Unable to find VC++.net express

Hi,
I just downloaded and installed VC++.NET Express for hours, but after
restarting my machine as required, I cannot find the program group no
matter on Start menu or my disks. What is going on?

0
samhng (9)
11/1/2005 1:30:01 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Was the installation successful? If it was installed fully, you should
find it at the location where you installed it. Does it appear as an
option under Control Panel::Add Or Remove SOftware?

------------
Ajay Kalra
ajaykalra@yahoo.com

0
ajaykalra (6842)
11/1/2005 2:03:35 PM
The installation should not take that long normally - maybe your
installation screwed up.

--
Regards,
Nish [VC++ MVP]

<samhng@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I just downloaded and installed VC++.NET Express for hours, but after
> restarting my machine as required, I cannot find the program group no
> matter on Start menu or my disks. What is going on?

0
nish (347)
11/1/2005 2:26:05 PM
I cannot find it on Add or Remove Programs and it has remained me
whether to restart immediately or later and I choosed later aflter the
installation.

0
samhng (9)
11/3/2005 1:52:10 AM
Try running the installer again.

--

>I cannot find it on Add or Remove Programs and it has remained me
> whether to restart immediately or later and I choosed later aflter the
> installation.

0
nish (347)

Find 3rd Record
Hi there, I need to find the third record in a query. This is my basic select query: SELECT tblGuests.GID, tblGuests.Date FROM tblGuests ORDER BY tblGuests.GID, tblGuests.Date; There are several thousand records in tblGuests, some Guests (GID) have just one record, others have 20 or more. I've thought of DateDiff function but that doesn't seem to work. I have also thought that I need to find only records where there are more than 2 records for a certain GID so I can filter out the Guests who have only visited 1 or 2 times using the count function but have no idea how to do t...

Finding the path of Word 2007 on my computer
I have XP Pro and Word 2007. I am attempting to find the path of Word 2007 on my computer. How do I do that? Where do I look? Thank you. On 4/6/2010 6:49 PM, moon wrote: > I have XP Pro and Word 2007. I am attempting to find the path of Word 2007 on > my computer. How do I do that? Where do I look? > > Thank you. YOu didn't say if you prefered vb.net or C#. You normally would never need to find this. You could do it with this code however (use a valid file to test however): static void Main(string[] args) { Process p = new Process(); p.StartInfo....

Windows update just does not find any patches for windows
I run windows update but no patches ever show up for windows. Belarc advisor and It.shavlik both say that I am missing critical and regular patches. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; WinXP 64-bit SP2; Vista SP1; Vista 64-bit SP2; Win7; Win7 64-bit) when posting in a forum or newsgroup. Please do so in your next reply. RonRPh wrote: > I run windows update but no patches ever show up for windows. Belarc > advisor > and It.shavlik both say that I am missing critical and regular patches. > Any > thoughts ...

VB.NET Web Programmer in New York $40/hr
VB.NET Web Programmer in New York $40/hr We are looking for someone to work as a VB.NET Web Developer. In this role, you will design and develop application software for a successful global corporation. You will also support and install software applications. Additional duties are to participate in the testing process and utilize formal development methodologies. A bachelor's degree is required and a BSCS is preferred. Candidates must have skills in: Microsoft .NET (ASP.NET, VB.NET) and Microsoft SQL Server 7.0/2000. 2-4 years of experience in applications programming for a major corpora...

find and replace, within workbook
Is there a registry hack excel, find and replace, within workbook I do Ctrl-F to search and get to the Find and Replace dialogue box and select in Excel 2003 SP2 the Options > > button. It will expand the dialogue box a bit more. After the expansion, it displays the three drop down fields and the two check boxes. I would like to set it so it searches by default Within: Workbook instead of Within: Sheet (the default). I have multiple workbooks and would like to search for all of them. Is there a registry hack to set to 0 or 1 that will change from Sheet to Find and Replace Within: ...

Unable to open calendar

Finding the user Postmaster@mydomain.com
I am trying to find the user that has the smtp address postmaster the search in ADUC only finds primary email addresses if i look under email other it will not find it, does anyone have any ideas? in a new email message in Outlook, type in the address and execute a ctrl K...it should resolve to the name of the mailbox that contains that address... "charles" <charles@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A67D4EAE-5F7F-49E5-9022-C5EB9CCFF84A@microsoft.com... > I am trying to find the user that has the smtp address postmaster the search > in ADUC only finds ...

in reply outlook, can't find signatures? how to put it back?
Hi I screwed something up here while trying to set up a signature. I went to reply and when i go to auto text there is no signature! Just signature company. Earlier I tried to apply a signature but my name kept coming on? So I remove my name and initials from Autotext (i don't know why) signatures disapeared. I replaced the init. and name but no change. I want to put a signature on some reply email. Help!! And thanks Brad Bylsma. P/S is there a good manual that looks at things from a, how can a newbie screw up stand point? Or better yet how to restore it to before you screwed i...

vb.net 2008 working with other Microsoft tools
I am planning to generate 8 to 15 reports in sql server report server 2008. I want to create the 8 to 15 separate sql server reports and tie them together with a table of contents in a visual basic.net 2008. I then want to export these reports into an electronic format to email to users. Can you give me suggestions on how to accomplish this task? Have a look at crystal reports that comes with visual studio, you can export as pdf, excel (but becareful there i found formatting was poor but maybe i did something wrong!) and csv "Wendy Elizabeth" <WendyElizabeth@di...

unable to scroll the page

Print Advanced Find Criteria
I have users who have requested that when they print the advanced find results they would like to also have the advanced find criteria printed. This would enable them to know what specifically the printout consists of when viewed at a later time. Any ideas? Hi Steve, Print screens cannot be customized. -- PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post is helpful or not for our feedback. uMar Khan :: CRM Freelance Consultant Email :: imumar at gmail dot com Blog :: http://umarkhan.wordpress.com "Steve Bambauer" wrote: > I have users who have requested that when they pr...

VWD 2010 Express calls Win32 DLL
I sent this message to csharp newsgroup but I think I should put it here. I am looking into using Visual WebDeveloper 2010 Express edition to develope a simple web application. - a button on web page - click on it - calls a Win32 DLL function by passing a string type parameter as output parameter - this output parameter will be a string, in format of yyyymmdd, eg. 20101231 - print out this output parameter on a label Any sample source code (C#) to help me get started? ...

ms crm startup sap document via .Net Connector
Has anyone used the SAP .Net Connector to show account details based on the sap customer id ? Any example or info is more than welcome ...

Unable to start POP3, NNTP, IMAP4...

Running Total in report using net of two columns in third column
I have a client time/fees database of over 22k records. I have a report which provided a summary of all time booke and all fees charges to that client. What I require is two additional columns the first which provides a running total of time bookings and the second which provides a running total of the net of the time booked field less the fees charged field, i.e. the net of time bookings which have not been invoiced. I can do this in excel but in access I appear to be getting data from other clients which should not be included in the report. What type of field are you usin...

Unable to conect

Find Folder Names
Hi To find a list of files within a folder no problem, but I am stuck trying to find all folder names within a folder In folder Music I have 900 folders of the artists name I want to loop through each folder to check the data created. Can you help please? Post the code you are using to find files at the moment because there should be little difference between finding files and finding folders. The best way to find files is to use the FindFirst, FindNext and FindClose triplet of APIs, this returns files & folders and all you need to do is test their attributes to work out wh...

Can't Find File Error Code (C00D1197)
I’m using WMP version 11.0.6002.1811 on a Vista Home Premium with Service Pack 2 operating system. I have successfully burned many CDs from my library. However, I’m now encountering an error message that indicates the burn can’t take place because the file can’t be found (error code C00D1197). This error makes no sense to me. The files are in my library and WMP can find the files to play them – so why can’t it find the files to burn them? Any suggestions? Thanks for your help and time! ...

Why don't I have a 'Send' button on my outlook express email page
I have downloaded Microsoft Office 2003. When I go into my Outlook Express email page I can write an email but I have no 'send' button showing on the page so that I can get the email sent off. Where is it....or how can I find it??? "rednil" <rednil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DCFFAA00-0E21-4704-B603-DC033EA95A78@microsoft.com... > I have downloaded Microsoft Office 2003. When I go into my Outlook > Express > email page I can write an email but I have no 'send' button showing on the > page so that I can get the...

Fade-in/Fade-out of images in vc++ (Dialog based application)
Hi. I wanted to know how I could go about developing fade-in/fade-out transitions of images in a dialog based mfc application.(I am using CImage class) Regards, Rahul This article talks about that a bit... not using CImage class, but perhaps it will be of some help. http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/05/12/catwork/default.aspx Tom <rahul.thathoo@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1150436043.652481.162040@p79g2000cwp.googlegroups.com... > Hi. > > I wanted to know how I could go about developing fade-in/fade-out > transitions of images in a dialog based mfc applica...