tooltip - some dont show up

I have an MFC application and although most menu/tool bar icons show the
associated Prompt and Tool Tip, there are one or two that just dont show
them. I've checked the resources and they look of for all the items (working
and non-working) but I cant seem to get all the tool-tips to show up

Any help will be much appreciated
Phil

0
phil8214 (40)
10/10/2005 9:20:03 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Tooltips for buttons display only that text which follows \n and corresponds to the prompt
for the identical menu item.  Do you have a \n in all tooltip text? Just a guess.
				joe

On Mon, 10 Oct 2005 22:20:03 +0100, "Phil Cunningham" <phil@oakleafsoftware.co.nospam>
wrote:

>I have an MFC application and although most menu/tool bar icons show the
>associated Prompt and Tool Tip, there are one or two that just dont show
>them. I've checked the resources and they look of for all the items (working
>and non-working) but I cant seem to get all the tool-tips to show up
>
>Any help will be much appreciated
>Phil

Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
newcomer (15973)

OL2007, Word as editor, right mouse button not showing autocorrection
Normally when using Word and the cursor is over a misspelt word, the right mouse button shows alternative words and various other options. However, when creating a new email in OL, the Word editor uses the right button for Work | Signatures. Can I get it back to the normal Word modality? TIA, Bill "Bill Davy" <Bill@SynectixLtd.com> wrote in message news:OV4P7gdEKHA.1248@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Normally when using Word and the cursor is over a misspelt word, the right > mouse button shows alternative words and various other options. > > However, whe...

appointments not showing in outlook 2002
My future appointments beyond 1 week ahead are not showing in outlook 2002, although the appropriate dates when I have appointments in the future are in bold. So I'm certain the information is "there" somewhere, it's just not showing, although past appointments show up. The whole mess started when I was active-syncing my calendar on PC with calendar on palm treo 700. There's got to be a way to force this information to show up, but I've been trying different ways for a long long time but haven't found a way. I so much need help with this, it's driving me nu...

show strike through
show original information with a strike through in the cell. Larry Format>Cells...Font>Strikethrough -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "Larry B" <Larry B@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7493FFCB-3052-4C3E-B9C8-F4E9BCB852B2@microsoft.com... > show original information with a strike through in the cell. ...

All autoshapes are not showing up in publisher 2003
When using autoshapes in Publisher 2003, The resize buttons are available but the line of the autoshape is not shown. When in the format menu, The default line colour is set to white, but will not change to black when prompted. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. disgruntled <disgruntled@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > When using autoshapes in Publisher 2003, The resize buttons are > available but the line of the autoshape is not shown. When in the > format menu, The default line colour is set to white, but will not > change to ...

Tooltip presentation of "Task name/Description" with roll-over to
Dear all, Is there any way to manage the appearance of Task name/Description on a tooltip with roll-over to Timesheet Grid Column Day Units of Timesheet View page (of Project Server 2007)? As the User Interface in this page is not so wide and the user needs to horizontally scroll, sometimes the Task Name is not visible and user needs to scroll on the left again to find it. Is it possible through javascript, WebPart or through the relative aspx page? I'll appreciate any help on that. Kind regards, Konstantinos Christodoulakis Senior Project Manager Hi Konstantinos,...

Outlook 2002 not showing All-day events in group calendar
Hi I have an XP SP1 machine here that isn�t showing all day events in group calendar, I�ve looked at all the settings I can think of but can�t work out why. It shows the top of the Work Week view as just gre as if no events exist. All other machines looking at the group displa fine th -- Dibble ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Dibbler's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=409 View this thread: http://www.msusenet.com/t-187096409 ...

Why color formatting not showing on worksheet?
I have a color printer and preview is in color. On-screen worksheet shows only in black and white. What can be done to fix this? Hi! Take a look at this: http://contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#Fill Biff >-----Original Message----- >I have a color printer and preview is in color. On- screen worksheet shows >only in black and white. What can be done to fix this? >. > Look at this KB article http://support.microsoft.com/d�efault.aspx?kbid=320531 Changes to fill color and fill pattern are not displayed in Office programs -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email addres...

Tooltips for CComboBoxEx
I have implemented tooltips in my dialog using "ON_NOTIFY_EX(TTN_NEEDTEXT, 0, NotifyToolTips)" message map. However the CComboBoxEx on the dialog is the only control which does not show a tooltip. How do I get tooltips workign with a CComboBoxEx? Thanks See if this helps: http://www.codeproject.com/combobox/Neat_Tooltip_for_Combobox.asp ------------- Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com ...

office documents dont show icon properly
I have notice that the icons for my doc,docx, xls .. etc are not show properly. The shortcut for word exe...etc show poperly but on on items created in the products. How do I fix this other than reinstalling office ? 'Properly' means what? Run Office Diagnostics "Help me" <Helpme@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7A305279-9E60-4DCB-88C2-38F92038DD8C@microsoft.com... > I have notice that the icons for my doc,docx, xls .. etc are not show > properly. The shortcut for word exe...etc show poperly but on on items > created in the p...

Why does reason code show?
Can someone help with this mystery... I have created a custom receipt, starting with receipt.xml as a foundation. I am not asking to see the discount reason code on receipts, but it is printing anyway. Meanwhile the discount reason code does NOT show when I view the journal on the screen. Question: Why is the discount reason code showing on the paper receipt and not on the electronic image of the receipt? Thanks in advance, Steve Steve, Did you re-select the receipt template after you modified it? SO Manager | Database | Registers | Receipt Formats | 40 or Full Page | Sales | clic...

ToolTip
I'm trying out the TTF_PARSELINKS flag on my tooltip. I get a link that looks fine, but I'm having problems clicking it, because if I move the cursor onto the ToolTip it immediately disappears. Any clues? Bendik Hi, The link feature is implemented only in version 6.00 of the common controls, you simply need to include a manifest and add the flag TTF_PARSELINKS in the toolInfo::uFlags. http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/shellcc/platform/commctls/tooltip/structures/toolinfo.asp http://blogs.msdn.com/oldnewthing/archive/2004/02/25/79842.aspx Hope t...

Tooltip with user input
Hi everybody, I'm developping a new component that is similar to windows start menu except the fact that the menu appears when I put the mouse over the component. So its some kind of a tooltip but with user input. Almost everything works but I still got some problems. First, my window (menu component) is a child of desktop window in order to display it outside of its parent (a CStatic), second it is topmost window to display it over every window. The problems I got are: - my tooltips (the ones on my menu's buttons) doesn't display over my window but behind it - I want to hide ...

Table of Content only shows Header 1
Hi, Using Office 2007. After a few hours of work I finally managed to have header 2 with numbers before it (like 1.2, 1.3, ...). Now if I create a TOC only Header 1 is shown. Header 2 and Header 3 are not shown anymore. Even though I requested to go to level 3. If I then try to select the styles to use for the different TOC levels the custom levels I created are not shown as 'available style'. (under 'insert TOC' --> options) How do I get the custom Header styles that I generated in that 'available styles' list? Hi Tom; I don't mean to be pick...

OWA Password page not showing up.
I installed the hotfix from kb 833734. I've also tried to follow the steps found at kb 327843. However, when I set an account to "change password at next logon" and go to that account in OWA on a FE that's using forms based auth, it doesn't redirect to the page for changing an expired password. However if i direct my browser to that page manually and fill in the form, it unexpires my password just fine. Is this how it's supposed to work? Shouldn't it detect that it's expired and thus redirect me to the page for resetting my password? Thanks. This ...

Showing Cell Outline
Can anyone explain to a dummy how to keep the grid lines of a worksheet visible after making the background coloured? I have been to Advanced Properties and set 'show grid', but it disappears when I add a colour. Many thanks in advance for any help you can give. Use cell Borders. Eric wrote: > Can anyone explain to a dummy how to keep the grid lines of a worksheet > visible after making the background coloured? I have been to Advanced > Properties and set 'show grid', but it disappears when I add a colour. > Many thanks in advance for any help you...

em from people i dont even know (respond to server ) is what they say
i have the same proplem with people pc help and now i have show all messages and there are a lot of th ...

Showing days on Week view in calendar
Outlook 2003 - I'd like to show the day as well as the date - is this possible? Ensure your long date format includes dddd in Control Panel->Regional settings. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook} Please post all followup questions to the newsgroups only to keep the discussion intact. "Gordon" wrote: > Outlook 2003 - I'd like to show the day as well as the date - is this > possible? > > > "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" <mills@donteventhinkaboutmailingmeatmvps.org> wrote in message news:D742F042-C6B5-4F6F-89E2-6F13C081A7D2@micro...

how do I get rid of formating symbols that show up in my document
Some strange marking are showing up in my word documents. I think they are some sort of format icons. How do I get rid of them http://word.mvps.org/FAQS/Formatting/NonPrintChars.htm -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "JohnC" <JohnC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5144F489-3D4C-4964-AF1C-7624B9C33E2C@microsoft.com... > Some strange marking are showing up in my word documents. I think they > are > some sort of format icons. How do I get rid of them ...

Powerpoint shows dont open from hyperlinks
Here's a weird one! On our corporate intranet, there are a number of web pages that contain hyperlinks to Powerpoint shows (pps and ppsx) Unfortunately, whenever these hyperlinks are clicked, the Presentation opens up in Edit mode... not as a Powerpoint show. If you open them up directly from the webserver by clicking on the filename ( I can, as an administrator) they open just fine as Powerpoint shows. Has anyone ever heard of this? We are using Internet Explorer 6 on Win XP operating system. Any help in getting these Powerpoint shows to open properly from hyperlink...

Tooltips
Hello! This may be asking a lot from Excel, but is there a way to do th following, in Excel 2000: When you move the cursor over a cell with a date in it, for a toolti to appear above it showing the difference in days between that date an today? Thanks, Dan -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Cells do not have tool tips. The nearest thing may be cell comments but cell comments are static text. You could use a macro to add the comment text you want to all date cells but it would have to be re-run every day. This example works on date cells in the current selection. Sub Date...

Outlook 2000 Contacts don't show in new messages
All, tia; User contacts folder props set to show as eamil address book, and I have 2 contact folders in the OAB. The GAL and both contacts folders are set in Services/Addressing I can't address email to either contact list, both are empty. ?? TheDemoDog Demodog <Demo20Dog@gmail.com> wrote: > User contacts folder props set to show as eamil address book, and I > have 2 contact folders in the OAB. The GAL and both contacts folders > are set in Services/Addressing > I can't address email to either contact list, both are empty. Try removing the OAB service, stopping an...

Replicated MDB not showing conflict resolution window
I have a 2003 MDB that is replicated. Upon synchronization, it states that it is complete; however, when either the replica or the design master is opened, a message is displayed stating "This member of the replica set has conflicts from synchronizing changes with other members". Neither the replica nor the design master will give me the conflict resolution window in order to fix. Not sure how to proceed from here. =?Utf-8?B?R3JpbWVzUkw=?= <GrimesRL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:754AFA0C-A06C-4123-91B0-800108665D3B@microsoft.com: > I have a 2003 M...

show all view in Excel 2007
In Excel 2003 there was a Show All View button that would re-set the view after filtering. I do not see a comparable button in 2007. Can anyone help with this? "shan88" <shan88@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6F64FC1C-1F0E-4E7D-A5A2-C776B49CCA78@microsoft.com... > In Excel 2003 there was a Show All View button that would re-set the view > after filtering. I do not see a comparable button in 2007. > > Can anyone help with this? On the Data tab in the Sort and Filter box there's a "clear" button? Thank you Gordon. It's so...

Showing a CListBox dynamically
Hi, I am trying to show a CListBox when pressing the TAB key in CEdit control. Kind of an auto-typing/IntelliSense feature to CEdit field. I do something like: CListBox box; CRect rect(...); box.Create(WS_VISIBLE,rect,this,ID_LIST); But the listbox is not shown, not even with box.ShowWindow(SW_SHOW). The CEdit control is inside a dialog box so should I replace 'this' by something else above? Markus Markus, Just out of interest, what are the values for the CRect variable? "markus" <no@email.com> wrote in message news:#$sJ#8MRFHA.3716@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... &g...

Stock showing up under two different symbols
I am using MSm 2004. When I download from Vanguard a stock comes in as BRK B. But, moneycentral.msn calls the stock BRK.B. How do I get it to recognize that these are one and the same instead of showing up twice in my portfolio? I have a similar problem with Nasdaq 100 Tr Unit Ser 1. The Vanguard download does not give it a symbol, but the symbol on moneycentral.msn is QQQQ. So it shows up twice in my portfolio. In microsoft.public.money, Eggman wrote: >I am using MSm 2004. When I download from Vanguard a stock comes in as BRK >B. But, moneycentral.msn calls the stock BRK.B. ...