Unable to set listening port on an activeX control

Hi.
I have incorporated an activeX control on my application but when i set
its listening port to a particular port it does not get set. When i do
a netstat -ab on the command line, the port that my application listens
to is some random port other than what i have set. What could be the
problem? And how do i get it right? The similar application works in
VB.

Regards
Rahul

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

"rahulthathoo" <rahul.thathoo@gmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Hi.
> I have incorporated an activeX control on my application but when i set
> its listening port to a particular port it does not get set. When i do
> a netstat -ab on the command line, the port that my application listens
> to is some random port other than what i have set. What could be the
> problem?

You did something wrong.

> And how do i get it right?

If anything else fails read the manual, or at least tell us which of the
millions of Active X controls your are using, what you are doing with it,
what you expect it should do and what it actually does.

    Heinz

0
hozwirk.SPAM (112)
7/17/2006 12:14:55 PM
Is this a pre-existing ActiveX control or one you wrote yourself?  If it is pre-existing,
where did you get it?  Most vendors offer support via their own newsgroups or Web sites.
If you wrote it yourself, you need to show us some code.
				joe

On 17 Jul 2006 03:02:22 -0700, "rahulthathoo" <rahul.thathoo@gmail.com> wrote:

>Hi.
>I have incorporated an activeX control on my application but when i set
>its listening port to a particular port it does not get set. When i do
>a netstat -ab on the command line, the port that my application listens
>to is some random port other than what i have set. What could be the
>problem? And how do i get it right? The similar application works in
>VB.
>
>Regards
>Rahul
Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
newcomer (15972)

Unable to open calendar

set New currency EURO
I would like to know how to handle a new currency in GP, basically all of the transactions are in US dollars, however we need to create a vendor where all of his PO has to be in EURO ? How I can setup a new currency EURO ? Any help I will appreciate it. -- Thanks Miguel Dear, Go to Microsoft Dynamics GP menu >> Tools >> Setup >> System >> Currency Define your currency then open the Multicurrency Access Setup window. (Microsoft Dynamics GP menu >> Tools >> Setup >> System >> Multicurrency Access) Regards, -- Mohammad R. Daoud MCP, ...

How to set a default value in an Edit control
I am new to VC. I need to set a default value to an Edit control which is read-only. How can I do that in a dialog? I tried my_Edit_Control.SetWindowText("mytest") in it compiles successfully, but it crashed at run-time. Thanks. Tony Tony Hu wrote: >I am new to VC. I need to set a default value to an Edit control which is >read-only. How can I do that in a dialog? I tried >my_Edit_Control.SetWindowText("mytest") in it compiles successfully, but it >crashed at run-time. The read-only property applies only to the user, not the programmer using S...

unable to scroll the page

Can I set the numerical type of Cell to Hex format
Dear all, Sorry to post again. Can I set the numerical type of the cell in Hex format, because I want to do the following task. Thanks. Now, if I type in 01/0001 in cell, and then I drag the mouse down to many cells , the number in the cell will be added by 1 automatically, just like the following 01/0001 01/0002 01/0003 . . . Now, if I type in 01/0001 and I want to drag the mouse down to many cells and I want the cell to add 1 automatically in Hex format. Can I do that? Simply, I want the cell t...

Custom Controls in CPropertyPages
Hi, I have a Custom Control and associated class that works perfectly fine in a Dialog box, but when I take that same control and put it into a CPropertyPage, the page fails to be created by the CPropertySheet. Can anyone help me here. I am not the best MFC programmer, so any help would be appreciated. --Mark BTW, I have tried other peoples custom controls in CPropertyPage and they don't work either..... Does your PropertySheet work with all the custom controls taken out. I don't think that your problem is with the custom controls, it's probably something else t...

How do i set up outlook?
I just purchased a dell computer and it came with microsft office? I am trying to setup my outlook email account but i am not sure where to start. do you have to have an existing email account like hotmail or yahoo to get this setup? Please help!!! Sheariep wrote: > I just purchased a dell computer and it came with microsft office? I > am trying to setup my outlook email account but i am not sure where > to start. do you have to have an existing email account like hotmail > or yahoo to get this setup? Please help!!! You have to have a mail account somewhere if you want mail. Y...

Typed Data Set and relations
I've a fairly complex schema which I'm trying to create a typed data set for. I've had a number of issues to date but it is sort of working (e.g. elements are not considered nullable unless minOccurs="0" is present. If not the codegen:nullValue attribute is ignored). What I'm seeing at the moment is that if I do NOT add in key and key ref relations, the cs generated puts in sensibly named relations with appropriate accessors. But they don't work. If I put in explicit key refs I get pairs of relations defined for each 'real' relation. The ones added c...

Unable to conect

Unable to start POP3, NNTP, IMAP4...

Setting Gmail IMAP
I previously used Gmail as POP but I have just changed it to IMAP so that I can keep my PC (WLM), my iPhone and my webmail all in sync. Now I need some advice. 1. In addition to my inbox,sent etc folders I also have a folder called All Mail that indeed contains all messages I have ever sent or received. It is therefore very big. How can I stop that folder showing up in WLM? 2. When I delete items in WLM the are not going to the Bin (deleted folder) They just vanish. The deleted folder is a useful facility as at times I may accidently click to delete the wrong message. How c...

MSXML6 C++ unable to locate node

Win32 or COM API to set vlan id and mtu for a network interface
Hi, I want to set vlan id and mtu for a network interface. Is there any win32 or COM API to do this ? I want to do this on windows server 2003 r2, 2008, 2008 R2. I am using visual studio 2008. Thank you, Vivek S ...

set focus
Hi there, I’m new to VB and having some difficulty with a text box. I’m using textbox19 to enter values in a excel range of cells and want the textbox to be clear and keep de focus set on the same text box, after I hit the enter key, so I can enter the next value until I finish and then click on another textbox. Can anybody help? I would appreciate. On Tue, 7 Jul 2009 17:43:10 -0700, MP <MP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > >Hi there, I�m new to VB and having some difficulty with a text box. >I�m using textbox19 to enter values in a excel range of cells and want th...

'OWA was unable to get to your inbox'

Unable to display the folder (have I lost my mail?)
I've just transferred all my mail from my mac via IMAP, and rather laboriously set up all my rules to get all my mailing lists in separate folders etc. Outlook has just decided that it can't display the two biggest folders because e:\documents and settings\administrator\local settings \application data\microsoft\outlook\outlook.pst is in use and cannot be accessed. The file does not exist. I assume my mail is gone and I have to go and throw it at the IMAP server again, but could anyone tell me why this has happened and how to stop it from happening again? Is this all on a Mac?...

Unable to display
Hello Background: I using Ex2k. when i connect another mailbox in existing admin mailbox, it give error while i click on that particular mailbox. Error is Unable to display the folder. The information store could not br opened: Can anyone tell what exectally the problem, is this a permision or any thing else. Sudhir /Thanks Hello Sudhir In Exchange 2000 an Exchange Full administrator does not have te right to open an other mailbox by default , you need to add these accounts (or groups) to the Information Store object and give the appropriate permissions (send as + read as Greet Dirk ...

Unable to close/delete Opporotunities
Running CRM 1.2 on W2k3 std. server and SQL2000 on a different w2k3 std. server. The owner of an opportunity is trying to close it. The following message appear on the screen: "There are are still active or draft quotes associated with this opportunity. These must be closed before the opportunity can be closed" We have not configured the Fiscal Year for our CRM system, and thereby not enabled Quotes. This has worked before, and I can't recall that we have made any changes to the system since. Another odd thing is: If an owner of an opportunity or the Administrator is ...

unable to send mail
This is my first Ex2k3 installation. I believe I configured Ex2k3 correctly. I seem to get no errors running smtpdiag. However, when I try to send an e-mail from my internal admin account to an external account, Outlook Express complains: The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server... Server Response: '550 5.7.1 Unable to relay... I'd appreciate your help. In news:8E5CEE3F-2B99-41A8-ABA7-B0F90EA7099F@microsoft.com, bill tie <billtie@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > This is my first Ex2k3 installation. I believe I conf...

unable to add email account to microsoft outlook 2003
i installed office 2003 some 3 months ago and now wish to use the office outlook but i do not get the option from the tools menu to add email account .... i really am a noob at this . any hints? peter morris <peter morris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > i installed office 2003 some 3 months ago and now wish to use the > office outlook but i do not get the option from the tools menu to add > email account ... i really am a noob at this . any hints? Try it from Control Panel's Mail applet. -- Brian Tillman cheers ... i ahve added it ... someone told me that as it is...