UDP socket works fine on NT, doesn't work on Windows 2000 outside VS 6.0 IDE

We have an old client-server MFC application that uses UDP socket
connection between client and server. In a nutshell, the client opens
a connection, and the server starts sending small heartbeats every
second.

Everything works fine on Win95/98/NT4.0 SP6 and on Windows 2000 SP3
inside VS 6.0 IDE in the debug mode. On Windows 2000 either inside IDE
(release mode) or outside VS 6.0 IDE (both debug and release build),
client only receives a few first heartbeats, nothing thereafter. And
the socket remains open.

Is anyone familiar with this behaviour? Any suggestions? Any help will
be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

-- Jake
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Outlook 2000 and attachments
One of my XP Pro/SP1 machines with Office 2000 SR1 ran out of hard disk space; everything did work fine. I swapped the 8 GB HDD for a roomy 30 GB drive. Now when trying to send out email with attachments; Outlook 2000 responds with "Cannot open or find file". Email w/o attachments go out fine. Email coming in with attachments are also OK. When browsing to locate the target attachment, I obviously find the find file so the path is known. I tried an Outlook "Repair" and also tried to "Re-install" the entire Office package. Still can't send outbound attachme...

Microsoft Works 2002 Spreadsheet
If someone would please walk me through the process of typing in a word diagonally I would appreciate it. Thank you.. Sorry, but there isn't much we can offer in a group for Word on the Mac :-) In general there may be some option in your Formatting choices but I haven't used Works in nearly 10 years. You'd do best to ask in a group that focuses on the Works application. Regards |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 12/8/09 12:26 PM, in article 9DB17AEC-9344-4D56-A1B2-2ACC59036509@microsoft.com, "Dan" <Dan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: &g...

Why wont it work?
Help! I want to start automaticaly a macro or SUB in ThisWorkbook. This is my code : Private Sub Workbook_Open() slist End Sub It keep's telling me that a variable or procedure is wanted and not a module(slist is a module)! Where do I go wrong! This is driving me!(I did try many things so far with no result) Hi Bobby, What is the name of the macro that you want to run and where is it housed? --- Regards, Norman "Bobby" <rpqc@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1133475994.038325.186050@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Help! > I want to start automaticaly a ma...

Insert key does not work like it works in word.
QUESTION? Does MS Publisher 2003 have the typeover feature like MS Word when it comes to text. When I use Word & hit insert (OVR lights up on bottom) all letters are typed over without having to reformat and realign. I can't do the same in publisher. Is it a missing feature? I have searched, googled the web to no avail. The problem is it moves the text line over and that is not what we need Publisher to do. We would like it to work like it does in Word. Thanks Zuke It isn't a feature of Publisher... Only Word, Excel and Outlook can over type. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://...

Conditional Format #6
Excel 2003 SP2 Trying for format a cell based on the sum of a range in which the cell exists versus amount in another cell. So if the number in the cell changes, making the total of the cells exceeds a predetermined number, then the cell should be red. In verbal logic: if sum(a1:a10)>B1 then format A2 red. Can this be done through conditional formatting, or do i need to write a change-cell event code? Thanks. In conditional formatting under condition 1 set: "Formula is" =sum($a$1:$a$10)>$b$1 then set your desire format "ZootRot" <NoSpam@NoSpam.com> ���g...

How to do flush in socket programming in C++
Hi, How can I do a something like flush after calling 'send' method in CSocket class?? this because we have a Java server running in the other side which expect a flush before it responds. Pls help ...

How to display currently opened TCP/IP and UDP ports on your local computer ?
How to display information about the process that opened the port is also displayed, including the process name, full path of the process for each port opened on local machine ? something like that program do .... http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/cports.html Thank's .... __________ Informa��o do ESET NOD32 Antivirus, vers�o da vacina 4876 (20100218) __________ A mensagem foi verificada pelo ESET NOD32 Antivirus. http://www.eset.com ...

Cant get my MS OUTLOOK TO WORK PLEASE HELP
My oulook was working fine last week but all of teh suddent it is not working. WHen i set up my accounts. It reads successful however when i try to open up my mail it says "cant connect to server". It also says something about my time may be short. I dont know how to fix this. Can anyone help? -- Contain and remain the same poetry1mind <poetry1mind@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > My oulook was working fine last week but all of teh suddent it is not > working. WHen i set up my accounts. It reads successful however when > i try to open up my mail it says "...

windows mail not work with office 2007
I have office 2007. Recently upgraded to Windows 7. Have Windows mail, not Outlook. Cannot email from office 2007. The email prompt is faded out and cannot be accessed. How to activate it? -- potpa What do you mean, you can't email from Office 2007? Just how are you = attempting that? Windows Mail is not designed to run in Windows 7, and although there are = hacks to make it somewhat functional, it is not so easy=20 to get it to be recognized by Windows 7 as capable of assuming the = default mail program role. The best solution is to install=20 Windows Live Mail. Gar...

Print a Working Budget
Its not an option to Print a Working Budget, but any ideas on how to export. I would like to print something every so often fo our family to review (on paper). "Ryan" <Ryan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5BB871D8-DE78-4F46-9BE4-2D70BC5CC385@microsoft.com... > Its not an option to Print a Working Budget, but any ideas on how to > export. > I would like to print something every so often fo our family to > review (on > paper). Display the Monthly Budget or Annual Budget, right-click, export to ..CSV. Alternatively, print. ...

CSS ( ul li ul = Hidden) not working
Hi Steep learning curve for me. I am just start to create a CSS web and have created a simple drop down menu http://www.ukoutdoorpursuits.org/Thisisatest1.html Which "seems to work OK when I add in another couple of DIVs below (content and Footer - note the content DIV will hold the editable region). The Header DIV, Nav DIV and Footer DIV will only be editable on the DWT. But as you can see – the “Hidden” is not working like it does in frontpage. Although you can’t see the drop downs they are still there – and clickable. Drag you mouse over the Contact DIV (white b...

How do i recover a deleted address book in outlook express 6
hi, I've just foolishly sync my mob with my outlook6 address book and have lost my entire contacts for my mobile, is there a way i can recover this? Please help! Do not multipost. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "blueyonder" <if006s2392@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message news:G%xtg.94212$7Z6.78120@fe2.news.blueyonder.co.uk... > > > > > > hi, I've just foolishly sync my mob with my outlook6 address book and have > lost my entire contacts for my mobile, is there a way i can recover this? > > Please help! > > ...

OWAadmin stop working after SP1
Hello, I have Exchange 2003 with OWA and OWAadmin After SP1 I can not login to OWA administration https://server/OWAadmin How can I fix it? Before SP1 all worked without problems... https://server/exchange is working good, but administration not.. :( Please help ...

Modems supported on Windows PE?
Are modems supported on Windows PE? Our modem works fine on XP, Vista, and 7, but not on a customer provided PE (7 based) image. Errors from setupapi.dev: !!! dvi: Loading module 'X:\windows\system32\mdminst.dll' failed. !!! dvi: Error 126: The specified module could not be found. !!! dvi: Error loading class installer: mdminst.dll,ClassInstall32 !!! dvi: Error 126: The specified module could not be found. !!! dvi: Failure loading class installer for class Modem: status 0x7e !!! dvi: Error 126: The specified module could not be found. ! ...

Exchange server 2000 locking up on 1 e-mail
We archive e-mail on our Exchange 2000 server. One user received an e-mail that she claims that she did not receive. I found the e-mail in the archive foilder, but each time I even touch the e-mail in the Archive folder, my Exchange server freezes, my queues back up and I have to re-boot the server. I was down for 2 hours today while my queues cleared. Has anyone seen anyhting where 1 e-mail can cause an incident like this? I had it happen 1 other time a few years ago and had to clear the e-mail from the queue manually. Kim D. Nowosad Plunkett & Cooney, P.C. Network Administ...

Maximize from taskbar does not work
Hi I view Excel sheets with the IE6 (SP1 with latest patches), everything seems to be alright. But, when the window is minimized and I click on the icon in the taskbar, it maximizes and minimizes immediately again. It works when I right click and select restore, but this solution is not acceptable for our users ;-(. No problems when viewing pdf or doc files with IE. Thanks for any help in this Marcel ...

Sockets in a DLL, access violation
I have a DLL that opens a simple UDP socket and does basic operations. My DLL is called from a 3rd party app that I neither have control over nor source code for. Some calls work OK, but with others I can a unhandled exception, access violation. I've seen the exception on ReceiveFrom, SendTo, Close, etc. and in all cases it looks like the function calls had all good parameters. After doing a bunch of Googling and reading, it looks like the most common cause of this is creating the socket in one thread and accessing it from another. (The other common problem, a bug in MSVC 6 with ...

Outlook permissions not working
One Outlook user grants another Read access to the mailbox, no access to anything but Calendar. Gives second user Author to Calendar. Other user opens the mailbox, and can see other folders and things (deleted items, contacts etc) but can't access them. Can access Calendar OK. Other folders should not be showing up! We've tried removing and adding etc, but nothing works. Any ideas? Thanks, Neal If the users are able to open up the mailbox in the folder list at all, and expand it, perhaps they've been granted at least Reviewer rights at the root level mailbox folder on the...

Windows Security Updates failed with uknown Error
Automatic updates enabled.. Running Windows 7 with 64 bit OS...MacAfee loaded? Fails all 8 updates.. either run automatic or individually.. All office products turned off? Any suggestions? -- cbox ...

Uninstall not working?
I used the uninstaller. It said all previous version of Office were un-installed and would be found in trash. I see Office X in trash. But I also still see it in apps folder - so I'm confused. OS 10.3.4 Office 2004 >-----Original Message----- >I used the uninstaller. It said all previous version of Office were >un-installed and would be found in trash. I see Office X in trash. = But I >also still see it in apps folder - so I'm confused. > >OS 10.3.4 >Office 2004 > > >. I am also having problems with uninstall, I cannot now open files by = doub...

Is anyone running VS 2005 on Vista?
Everytime I run the IDE program it says that it has a problem and wants to look for a solution on the net. And then it ships me to this site http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/vstudio/aa948853.aspx where I can't find any useful info regarding the problem. Is is just me or is this a common problem? AliR. P.S. Orcas runs fine for the most part. Crashes from time to time. Oh, I just now noticed the SP1 link at the bottom of the page. AliR. "AliR (VC++ MVP)" <AliR@online.nospam> wrote in message news:fEjDh.178$M65.108@newssvr21.news.prodigy.net... > Everytime I ru...

Open Windows 98 publisher document in Windows XP
I have been working in publisher in Windows 98. I have now upgraded to Windows XP and cannot open previously saved Publisher documents. I have lots of them so please help! Val <Val@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I have been working in publisher in Windows 98. I have now upgraded > to Windows XP and cannot open previously saved Publisher documents. Your Windows version has nothing to do with your Publisher version. Has your version of Publisher been changed by your recent change? Did you just upgrade Windows or did you switch to a new comput...

setting up windows mail using windows live
I read the response for this question asked a few days ago, and looked at both articles. However, I am still unsuccessful in setting this up. What are the correct settings for windows live in windows mail? Thank you... This is the message I'm getting now: The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'test', Account: 'pop3.live.com', Server: 'smtp.live.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): Yes, Socket Error: 10013, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E Thanks. Really hope you can help me with this - quite frustrating... "charlotte" w...

QuickBooks Enterprise vs. Microsoft GP
I have to help a customer to decide between implementing QuickBooks enterprise or Microsoft GP. I know that GP has a lot more features than QuickBooks enterprise but sometimes companies don't need all the features on GP.The customer will have 10 users. Could anybody point me to the most important features that QuickBooks lacks? Please remember that the comparison is with the Enterprise edition of QuickBooks and not any other like pro or premier. If they are seriously considering QB Enterprise against GP, tell them to buy QB. Usually when a customer is still seriously considering QB, th...

Invest 3325/-. & get 2,04,750/- in 12 periods without working. or 32,00,000/- with some working
Hi I made my choice when faced this opportunity to lock my position. The compnay is going on mass way to sell Bajaj Allianz New unit gain policy . How you and me can benefit by taking policy earlier. We can enter into pool to earn 2,04,750/- without working. IF we introduce 8 members we can earn 32,00,000/- (not necessary 8 members has to work) This is called grwoth plan.. & many companies are successfully running this concpet. see the testimonals for proof. Investment is 3325/- & we get policy when 12,000/- gets deposited in your account. 9000./- gets deduced from your earning....