unicode application

hi,
Priyanka here,
this is a question related to VB.
i want to make the VB application unicode based.
i am not able to do it right now. if anybody knows please let me know
about this.

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Application defined or object defined error
Hi All Here is a strange one I have a command button that envokes code "mnuExit" - this code does a bunch of different things and then closes the excel file. I have more code in the BeforeClose and Workbook_Deactivate events. Everything runs properly if there are no other Excel Files open - however - IF there are other excel files open once all the code has finished running I get a dialogue box that says: "Applicatiob-defined or object-defined error" there is no 1004 or anything else - and there is nothing in my code that is causing this error - I have s...

unicode application
hi, Priyanka here, this is a question related to VB. i want to make the VB application unicode based. i am not able to do it right now. if anybody knows please let me know about this. ...

Start Application rule with arguments?
I would like to start an application in a rule but I need to pass either the mail's subject or body as the argument to the application. Is there any way to do that without using a third-party component? ...

How create a manifest for a VC++ 5 application?
I have an application developed under VC++ 5 that I want to install properly under Vista (i.e. not rely on virtualisation etc). I understand that I need to create a manifest for my program that will specify: (a) the execution level it requires (which is 'asInvoker') (b) What code dependencies it has (DLLs it calls into?) Actually do I even need to bother with (b)? Is this required for Vista? Is it just (a) that I need? If I do need, (b): the application (call it XYZ.EXE) is built using the MFC42.DLL and also the MSVCRT.DLL. These are installed (using innosetup) in the syste...

Which control should I use to display Unicode characters?
Hi, there, I want to show Unicode characters, such as Chinese and Arabic. Which control should I use? Could you please give me a bit of example code? Thanks a lot. Gary You do not need specific control to display Unicode strings. Normally, you would use SetWindowText function to set the control text. If you look in winuser.h file this 'function' #defined as SetWindowTextA or SetWindowTextW (depending on the type of the build). If you want to use Unicode text regardless of build type, specify SetWindowTextW explicitly. Note that you need to have appropriate fonts installed to a...

How to loop through child windows in an MDI application?
Hi, can anyone tell me how to loop through all child windows in an MDI application? The child windows are created using this code: void CTestApp::OnFileNew() { // CMainFrame is derived from CMDIFrameWnd CMainFrame *pFrame=STATIC_DOWNCAST(CMainFrame, m_pMainWnd); pFrame->CreateNewChild(RUNTIME_CLASS(CChildFrame), IDR_TESTTYPE, m_hMDIMenu, m_hMDIAccel); } Thanks in advance. CDocument::GetFirstViewPosition() and CDocument::GetNextView() AliR. "xg" <xg1@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:uaMRoJ00FHA.1564@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hi, can anyone tell me how...

VERIFY and TRACE, how to implement for debug/release, unicode-aware, no warnings at lvl 4
Hi group and apologize because this isn't a pure MFC-question. I have to finish a raw win32 app written in C++. I really miss the macros TRACE and VERIFY, which I tend to use when writing MFC programs. I googled for "win32 verify macro" and the very first hit is for a codeproject.com project with implementations to be used in a win32 program, however. The project contains a single header file, debug.h, but it doesn't compile without warnings (using warning level 4), doesn't seem to be unicode aware and doesn't compile at all in release mode. I was just wonderin...

Unicode
I want to make an application for international use which should all languages(which unicode support). So i want to know how to change language? or in ther words, how to change my Locale( at run time). ...

Determine framework version used by an application or a .dll
Hi, Is there a way to determine if an application (currently running in windows) is using the 3.0, 3.5 net framework?? I already tried several methods and lost many hours on this but I always get the CLR version and not the "real" framework version How do I get the used framework version (or the target framework) of an application? Thanks, On 5/2/2010 5:35 AM, SQACSharp wrote: > Hi, > > Is there a way to determine if an application (currently running > in windows) is using the 3.0, 3.5 net framework?? > > I already tried several metho...

How to convert to unicode in ADSI
Hi all, I made a vbs to add an extra e-maill address to a distribution list group. The e-mail address should be <group name>@dnv.com. As we are a Norwegian company, the group name sometimes contains Norwegian character such as "Ø". When I look into ADSI, the string with "Ø" do updates in "mail" attribute. But if I want to send e-mail to this distribution goup, error will report that "The format of the e-mail address is incorrect". I found if I manually create the e-mail address, the system will automatically convert ...

Drag-and-Drop onto Application Icon?
I have an MFC MDI app that registers a number of file types using RegisterShellFileTypes(). I've also called EnableShellOpen() and DragAcceptFiles(). If I launch the app and double-click a file registered to that app, the app opens the file as it should. If I drag a registered file onto the Main Frame window, it opens fine. If the app has not yet been launched, dragging a file onto its icon launches it and opens the file, as expected. However, if I drag a registered file onto the application icon or onto its shortcut when the app has already been launched, nothing happens. The app ...

ftpd unicode
In Wince 5.0 file and folder names may contain UNICODE (e.g. cyrillic or chinese)characters. I was not able to transfer such files via FTP. I think it is a problem of ftpd. Any suggestions ? Tank you You've got full source code of FTPD, so clone it (see my blog) and change it to whatever you need, or buy a 3rd party FTP implementation for CE. Note that FTPD is shipped as "Sample" meaning it's not a full featured final program. Good luck, Michel Verhagen, eMVP Check out my blog: http://GuruCE.com/blog GuruCE Microsoft Embedded Partner http://...

Clipboard for Unicode and Non-Unicode
Hi all, We have a progarm write with non-unicode. I found that in some language, the character can not be pasted to CEdit correctly. For example, if our application is running on Russian XP, the string copy from IE can be pasted to CEdit properly. But if I pasted the same string into Notepad, and then copy the string from notepad to our CEdit, the string can not show corectly. Is it a coding problem? Is it possible to make CEdit to accept the string from notepad? Thanks, Justin If it is a question of pasting a UTF16 string into a single-byte edit control, you could try it in two stages: L...

further help deploying an application within my database
i am slowly building a db to assist me with the paperwork that is required for me to do, i am new to access and am building my db as i go along, seeing bits i like, ideas ect and adding them to mine. my work in the emergency health care requires follow up documentation, i have to produce documents to show that skills i have used, how i maintained and improved my knowledgebase and how i have implimented these at incidents i have attended. to this end i have a number of tables and various forms to capture various records of the skills i used, medication i administered ect. this pr...

How do you enter Unicode characters that don't have a Alt-nnnn shortcut?
I have a need to enter a range of non-English names into a combo box on a form in an Access 2003 application. Sometimes this requires the use of accented characters that do not appear on a UK keyboard. If I refer to the Windows XP Character Map facility (charmap,.exe) then I can see that many such foreign characters have been allocated an Alt-nnnn code that is displayed at the bottom right of the Character Map acreen. This makes it easy to enter these characters. However, many other characters have not been given an Alt-nnnn keyboard shortcut. They only have a U-FFFF code, displayed at...

Visio asking for Visual Basic for Applications.............................HELP!!! tia
My work laptop came with visio 2003 and when I try to merge an excel table it is asking for the Visual Basic for Applications. Is this something I can download some where? Thanx in advance. I suspect that it is included in the trial version. CAVEAT becareful that you don't over write your production legal system with the trial software. I'd suggest you go back to those that loaded it onto your system. Another source is the VBA6.2 SDK which is available for download from MS. Al "Boll Weevil" <dryer@maytag.com> wrote in message news:i30aa01k5fqegpg8rpt3ms5k0hgtthli2q@4...

email to application -- yearning for a sendmail feature in Exchange
In my Unix days (long ago), we could set up an email alias that would pipe the contents of a message into an application. Sendmail would perform it's duties by opening a pipe to the application and feeding the text of the message off to this application on stdin. It was a great feature. Now I live in the Exchange world (2003 version) and I could use that functionality but I can't find any way to do this. My need is to print any message that arrives in a mailbox. I want to do this server-side, so I don't have to leave outlook running somewhere just to kick off the rules. ...

Opening CSV file(saved in unicode) in excel
Hi, If anyone can help me on this, I would really appreciate that. I have a file that is saved in .csv extension (Unicode format). Let's say for example, I have the data as follows: "text1","text2",123,"text3",450.00 When I save the above data in .csv (in Ascii format) and open in excel file, I see that each value is placed in adjacent columns. When I save the same data in .csv (Unicode) I see the whole information appears in the single cell(first cell only). Is there a limitation to the CSV FILE opening in EXCEL, with Unicode format? Any inputs/...

How to Play audio file through VC++ application...
Hi i am working with audio playing through VC++ application. Currently i am using DirectSound API to play the audio file of PCM format (Wav). But my this code does not play the wav files with MPEG-Layer 3 fomat. Could anybody please help me out by any code sample the plays audio file of any format... Thanks in advance... Mujtaba This is what I started out with. It is a simple interface to the sound card. http://www.codeguru.com/Cpp/G-M/multimedia/article.php/c1587 You may want to check out these... http://www.codeguru.com/Cpp/G-M/multimedia/audio/article.php/c4739/ http://www.codeproject...

Does POS 2009 still support 3rd party CC processing applications
Does POS 2009 support CC applications like PC-Charge? thanks Ed No, you will have to have a custom integration created to have this functionality. "Ed at JKC" wrote: > Does POS 2009 support CC applications like PC-Charge? > > thanks > Ed > ...

wupdmgr.exe Application Error Event ID 1000, 1004
Greetings, I have problem on many different machines with Windows XP Professional editions within the same network: on logon I receive the message: The instruction at "0x004021c0" referenced memory at "0x8240428". The memory could not be "read" for wupdmgr.exe. Event logs on the machines are just stuffed up with Events 1000 and 1004 Application Errors for wupdmgr.exe. My AV software is KIS2010 and most of these computers are fresh Windows XP installations. My AV software didnt find any viruses or trojans, hardware requirements for operating system...

problems with application close
Hi, I'm trying to make a macro in VBA for excel to close the sheet/application. After looking up some codes on the internet, I still get the popup alert with the question whether I want to save the changes or not. I've tried all of these codes: Function activeer() Application.ScreenUpdating = False Application.DisplayAlerts = False 'Call CopySpecificFile 'Call CopyFileType 'Application.ScreenUpdating = True 'Application.DisplayAlerts = True 'Application.Quit 'ThisWorkbook.Close savechanges:=False 'ActiveWorkbook.Close False 'Application....

unicode format files for Outlook 2002
I use Outlook 2002. I would like to use Unicode files (for larger size). I see references to using it with Outlook 2003, but none for 2002. can unicode files be used with Outlook 2002? If so, how? thanks, Huck No OL 2003 & 2007 only "Huck Rorick" <huckrorick@groundwork.org> wrote in message news:epYUYAl4IHA.2348@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... >I use Outlook 2002. I would like to use Unicode files (for larger size). >I see references to using it with Outlook 2003, but none for 2002. can >unicode files be used with Outlook 2002? If so, how? > > than...

User applications evaluation/feedback
Does anyone have/know of a good example of a feedback form for users to give their evaluation of applications provided to them? I don't want to reinvent the wheel, so I'm looking for something I can crib and adapt, preferably in Word or Excel format. Grateful for any suggestions/links. ...

Are there and Built-in Application Failover Technologies in .NET and/or Windows Server 2008 (or SQL Server)
Hi all A bit of a general question, hence the cross-posting. I have a .NET application running on a Windows Server 2008 server. For resilience, I want to run it on another server simultaneously, but only one instance of the application can be 'active' at any one time. In the event that the active instance of the application fails for some reason, I want the passive one to take over. What techniques are there available to make this an automatic process? Of course, I can roll my own, as it were, and I would be interested in how other people would implement a bespoke ...