Throw Exception from a dll

Hi, I have got a problem then throwing exception from a
dll and catch it in the exe.
It is work to catch the object but then it leave the
catch area and the object it being destroyed the program
crach. What I have understood is that a dll and exe have
different heaps and that is the problem.

Can someone help me? How can a throw exception from a dll
to the exe?

/Mats

0
gnms71 (1)
11/5/2003 8:47:55 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Most likely you are using static linking in one or both of the components. Do not use
static linking. Then you will have one heap.
				joe
On Wed, 5 Nov 2003 00:47:55 -0800, <gnms71@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Hi, I have got a problem then throwing exception from a
>dll and catch it in the exe.
>It is work to catch the object but then it leave the
>catch area and the object it being destroyed the program
>crach. What I have understood is that a dll and exe have
>different heaps and that is the problem.
>
>Can someone help me? How can a throw exception from a dll
>to the exe?
>
>/Mats

Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
newcomer (15972)

Missing Dll
I am unsure of the exact name it looks like misisam 10.dll money won't run because it is missing. Anyone know what it is and how I can get it?? ...

Update on client side throws exception
Hi all, I'm updating a SQL Server 2008 database table using SqlDataAdapter/DataSets and Visual Studio C# on the client side. TARGET TABLE TO UPDATE: T_Order FIELDS: TAXOR [nvarchar] (255) NULL, TAXPARTSIZE [nvarchar] (255) NULL TAXSBO [nvarchar] (255) NULL TAXGRP [nvarchar] (255) NULL TAXSBGRP [nvarchar] (255) NULL SOURCE TABLE: ConusSolLyr FIELDS: TAXOR [nvarchar] (255) NULL, TAXPARTSIZE [nvarchar] (255) NULL TAXSBO [nvarchar] (255) NULL TAXGRP [nvarchar] (255)...

cannot save word file except tmp
I opened a word file I already worked before and updated and saved it - it is normal so far. After keeping working for a while, when I tried to save it, I got a message saying I cannot save it. The existing file name, while it is still open and i am working now, is suddenly changed to "xxxx.tmp". I had to save as with other name. I used MS Word 2007 Enterprise and worked under 2007 Office Groove. Any comments are welcome. Thanks, ...

Join to get "exception" records
I have two queries Q1 and Q2 which have a common ID field. I want to get the records of Q1 except those where the ID exists in Q2. Is there a way to do this? TIA The Query wizard includes an "unmatched query" that will do what you are asking for. -- Hope that helps! RBear3 .. <john@john.com> wrote in message news:46310F54.2030007@john.com... >I have two queries Q1 and Q2 which have a common ID field. > I want to get the records of Q1 except those where the ID > exists in Q2. > > Is there a way to do this? > > TIA Cool! Thank you! RBear3 wrote:...

DispatchMessageW Exception
Our application is built by VS2005 in Visual Basic and run under dotnet framework 2.0. In the past few months, the application will abort randemly with the exception caught before and message "Faulting application hxmain.exe, version 2.0.3707.19991, stamp 4b849822, faulting module msvcr80.dll, version 8.0.50727.1433, stamp 471eb5ae, debug? 0, fault address 0x0001500a." reported in eventlog. The stack trace can't tell us where the application abort Exception Source: System.Windows.Forms Exception Type: System.AccessViolationException Exception Message:...

ValidationEventArgs.Exception.SourceSchemaObject always null!
Here's my problem: I'm validating a XML file that I generate vs a static schema file, and am trying to get all the validation errors into a format that can be understood by a non-technical user. So I'm registering a ValidationEventHandler with the XmlValidatingReader's delegate, and can get the ValidationEventArgs just fine. Great. Problem is that I need to get the specific element out of the ValidationEventArgs.Exception object so that I can translate what the problem is into plain english for my non-technical users. But the ValidationEventArgs.Exception.SourceSchemaOb...

CString.ReverseFind() and throw
in the help of CString.ReverseFind(), it says int ReverseFind( XCHAR ch ) const throw(); what is this throw? if it is throwing an exception, how to catch it? thanks. WJ On Mon, 9 Jul 2007 14:48:02 -0700, WJ <WJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >in the help of CString.ReverseFind(), it says > >int ReverseFind( > XCHAR ch >) const throw(); > >what is this throw? if it is throwing an exception, how to catch it? thanks. > >WJ See: Exception Specifications http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/wfa0edys(VS.80).aspx -- Doug Harrison Visual C++ MVP...

Create CDHtmlDialog in statically linked MFC DLL failed
Hi, My project need use a exe(statically linked MFC) load a dll(staticall linked MFC), and create a CDHtmlDialog in the dll. I add a CDHtmlDialog to the DLL, "class DHtmlDialogTest : publi CDHtmlDialog" and create dialog at DLL's export function, "DHtmlDialogTest.Create(IDD_DHtmlDialogTest CWnd::GetDesktopWindow());" But when excute DHtmlDialogTest.Create(IDD_DHtmlDialogTest CWnd::GetDesktopWindow()); then it'll enter "dlgdhtml.cpp"'s functio "CDHtmlDialog::OnInitDialog()" at following code inside "CDHtmlDialog::OnInitDialog()"...

Should unimplmented pure function throw a compile error?
It's been a while since I have written anything with abstract classes. If I derive a class from my abstract class and do not implement a pure virtual function of the base class in the derived class, shouldn't the compiler throw an error? -- Bruce E. Stemplewski GarXface OCX and C++ Class Library for the Garmin GPS www.stempsoft.com yes, if you try to instantiate the class in your code it should. "Bruce E. Stemplewski " <BruceStemplewski@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:uaGJZhYCFHA.3732@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > It's been a while since I have written anyt...

LINQ Except function
In the following function, when the two xml strings passed in are identical, I get all of the "File" nodes from docRight. I was expecting zero file nodes. I must be using Except() wrong -- can anyone see what I'm doing wrong? public static string FindUniqueOnRight(string xmlLeft, string xmlRight) { XDocument docLeft = XDocument.Parse(xmlLeft); XDocument docRight = XDocument.Parse(xmlRight); var docAddFromRight = from r in docRight.Descendants ("File").Except( from l in docLeft.Descen...

msvcp71.dll ?
Hi Experts: Is msvcp71.dll included in any service pack? or do I have to distribute it to the user? Thanks in advance ! Polaris Polaris <etpolaris@hotmail.com> wrote: > Is msvcp71.dll included in any service pack? or do I have to > distribute it to the user? See KB Article KB326922 "INFO: Redistribution of the Shared C Runtime Component in Visual C++ .NET". While it talks about msvcr71.dll, it applies equally to msvcp71.dll. -- With best wishes, Igor Tandetnik With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not necessarily a good idea. It is ...

Dll function....undeclared identifier
I am trying to call dll function for my project but whenever i call that function i got error..."undeclared identifier" I have include dlll header file in .cpp file where i am calling that function....how to solve this Is that function/class exported from that DLL? You can use Depends.exe and load that DLL to see what all is exported. Most likely thats the case. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "priyanka" <priyanka.surjan@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1163731385.312638.80190@b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > I am trying to call dll function ...

Formula throwing up an error
Can anyone tell me why I should be getting an error. Range("L10:L7800").FormulaArray = "=IF(SUM(--('A Use'!A$1:A$10000&'A Use'!C$1:C$10000=B10&"G house")),"G house","")" B10 by the way is a relative reference. Thank you for your time. Look at where your double quotes are located; each set surrounds something that Excel will treat as a single string. Also, you will need a "&" between each string or variable. "=IF(SUM(--('A Use'!A$1:A$10000&'A Use'!C$1:C$10000=B1...

Rules exception
Here's a strange one: I have a client who is part of a larger organzation. They're constantly getting e-mails from "HQDA Exchange Administrator" that the larger organization is sending around to everyone. My users want to simply ignore these e-mails as they rarely have anything to do with us. I wrote up instructions for using the Rules Wizard to automatically delete the e-mails if "Exchange Administrator" is found in the senders from address. But, for some reason, the rule simply will not delete the e-mails. It will work with any other user name but seems to r...

Not receiving email minet32.dll error
Running Outlook97 in Windows ME. Not receiving email. Error messsage: MAPISP32 caused an error in MINET32.DLL MAPISP will now close. Tried replacing MINET32.DLL - no luck, same error message. Tried replacing MAPISP32 and re-installing Outlook 97. Still no luck, same error message. Suggestions? ...

MFG unhandled script exception error
When I was doing a Reverse Issue on the Manufacturing Component Transaction Entry window I received the following error when I posted: "Unhandled Script Exception: illegal address for field 'End Item Number' in script 'MOP_Reconcile'. Script Terminated". The transaction posted successfully, but I am wondering what caused the error. Does anyone know what this error means? Thanks for your help, Jocelyn ...

Cannot find analys32.dll
I am running one of the training programs for XML on the MS web. When down loading one of the training files I get the follow error: "Cannot find analys32.xll. Run setup to install ToolPak." The url of the training is http://office.microsoft.com/training/training.aspx?AssetID=RP011304671033&CTT=6&Origin=RP011304921033 ToolPak is installed and analys32.xll resides on my computer. I have uninstalled and reinstalled TookPak, ran Repair from setup on the CD and uninstalled and reinstalled Excel all to no avail. I need to complete the XML training ASAP so that I can...

help with a DLL open file problem!!!
I use MFC to build an COM and it used stdio file to open and write to a file, howeever, it used to run OK on all machines, now we put it on one clinet's machine, the problem is: it can't return the file. I make the code as simple as CStdioFile file; if (file.Open(_T("C:\\DLL.log"), CFile::typeText|CFile::modeCreate|CFile::modeWrite|CFile::modeNoTruncate)) { file.SeekToEnd(); file.WriteString("Before registration!"); file.WriteString("\n"); file.Close(); } *nRes=1; return S_OK; This to test, but the function doesn't return anything. Anyone can he...

AfxOleInit throws an exception
Hi, I am doing a project for Unicode complaiance. The project setting are changed to _UNICODE. The application works fine in Debug mode. But when the configuration is changed to Release 'AfxOleInit' throws an exception. Any idea why this could happen ? Regards, ND Catch the exception and see what it says. try { AfxOleInit(); } catch (CException *pExp) { char Buffer[255]; pExp->GetErrorMessage(Buffer,255,NULL); MessageBox(Buffer); } AliR. "ND" <ND@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:615E05E3-CC6F-4A40-B18B-0D4233AC32CC@microsoft....

Throwing two dice and print out the total of each throw
in the days of line numbers i build a short programme to simulate the throwing of two dice with a screen print out the number of times, a particular number randomly came up . My question is can this run using Access VB ? Any constructive advise would be most welcome . The old code is as follows: REM THROWING 2 DICE CLS INPUT "How many Throws", N Dim A(12) FOR M = 1 TO 12 A(M) = 0 Next M FOR T = 1 TO N X = int(6 * rnd (1)) + 1 Y = int(6 * rnd (1)) + 1 Z = X + Y A (Z) = A(Z)+1 NEXT T CLS PRINT TAB(5); "Total" ; TAB(25); " Frequency" PRINT...

Sum (throw out highest and lowest)
I am working on a contest scoring sheet for the California State Old Time fiddlers Association and it is contest policy to throw out the highest score and the lowest score and add the remaining middle (3) judges scores. (There are generally 5 judges - don't think there would ever be more than that.) The total of the middle three is used for future ranking points added to future scores, so "average" won't work in this application. Right now we are working this out manually - sure woudl be sweet to be able to have a formula that works it out for us. Thanks for any help. ...

MFC dialog dll problem
Hi Group I have put all dialogs that my app uses in a dll. This dialog dll is used by several apps. The problem is that when ever i add new dialog item inside the dll. i have to recompile all my app with the dll's lib file. Altough the app never uses the new dialog that i have just added into the dll. If i dont do this the app crashes when ever it tries to load one of the dialogs from the dll. How to get over this . Regards That is expected behavior when you use implicit linking. Your exe module needs import library to compile. Anytime you change a library code you have to rebu...

Addnew throwing error 3027
In one sub I am trying to add a record to to "Abstracts" table. Records in the abstracts table are related to the States and counties tables. So I open a recordset with joins. I have tried several times after checking everything out and cannot find any reason why the recordset should be read only. I have also checked for a lock file (as suggested in another post). The code: Private Sub cmdSave_Click() Dim strSQL As String Dim rs As DAO.Recordset Dim db As DAO.Database If blnCheckFields Then 'save new abstract Set db = CurrentDb() ...

XML Serialization of the Exception Class
I am attempting the following: XmlSerializer ser = new XmlSerializer(typeof(Exception)); I receive the following error: Message: There was an error reflecting type 'System.Exception'. Message: The property 'TargetSite' on type 'System.Exception' cannot be serialized because it is decorated with declarative security permission attributes. Consider using imperative asserts or demands in the property accessors. If I had ANY IDEA in the WORLD what this message is trying to tell me I would try to do something about this. Can anyone help me? Thanks In Advance d...

If my System.IO.StreamWriter Write method throws "The specified network name is no longer available." and I try to Dispose or Close it in the finaly clause the close or dispose method just throws "The
If my System.IO.StreamWriter Write method throws "The specified network name is no longer available." and I try to Dispose or Close it in the finaly clause the close or dispose method just throws "The specified network name is no longer available." again. how to clean this up? after this the stream writer is stuck connected until i restart my process. ...