trapping LVN_ENDSCROLL

Hi there,

I'm trying to trap the LVN_ENDSCROLL notification in my parent, but
don't seem to get it.

Here's what I have.

In my parent's header:
void OnLvnEndScroll(NMHDR *pNMHDR, LRESULT *pResult);

In the source:
void CSKListCtrl::OnLvnEndScroll(NMHDR *pNMHDR, LRESULT *pResult)
{
	Invalidate();
	UpdateWindow();
	*pResult = 0;
}

In the message map:
ON_NOTIFY(LVN_ENDSCROLL, WM_QUICKLIST, OnLvnEndScroll)
where WM_QUICKLIST is mapped to my child's ID.

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you.

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Well since I couldn't find a way of trapping LVN_ENDSCROLL, I just used
the HSCROLL method and checked the nSBCODE, if it is SB_ENDSCROLL, I
invalidate and update the window.

Thanks.

trapping LVN_ENDSCROLL
Hi there, I'm trying to trap the LVN_ENDSCROLL notification in my parent, but don't seem to get it. Here's what I have. In my parent's header: void OnLvnEndScroll(NMHDR *pNMHDR, LRESULT *pResult); In the source: void CSKListCtrl::OnLvnEndScroll(NMHDR *pNMHDR, LRESULT *pResult) { Invalidate(); UpdateWindow(); *pResult = 0; } In the message map: ON_NOTIFY(LVN_ENDSCROLL, WM_QUICKLIST, OnLvnEndScroll) where WM_QUICKLIST is mapped to my child's ID. What am I doing wrong? Thank you. Well since I couldn't find a way of trapping LVN_ENDSCROLL, I just used the HSCROL...

VLookup VBA error trapping
Can anyone tell me how to modify this formula to trap errors? I tried wrapping it in IsError (code) Then...but it doesn't work. Public Sub RunMeNow() Dim i As Long Dim iLastRow As Long With Sheets("Sheet2") iLastRow = .Cells(.Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row For i = 3 To iLastRow 'iLastRow to 1 Step -1 .Cells(i, "B").Value = Application.VLookup( _ .Cells(i, "A").Value, Range("RegionGrouping"), 2, False) Next i End With End Sub Or any other way I can handle an error with this type of pr...

Trapping errors
How do write a piece of code that traps VBA error messages and ignores them? See my post on 22/07/07 about an Automation error message Thanks Tony Take a look at what Allen Browne has at http://www.allenbrowne.com/ser-23a.html -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "Tony Williams" <tw@invalid.com> wrote in message news:uWKdkqVzHHA.5992@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > How do write a piece of code that traps VBA error messages and ignores > them? > See my post on 22/07/07 about an Automation error message > Thanks >...

Trapping for keystrokes...
Is there a way I can write a little program that will trap the keyboard and save whatever is being typed to a file? In other words, I need to write something that will run in the background but will be able to know whatever is typed on the keyboard and then save those keystrokes to a file on the hard drive. Thanks, Fred A keyboard hook. joe On Tue, 30 Sep 2003 03:41:26 GMT, "sftwrdvlpr" <bogus@news.com> wrote: >Is there a way I can write a little program that will trap the keyboard and >save whatever is being typed to a file? In other words, I need to write &g...

Trapping a value to use in my form
I am quite new to this and need some help. I have a form with a record source of a query. In the query I have the criteria set to ask the user a question in a popup box which searches a table for that input which is then reported back to the form to view EmployeeNumberQuery is as follows: Field: Employee Table: Employee_Number Criteria: [Enter the Employee Number] <-this is the value I want to capture and display in the form This query also has other fields that are reported back to the form that match the entered value The Employee_Listing_Table is as follows: Form Hea...

windows resize event trap
I am trying to resize a form inside of excel base on windows resize event (not workbook resize)... I've already try Private Sub appevent_WindowResize(ByVal Wb As Excel.Workbook, ByVal Wn As Excel.Window) MsgBox "you have resized excel" End Sub and it works only with workbook resize... I'll appreciate any help on this... thanks LH ...

Trapping Ligitimate Mail
Have IMF installed on Exch 2k3. I know I can adjust the sensitivity of the filter. It seems to be catching most spam, however, one person's mail always seems to be trapped. This person usually has to send zip files. Is is possible force exchange to accept mail from this person? Is the file attachment the issue? Thank you, Justin You could add them to the safe senders list within the IMF filter. "Justin" wrote: > Have IMF installed on Exch 2k3. I know I can adjust the > sensitivity of the filter. It seems to be catching most > spam, however, one person&#...

Trap Receiver
Dear All, I am developing a utility for receiving traps(Trap Receiver). I needed help as I dont understand where to start and how to do it. Please help. Dinesh What is a trap and what does it mean to receive one? Possibly the reason you don't know how to start is that you are trying to do something that is not defined or possible. joe On Thu, 22 Apr 2004 11:04:51 +0530, "Dinesh" <dinesh@netplexusindia.com> wrote: >Dear All, >I am developing a utility for receiving traps(Trap Receiver). I needed help >as I dont understand where to start and how to do it....

trapping charts event
I'm writing a macro in which the user has to choose 2 value on a bar-graph. I can trap chart events as Jon Peltier say ( http://www.computorcompanion.com/LPMArticle.asp?ID=221, ), but following his way I trap *always* chart events. What I want is to trap chart event in a chart sheet only one time, and after that I want to leave the charts event control back to excel. Is it possible? Sorry for my newbie-ness :-( When you have the information you need, and don't need more events from the chart, deactivate the chart events. Set clsEventChart.EvtChart = Nothing - Jon ------...

Trapping Mouse Clicks
Two questions. 1. In a CListCtrl displayed in Report view mode, with a header labeling the columns, I need to trap a mouse right button down message. The control has a native function to trap the left mouse button on a click in the header, but neither control nor the dialog are able to see the right mouse button. It would also be nice to have MFC tell me which column was clicked, but I can do that with a little math on the mouse position and the CHeaderCtrl pointer. 2. The dialog in question is resizeable. I want to resize and relocate controls on the dialog when it is resized. I...

Trap event
This question is regarding the setup, Is it possible to catch the event of the close button in the installation complete windows form dialog control(finished) , I basically need to point to a website(for registeration) after the user clicks the close button. Also is there any alternative method possible (I dont want to use the Register user dialog control) I am using VB.NET Please do help me Don't know the answer but could show your Web Site at the First start of your Application instead. "Kelly G." <not@moreply.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:eE8JfWF1DHA.1740@...

Am I walking into a trap with how I want to model this?
I was hoping somebody could give me guidance as to if I am walking into a big trap with how I am planning to deploy MS CRM in our environment. Here is our situation: - We are a franchise concept, with two offerings, one for a store and one to be an "Area Developer" who works at selling and supervising stores in his Area. - Currently corporate collects all the leads for potential franchisees and distributes them to the Area Developers so they can make sales. - We are currently expanding internationally with Master Licensees (somebody will develop all of Japan for instance). ...

trapping an unrecognized command
If I enter a command that does not exist, here's what happens PS C:> xyzzy The term 'xyzzy' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try again. At line:1 char:6 + xyzzy <<<< + CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: (xyzzy:String) [], CommandNotFoundException + FullyQualifiedErrorId : CommandNotFoundException Is there a way to trap this to be able to execute some custom PowerShell c...

outgoing emails trap in queue
some mails sending to a domain from exchanger server 2000 is trapped in queue. The queue status is Active or Retry, while others are Ready. I have installed another server which has no this problem. It shows the network has no problem. Can anyone know how to set the queue status to Ready and let all emails send out. Thanks. Hi, Have you tried the force connection option on that queue, what happends? Regards -- Ben Hoffman MCP (Win2000 Pro/Server & Exchange 2003 Admin) http://www.ExchangeIS.com "word 2.0" <word20@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:94F...

OnError not trapping subsequent errors?
I am working with an org chart "tree" in table form to find the reporting heirachy. I start with the employee name, look it up on another table, and find that person's reporting manager. Then I look up that manager as an employee to find their manager, and so on. Eventually each tree hits an error when I get to the top of the tree, because it can't find a matching manager name. So, I use onError to escape the loop and present the data onscreen for review. This works fine the first time, but the code stops with an error on the second 'original' emplo...

NewBie, how to trap: SQLAllocHandle Error
I have a MFC VC7.1++ program using VS2003, and also using the MSDE2000 for some reason my import is now failing and I cannot figure out why, before today this first statement use to successfully process. The return value of retcode now is 0, it use to be retcode = 1 I have looked up the documentation and see confusing information at least to me as to what an acceptable retcode should be, I even read of a macro SQL_SUCEEDED which will accept both 1 and 0, but when I use this then it just steps thorugh me code with no error, yet does NOT import the data into the table I wish. SQLH...

Error Trapping
Hi all I have a table with a required field set to yes. How do I capture the system generated responce when the user fails to enter data in that field? TIA johnb Use the Error event of the form to catch these engine-level errors. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "johnb" <johnb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B020CCA8-8ECB-4A32-8E78-ED53092E4E01@microsoft.com... > Hi all > I have a table with a required field se...

Trapping WM_SYSCOMMAND/SC_MINIMIZE
Hello I am having a MFC SDI App. This application at times peforms long tasks which can take about 1 minute or so And this is done in the Main Thread itself [I do not want to use a worker thread or UI thread to process this long task so as to not block the Main Thread. The problem For me, the Main Thread must perform this long task, but my Application must react to WM_SYSCOMMAND/SC_MINIMIZE Basically, the Application must allow the user input to Minimize the Application though the message queue is filled up wit several messages (several user posted messages). I want to prioritize this MINIM...

Trapping control messages
Hello, I have a few controls in a dialog pane, among which a scrollbar. As expected, pressing the arrow keys moves the focus around the various buttons. I would like to have the UP and DOWN arrow keys always control the scrollbar, no matter which button has the focus. In my Dialog's Window Procedure, I've tried handling the WM_GETDLGCODE message by returning DLGC_WANTARROWS, thinking that if the user pressed an arrow key while a button has focus, the command would be sent to my dialog's WndProc instead of being handled internally by Windows. That didn't work. Is this how it...

Trapping Alt-F4
I have a weird bug I'm trying to fix. This is an older MDI application, 16-bit actually. The problem occurs when a modeless dialog, that's basically hosting a progress bar, does not have the focus and the user hits Alt-F4 and causes a GPF. I thought this would be easy, just trap the message in PreTranslateMessage() and be done. Except it's not working. The callstack window indicates the code is failing in a GetDlgItem() call in a function of the dialog called UpdateStatus(), which does pretty much what its name suggests and is called a lot. Any ideas/suggestions? TIA Gerry ...

new and reply messages trapped in OUTBOX
outlook 2003 test messages go through DSL service okay. Verizon says it is not their problem. when I create a message and hit send button it goes to OUTBOX. hitting send all and send/receive all has no effect. Try the troubleshooting steps listed here: http://support.microsoft.com/?id=291613 If that doesn't work for you, please post back. -- Kathleen Orland Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.howto-outlook.com/ "stevsail" wrote: > outlook 2003 > test messages go through DSL service okay. Verizon says it is not their > problem. > ...

Trapping all keyboard input
Anyone know of a good article on trapping the keyboard input? I'm trying to read data from a barcode scanner that sends data to the keyboard (including control codes). I'm trapping the Ctrl key in PreTranslateMessage() to process the control codes. I get characters 1-31 but have not seen NULL. The scanner is sending a Ctrl+50 which I can't figure out. I'm wondering if that's it's 'NULL' character. Thanks YOu will probably not see a NULL, although you can try explicitly typing Ctrl+space to see if that generates it (I don't think it does). Ctrl+50 i...

Trapping activate messages
Hi , I have a MFC application that calls a modal dialog in a COM ATL exe. That works fine. After switching to a different application (ie my MFC application gets deactivated) , clicking on the task bar to activate my MFC application again has no response. I tried overriding the OnActivate, OnActivateApp and WindowProc in the COM ATL exe's Main Frame and Dialog class, but the WM_ACTIVATE message does not get trapped there . Any suggestions ? Regards, Chitra That happens to me quite a bit with various applications I use. It seems to be some kind of focus issue with Explorer. I us...

Problem trying to trap error in AfterUpdate event
I'm having a problem with trying to trap an error on a form that I've created. I"m a "code newbie", so please keep that in mind. Here's some background: The database will contain records of certain diseases. The data will be entered by county nurses, but before they enter all the data, I'd like to check to make sure the data hasn't been entered already (sometimes there are duplicates of the paperwork floating around). We tried putting a big "Save Record" button on the form, but they were tabbing past it Once they enter the info that goes i...

trapping junk mail
Dear All, Any idea to set up an account to attract spam in order to trap it? Putting email address in newsgroups like that? : maggie.yiu@polytree.com Rgds, jason@sted.minidns.net Jason: Setting up an account specifically for junk mail will probably not help reduce the amount of junk mail that your other users receive, all it will really do is consume more of your bandwidth and disk resources. I do this fairly regularly on test servers and networks merely to test Exchange and to test anti-spam solutions, but these test are only marginally effective if the spam is not mixed with rea...