Tooltips for a toolbar in a dialog box

I have placed a toolbar in a dialog box.  How do I get tooltips to appear?

0
w_gower (280)
4/15/2004 9:11:08 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Use the style:
CBRS_TOOLTIPS

when you create the toolbar.

Tom

"William Gower" <w_gower@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I have placed a toolbar in a dialog box.  How do I get tooltips to appear?

0
tserface (3860)

Tooltip presentation of "Task name/Description" with roll-over to
Dear all, Is there any way to manage the appearance of Task name/Description on a tooltip with roll-over to Timesheet Grid Column Day Units of Timesheet View page (of Project Server 2007)? As the User Interface in this page is not so wide and the user needs to horizontally scroll, sometimes the Task Name is not visible and user needs to scroll on the left again to find it. Is it possible through javascript, WebPart or through the relative aspx page? I'll appreciate any help on that. Kind regards, Konstantinos Christodoulakis Senior Project Manager Hi Konstantinos,...

Continuous Form & Combo box question
I have a continuous form which displays timesheet records. employee,date,time,jobnumber,workcode,notes. employee and workcode are both ID fields which link to other tables to get their text equivalent. These ID fields I display as limit to list combo boxes, the other fields are text boxes. The employee combo box works perfectly ok. But the workcode combo box is giving me grief. What should happen: When the timesheet opens the workcode combo should display the description for the code associated with the underlying ID field. However a workcode has an associated link with the jo...

Outlook Contact dialogue box
Is there a way to set certain phone numbers (e. g. Business or Business Fax) as the default options in a new Contact card? I'd like to change the ones that show up and have been doing in one at at time. Thanks for your help. ...

File Edit toolbar is missing
The File Edit toolbar in Excel is missing First thing to check: Tools|customize|toolbars tab|make sure worksheet menubar is selected. Well, maybe the first thing to check is to verify that you can see all of excel--it's not just off the display window??? stellarmellor wrote: > > The File Edit toolbar in Excel is missing -- Dave Peterson ...

Toolbar in Frontpage
Anyone know why the CRM toolbar would appear in MS Frontpage 2003? -- - I am Johnny ...

Tooltips for CComboBoxEx
I have implemented tooltips in my dialog using "ON_NOTIFY_EX(TTN_NEEDTEXT, 0, NotifyToolTips)" message map. However the CComboBoxEx on the dialog is the only control which does not show a tooltip. How do I get tooltips workign with a CComboBoxEx? Thanks See if this helps: http://www.codeproject.com/combobox/Neat_Tooltip_for_Combobox.asp ------------- Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com ...

Text box visibility
On my form "Finalise Jobs" i have (amongst other controls), "Date ready" - txtDateReady, "Date Required" - txtDateRequired, "WhyDelayed" - txtWhyDelayed, and a search Combo Box - cboSearch. The following code is attached to txtDateReady :- Private Sub txtDateReady_AfterUpdate() If txtDateReady > Forms![Finalise Jobs].txtDateRequired Then Me.lblWhyDelayed.Visible = True Me.txtWhyDelayed.Visible = True Else Me.lblWhyDelayed.Visible = False Me.txtWhyDelayed.Visible = False End If End Sub and the following...

drop down boxes #14
Is it possible to change to fonts or fill colours of a cell containing a drop down box? Any help would be much appreciated Thanks If you made the drop down box using validation then you should be able to change the colors just like any other cell. If you used a combo box from the control toolbar, then you've got to right click and go to properties. Art "stumakker" wrote: > Is it possible to change to fonts or fill colours of a cell containing a drop > down box? > > Any help would be much appreciated > > Thanks Hi, Thanks for your reply....

My Name is Not In the To Box Criteria
Can someone tell me what the definition of "my name" is in the rule criteria "my name in not in the to box". Is this based on the email account name field? What happens if you have multiple accounts created? ...

Drop Down Box to Choose Time
How do I create a Drop down box to choose the time and enter it into a cell, instead of typing it in. thanks. -- Jeff You don't say what times you want to put in. You could do this with a drop-down from the forms toolbar, linking it to a range with your time data in If it's simply the current time you could just type Ctrl+Shift+: -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "GoBucks" <jeffallen28@msn.com(DoNotSpam)> wrote in message news:FB9CEA8A-D6FA-435F-8E37-0B8B8AF478A2@microsoft.com... > How do I...

ToolTip
I'm trying out the TTF_PARSELINKS flag on my tooltip. I get a link that looks fine, but I'm having problems clicking it, because if I move the cursor onto the ToolTip it immediately disappears. Any clues? Bendik Hi, The link feature is implemented only in version 6.00 of the common controls, you simply need to include a manifest and add the flag TTF_PARSELINKS in the toolInfo::uFlags. http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/shellcc/platform/commctls/tooltip/structures/toolinfo.asp http://blogs.msdn.com/oldnewthing/archive/2004/02/25/79842.aspx Hope t...

Text Box In Report
I used this expression in my text box in report =(Abs(Sum(([mthtag]="Current Month" And [ACCTSTAT]="Current")*[NET_BAL]))) How to use sort of the same expression of the above but to display text data only. I tried to use this expression but failed =([mthtag]="Current Month" And [ACCTSTAT]="Current")*[Branch] Thanks =IIf([mthtag]="Current Month" And [ACCTSTAT]="Current",[Branch],"") "zyus" wrote: > I used this expression in my text box in report > > =(Abs(Sum(([mthtag]="Current...

toolbars #2
how can i expand my quick access toolbar? You can add more items to the QAT by right clicking it and using Customize. Is that what you mean by "expand" ? best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email "Pym" <Pym@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B23B737A-AACD-4261-87C5-C9D98DBA787A@microsoft.com... > how can i expand my quick access toolbar? "Bernard Liengme" wrote: > You can add more items to the QAT by right clicking it and using Customize. > Is that what you mea...

How to avoid toolbar floating
Hi, here is my problem. I have an app with 2 toolbars. On OnCreate y load the toolbars and I DOCK them right there. After that, I don't want my toolbars to be floated by the user. I want them to stay there, docked, and ignoring user attempts to float them. Is it possible to achieve this? Thank you in advance. 1) I think if you take out the CBRS_GRIPPER style, you can never drag the toolbar out. 2. ) You can also handle OnLButtonDown and not call StartDrag().. void CControlBar::OnLButtonDown(UINT nFlags, CPoint pt) { // only start dragging if clicked in "void" space if (...

Font Size in Check Box
How do I increase the font size on the tag for a Check Box inserted using the Forms toolbar? "=?Utf-8?B?QmVldGxlanVpY2U=?=" <Beetlejuice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:DF376055-C295-475D-8D57-ED59A8EAAB09@microsoft.com: > How do I increase the font size on the tag for a Check Box inserted > using the Forms toolbar? > Delete the tag and replace it by text in an adjacent or underlying cell? -- It is I, DeauDeau (Free after monsieur Leclerc in 'Allo, 'allo) hi, that is done in the checkbox's property sheet. read down the properties select ...

Toolbar Re-Docking
Hi, Tried everything suggested in the Help menu, honestly, but apparently I'm not doing it correctly. Would like to re-dock the upper toolbars with the main grid-cell screen. They have apparently split asunder. How, please ? Thanks again, Bob I'm not certain of your dilemma, but I'll give it a shot. I presume that one or more of your tool bars is out 'floating' over the grid somewhere? If so, simply move your mousepointer next to the title of that toolbar and press and hold the left mouse button. You should get a cross with 4 arrowheads, just drag up toward t...

drop down box linking worksheets
I want to create a drop down box on 30 different worksheets so that when I want to go to a certain worksheet I can just look through the drop down list. I know how to create a drop dowwn list for a single worksheet, but not one like this. I have data for the last 24 weeks on different worksheets and I need this list. thanks. Did you know that you could rightclick on the VCR like controls (to the left of the worksheet tabs) and see a list of all the worksheets? Another option is to add hyperlinks to each sheet. But I think I'd use a toolbar. You could use it for more than this workbook ...

text box if statement does not work when displayed in main form
I have a subform (fExtraHrsDetails)with the below code. If the field (Stage) is "Active" the text box (ProjIDCL) is displayed else the text box(ProjID) is displayed Private Sub Form_Current() If Me.Stage = "Active" Then ProjIDCL.Visible = True ProjID.Visible = False Else ProjIDCL.Visible = False ProjID.Visible = True End If End Sub This works great in the subform, however, when I display the main form, the sub form does not display the correct text box. What am I doing wrong? Why does it work in the subform and when I display the main form is is not working??? -- de...

Tooltip with user input
Hi everybody, I'm developping a new component that is similar to windows start menu except the fact that the menu appears when I put the mouse over the component. So its some kind of a tooltip but with user input. Almost everything works but I still got some problems. First, my window (menu component) is a child of desktop window in order to display it outside of its parent (a CStatic), second it is topmost window to display it over every window. The problems I got are: - my tooltips (the ones on my menu's buttons) doesn't display over my window but behind it - I want to hide ...

PDF 4.0 Floating Toolbar
How to I get rid of that d$%#&*ed Adobe PDF 4.0 floating toolbar forever in Excel 2002? You can close or hide it, but it's a built-in toolbar that always comes back each time you start up Excel. Is there a way to change the default list of toolbars that come up or disable PDF 4.0? Darrell, It's not a built-in toolbar. IIRC, that is an Adobe add-in. Try Tools | Add ins... and uncheck anything that looks like it has to do with Adobe/PDF. Then find out the path to the file, and then go there and delete it. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "Darrell" <Darrell@discussions...

MS Office 2010
Hi there I have written a Macro for which I wish to create a hotkey/shortcut for. In previous versions of Office, I were able to add a '&' next to the letter on a toolbar or menu item. However in Office 2007/2010, this doesn't appear to be the case. Could anyone help me and advise how I can add a hotkey for a specific Outlook Macro for Outlook 2010 plase? Kind regards See http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/macrobutton.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, ...

Tooltips
Hello! This may be asking a lot from Excel, but is there a way to do th following, in Excel 2000: When you move the cursor over a cell with a date in it, for a toolti to appear above it showing the difference in days between that date an today? Thanks, Dan -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Cells do not have tool tips. The nearest thing may be cell comments but cell comments are static text. You could use a macro to add the comment text you want to all date cells but it would have to be re-run every day. This example works on date cells in the current selection. Sub Date...

Lost Toolbar
Hello-- I have Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac. I think I moved my standard toolbar off of the screen and I cannot find it for the life of me. Please help! How can I get it back so that I can see it? I've fumbled around with the customize toolbars menu for hours and I'm thinking maybe it is something wrong with my templates. I'm so lost. Please help! Thanks, Kenny In article <1188851424.585114.128920@50g2000hsm.googlegroups.com>, Innokenty Pyetranker <InnPye@gmail.com> wrote: > I have Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac. I think I moved my standard > toolbar off of ...

Customize Toolbar
Anybody knows how to add an icon to Great Plains toolbar and call a visual basic form created using Great Plains? We are using Great Plains version 8.0. Thanks for your support. Does the VB form you created show up in the menus? "Sree" wrote: > Anybody knows how to add an icon to Great Plains toolbar and call a visual > basic form created using Great Plains? > We are using Great Plains version 8.0. > > Thanks for your support. > > > > > Thanks for your reply. The form doesn't show up in the menu. "Brian Meier [MSFT]" <bme...

Opening Toolbars attached to workbooks
I've attached a toolbar to a workbook and I would like it to open when the workbook is opened and close when the workbook is closed. Any help greatly appreciated. DR DR, You will have to write some code... there are many samples out there for that.. here is a link to one of mine written a few years back: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnoffpro01/html/customexcelmenus.asp -- Charles www.officezealot.com "Blackcat" <Blackcat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CB356805-54CC-441F-B31A-A79C2D5A62AE@microsoft.com... > ...