TimeZone

How can I react to an automatic (or manual, doesn't matter) system timezone
(or Daylight Savings) change? Do any of you know if a message is sent when
it happens?

In other words: If my app is running while the system automatically shifts
to summertime... how do I find out (without polling
GetTimeZoneInformation())?

Tim

0
thpetersen (10)
4/11/2005 11:20:26 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

You have to handle [WM_SETTINGCHANGE] Message for that

--

With Regards
Alok Gupta

                           "I Believe this will Help"

"Tim" <thpetersen@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> How can I react to an automatic (or manual, doesn't matter) system
timezone
> (or Daylight Savings) change? Do any of you know if a message is sent when
> it happens?
>
> In other words: If my app is running while the system automatically shifts
> to summertime... how do I find out (without polling
> GetTimeZoneInformation())?
>
> Tim

0
thatsalok1 (226)
4/11/2005 12:15:10 PM
"thatsalok" <thatsalok@NO_gmail.com_I_DONT_NEED_SPAM> wrote in message
> You have to handle [WM_SETTINGCHANGE] Message for that

Thanks.

I solved it by catching WM_TIMECHANGE, which is sent only when the system
time is changed. It works for the following scenarios:

- Manual change of the system time
- Manual change of the time zone
- Automatic change of the system time due to summer/winter-time

Tim

0
thpetersen (10)

xs:dateTime and timezone problems
Not sure if this is an xml or a ado.net question: I have created an xml document from a .net dataset which contains a DateTime column, however all the time elements are set to 00:00:00. example of xml created: <Date>2005-06-03T00:00:00.0000000+01:00</Date> I am based in the UK and my computer timezone is set to GMT (although the above data may have been created during DST). If I load this xml document back into a dataset and save the results into a sql table, I find that the time element remains zero (regardless of it being DST or not). If I change my computer timezone to Sydne...

TimeZones
Hi, I wish to get a list of Time Zones. I'm not sure if there is an MFC/API call for this. Currently I am enumerating all the items in the registry under: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Time Zones Under windows 9x it's a different key. So, there ought to be an API call. Second, the time zones are strings (other registry data seems meaningless to me). I wish to calculate the time zone using the offset compared to the local time zone. 1) How/Where do I find the Time Zone configured for the user (under time/date settings)? 2) How do I calculate the...

TimeZone
How can I react to an automatic (or manual, doesn't matter) system timezone (or Daylight Savings) change? Do any of you know if a message is sent when it happens? In other words: If my app is running while the system automatically shifts to summertime... how do I find out (without polling GetTimeZoneInformation())? Tim You have to handle [WM_SETTINGCHANGE] Message for that -- With Regards Alok Gupta Visit me at http://alok.bizhat.com "I Believe this will Help" "Tim" <thpetersen@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:425a5d7a$0$672...

wrong timezone
MS Money 2007 v 16.0.150.1303 WinXP Pro SP2 and all updates accept IE 7 Money prompted to download a software update on 1/23/07, I ran the update, rebooted, and now updating from my bank is very spotty at best. I succeed perhaps one time in five. The failure notice on the 'Review Update Results Screen' shows the time as 3 hours behind the current time. The computer shows the time correctly in the Systray. How can I reset the time zone setting that money seems to be using? Thanks! Microsoft had a system update that changed your time zone. Double click the time in the systra...

Changing Time To Different Timezones
Hello, I am a new user having just acquired excel 2007 and would appreciate any help. I have a column of dates along with time in CST. I live on the west coast and would like to have excel convert the time part of each entry to PST, or maybe jump to EST. How do I do this. The columns are in this format: 2/28/07 9:20 3/4/07 9:20 3/8/07 9:20 Going down the columns, the dates change but the time is constant with the example showing 9:20 am. It would be nice to have a selector button with the choice of 0 for CST -1 for MST -2 ...

TimeZones
When doing reports with CRM we have several users in different time zones (Central and Eastern). To add pain to injury some have daylight savings time and others don't. We've added custom date fields into CRM and are now reporting. Depending upon when the information is entered it shows on either the current day or the next day. These dates we need to report on the correct date. We know we have the SystemUserBase table that we can cross reference for time zone bias but is there a simple function that we can wrap a query in to automatically handle the offset? We're using a f...

Timezone
Hello, With one of my workers it automatially send the timezone with a mail. like the country settings u set in configuration screen. How can i get lost of this? TY ...

TimeZone Conversion
I need to convert the current date fetched from the loca machine and convert it to a date of another timezone. any body have readymade function. check SystemTimeToTzSpecificLocalTime -- cheers, Alok Gupta Blogs: http://wdevs.com/thatsalok "Krishna@VZ" <KrishnaVZ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D1EED8F7-ECBA-4F58-8F5A-27B81AFF397D@microsoft.com... > I need to convert the current date fetched from the loca machine and convert > it to a date of another timezone. any body have readymade function. I convert local to GMT, then GMT to the desired time zone...

Birthdays and Timezone
I shifted timezone (TZ2). everything's cool. when I shifted back to original timezone (TZ1), all birthdays have shifted to TZ2. 1. Why does this happen? (If this is a normal outlook behaviour, it would be hell for people like me who travel a lot.) 2. How do I prevent this from happening? 3. How do I know shift all birtydays back to original timezone? Thanks ...

Hotfix for Invites with incorrect Timezone
See the Blog article �Hotfix for Invites with incorrect Timezone� <http://blog.entourage.mvps.org/2007/07/hotfix_for_invites_with_incorr.html> This will impact you if you (Entourage user) are in a different time zone than your Exchange Server. -- Diane Ross, Microsoft Mac MVP Entourage Help Page <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/> One of the top five MS Entourage resources listed on the Entourage Blog. <http://blogs.msdn.com/entourage/> ...

Dates and timezones
I have an database with many datetime columns in many different entities. My application language has theoretically the facility to adjust the times based on the variation between the client locale and the server locale, but it's really buggy. Is there a feature I can use in SQL server 2005 which can apply the offset during insert update and select based on the database user log-in? (i.e. so that the dates are stored in GMT but as far as that database user is concerned they will be in USA(EST)?) I'm hoping that the application language will fix the bugs, allowing me t...

Can somebody tell me how to set timezone in crm through sdk?
I can not find a method to do this in sdk. Could somebody tell me about that? Any idea is appreciated! Thanks very much! ...

Exchange and timezones
Here is an interesting problem for you. Using exchange 2003. We have remote users in the US, server is in the UK. Has anybody ever had to get round the timezone problem? When posting a callendar event, it is always in the servers timezone. The remote users are getting very confused. Do you know of anyway to set each users timezone manually? Preferably without and 3rd party software. Si In outlook: Tools|Options|Preferences Tab|Calendar Options|Time Zone In OWA: Options|Date and Time Formats|Current Time Zone. hth Eric "Si" <a@a.com> wrote in message news:%23BGrXwVIEHA....

DateTime, serialized xml and timezones
Hi, Please bear with me on this problem, first I'll give you some background: I have an object that contains a DateTime field which i pass to a webservice public class Foo { public DateTime RequestDate; } public class FooWebService : System.Web.Services.WebService { [WebMethod] public void FooWebMethod(Foo value) { // Do something } } On a client app i can then consume this webserivce like this: localhost.Foo f = new localhost.Foo(); f.RequestDate = DateTime.Parse("27/5/2003"); localhost.FooWebService service = new localhost.FooWebService(); service....

Timezone modifications
If you are sitting in the pacific time zone and have logged into a data server in the eastern time zone, how can you make your computer read the time zone time stamps of the data when it was created in the eastern time zone? basically if you log into a database in a different time zone, your excel query bring back data with a time stamp aligned with the timestamp of your computer and not the timestamp of the computer where the data resides.This is important because the moment the data is generated it is given a timestamp inthe time zone it was generated in. Your query in the pacific time zone ...

Incident CreatedOn in Workflowmanager / TimeZone
I have a workflow sending out a message to an e-mailaddress. In Workflowmanager I inserted the slug: Incident (or case).Created On. The workflow fires, all fine, in CRM it all looks good, but the e-mail the workflowmanager send to comes out like this: 29-06-2007 07:16 (GMT-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada); Tijuana While it should say something more like: 29-06-2007 16:40 (GMT+01:00) Amsterdam, Berlin, or something similar. How can I solve this? Thanks M.M.B, Sounds like you have a default install of windows with the default time zone. You can change the time zone by double clic...

Timezone Issues
We have users in both the Central and Eastern Timezones which I can't think it an unusual situation. The problem is that date fields set in the eastern timezone appear a day earlier when looked at in the Central Timezone. For example 10/25 will appear 10/24. How can this be corrected? Thanks! This is default behaviour as I know, can you please check settings >> orgnaization setting >> System Settings >> Time zone for date and time. -- Regards, Imran MS CRM Certified Professional http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com Chat with me on MSN / Gmail / Skype : ID...

DST Exchange Tool : getting : 0X80004005 : Unable to find mailbox timezone error
Hi Running the tool for users on an Exchange 5.5 server, getting a lot of users with error : 0X80004005 : Unable to find mailbox timezone error... We know that these users have logged in outlook before, but don't use OWA in this org. Can anyone help... Have several thousand users to get trough... Thanks !!! -- If you know their time zone, just copy then to mailboxes_1.txt. Add server name and time zone. Use Excel fill down function, then save it as mailboxes_1.txt, run the batch file. On Sat, 24 Feb 2007 23:29:44 -0500, "Thinkpad21" <thinkpad21@yahoo.com> wrote:...

Timezone in CRM
Hi, In the Options of user settings, the times available in "Set Personal Options/Set the time zone you are in" has no "GMT+12:00 Auckland, Wellington", which is the time zone we are in. Does anyone have any explanations why this is happening? Thanks in advance. Tony Tony, There is an update to add the missing time zone see KB 837059, download available from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=49cb1317-4d56-46fa-a7aa-a31dcc7458c7&DisplayLang=en Regards, Mark "Tony" <Tony@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CA7D9...

TimeZone Error
Anyone See this error ? 17:00:51| Info| Upgrading offline filters 17:00:52| Info| Upgrading system users 17:00:52| Error| Install exception.System.Exception: Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.InstallDatabaseAction failed. ---> System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for "Microsoft.Crm.Scheduling.WindowsTimeZone" threw an exception. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at Microsoft.Crm...

Timezone and format
Hello, The CRM application shows all the time as per the current zone. But the database stores the date and time with a different zone. For eg., 06/26/2004 and 11:00 AM for an activity due is stored in the database as 2004-06-26T18:00:00Z for the scheduled start value. Due to this my post callout also doesn't give correct time. Any help will be useful. Regards, Venkat I believe the database stores all times in Time Zone Zulu (the Z at the end of the DTG in your example), which is GMT. This standardizes time throughout the system, while enabling an user to translate GMT into hi...

Msextmzcfg.exe Error
Hi there, I was trying to run the Msextmzcfg.exe file on a machine to update the time zones on my Exchange Server 2003. I specified the server and the default outlook profile but I keep getting the error below: HrProcessMailboxTable:Unable find mailbox timezone:Error 0x80004005. This error occurs for almost each mailbox. I have checked the permissions and I do have the Exchange View-Only Admin and the Local administrator permissions as required. Any idea would be greatly appreciated. Ross On Mar 6, 11:13 pm, "Ross" <nos...@ross.com> wrote: > Hi there, > I was t...

Missing timezone
Anyone know what happened to GMT +12? +11 or +13 aren't really suitable for New Zealand. CRM v1.2.3297.0 'Set Personal Options' page 'Miscellaneous' tab 'Time Zone' drop-down list ...

Strange error related to timezones
Hello, I run into strange error today. Started to edit entity attributes and found this error RequestUrl: http://crm/Tools/SystemCustomization/Attributes/manageAttribute.aspx?attributeId={68df72b4-ab7b-4c2d-bdd8-ba38985c9cad} The type initializer for "Microsoft.Crm.Scheduling.WindowsTimeZone" threw an exception. at Microsoft.Crm.Scheduling.WindowsTimeZone.GetTimeZone(String localizedStandardName) at Microsoft.Crm.Web.Tools.SystemCustomization.Attributes.AttributeInfo.GetServerTimeZoneCode() at Microsoft.Crm.Web.Tools.SystemCustomization.Attributes.AttributeInfo..ctor(AttributeMeta...

Timezone ignored in GetLocalTime?
Hi, I developed a program which reads the system time using GetLocalTime and displays it. As far as I understand it, the time should always correspond with the time which is displayed in the taskbar. At least this is the behavior I get on most machines. I got one XP machine, however, where GetLocalTime always seems to read GMT, regardless of the timezone-setting. Any ideas? The code I use is as follows: SYSTEMTIME st; TCHAR szDate[32]; GetLocalTime (&st); GetDateFormat(LOCALE_USER_DEFAULT, DATE_SHORTDATE, &st, NULL, szDate, NUM_ELEMENTS(szDate)); Thanks, Sparhawk Are...