turn text upside down #2

I develop a fingerprint application on pocket pc and I need to display
message during the capture process. So for now I use an edit box but I would
like to make a rotation of 180 � to make the message readable by the people
whom I capture the fingerprint.
Should I just make a rotation of the graphic display, I mean just of the
edit box area or is there any other mean ?

0
tricubes (61)
1/27/2004 2:44:45 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

match name fields to determine differences #2
I have two worksheets that have common columns for last name and first name. I want to determine which rows are in both worksheets based on the last name and first name. The concatenate function with vlookup is an option, is there an easier way? I will have to assume that first names are in column A and last names in column B. And that there are 300 names on sheet1 with headings. The first sheet is called "sheet1" It doesn't matter how many names are on sheet 2. In the second sheet cell C2 enter You may have to change it around to match your information. =IF(SUMPRODUCT((Shee...

Active-x #2
Hi, I am writing an MFC UI active x control! The control work fine when it was in a shape of dialog wit buttons, but then I change the control UI to be in the form of tab control so I use the tab control but when I put this control in a container application it cause the application to stack when I press the OK button of the tab control I change the tab control inside my active-x to property sheet but I get the same problem! why??? Can I use property sheet control or tab control inside my MFC active x control or I cant use those controls??? Thanks ...

reading pane keeps turning on and preview pane keeps turning off
I've been using outlook 2007 for about 6 months and all has been ok until now. My normal view is to have the reading pane turned off and the preview pane turned on. however, now things changed all of a sudden. now when ever I go to the inbox the reading pane is turned on and the preview pane is turned off. So I go to the view menu and reset the view to what it should be. if I click on any other folder such as sent items and back to the inbox, its back to reading pane on and preview pane off. This is the same behavior for all folders. any ideas how to resolve this? Thanks. -- ...

Deleting Links #2
How do I delete a link, so I don't continue to get that pestering pop-up when I open a file? Hi goto: http://oaltd.co.uk/MVP/Default.htm and search for Findlink.zip (http://oaltd.co.uk/DLCount/DLCount.asp?file=FindLink.zip) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Connie Martin" <ConnieMartin@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:D2D9A4A9-C4A5-4552-A471-315E54C62431@microsoft.com... > How do I delete a link, so I don't continue to get that pestering pop-up when > I open a file? Thank you! That did it. One thing I'll never understand...

merging text without using a formula
I need to be able to merge two colums of text into one column without lossing the information and I'm not allowed to use a formula! This is an assignment and we are allowed to use any resource to find our answer. I hope someone can give me a hand. Thanks April Hey, go to the microsoft helper guy, and enter in "CONCATENATE" that should do it for you! It's not a formula it's a function ;) "April" wrote: > I need to be able to merge two colums of text into one column without lossing > the information and I'm not allowed to use a formula! T...

How do you turn off autoformatting?
I am making a spreadsheet that is essentially a record. In one of the cells, I am entering the old/new values for something as 4/80, which Excel instantly turns into April-80. I can format the the cell back to General, but the number that results is not 4/80. And if I go in and reset it to 4/80 again, the autoformatting kicks in again and the whole process starts over. While there are plenty of ways I could work around this, from changing the way I enter the data on up, it has become a sort of matter of honor now. How the heck do I stop Excel from overriding everything I enter? -- nickt --...

I'm having a problem accessing rss files w/VWD Beta 2
I'm using Visual Web Developer Beta 2 and an XMLDataSource to access RSS files. If I have an actual file address, I have no problem. If the address contains a parameter, such as HTTP://www.boston.globe/sports/baseball/redsox?mode=rss_10, I get nothing back (it's nothing particular to this address, any address with a parameter acts the same). I don't get a 404, it's like it returns nothing. Same thing happens with an XMLReader. Any suggestions? Thanks, Jim ...

How to set text wrapping in Excel using template?
I am trying to use excel for my reports - using template - certain columns contains variable length text - which i need to wrap - for print out the cell row height should get adjusted using text wrap alignment with fixed column width - how to do that? thanks Select the relevant cell(s). right click, click on Format Cells. go to Alignment, and tick Wrap text "suchi banerjee" wrote: > I am trying to use excel for my reports - using template - certain columns > contains variable length text - which i need to wrap - for print out the cell > row height should get adjuste...

Text in a Formula
Hi, I once knew how to add text to a formula, which I'd use to explain the formula rather than using cell comments. I can't for the life of me remember how to do this. Any help would be greatly appreciated. James Hi James Try =Sum(A1:A100)+N("This adds the total Gross Amount") Change to suit. Regards Roger Govier James Hamilton wrote: > Hi, > > I once knew how to add text to a formula, which I'd use to explain the > formula rather than using cell comments. > > I can't for the life of me remember how to do this. > > Any help wou...

Only seeing 2 credit cards listed!
I have entered several credit cards, but in Accounts, it only shows 2 at a time; the area is expanded, but still only 2 listed. Has anyone else seen this? I have an incomplete update (Service Pack) installation also, so if no one else has seen this I'll assume (for now) that this is the source of the problem. What do you mean by "entered several credit cards"? How did you "enter" them? Did you go through the Setup New Account genie for more than two? I would not assume a relationship between this and your service pack issues until proven otherwise. "Wilso...

Sending messages in OUtlook #2
When I an replying to a message and click on "send" the messages goes to my outbox with a "time sent" of "none", and then does not get sent. when I click on "send and receive". I can send it only when I "forward" the message and put my reply in. What is going wrong? How do I solve the problem? ...

How do i convert numbers into text automatically in Excel?
I want to convert numbers into text i.e. 989 into "nine hundred and eighty nine" Is there a way to do in excel? Hi see: http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0004.html -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany dsmki wrote: > I want to convert numbers into text i.e. > > 989 into "nine hundred and eighty nine" > > Is there a way to do in excel? See http://www.barasch.com/excel/cCo11432.htm or http://www.ozgrid.com/VBA/ValueToWords.htm or http://asia.cnet.com/enterprise/apps/0,39035809,39191000,00 ..htm or search at google with words "...

How do I stop bullet letter (a, b, c) from turning greek?
When I create a document in which I have used letters for bulletted lists (ie, a), b), c) etc), when I print or reopen it, the letters have changed to Greek characters alpha, beta etc. How can I stop this from happening? Thanks very much. Wow, I cannot duplicate this in any version of Publisher. Maybe you are using a different type font. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "allythegeek" <allythegeek@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C3FD4415-6A6E-4EA1-97BD-0FF22ADFBB5A@microsoft.com... &...

Text box and parameter values
Whenever I create a text box and run it, the parameter value comes up. I am simply trying to add a field to me report without any calculations. I go to Expression builder and select the table and field and the parameter value always pops up, why? How do I fix this? What do you have in the Control Source property of this text box? If it refers to a field that is not in the RecordSource of the report, you will need to either: a) Use DLookup() to read the value from the other table. More details: Getting a value from a table: DLookup() at: http://allenbrowne.com/casu-07.html b) Cha...

Unsafe Attachment #2
I have just received a zipped attachment that I am expecting but it has been put in Unsafe Attachment. Can anyone tell me how to recover it? TIA Ed Edward O'Brien <edward.j.obrien@btinternet.com> wrote: > I have just received a zipped attachment that I am expecting but it > has been put in Unsafe Attachment. Can anyone tell me how to recover > it? Since Outlook doesn't have an "Unsafe Attachment" container, you'll have to change the add-in that's doing the quarantine. If you don't literally mean it's being quarantined, see http://www...

Same Worksheet Opens Every Time Workbook is opened #2
Hi Jon - OK, I pasted the code into the "thisworkbook" area and it still doe not work. I will mention that Under "Microsoft Excel Objects" (wher the "ThisWorkbook" is), in Sheet1 (DocList) I have the following cod also: Private Sub Worksheet_BeforeRightClick(ByVal Target As Range, Cancel A Boolean) Cancel = True MsgBox ("Sorry I can't allow you to do that") End Sub I don't know if this makes a difference. Do you want me to email m workbook to you -- rmm3 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- rmm30's...

Internal Support Function Error #2
When I try and send an email I get a message that says "an internal support function returnded and error". Has anyone experinced this before? ...

Preview Pane turns itself back on
I've asked everyone to disable preview pane and I have one user who tells me that everytime she disables it, it turns itself back on. She can disable it in the inbox, go to sent mail folder, return to inbox and it's back on. Help! ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Exchane E-TUrn Configuration
Hi. Can anyone please point me in the direction of a document that details the configuration of two exchange servers in different active directory domains where one must receive mails for a specific domain and park them and the other dials-up every hour and retrieves these mails? I believe I have to use E-turn for this? Thanks you ...

Record Notes #2
I would like to modify the PM Transaction Inquiry Report and add Voucher Notes to it. I can really use some assistance as to how to add the record note. I am not sure which tables I need to add to create relationships. *** *A few days ago David Musgrave had kindly provided this feedback ****But I was unable to implement it. I tried to create a calc field called note1 I select user defined function GetNoteText, but I am not sure how to get the Table syntax added to the formula. The parameter list is: in currency IN_NoteIndex; { Note Index of Note } in integer IN_characters; { Number ...

Counting Text Values ?
How do I use worksheet functions to count the number of fields in a database that contain a specific text string, or include specific characters within a text string ? For example : Car Price Landcruiser 40 Landrover 30 Lada 10 Rolls 90 Lada 10 Landrover 30 I would like a cell to count the number of occurrences of 'Lada' in this table, and the answer should be 2. I tried using DCOUNT but it only works on numbers. I would also (ideally) like to be able to count all the cars that start with 'La', so the answer should be 5. Is thi...

500 and 5.2.1 NDR's
Hi I am an exchange novice so please forgive me if these questions have really obvious answers! I have a 2003 SBS machine which runs Exchange 2003 SP1. Since changing ISP's (and routers) a few weeks ago, random emails seem to be bouncing (some senders in particular are effected all of the time). The NDR's say either: 550 relaying mail to <domain> is not allowed or 5.2.1 Mail from <IP> refused: spam site. I don't know if these two problems are related and I am only assuming its something to do with the new router/ISP because users weren't having this ...

Text on a toolbar
I know this is probably quite easy but. I'm looking for a tutorial or example on how to add text to the toolbar buttons. Thanks. How is this? http://www.codeguru.com/Cpp/controls/toolbar/miscellaneous/article.php/c2517/ AliR. "Mark" <replytogroup@news.com> wrote in message news:I0Ird.100251$jq5.36846@fe2.texas.rr.com... > I know this is probably quite easy but. I'm looking for a tutorial or > example on how to add text to the toolbar buttons. > > Thanks. > > ...

Turn off Client message server side
I need to turn off client message about the status of the exchange servers on the server aide. Is that possible? We have users how gets messages through the day about the exchange server. Can I turn this off server side? Which message is this? On Fri, 8 Apr 2005 11:40:17 -0500, "AJ" <ajohnso9@jcpenney.com> wrote: >I need to turn off client message about the status of the exchange servers >on the server aide. Is that possible? We have users how gets messages >through the day about the exchange server. Can I turn this off server side? > > ...