code; and resetting the menu bar back to it's original settings), but nothing has worked. What's weird is that Access has worked properly in the past, the first few times I tri...

How Do you Lock the Toolbar?
Is there any way to lock the toolbar in excel. I keep on accidentally moving things around. No. I think the reason for locking the toolbars in the browsers is to protect you from websites that hijack your home page at least I've never seen it mentioned in any other context. When you change the size of the window things are going to move around. --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm Search Page: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/search.htm "Jeff" <Jeff@discussi...

How update entity in post update?

latest update too MSCFV2

Dynamic Menu update

online updates for money2003(not updating)

[ANN] Excel X security update

The News button is not available in the Comands section
Where did it go? How can I bring it back? did you add it to the toolbar once? To get the News command back, go back to the Programs tab in Control Panel | Internet Options and change the default newsreader to Outlook Express. If OE prompts you to make it your default newsreader the next time you launch it, click the "Don't ask me again" box and then click the No button. You may need to reset the menu or toolbar using Tools, customize. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart G...

Payroll Update

HOW ABOUT AN UPDATE?

FWD: Try on these correction update from the MS Corp.
--omvflfmgecbtuznop Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="pesxyyfvxtk"; type="multipart/alternative" --pesxyyfvxtk Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="locjfxspwlfruwcg" --locjfxspwlfruwcg Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Client this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to continue keeping your computer secure from th...

Cannot Update office
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel When I try to update office a message appears saying that a version of the software needed to udate microsoft office is not available. What is this and what can be done to correct it I have the same problem with Tiger 10.4.11. "efrosini@officeformac.com" wrote: > Version: 2008 > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) > Processor: intel > > When I try to update office a message appears saying that a version of the software needed to udate microsoft office is not available. What is this and ...

Cannot update table--only does SQL insert
Hi, just another newbie type of question.... i have a new window with its own table. i'm doing a "copy from window to table" &c, and it works fine to insert data the first time. however, i can tell from the SQL Profiler that when I try to modify the data, it does not do an update--it tries to do another insert (and of course, can't). Is there something I should be setting in Dexterity somewhere to make the table updatable, or do I need to manage this with PassThroughSQL? thanks in advance. Table operations are covered in detail during the Dexterity Training, pl...

automatically update field
Hi I have a combo box with two columns - product & stock code. When I select a product I want the the stock code column which I have in my table to automatically populate. Is this possible to have on the actual main table? -- Thank you for your help Yes - you could use the AfterUpdate event of the combo to set the value of the control bound to the field holding the stock code. But - why ? You already have the stock code so it seems you want to store it again (twice in the same table or - even worse - in another table). Both of these are very bad ideas. You should use the rel...