TreeView question

Hi,

A stupid question about TreeView control under VS2003 .NET.

I place from toolbox, a TreeView control on my dialog box. It's ID = TV so
its name is TV too.

Now clicking on a button, i would like to insert some values as roots and
some other as items belonging to these roots.

How can i do it ?

thanks.

PS : i'm a rookie in VC++ :-(

0
nospam7515 (2084)
4/18/2004 3:40:45 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

PivotChart question
I have multiple pivotcharts. When someone changes a selection in the series dropdown, I want the other charts to reflect the same change. Is there any example code out there to get me started? I've looked at many books but there is little VBA help out there that I can find. ...

Date Function Question
Anyone out there know how to program a date function which allows me to input a starting date and a number of days wherein the result of the ending date will be calculated? Example: 4/15/99 + 145 days = ____ X Date__. Thanks for any suggestions. JEFF ...

POST A QUESTION
Formula is in cell A3 which is =A1+A2. If I don't put any numbers in A1 or A2 cell A3 displays #value! Is there a way to not have the #value! show in cell A3? Hi, if you are doing a sum shouldn't give you that result anyway you can use =if(A1="",A2,if(A2="",A1,A1+A2)) "dwolf" wrote: > Formula is in cell A3 which is =A1+A2. If I don't put any numbers in A1 or A2 > cell A3 displays #value! Is there a way to not have the #value! show in cell > A3? Check to see if A1 or A2 is formatted as something other than a number, o...

Am planning my first installation of MS Dynamics CRM 4.0 Workgroup Server and got a few questions
Here is what I got in my environment........ SBS 2003 Premium Server SP1 ISA 2004 SP3 WSS 3.0 (side by side install with WSS 2.0 companyweb) Web Interface for SharePoint Server 2007 Windows 2003 SP2 Standard member server Presentation Server 4.5 Web Interface 4.6 Considering I've never installed CRM and do not have available resources to do a trial run I'm looking for those of you who have and your opinions and suggestions. I'm opening myself up for any and all suggestions as well as criticism (be easy though) o please feel free to take your best shot. I know this is risky b...

Question on Installing SP1
A friend called and she has a new iMac and has Office 2008 installed. She was concerned about upgrading and I advised he to download Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac Service Pack 1 (12.1.0) <http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=395D1487-A3A6-4 106-A0F8-4D6E1D6D89D2&displaylang=en> Now I am concerned that she has not installed the 12.0.1 update. My question is .... Does the Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac Service Pack 1 (12.1.0) contain the 12.0.1 updates or do they need to be installed before SP1? "aRKay" wrote: > Now I am concerned that she has...

Re: Question from an Idiot
Sorry, sent to wrong group. -- ------------------------------------------ Jeffrey Needle jeff.needle@gmail.com "Jeff Needle" <jeff.needle@cwnet.com> wrote in message news:... > Yes, I think I've asked this before, but my brain has lost the > information. > > Does anyone here use Outlook Express Quick Backup? If so, can you tell me > if I can back up to a USB stick, and then carry the stick to another > computer, restore the data, and use my OE data? I'll be traveling soon, > and I need this ability. > > Thanks. > > -- > &g...

Programming Question: Multi-Player Poker Game
I have a programming task and was wondering if anyone has some thoughts on the best way to achieve this. I am programming a mulit-user poker game using ASP.Net 3.5 and AJAX. I do not want to write a Java applet or any type of standalone program that would reside on the user's computer. I just want the user to use a browser as the user interface. I have 5 users at the table. Each user has their own browser session (i.e. they are located on different computers around the world). Player 1 is the first player to act. He bets $5. My question: How can the other users be n...

Formatting Question 01-25-08
I'm new to coding so please forgive my ignorance. I'm needing to change a font color for the field [Employee Name] and a short date format for the field [Exception Date] which appears in the message body of an email via DoCmd.SendObject. I included a section of the code below. If you can help I would appreciate it. Many thanks! DLookup("[Employee Name]", "qryCommunication") & " " & DLookup("[Today's Date]", "qryCommunication") This will be pretty tricky. You would need to format the message body as HTML or...

Changing places on items in treeview!
Hello! During drag&drop of items in a CTreeView - how do I replace items on the tree which I drag an item on top of. We can use the example of WindowsXP. In the start menu -> Programs -> Startup. I can change places on items in that folder. How can I do that in the treeview? Anyone know? -- - Lars Use TreeView_SelectItem for the drop source and TreeView_SelectDropTarget for the drop target. You may also want the "track select" style turned on and use TreeView_CreateDragImage for the source item. Use TreeView_GetItem, then TreeView_DeleteItem and TreeView_InsertIt...

UAC Question
How dangerous is turning UAC off for a minute?? Does it destroy all your user settings by just turning it off briefly?? Or is it possible to turn it off briefly, say to install trusted software that needs it turned off, and then turn it right back on again without suffering damage to the user settings?? Ted Smith "Ted Smith" <me@mynet.net> wrote in message news:uTq30w%237KHA.980@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > How dangerous is turning UAC off for a minute?? Does it destroy all your > user settings by just turning it off briefly?? Or is it possible to t...

dllmain question
Sorry I posted this in the ide group a couple of days ago, however I had no hits so maybe its the wrong group or there isn't enough traffic.. can someone help out? I added a vendor library to a test program I wrote. I find now I'm getting a warning and an error - warning LNK4006: _DllMain@12 already defined and later of course fatal error LNK1169: one or more multiply defined symbols found I noticed mfcs42d.lib and mfc42d.lib are both in the project.. not sure how they got there. I think the duplicate dllmain is in the mfcs42d.lib file. I see I can exclude libs and then specify the...

Outlook 2000 Global Address question
While searching for a name in the Global Address Book Outlook 2000 crashes. Any Ideas? ...

Question regarding Contacts.
I have a situation whereby a client uses Exchange2K, POP3 client with Outlook (Office, not Express). Hewould like to sync his "Local Address Book" with Exchange 2K. There are some reasons why he uses POP3 (as apposed to OWA) which are too detailed to bore everyone with. Questions: 1) Can this be done? I'm thinking not, 2) If so, how does one do this? Thanks. "Wiley Coyote" <newbie@mentorits.com> wrote in news:#DC88PnJFHA.2756@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl: > I have a situation whereby a client uses Exchange2K, POP3 client with > Outlook (Office, not Expres...

Lame Question and maybe not so lame question
Lame Question: How do I SEND an email from Outlook. There is no Send button! I tried "Customize" to add the button, but couldn't find it. I don't see it in any of the menus. I usually use OE. MNSLQ: I used Google's Picassa today and it gave me the option to email my pics using my "Default Email: Outlook Express" (OK, good). I push that button but Outlook opens instead. (This is how I got into the problem above.) Thanks! !. Install a mail account into Outlook. 2. Control Panel->Internet Options->Programs Tab - check to see what your d...

Creating TreeView in a SplitterWindow
I am Arunkumar developing application in MFC i need to know how to create a TreeView in a SplitterWindow Thanks In VC++6, Create a new project and on Step 4, select the Advanced button and on the Window styles tab check the Use split window. Leave the view set to CView. Then create a new class derived from CTreeView and use it in your OnCreateClient override... if ( !m_wndSplitter.CreateStatic( this, 1, 2 ) ) { TRACE0("Failed to create splitter window!\n"); return FALSE; // fail to create } // Create the vertical views... CSize sz( 280, 10 ); if ( !m_wndSplit...

question about Outlook vs. Outlook Express
I have a home based business and want to keep my biz emails separate from my personal emails. If I use Outlook for my biz and OE for my personal, will they conflict in any way? Will they each have separate address books? I appreciate any help or advice. :o) No, they won't conflict - and yes, they will have separate address books (in most cases; you don't mention your version of Outlook) Leslie wrote: > I have a home based business and want to keep my biz > emails separate from my personal emails. If I use Outlook > for my biz and OE for my personal, will they conflic...

eConnect serialization question
hi i have the following problem whit numeric data while integrating with econnect the following node which is generated by the serialization class <UNITPRCE>316.02</UNITPRCE> is understood as 31602 in dynamics GP i guess that the cause is that i'm using spanish languaje in sql. the workaround i found is to replace "." with "," in the xml, but i find it not a quite good solution moreover if you have many numeric fields. is there any good solution for this? thanks. Salvattore, This has nothing to do with serialization and everything to do with your ...

IF question...
I need a formula which will allow me to accept a number if it falls within a certain range. For instance, I want the cell to recognize the number in the cell if it falls between 1 and 10. Otherwise, I want the cell to return a 0 value. Anybody? =IF(AND(A1>=1,A1<=10),what?,0) On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 19:15:06 -0700, "mailrail" <mailrail@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I need a formula which will allow me to accept a number if it falls within a >certain range. For instance, I want the cell to recognize the number in the >cell if it falls between 1 and 10....

Subclassing TreeView
I created a class derived from a TreeView (ShellTree) that displays the Shell directory structure . I changed the LeftView class so that it is derived from my ShellTree class, and everything works as expected, except I cannot add any TreeView specific message handlers to my LeftView class any more eg. NM_DBLCLICK. Basically in a nutshell what i want to do is display the directory name (which is stored in a variable in the ShellTree class) when the LeftView is Double clicked Check out http://www.codeproject.com/treectrl/enumdeskclones.asp Which isn't perfect.. but is a good star...

regex Question

Exchange 5.5 Public Folder Question
Can one create an autoreply on a public folder so that when a message is sent to it's smtp address, that a notification reciept is sent? A company I'm doing some consulting for is asking for this very thing, and I'm not sure if it can be done. Any ideas would be great! -L (From Outlook Help) Create or modify a rule for a public folder You must have Owner (Owner permission: With Owner permission you can create, read, modify, and delete all items and files and create subfolders. As folder owner, you can change the permission level that others have for the folder. This pe...

Design questions
I am extremely new (and pretty much entirely self-taught) to Access and think I should give some background to my questions. I'm currently working on a database (separate to the one I've posted about elsewhere - but similarly quite confusing!) that will be used to report a rubbish monitoring scheme. There will be basic data about each country and harbours involved which will only be updated as and when these change but there will also be waste tonnages and monitoring data (detailing the number of bits of each kind of garbage picked up) that need to be inputed monthly. The...

Simple average question
I'm sure this is a ridiculously simple question for most of you folks but I've been trying to find an answer for hours and hours. I have a column of values. In the next column I sinply want the average including data down to that row. So far I have been editing the formula manually but this gets old for several thousand values. In case my question is not clear I will show formulae I am using to get what I want: In column B starting with row 1 and moving down (the data are in column A): B1=AVERAGE(A1:A1) B2=AVERAGE(A1:A2) B3=AVERAGE(A1:A3) B4=AVERAGE(A1:A4) I guess I'm looking...

Treeview
Hello Friends I add some values to my treeview, but now I want to write the selected value in a EDIT BOX, how can I do this ? is in the item bellow correct ? but what the command to get the value of selected item ? Regards Leandro void CTeste1Dlg::OnTvnItemexpandedTree1(NMHDR *pNMHDR, LRESULT *pResult) { LPNMTREEVIEW pNMTreeView = reinterpret_cast<LPNMTREEVIEW>(pNMHDR); // TODO: Add your control notification handler code here *pResult = 0; CTreeCtrl* pCtrl = (CTreeCtrl*) GetDlgItem(IDC_TREE1); ASSERT(pCtrl != NULL); SetDlgItemText(IDC_EDIT1,??); } Look in the help! I would...

Hopefully trivial CListCtrl question
I've got a CListCtrl in the report format. I'm adding my data via an function I got from CodeProject (http://www.codeproject.com/listctrl/clistctrl_insertrow.asp) InsertRow(int nPos, int nNoOfCols, LPCTSTR pText, ...); Anyway. Once I've inserted my data, say I want to modify a row. How do I do this? Or do I just delete the row, and add the modified one back in? hamishd =E5=86=99=E9=81=93=EF=BC=9A > I've got a CListCtrl in the report format. > > I'm adding my data via an function I got from CodeProject > (http://www.codeproject.com/listctrl/clistctrl_inser...