uninstall query

Hi All ,
This is my first msg in this group hope i'll get help n some idea, ok
now time for the problem.... i have developed a simple MFC dialog based

program which when runs creates few txt file which holds simple numeric

data which i use during the operation of the program, now my
requirement is ... whenever i uninstall the program all files including

the folder / sub folder should get deleted, i am not using any DLL in
my program.

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Isn't that something you should be doing in the uninstaller?

--
Vipin Aravind
http://www.explorewindows.com/Blogs

"PARIJAT" <parijat_3000@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi All ,
> This is my first msg in this group hope i'll get help n some idea, ok
> now time for the problem.... i have developed a simple MFC dialog based
>
> program which when runs creates few txt file which holds simple numeric
>
> data which i use during the operation of the program, now my
> requirement is ... whenever i uninstall the program all files including
>
> the folder / sub folder should get deleted, i am not using any DLL in
> my program.

0
vipin (697)
9/9/2006 1:50:48 AM
"PARIJAT" <parijat_3000@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi All ,
> This is my first msg in this group hope i'll get help n some idea, ok
> now time for the problem.... i have developed a simple MFC dialog based
>
> program which when runs creates few txt file which holds simple numeric
>
> data which i use during the operation of the program, now my
> requirement is ... whenever i uninstall the program all files including
>
> the folder / sub folder should get deleted, i am not using any DLL in
> my program.

Using a DLL or not has no impact on this. This has nothing to do with
coding. Its all done by uninstall script that you use to uninstall your
application.

--
Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++]
ajaykalra@yahoo.com

0
ajaykalra (6842)

query relationship text --> Number 18,6 type mismatch
I need to pull a list of posted invoice with prepaid terms (sql below) using two tables and INNER JOIN [ARTrans] ON [InvoiceHeaderHistory].Invoice = [ARTrans].TRANS_NUMBER. [InvoiceHeaderHistory].Invoice is 18,6 Number [ARTrans].TRANS_NUMBER is text How can I overcome the yype mismatch? SELECT [InvoiceHeaderHistory].[CustID], [InvoiceHeaderHistory]. [CustNm], [InvoiceHeaderHistory].[Terms Desc] AS OPEN_T, [InvoiceHeaderHistory].[InvoiceDate], [ARTrans].balance FROM [InvoiceHeaderHistory] INNER JOIN [ARTrans] ON [InvoiceHeaderHistory].Invoice = [ARTrans].TRANS_NUMBER WHERE ((([...

Cannot uninstall MSIE to reinstall with Outlook Express upgrade
I need to upgrade to the newest version of OE but to do so I would have to uninstall MSIE as The installer senses that a newer version is already installed and will not let me proceed with installation. Help?! Hi - that's odd, as OE is part of IE. Have you run Windows Update recently? Also note - This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different program, despite its similar name.. You will probably get a faster and more expert answer if you post this to an Outlook Express news group. Try po...

refer to a particular column in a listbox in a query
Greetings: I have an unbound combo box whose rowsource is based on a query. The SQL statement is reproduced below: SELECT tlkpProtocolSubtypes.chrProtocolSubType FROM tlkpProtocolSubtypes WHERE (((tlkpProtocolSubtypes.intTestLkpID)=[Forms]![frmMaster]![fsubOpenEPS]![lbxTest].[column(4)])) ORDER BY tlkpProtocolSubtypes.SortOrder; The problem I am having is the needed information from lbxTest for the where clause is in column 4 of lbxTest. I can not seem to figure out how to refer to lbxTest.column(4) in my query using the query builder. Thanks for any help. -- Steve ...

Uninstall client for outlook
Hi Guys, I am having trouble installing Desktop client for outlook for CRM 3.0. When I try to install, I get an error saying somthing like the version is not compatible or the client already exists. When I checked, I found that C:\Program Files\Microsoft CRM\Client folder already exists and has some files in it. There is also MSDE database for CRM on the machine. I want to completely uninstall this client. But I do not see the entries for CRM client and MSDE database under Add/Remove programs. Can anyone tell me how to manually uninstall CRM client as well the MSDE database? You help is gr...

Complete uninstall
How do you do a 100% uninstall of Outlook, so that it can be reinstalled cleanly? My copy of Outlook has gotten corrupted (vague "unknown error" messages whenever I try to do nearly anything), and I haven't been able to fix it. I want to reinstall the program, so I I removed it using the Office Installer update feature, then rebooted and reinstalled, using the same feature. No luck--the reinstallation had the same problems. Next, I completely uninstalled Office, rebooted and reinstalled. Same result--I've still got the same problems in Outlook. Now, I realize the pro...

Updateable Query Problem
I have a table with an autonum primary key. I'm unable to create a key using several fields because two of the fields which should be part of the key can be null. I am using this table as a temp table and need to test the data for possible user errors. I've created an error# field in the table where I would like to store the error # information so I can report the error row and reason to the user. Then the user can use that information to correct the record. One of the 'tests' I would like to conduct is a Duplicate Check. I have created a query which group...

combo box column value in query
Hi, All: I have a combo box displays four columns of information, the first column was used in a query to filetring a table, then the third column was used for filter another table to be displyed in a listing-box. for the combo box its first column value in a query grid criteria is : [Forms]![itsfrm]![cbocomb] it works fine, however, the value of third combo box does not come up as it supposed to be for the combo box its third column value,: [Forms]![itsfrm]![cbocomb]![column](2) it does not return value as shown in the combo box listing. Am I doing something not right, I can't ...

Microsoft Money 2002 install/uninstall
Money installation wizard starts every time I try to enter the control panel. I already have Money 2002 installed. However, after uninstalling, the program continues to be shown in my program list on the install/uninstall window. Please help. ...

Uninstalling Outlook 2007
Hello, Can anyone tell me how to uninstall Outlook 2007? There seems to be an option to remove a program on the installation disc, but I don't understand what to do to select Outlook. Thanks for any help and God Bless, Mark A. Sam Where exactly do you get stuck? You can start the (un)installer from Control Panel as well, just like you would uninstall any other application. To uninstall just Outlook, click on Change instead. In the setup dialog, select Outlook in the list and set its installation status to Not Available. Just curious; what are you trying to ac...

Frustrating Error when opening a query in VBA code
Hi All, Whenever I want to create a recordset in code using a query that uses a filter by form variable to refine the data set (or even one that is a sub-query) i keep getting the following erro when the code tries to create the recordset. "Run Time Error '3601' Too Few Parameters Epected 1" Can someone explain why I get this error and what to do about it? The frustrating thing is that the query runs perfectly when I design it but not when I call it in code. As always any help is really appreciated. Regards, john Dumay U´┐Żytkownik "John Dumay" <JohnDu...

The query processor could not produce a query plan
SQL 2005 with SP3 Before I added the following view to the SELECT that follows it, the whole thing has always run fine. This view gets all the unique dates from a main table (tblNotices) and one of its subtables (tblNotices_AdjournmentDates) ALTER VIEW [dbo].[vwLatestAdjSaleDates] AS SELECT DISTINCT NoticeID, (SELECT TOP 1 AdjournmentDate FROM dbo.tblNotices_AdjournmentDates WHERE NoticeID = A.NoticeID ORDER BY AdjournmentDate DESC) AS DateOfSale FROM dbo.tblNotices_AdjournmentDates A UNION ALL SELECT NoticeID, DateOfSale FROM dbo.tblNotices WHERE NoticeID NOT IN (SE...

Query Help for Newb
All, I am a sql newb and in a bind and all out of ideas at the moment but I was thrown into figuring a query out to report back what my manager wants to see. Basically I have a table similar to the one below that I need to write a query against that will give me this report style format once ran. This is going to be run on a schedule in one of our systems that will email the results daily to my manager. I am ok with simple select and join statements but do not know where to start with manipulating the queried data inside the query. Similar table: hostname severit...

Relative Queries
I have several OLE DB queries that work just fine. The show a source of M:\MyNetwork\MyFolder\MyDB.mdb. Is it possible to make this a relative reference so that it just finds MyDB.mdb when it resides in the same folder. TIA, Paul Hammond Public MpathY as string="M:\MyNetwork\MyFolder\MyDB.mdb" Put this in module1 MpathY can then be the source word "Paul Hammond" wrote: > I have several OLE DB queries that work just fine. The show a source of > M:\MyNetwork\MyFolder\MyDB.mdb. > > Is it possible to make this a relative reference so that it just fi...

When is Uninstall not Uninstall?
First a sad story. Office 2003/SP 1 Outlook up and running - AOK. Install Lotus Notes Adapter To Outlook. Migration of Lotus Notes Folders begins and then hangs (24 hours). Kill Outlook Process. Re-start Outlook Outlook opens - reports "can not open folders" AND SHUTS DOWN. OK, So now all I want is to get outlook back up and running without Lotus Notes. (PST files are backuped up). Uninstall Outlook and leave the rest of office in place. re-boot Install Outlook. Re-start Outlook Outlook opens - reports "can not open folders" AND SHUTS DOWN. Uninstall Outlook and leave ...

update query 04-17-07
Hi When I run an update query via a code, it does not update. When I debug.print the sql and copy it to a query and run the query it works. What am I missing here? Many thanks in advance for any help. Richard Hi Richard, can you post your code? Jon "Richard" <richardbee@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OGybEPLgHHA.3412@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hi > > When I run an update query via a code, it does not update. When I > debug.print the sql and copy it to a query and run the query it works. > > What am I missing here? > > Many thanks in advance ...

uninstall query
Hi All , This is my first msg in this group hope i'll get help n some idea, ok now time for the problem.... i have developed a simple MFC dialog based program which when runs creates few txt file which holds simple numeric data which i use during the operation of the program, now my requirement is ... whenever i uninstall the program all files including the folder / sub folder should get deleted, i am not using any DLL in my program. Isn't that something you should be doing in the uninstaller? -- Vipin Aravind http://www.explorewindows.com/Blogs "PARIJAT" <parijat...

When an uninstall is not an uninstall
I was trying to rectify a problem with WLMail auto sign in. I am asked for my password after every reboot but then can exit and reopen WLMail automatically during the rest of the session. On restart, password request shows again. Anyway, I decided to do a complete uninstall/reinstall. In Add/Remove Programs, I uninstalled Windows Live Essentials, Upload Tool, Sign-In Assistant and Office Add In. I then rebooted. Went into Explorer and deleted any "Live" folders that were there (Admin, Username, All Users). Rebooted. I then reinstalled Mail using Microsoft ...

Query for UK Financial period
Does anyone have any SQL statement(s) that can return the UK financial period for a date? Dates are in the form dd/mm/yyyy hh:nn:ss (where "nn" is minutes). I am happy to create nested SQL with parameter passing if necessary. I will be using it to populate a "Period Number" field in a table where there is already a data field from which the period will be calculated. The period number will take the form "2007\01, 2007\02, 2007\03, 2007\04" e.t.c. I know I can use a table with the Start and End dates along with the corresponding Period Number but this is slow and I...

access update query ignore nulls
I have an update query that updates two fields in my database. I use a temp table so the users can enter data all day, and then come back to it later and add to it. Then once the user wants to update in batch, an update query is run to update the fields in the related records. But sometimes one field of the two in the temp table has no data, and I don't want to overwrite what may already be in that field with nothing. Is there a way to do it where if the field in the temp table has nothing in it that it does not get updated. Example Rec ID invoiceDate InvoiceAmt ...

How do I paste URL for web query with Excel2003
I'm trying to use the web query function. When I choose data/ import external data/new web query only my home page comes up. I cant paste a new URL in the address bar of the edit web query window. I can highlight and type in a URL. Any way I can easily select a new URL for a web query. Thanks You can record a macro of making the change and then modify the macro to accept variables Post a few of the urls. -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com <ian.qmulus@googlemail.com> wrote in message news:1190017851.052759.56390@w3g2000hsg.googleg...

IIf works in query but not in report
Does the IIf function work differently in queries from the way it works in reports? For example, this works in a query: lastName: IIf([Last]="Smith",Null,([Last])) (I can hid the last name "Smith" in the lastName field.) However, I cannot use the same IIf as a control source in a report. It generates a circular reference error message. = IIf([Last]="Smith",Null,([Last])) (If the name is not "Smith", then print it.) Is this just how IIf works? ...

Script for uninstalling an Outlook add-in administratively (.exe)
I have this script that I am trying to automate, but the Send Keys are not working: Option Explicit Dim strComputer, strMSI, MSIapp, App, AppToRemove, objShell strComputer = "." set objShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell") '======================================== AppToRemove = "Cisco MeetingPlace for Outlook" ' strMSI = UninstallString(AppToRemove) If strMSI<>"" Then wscript.echo strMSI objShell.Run strMSI End If function UninstallString(strProductName) dim strComputer, oReg, strKeyPath, arrSubKeys, subkey, x ...

microsoft office install
Office:mac student/teacher edition was installed on our new i-mac before "uninstallinng" the "test drive" version first. Do I have to uninstall both versions (and reinstall the purchased version) or just the "test drive" (does that leave the purchased version operating?). If I have to reinstall the student/teacher edition, (which is good for 3 installs) is one of those now wasted? Or can I do numerous installs on the same computer without penalty? zeb wrote: > Office:mac student/teacher edition was installed on our new i-mac > before "uninstallinng&...

Query to divide.
Hi All, Can someone assist me with a query? I need field Expr1: [Results] to divide [Rate Total] by [Contracted Rate]. Rate Total and Contracted rates are in 2 seperate tables I brought into the query but can't seem to get the right syntax for the division. Help :-) Thanks, -- AndrewB. On Mon, 3 Mar 2008 08:47:04 -0800, AndrewB <drewjberry@hotmail.com> wrote: >Hi All, > >Can someone assist me with a query? I need field Expr1: [Results] to >divide [Rate Total] by [Contracted Rate]. Rate Total and Contracted rates >are in 2 seperate tables I brought into...

Windows Live Mail
I am trying to help a friend of mine. I use Outlook 2003, but I have acquired a general understanding of hoe WLM works. I'm going to try to be as brief and clear as I can. WLM was already installed, but not setup, on his PC (Windows XP-home-sp3) when he installed a Microsoft webcam. First step was to come up with an ID (Screen name), then, we had no choice, we had to select "@hotmail.com or @Livemail.com". We chose the latter. The next step was to add an account. At this point we realized that to get to your e-mail you had firsdt to sign in to Windows Live, t...