Toolbar of different sizes of button

Hi All,
I am trying to create a toolbar for IE using ATL+MFC.
I want to create a toolbar just like google but without any combobox etc.
simple buttons but I have to have different size of buttons on the toolbar.
like the first button would be more in width the second and thrid one would
be smaller.

I tried using
SetBitmapSize();
SetButtonSize();

for this but it doesnt seem working.(I am not using imagelist at the moment)

if it is better to use imagelist in this situation?
more over I put a button image extracting it from MSN toolbar it was a
bitmap with pink back ground when I used it as image for my toolbar it was
transparent then I created my own with pink background but this time it was
not transparent altough image properties are same, what could be the reason
and why pink get transparent ?

regards
Muhammad Aftab Alam

I dont know if it is easy or hard I figured out
I have to 2 questions regarding toolbar

0
a.alam (1)
11/6/2004 9:13:37 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

To make buttons of different length on a toolbar, you will need to deal with
TBSTYLE_AUTOSIZE. This example which creates IE like menus using toolbars
will be helpful:  http://www.microsoft.com/msj/0199/c/c0199.aspx

--
Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++]
ajaykalra@yahoo.com

"Muhammad Aftab Alam" <a.alam@NOSPAMascertia.com> wrote in message
> Hi All,
> I am trying to create a toolbar for IE using ATL+MFC.
> I want to create a toolbar just like google but without any combobox etc.
> simple buttons but I have to have different size of buttons on the
toolbar.
> like the first button would be more in width the second and thrid one
would
> be smaller.
>
> I tried using
> SetBitmapSize();
> SetButtonSize();
>
> for this but it doesnt seem working.(I am not using imagelist at the
moment)

> if it is better to use imagelist in this situation?
> more over I put a button image extracting it from MSN toolbar it was a
> bitmap with pink back ground when I used it as image for my toolbar it was
> transparent then I created my own with pink background but this time it
was
> not transparent altough image properties are same, what could be the
reason
> and why pink get transparent ?
>
> regards
> Muhammad Aftab Alam
>

> I dont know if it is easy or hard I figured out
> I have to 2 questions regarding toolbar

0
ajaykalra (6842)

Toolbar Macros
I posted this in the Programming newsgroup, but was given a Macro solution to this problem. So let me post again here. I'm just looking for an explanation as to how this stuff works. ----------------------------- I'm so confused!!! Some history... I have a workbook that I created maybe eight years ago, that has some simple macros that are run ONLY from this workbook, and are accessed by clicking on Tools menu, where the macros are listed at the bottom of the normal list. This macros (and the items on the Tools menu) are ONLY available for this particular workbook. I have tried ...

Difference betn 2 Dates
Can anyone tell me a formula to get the difference between 2 dates in Months for the following example Ex: 10/14/2005 ; 8/23/2010 Is there a formula to get the difference bet'n the above two in Months? Thanks Gary...It works "Gary''s Student" wrote: > Use DATEDIF() If your dates are in A1 and B1, then=DATEDIF(A1,B1,"M") > gives 58 months > -- > Gary''s Student > > > "John" wrote: > > > Can anyone tell me a formula to get the difference between 2 dates in Months > > for the following example > &...

Can't remove "Visual Basic" toolbar & cannot add toolbars thru cus
Hi, I Can't remove the "Visual Basic" toolbar which has positioned itself right in the centre of the screen; it can't be removed or moved I also cannot add toolbars through the customise menu. Thanks. ...

Why has file size jumped in an Excel workbook?
I have an excel workbook that started as 148kB and is now 2.6MB, but the size increase is for no apparent reason, I'm not aware of doing anything other than forwarding it by email to a colleague. When I check one of the sheets it shows the last cell to be at row 27364 even though there is nothing beyond row 26, but I can't seem to clear the range. There are no spurious characters that I can see, what have I done? I had this happen when I accidentally applied a format change to the entire worksheet. Try selecting the entire worksheet, select edit/clear.../formats. Good luck,...

ToolBar
Hi, I would like to have text on right on my toolbar. But only at some items. Like IE. I tryed it, but I had the space for text on the right at all items. And the space was long as the longest lext. Can U advise me, where I can find how to do this? Thanks a lot. Robert Have you looked at example MFCIE in MSDN which shows how to use MFC to create IE. I think what you need is individual sizing of each of the buttons. This sample should show it. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Robert Camsky" <robertcamsky@atlas.cz> wrote in message news:OKuWLdf6DHA.226...

Enlarge QAT (Quick Action Toolbar) icons
I've looked for a way (& through this forum) to enlarge the icons in 'my' QAT, but this does not appear to be possible. Am I overlooking some tweak that can do this or is the size of those icons really fixed? Thanks in advance for your comments. To get bigger icons, I believe you will have to change the screen resolution in Windows. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "PLDV" <PLDV@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:63C6AAD4-5308-4183-B227-BFED12196793@microsoft.com... > I've looked for a way (& through this forum...

Buttons and View Names
How does one go about changing the labels on the navigation buttons, Go To listing, and action views (ie. I want to change Leads to Prospects or Sales Literature to Marketing)? Joe You can't. Really, the only way is to include JS in the mscrm files, and parse the menus at runtime. Mike "Joe" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:447f01c3e45a$81ec4340$a301280a@phx.gbl... > How does one go about changing the labels on the > navigation buttons, Go To listing, and action views (ie. > I want to change Leads to Prospects or Sales Literature...

Remove a third party (PDF) toolbar item from Outlook's Untitled message toolbar
How does one remove a third party (Adobe PDF) toolbar item from Outlook's Untitled message toolbar permanently. Where is this info stored? sounds like you have Adobe Acrobat installed. Why not simply un-install it. Hope this is useful to you. Let us know. rms SBCM wrote: > How does one remove a third party (Adobe PDF) toolbar item > from Outlook's Untitled message toolbar permanently. > Where is this info stored? ...

Message size differ for user(user of exchange 2003) with outlook 2003 and 2007
Hi, When we configure the user of exchange server 2003 in Outlook 2007. we observe that message size is different with Outlook 2003. example for exchange server user (testuser) when we configure that in Outlook 2003 for a mail it show size(824). when we configure the same user in Outlook 2007 for same mail it shows size 3429. if some have faced such problem. or know why its happening. similarly i observe same user is configured on outlook 2007 on different machine the mail size differs.so what does size indicate and what all the parameters it depends Any suggestion or pointer could be gre...

Add a refresh button to the Account Summary window
At present if you are working with the Account Summary window open in GL and make a posting to an account that has already been viewed and then try to view the data, the Final totals are updated and correct but the Period totals are not. I suggest a refresh button is added to the window to recalculate the Period figures when required so that all figures displayed by the window are correct. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the mess...

Drawing from Toolbar Crashes Excel 2008

conditional format (different colors needed)
Hi I have a golf spreadsheet. I want the par scores displayed in blue and the birdie scores displayed in red. eg on a par 4 hole any 3's would be in red, any 4's would be in blue thanks supermari -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Assume the set-up below is in cols A to C, data from row2 down Hole Par Score 1___3 2___4 3___4 etc (till Hole 18 ?) Col C (Score) is where you'd apply the conditional formatting (CF) Select C2:C19 Click Format > Conditional Formatting In the settings tab, make the settings as: For Condition 1 (For Score = Birdie*): Formula Is |...

MSCRM 4.0 ISV Custom buttons not visible in Contact Detail Toolbar
Hello, After enabline isv integration in 4.0, I can see in the Accounts detail level toolbar the sample isv buttons, but when I goto Contacts detail toolbar, none are visible. I just added a button to the detail level toolbar in CRM 4.0. It was added basically to the same place as my old 3.0 in the isv.config, but after adding it wasn't visible. I then went to the ReadyServer image from Microsoft, and noticed that the isv.config was not present! (isv.xsd was present and accounted for). Since I could see the isv buttons in the account entity detail toolbar, I added my custom butto...

Size of toolbar buttons
Hello All How can I set the different size to different button of toolbar ( Exactly like Internet Explorer..The Width of Back and forward buttons is different ) What is style to be set of toolbat to achieve this? You probably want TBSTYLE_AUTOSIZE to do this. Here is a complete example. You probably need to look only at LoadMenu part. It should give you what you want: http://www.microsoft.com/msj/0199/c/c0199.aspx -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Roland" <ajay.sonawane@gmail.com> wrote in message news:69c0226e.0410050313.f223e9@posting.google.com... > Hel...

Problem with adding toolbar items
I'm having an odd problem with the AddCommandToCmdBar function with GP 8.0 SP4 (haven't checked other versions). When I set the CloneCmd parameter to true, and create toolbar items for all users, it works fine. But when I set that parameter to false, it doesn't create toolbar items for any user, including the currently logged in one. When I check the toolbar item table in SQL (SY07125), I see that it added the items, but with a blank USERID. I have used the Login_GetInfo function to confirm that at the time we run our toolbar creation code, there is a logged in user. S...

FILE SIZES/CANNOT SAVE
Hi there ! I have an excel spreadsheet with 8 wsheets which worked perfectly , and was 180k in size. However , as I REMOVE wsheets the file size INCREASES! When I leave just 3 Wsheets , each EMPTY! , the file size has quadrupled to 750K ! .. and I am unable to save/overwrite it on a floppy ! Has anyone any ideas ? ... Many thanks .... Brian NEVER save to a floppy. SAVE and COPY to the floppy. Same thing on getting file FROM floppy. Copy to HD. Then open. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "BRIAN BARNARD" <brian.barnard80@ntlworld.com> wrote in ...

Button Code needed
Private Sub Command8_Click() tbOverdue.value = " ", "This Total is Overdue" End Sub If you click the Button you get Blank you click it again you get "This Total is Overdue" You click it again you get Blank Thanks for any Help.....Bob On Wed, 13 Jun 2007 17:08:19 +1200, "Bob V" <rjvance@ihug.co.nz> wrote: > > >Private Sub Command8_Click() >tbOverdue.value = " ", "This Total is Overdue" >End Sub > > If you click the Button you get Blank you click it again you get "This >Total is Overdue"...

Adding a button to the toolbar
I'm using Visio 2003 and frequently use the Visio Add-on (through Visio Extras) for numbering my objects. Instead of clicking through 3 submenus, I wish to put the "number shapes" Extra on my toolbar for easy access. Thank you! ...

Adding Button Images to Document
I am creating a "How to Manual" for my office, and I would like to have Copies of the buttons I am describing in the manual Does anyone out there know how I can insert those images into my document? Ex: To copy a cell click the Copy button (then show an image of the button) Thank you all for your help in advance Joni Hi, You could download 'John McLean's FaceID macro (http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/tips/faceidgrid.exe) that will put al FaceId's in an excel spreadsheet. Alternatively you could hit your Print Screen button, open Paint (o equivelant program) and press Ctr...

Missing Publish to GAL button
How can I install the "Publish to GAL" button under Microsoft Outlook 2000, Tools, Options, Security?? ...

Default toolbars and toolbar buttons seen instead of customization #2
Hi, I just got excel 2003. After I customize my toolbar close excel and then reopen the default toolbar reappears and my customization is lost. Any one know how to solve it? Hagai ...

How to disable or remove Save button.
Is it possible to disable the Save button automatically on the Exce toolbar only when a particular workbook is opened? I have problems with my forms being overwritten and formulas lost b users clicking on the Save button rather than using File/Save As. It doesn't seem to matter that the fields are locked and worksheets ar protected. It overwrites them anyways. Any suggestions? Jess -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi, I suggest you remove the commandbars menu and create menu items that you want. eg: print, close, SaveAs, etc.. regards Mark >-----Original Mes...

How to set up an alert for database size
We are running exchange 5.5. How can I have some sort of alert set up when the size of the database reaches a certain limit? Thanks. Mom 2005 is one way. "news.microsoft.com" <Xeon@donotemailme.com> wrote in message news:%23m0NJdwFFHA.2180@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > We are running exchange 5.5. How can I have some sort of alert set up > when > the size of the database reaches a certain limit? > > Thanks. > > "news.microsoft.com" <Xeon@donotemailme.com> wrote: >We are running exchange 5.5. How can I have some sort of alert s...

Dialog Window Size #2
I am using Visual Studio C++ 6.0 I would like my MFC app Dialog window to be a fixed pixel size. Lets say the screen resolution is required to be 1024x768 on the monitor the app is running on. I want my Main Dialog Window to be a fixed size of 1000x750. Can this be done? Are you saying you dont want it to be resizable? -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Ed" <eddie@hvc.rr.com> wrote in message news:m2J6g.6$923.5@trndny02... > I am using Visual Studio C++ 6.0 > I would like my MFC app Dialog window to be a fixed pixel size. > Lets say the screen resol...

Sizes (Mailboxes, Public Folder)
Hi! We deployed Exchnage 2003 Enterprise Edition on Windows 2003 AD (native mode). Can somebody give me exact information about the size limiting related to mailboxes and public folders: 1) What is the maximum size of an user mailbox? What ist the optimal size of it? 2) What is the max. size of a mailbox store? Optimal size? 3) What is the max. size of Public Folder store? 4) Can public folders have size limiting on each folder level? Thanks in advance. Cicek 1. There is no maximum mailbox size unless you define mailbox limits. The optimal size is also relative. I have a 1gb mailbox (...