ToolBar

Hi,
I would like to have text on right on my toolbar. But only at some items.
Like IE. I tryed it, but I had the space for text on the right at all items.
And the space was long as the longest lext.
Can U advise me, where I can find how to do this?

Thanks a lot.
    Robert

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Have you looked at example MFCIE in MSDN which shows how to use MFC to create IE. I think
what you need is individual sizing of each of the buttons. This sample should show it.

--
Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++]
ajaykalra@yahoo.com

"Robert Camsky" <robertcamsky@atlas.cz> wrote in message
| Hi,
| I would like to have text on right on my toolbar. But only at some items.
| Like IE. I tryed it, but I had the space for text on the right at all items.
| And the space was long as the longest lext.
| Can U advise me, where I can find how to do this?
|
| Thanks a lot.
|     Robert

0
ajaykalra (6842)
2/3/2004 6:37:10 AM
You need to set TBSTYLE_EX_MIXEDBUTTONS extended style. Then call
CToolBar::SetButtonText to set the text AND CToolBar::SetButtonStyle( ,
BTNS_SHOWTEXT ) to tell the toolbar to display this text.

"Robert Camsky" <robertcamsky@atlas.cz> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I would like to have text on right on my toolbar. But only at some items.
> Like IE. I tryed it, but I had the space for text on the right at all
items.
> And the space was long as the longest lext.
> Can U advise me, where I can find how to do this?
>
> Thanks a lot.
>     Robert

0
Yan

Toolbar Macros
I posted this in the Programming newsgroup, but was given a Macro solution to this problem. So let me post again here. I'm just looking for an explanation as to how this stuff works. ----------------------------- I'm so confused!!! Some history... I have a workbook that I created maybe eight years ago, that has some simple macros that are run ONLY from this workbook, and are accessed by clicking on Tools menu, where the macros are listed at the bottom of the normal list. This macros (and the items on the Tools menu) are ONLY available for this particular workbook. I have tried ...

Can't remove "Visual Basic" toolbar & cannot add toolbars thru cus
Hi, I Can't remove the "Visual Basic" toolbar which has positioned itself right in the centre of the screen; it can't be removed or moved I also cannot add toolbars through the customise menu. Thanks. ...

ToolBar
Hi, I would like to have text on right on my toolbar. But only at some items. Like IE. I tryed it, but I had the space for text on the right at all items. And the space was long as the longest lext. Can U advise me, where I can find how to do this? Thanks a lot. Robert Have you looked at example MFCIE in MSDN which shows how to use MFC to create IE. I think what you need is individual sizing of each of the buttons. This sample should show it. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Robert Camsky" <robertcamsky@atlas.cz> wrote in message news:OKuWLdf6DHA.226...

Enlarge QAT (Quick Action Toolbar) icons
I've looked for a way (& through this forum) to enlarge the icons in 'my' QAT, but this does not appear to be possible. Am I overlooking some tweak that can do this or is the size of those icons really fixed? Thanks in advance for your comments. To get bigger icons, I believe you will have to change the screen resolution in Windows. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "PLDV" <PLDV@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:63C6AAD4-5308-4183-B227-BFED12196793@microsoft.com... > I've looked for a way (& through this forum...

Remove a third party (PDF) toolbar item from Outlook's Untitled message toolbar
How does one remove a third party (Adobe PDF) toolbar item from Outlook's Untitled message toolbar permanently. Where is this info stored? sounds like you have Adobe Acrobat installed. Why not simply un-install it. Hope this is useful to you. Let us know. rms SBCM wrote: > How does one remove a third party (Adobe PDF) toolbar item > from Outlook's Untitled message toolbar permanently. > Where is this info stored? ...

Drawing from Toolbar Crashes Excel 2008

MSCRM 4.0 ISV Custom buttons not visible in Contact Detail Toolbar
Hello, After enabline isv integration in 4.0, I can see in the Accounts detail level toolbar the sample isv buttons, but when I goto Contacts detail toolbar, none are visible. I just added a button to the detail level toolbar in CRM 4.0. It was added basically to the same place as my old 3.0 in the isv.config, but after adding it wasn't visible. I then went to the ReadyServer image from Microsoft, and noticed that the isv.config was not present! (isv.xsd was present and accounted for). Since I could see the isv buttons in the account entity detail toolbar, I added my custom butto...

Size of toolbar buttons
Hello All How can I set the different size to different button of toolbar ( Exactly like Internet Explorer..The Width of Back and forward buttons is different ) What is style to be set of toolbat to achieve this? You probably want TBSTYLE_AUTOSIZE to do this. Here is a complete example. You probably need to look only at LoadMenu part. It should give you what you want: http://www.microsoft.com/msj/0199/c/c0199.aspx -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Roland" <ajay.sonawane@gmail.com> wrote in message news:69c0226e.0410050313.f223e9@posting.google.com... > Hel...

Problem with adding toolbar items
I'm having an odd problem with the AddCommandToCmdBar function with GP 8.0 SP4 (haven't checked other versions). When I set the CloneCmd parameter to true, and create toolbar items for all users, it works fine. But when I set that parameter to false, it doesn't create toolbar items for any user, including the currently logged in one. When I check the toolbar item table in SQL (SY07125), I see that it added the items, but with a blank USERID. I have used the Login_GetInfo function to confirm that at the time we run our toolbar creation code, there is a logged in user. S...

Adding a button to the toolbar
I'm using Visio 2003 and frequently use the Visio Add-on (through Visio Extras) for numbering my objects. Instead of clicking through 3 submenus, I wish to put the "number shapes" Extra on my toolbar for easy access. Thank you! ...

Default toolbars and toolbar buttons seen instead of customization #2
Hi, I just got excel 2003. After I customize my toolbar close excel and then reopen the default toolbar reappears and my customization is lost. Any one know how to solve it? Hagai ...

Custom Toolbars and Relative Macros
Hi I've made a custom toolbar, EGI, which has two buttons on it. The toolbar is attached to the workbook. However, the workbook is only a template workbook, so many copies of it will be made. When this happens the toolbar buttons relate to the original (template) workbook. How can I make the buttons be 'relative' to the workbooks? Thanks! Assign the macros in the Workbook_Open event Private Sub Workbook_Open() With Application.Commandbars("MyBar") .Controls("Ctl1").OnAction = "myMacro1" .Controls("Ctl2").OnAction...

No CRM toolbar in Appointment windows
Hello, I have a problem. I do not see CRM toolbar in Outlook Appointment window. In other windows everything is OK . CRM addon is working. I use Office 2007 SP2 with CRM 4.0 UR7 and Windows 7. Any suggestions ? B.I. Not sure if its too late for this reply. I had the same problem, and the fix was as simple as this: 1. Go to Outlook Menubar -> CRM -> Options. 2. On the 'Set Personal Options' dialog, go to the Synchronization tab. 3. Check the 'Appointments I'm attending' checkbox and click OK. The CRM toolbar will be available in Appointments from now on...

Toolbars
Out of sudden, my toolbar showing "File,Edit,View,..." goes missing. Tried removing and reinstalling Office but still the same. Action buttons "Send,Delete,Reply,.." still there. But duplication appears when I switch views between folders. Anyone who knows how to solve??.. ...

Reviewing toolbar
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I have to do reviewing on many documents. It is extremely annoying that I cannot set the Reviewing Toolbar to always be on. For each document, I have to into the VIew menu and open it. There should be a way to set your default Toolbars to whatever you want! Unfortunately that's how it's designed to work. If you open a file which contains tracked changes or comments the bar will automatically launch, but if neither are present it not only won't launch but will be taken away. There is no Prefer...

Excel custom toolbar
Can I attach a custom toolbar to a workbook that I want to email to others? I have macros assigned to the custom toolbar but others are not able to view the toolbar when I send it to them. Build the custom toolbar using VBA. Here's an example in Word. You just need to put yours in the workbook_Open event. http://www.vbaexpress.com/kb/getarticle.php?kb_id=14 **** Hope it helps! **** ~Dreamboat Excel VBA Certification Coming Soon! www.VBAExpress.com/training/ ******************************** "brm101" <brm101@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AF9C50D0-66B6-...

Where is the resume macro on the toolbar?
I am trying to resume my macro in Excel 2000, but I can't find the resume macro button which is in the toolbar in Excel 1998, but I can't find it in Excel 2000. It's not there anymore. I think most people just record a new macro, then combine the routines in one while they're doing other tweaking. Bju23 wrote: > > I am trying to resume my macro in Excel 2000, but I can't find the resume > macro button which is in the toolbar in Excel 1998, but I can't find it in > Excel 2000. -- Dave Peterson ...

How do I lock the toolbars at the top of the main outlook page.
How do I lock the toolbars at the top of the main outlook page. Mine seem to move apart all the time, each time the Outlook page is opened, leaving gaps and taking up 3 lines, instead of 2 and moving text, messages etc further down the screen. If you can help, thank you very much. -- dulwichlad, south london, in the best country in the world....we welcome everyone, foster peace and take our worldwide responsibilities seriously. Outlook doesn't offer a lock toolbars option. The problem is caused by addins which add their own toolbars in specific positions. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP -...

toolbar
I have a report were the users would like to be able to select the pages they would like to print. How do I create a customized tool bar that when the user clicks on the button the print dialog box will open and allow them to select what they want to print. ...

Customize WLM toolbar
Many useful things can be added to the toolbar. But one seems to be missing. Is there a way to add the menu items 'Show All Messages' and 'Hide Read Messages?' Sure would be nice for me. Thanks. Unfortunately, no. That feature was present in Windows Mail, and has = been=20 sorely missed in Windows Live Mail, to the point that I keep using=20 Windows Mail for newsgroups. --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/vandermolen "Jack Gillis" <XXXXXXXXXXXXX@widomaker.com> wrote in m...

Insert Function "FX" on Toolbar in Excel
I have Office XP (Excel 2002 SP3) and I have noticed that I now have an fx (Insert Function) on the toolbar which I didn't have before. Is there a way to get back to the "old" format where I could click on boxes and the fomaula result box would appear underneath the tool bar, without the insert format box appearing - ie is this new to this release, or have I got an option set that i don't want. I am not a prolific excel user and this is making my life very difficult. I hope you can help me. Thanks Not really, you can put an equal sign in the toolbar but it won...

Formatting toolbar disappeared
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C70703.092DA0B0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable The formatting toolbar is not available when making new emails on one of = my computers. I tried to recreate it (Customize|Toolbars tab), but receive an error = message that says, "A toolbar name 'Formatting' already exists. Type = another name." Is there a way to get this toolbar back from wherever it disappeared to? Thanks, --=20 df ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C70703.092DA0B0 Cont...

Outlook for CRM toolbar buttons not working
The buttons on our outlook crm toolbar work sometimes and not others. One day some work while others won't then next time someone sets down other ones from the crm toolbar will work. Has anyone else had this problem? Any help would be appreciated! Thanks, Antony This problem occurs to my users which installed outlook addons that useses custom forms. To get the buttons work, you have to clear the forms cache on the Manage Forms dialog (Tools | Options | Other | Advanced Options | Custom Forms, then click Manage Forms) and resart outlook. But this problem occurs in irregular distance...

custom toolbar buttons are saved where? Excel loads twice bymistake and all my custom toolbar buttons get gone!!!
Hello, I would like to be able to back up all of my custom toolbar buttons -- where are they kept -- how do I back them up? Thanks. Sincerely, Kevin Waite Hi Kevin, Specific filename varies depending on Excel version, and your userid, search for *.xlb it is updated every tikme Excel closes. More information on this and other Excel things you might want to backup. http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/backup.htm BTW, if you restore your toolbars file it should be restored when Excel is down and to the same location; otherwise, you can make a mess of your toolbars and menus ...

Toolbars in messages, Outlook 2003
It can best be explained with this screenshot: http://img48.imageshack.us/img48/7817/untitled0yz.jpg I want the "desired" layout in the picture. I've tried the following that I found from an old usenet post: "try renaming your outcmd.dat file to outcmd.old while Outlook is closed. Outlook will rebuild the default toolbars the next time you open it. If your changes to the toolbars "stick" after doing this, then you know it was the outcmd.dat file causing the problem. Make sure to make a backup of the new outcmd.dat file so you can restore it if you ever run i...