To add a new entry into Database

can you assist me in adding a new entry into the database. I'm using MS
Access and ODBC driver and i'm getting error for the function
RecordSet::AddNew();
error: 'CRecordset::AddNew' : illegal call of non-static member
function.

Thank you in advance

regards

Jayanth

0
jynth.m (1)
12/21/2006 11:02:18 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

jayanth wrote:
> can you assist me in adding a new entry into the database. I'm using MS
> Access and ODBC driver and i'm getting error for the function
> RecordSet::AddNew();
> error: 'CRecordset::AddNew' : illegal call of non-static member
> function.
>
> Thank you in advance

This error is usually a sign that you do not understand the difference
between C++ classes and objects.  The error means that you are not
calling an object, you are trying to call a class.  If that is the case
you should review C++ language basics. You can also search for the
ENROLL example program in MSDN, which uses CRecordSet.

--
Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP]

0
Scott
12/21/2006 3:36:29 PM
Well, tht seems like a reasonable message.  You have probably done something wrong.  But
since you don't show the code, we would have a lot of trouble figuring out what you did
wrong.
				joe

On 21 Dec 2006 03:02:18 -0800, "jayanth" <jynth.m@gmail.com> wrote:

>can you assist me in adding a new entry into the database. I'm using MS
>Access and ODBC driver and i'm getting error for the function
>RecordSet::AddNew();
>error: 'CRecordset::AddNew' : illegal call of non-static member
>function.
>
>Thank you in advance
>
>regards
>
>Jayanth
Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
newcomer (15973)
12/21/2006 4:27:41 PM
Hey, see what happens in Vista... migrate to
http://www.faircom.com/.....
jayanth wrote:
> can you assist me in adding a new entry into the database. I'm using MS
> Access and ODBC driver and i'm getting error for the function
> RecordSet::AddNew();
> error: 'CRecordset::AddNew' : illegal call of non-static member
> function.
>
> Thank you in advance
>
> regards
>
> Jayanth