the menu bar is hidden under the title bar in a frame window generated from a dll ...

Hi,

A very simple frame window generated from a dll of mine always has its menu
bar hidden under the title bar.  I have to click on the title bar to make
the menu items show up.    The following code that generates the frame
window is actually copied from a small test program to the dll.  In the test
program, the code works just fine.  So what makes the difference?  I suspect
IDR_MENU_TEST is only partially successfully loaded in the dll.   Any reason
for it?  Pleave provide me any clue and hint.  Your help is much
appreciated.  (I am using VS 2005)

C2DGraphDoc *pDoc = new C2DGraphDoc;
C2DGraphFrame * pFrame = new C2DGraphFrame();

CCreateContext context;
context.m_pNewViewClass = RUNTIME_CLASS( C2DGraphView );
context.m_pCurrentDoc = pDoc;

BOOL bRes = pFrame->LoadFrame(IDR_MENU_TEST,
 WS_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW | FWS_ADDTOTITLE, NULL, &context);

pFrame->SetWindowText( _T("TEST") );
pFrame->ShowWindow(SW_SHOW);

JD

0
jdt_young (239)
5/14/2007 10:48:02 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

This doesnt make a whole lot of sense. Is your code custom drawing the menu
bar itself? Also, are you doing some painting in the non-client area of the
mainframe window?

--
Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++]
ajaykalra@yahoo.com

"JD Young" <jdt_young@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> A very simple frame window generated from a dll of mine always has its
menu
> bar hidden under the title bar.  I have to click on the title bar to make
> the menu items show up.    The following code that generates the frame
> window is actually copied from a small test program to the dll.  In the
test
> program, the code works just fine.  So what makes the difference?  I
suspect
> IDR_MENU_TEST is only partially successfully loaded in the dll.   Any
reason
> for it?  Pleave provide me any clue and hint.  Your help is much
> appreciated.  (I am using VS 2005)
>
> C2DGraphDoc *pDoc = new C2DGraphDoc;
> C2DGraphFrame * pFrame = new C2DGraphFrame();
>
> CCreateContext context;
> context.m_pNewViewClass = RUNTIME_CLASS( C2DGraphView );
> context.m_pCurrentDoc = pDoc;
>
> BOOL bRes = pFrame->LoadFrame(IDR_MENU_TEST,
>  WS_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW | FWS_ADDTOTITLE, NULL, &context);
>
> pFrame->SetWindowText( _T("TEST") );
> pFrame->ShowWindow(SW_SHOW);
>
> JD

0
ajaykalra (6842)
5/15/2007 1:02:35 AM
Hi Ajay,

I didn't do the two things you mentioned.  That's why I am confused too.
It's supposed to be very simple.  In the test program, it works just fine.
I copy the 3 sets of files (frame, view, and doc) to the dll.  Then the
problem shows up.  The only difference is the menu resource id.  I also try
to directly create the three sets of files in the dll through the class
wizard. The same problem still shows up.  I am totally stuck now.   Could it
be the dll, which was created in VC++ 6.0 long time ago?  This dll exposes a
function, from which I generate the frame window.  After it works, I will
embed an active-X control in the client view area.

JD

> This doesnt make a whole lot of sense. Is your code custom drawing the
> menu
> bar itself? Also, are you doing some painting in the non-client area of
> the
> mainframe window?
>
> --
> Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++]
> ajaykalra@yahoo.com
>

> "JD Young" <jdt_young@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> A very simple frame window generated from a dll of mine always has its
> menu
>> bar hidden under the title bar.  I have to click on the title bar to make
>> the menu items show up.    The following code that generates the frame
>> window is actually copied from a small test program to the dll.  In the
> test
>> program, the code works just fine.  So what makes the difference?  I
> suspect
>> IDR_MENU_TEST is only partially successfully loaded in the dll.   Any
> reason
>> for it?  Pleave provide me any clue and hint.  Your help is much
>> appreciated.  (I am using VS 2005)
>>
>> C2DGraphDoc *pDoc = new C2DGraphDoc;
>> C2DGraphFrame * pFrame = new C2DGraphFrame();
>>
>> CCreateContext context;
>> context.m_pNewViewClass = RUNTIME_CLASS( C2DGraphView );
>> context.m_pCurrentDoc = pDoc;
>>
>> BOOL bRes = pFrame->LoadFrame(IDR_MENU_TEST,
>>  WS_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW | FWS_ADDTOTITLE, NULL, &context);
>>
>> pFrame->SetWindowText( _T("TEST") );
>> pFrame->ShowWindow(SW_SHOW);
>>
>> JD

0
jdt_young (239)
5/15/2007 1:20:06 AM

> Hi Ajay,
>
> I didn't do the two things you mentioned.  That's why I am confused too.
> It's supposed to be very simple.  In the test program, it works just fine.
> I copy the 3 sets of files (frame, view, and doc) to the dll.  Then the
> problem shows up.  The only difference is the menu resource id.  I also
try
> to directly create the three sets of files in the dll through the class
> wizard. The same problem still shows up.  I am totally stuck now.   Could
it
> be the dll, which was created in VC++ 6.0 long time ago?  This dll exposes
> function, from which I generate the frame window.  After it works, I will
> embed an active-X control in the client view area.

It shouldnt matter if the control was developed with VC6.  What I think may
be happening is that the control is drawing over the menu. You can use Spy++
and see the window covering the menu.

--
Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++]
ajaykalra@yahoo.com

0
ajaykalra (6842)
5/15/2007 2:56:05 AM
Have you tried calling RecalcLayout(true) after setting up the frame?

Tom

> Hi,
>
> A very simple frame window generated from a dll of mine always has its
> menu bar hidden under the title bar.  I have to click on the title bar to
> make the menu items show up.    The following code that generates the
> frame window is actually copied from a small test program to the dll.  In
> the test program, the code works just fine.  So what makes the difference?
> I suspect IDR_MENU_TEST is only partially successfully loaded in the dll.
> Any reason for it?  Pleave provide me any clue and hint.  Your help is
> much appreciated.  (I am using VS 2005)
>
> C2DGraphDoc *pDoc = new C2DGraphDoc;
> C2DGraphFrame * pFrame = new C2DGraphFrame();
>
> CCreateContext context;
> context.m_pNewViewClass = RUNTIME_CLASS( C2DGraphView );
> context.m_pCurrentDoc = pDoc;
>
> BOOL bRes = pFrame->LoadFrame(IDR_MENU_TEST,
> WS_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW | FWS_ADDTOTITLE, NULL, &context);
>
> pFrame->SetWindowText( _T("TEST") );
> pFrame->ShowWindow(SW_SHOW);
>
> JD

0
tom.nospam (3240)
5/15/2007 2:15:47 PM
Tom,

I tried to call RecalcLayout(true) twice, one after LoadFrame() and the
other after ShowWindow() but nothing is improved.  Are they the correct
locations I should call RecalcLayout(true)?

Thanks.
JD

"Tom Serface" <tom.nospam@camaswood.com> wrote in message
> Have you tried calling RecalcLayout(true) after setting up the frame?
>
> Tom
>
> "JD Young" <jdt_young@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> A very simple frame window generated from a dll of mine always has its
>> menu bar hidden under the title bar.  I have to click on the title bar to
>> make the menu items show up.    The following code that generates the
>> frame window is actually copied from a small test program to the dll.  In
>> the test program, the code works just fine.  So what makes the
>> difference? I suspect IDR_MENU_TEST is only partially successfully loaded
>> in the dll. Any reason for it?  Pleave provide me any clue and hint.
>> Your help is much appreciated.  (I am using VS 2005)
>>
>> C2DGraphDoc *pDoc = new C2DGraphDoc;
>> C2DGraphFrame * pFrame = new C2DGraphFrame();
>>
>> CCreateContext context;
>> context.m_pNewViewClass = RUNTIME_CLASS( C2DGraphView );
>> context.m_pCurrentDoc = pDoc;
>>
>> BOOL bRes = pFrame->LoadFrame(IDR_MENU_TEST,
>> WS_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW | FWS_ADDTOTITLE, NULL, &context);
>>
>> pFrame->SetWindowText( _T("TEST") );
>> pFrame->ShowWindow(SW_SHOW);
>>
>> JD

0
jdt_young (239)
5/15/2007 8:22:47 PM
Hi Ajay,

I haven't integrated the control yet so the control is not the problem.  I
simply created the 3 set of files (view, doc, frame) through the class
wizard.  Without any modification of them,  I call LoadFrame() to create the
window.

The window is created in a function of a dll.  The function is declared as
shown below:
extern "C" CLASS_DECL_GRAPH CFrameWnd* PlotGraph(...)

Do you think the declaration can cause the problem?  The function has been
there for many years and hence carry the C style declaration.

Thanks.
JD

> "JD Young" <jdt_young@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> Hi Ajay,
>>
>> I didn't do the two things you mentioned.  That's why I am confused too.
>> It's supposed to be very simple.  In the test program, it works just
>> fine.
>> I copy the 3 sets of files (frame, view, and doc) to the dll.  Then the
>> problem shows up.  The only difference is the menu resource id.  I also
> try
>> to directly create the three sets of files in the dll through the class
>> wizard. The same problem still shows up.  I am totally stuck now.   Could
> it
>> be the dll, which was created in VC++ 6.0 long time ago?  This dll
>> exposes
>> function, from which I generate the frame window.  After it works, I will
>> embed an active-X control in the client view area.
>
> It shouldnt matter if the control was developed with VC6.  What I think
> may
> be happening is that the control is drawing over the menu. You can use
> Spy++
> and see the window covering the menu.
>
> --
> Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++]
> ajaykalra@yahoo.com

0
jdt_young (239)
5/15/2007 8:32:58 PM
Recalclayout will do nothing to non-client area, where menu is. On other
hand, all CControlBar's sit in the client area. Are you sure you are not
talking about the CControlbars in the frame?

--

> Tom,
>
> I tried to call RecalcLayout(true) twice, one after LoadFrame() and the
> other after ShowWindow() but nothing is improved.  Are they the correct
> locations I should call RecalcLayout(true)?
>
> Thanks.
> JD
>
> "Tom Serface" <tom.nospam@camaswood.com> wrote in message
> > Have you tried calling RecalcLayout(true) after setting up the frame?
> >
> > Tom
> >
> > "JD Young" <jdt_young@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> A very simple frame window generated from a dll of mine always has its
> >> menu bar hidden under the title bar.  I have to click on the title bar
> >> make the menu items show up.    The following code that generates the
> >> frame window is actually copied from a small test program to the dll.
In
> >> the test program, the code works just fine.  So what makes the
> >> difference? I suspect IDR_MENU_TEST is only partially successfully
loaded
> >> in the dll. Any reason for it?  Pleave provide me any clue and hint.
> >> Your help is much appreciated.  (I am using VS 2005)
> >>
> >> C2DGraphDoc *pDoc = new C2DGraphDoc;
> >> C2DGraphFrame * pFrame = new C2DGraphFrame();
> >>
> >> CCreateContext context;
> >> context.m_pNewViewClass = RUNTIME_CLASS( C2DGraphView );
> >> context.m_pCurrentDoc = pDoc;
> >>
> >> BOOL bRes = pFrame->LoadFrame(IDR_MENU_TEST,
> >> WS_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW | FWS_ADDTOTITLE, NULL, &context);
> >>
> >> pFrame->SetWindowText( _T("TEST") );
> >> pFrame->ShowWindow(SW_SHOW);
> >>
> >> JD

0
ajaykalra (6842)
5/15/2007 11:51:21 PM
> I haven't integrated the control yet so the control is not the problem.  I
> simply created the 3 set of files (view, doc, frame) through the class
> wizard.  Without any modification of them,  I call LoadFrame() to create
the
> window.
>
> The window is created in a function of a dll.  The function is declared as
> shown below:
> extern "C" CLASS_DECL_GRAPH CFrameWnd* PlotGraph(...)
>
> Do you think the declaration can cause the problem?  The function has been
> there for many years and hence carry the C style declaration.

This alone or the fact you have this in a DLL have no impact on this. You
have some window/control overlapping your menu. Use Spy++ as I had mentioned
to see what you got there.

--
Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++]
ajaykalra@yahoo.com

> Thanks.
> JD
>
> "Ajay Kalra" <ajaykalra@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> >

> > "JD Young" <jdt_young@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> >> Hi Ajay,
> >>
> >> I didn't do the two things you mentioned.  That's why I am confused
too.
> >> It's supposed to be very simple.  In the test program, it works just
> >> fine.
> >> I copy the 3 sets of files (frame, view, and doc) to the dll.  Then the
> >> problem shows up.  The only difference is the menu resource id.  I also
> > try
> >> to directly create the three sets of files in the dll through the class
> >> wizard. The same problem still shows up.  I am totally stuck now.
Could
> > it
> >> be the dll, which was created in VC++ 6.0 long time ago?  This dll
> >> exposes
> >> function, from which I generate the frame window.  After it works, I
will
> >> embed an active-X control in the client view area.
> >
> > It shouldnt matter if the control was developed with VC6.  What I think
> > may
> > be happening is that the control is drawing over the menu. You can use
> > Spy++
> > and see the window covering the menu.
> >
> > --
> > Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++]
> > ajaykalra@yahoo.com

0
ajaykalra (6842)
5/15/2007 11:53:04 PM
Hi Ajay,

I am sure that I didn't use CControlBar.  They are just files generated from
the class wizard without any modification.  Besides, I search the project
for CControlBar.  Nothing is found.

Thanks.
JD

> Recalclayout will do nothing to non-client area, where menu is. On other
> hand, all CControlBar's sit in the client area. Are you sure you are not
> talking about the CControlbars in the frame?
>
> --
> Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++]
> ajaykalra@yahoo.com
>

> "JD Young" <jdt_young@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> Tom,
>>
>> I tried to call RecalcLayout(true) twice, one after LoadFrame() and the
>> other after ShowWindow() but nothing is improved.  Are they the correct
>> locations I should call RecalcLayout(true)?
>>
>> Thanks.
>> JD
>>
>> "Tom Serface" <tom.nospam@camaswood.com> wrote in message
>> > Have you tried calling RecalcLayout(true) after setting up the frame?
>> >
>> > Tom
>> >
>> > "JD Young" <jdt_young@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> In
> loaded

0
jdt_young (239)
5/16/2007 1:08:54 AM
Couldn't DrawMenuBar help?

Victor

"JD Young" <jdt_young@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> A very simple frame window generated from a dll of mine always has its
> menu bar hidden under the title bar.  I have to click on the title bar to
> make the menu items show up.    The following code that generates the
> frame window is actually copied from a small test program to the dll.  In
> the test program, the code works just fine.  So what makes the difference?
> I suspect IDR_MENU_TEST is only partially successfully loaded in the dll.
> Any reason for it?  Pleave provide me any clue and hint.  Your help is
> much appreciated.  (I am using VS 2005)
>
> C2DGraphDoc *pDoc = new C2DGraphDoc;
> C2DGraphFrame * pFrame = new C2DGraphFrame();
>
> CCreateContext context;
> context.m_pNewViewClass = RUNTIME_CLASS( C2DGraphView );
> context.m_pCurrentDoc = pDoc;
>
> BOOL bRes = pFrame->LoadFrame(IDR_MENU_TEST,
> WS_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW | FWS_ADDTOTITLE, NULL, &context);
>
> pFrame->SetWindowText( _T("TEST") );
> pFrame->ShowWindow(SW_SHOW);
>
> JD

Hi Victor,

Thanks for your reply.  I tried your way but it didn't help.  I even tried
to feed a NULL value to the last parameter of LoadFrame() so that the frame
window is not associated with any doc and view.  But still, the menu bar is
under the title bar and it will show up when you click it.  When it shows
up, the two bars overlap each other.  You will see the menu items you click
only.

Is it a MFC bug?

JD

"Victor" <nijegorodov.otpusk@freenet.de> wrote in message
> Couldn't DrawMenuBar help?
>
> Victor
>
> "JD Young" <jdt_young@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> A very simple frame window generated from a dll of mine always has its
>> menu bar hidden under the title bar.  I have to click on the title bar to
>> make the menu items show up.    The following code that generates the
>> frame window is actually copied from a small test program to the dll.  In
>> the test program, the code works just fine.  So what makes the
>> difference? I suspect IDR_MENU_TEST is only partially successfully loaded
>> in the dll. Any reason for it?  Pleave provide me any clue and hint.
>> Your help is much appreciated.  (I am using VS 2005)
>>
>> C2DGraphDoc *pDoc = new C2DGraphDoc;
>> C2DGraphFrame * pFrame = new C2DGraphFrame();
>>
>> CCreateContext context;
>> context.m_pNewViewClass = RUNTIME_CLASS( C2DGraphView );
>> context.m_pCurrentDoc = pDoc;
>>
>> BOOL bRes = pFrame->LoadFrame(IDR_MENU_TEST,
>> WS_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW | FWS_ADDTOTITLE, NULL, &context);
>>
>> pFrame->SetWindowText( _T("TEST") );
>> pFrame->ShowWindow(SW_SHOW);
>>
>> JD

0
jdt_young (239)

Money 2005 Bug: Portfolio toolbar button loads blank page titled Portfolio Manager
Problem Description: Clicking on the Portfolio toolbar button loads a blank page that's titled Portfolio Manager. That's it! I can't see any of my open positions, etc... using this toolbar button. Frequency of problem: Always Happens Operating system / version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional - 5.1.2600 Computer manufacturer and model: Dell Computer Corporation, Dimension 8200 Processor model and speed: I586IV, 1994 MHz Memory (RAM): 523.276 MB The only input I can offer is that I have the same problem on one computer, but it works fine on the other. I converted from 2004 Delu...

Menu
The Menu bar (File,Edit,View,etc ) disappeared from our OL. How do we get it back please. Trying Tools\Customize does not seem to do it since the Built in menu option as missing from there. Office 2003 Pro with SP1. -- Peter Please reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others. Problem solved with Repair -- Peter Please reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others. "Peter Foldes" <okf22@email.msn.com> wrote in message news:O1xL0w7LFHA.2888@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > The Menu bar (File,Edit,View,etc ) disappeared from our OL. How do we get > it back please. T...

Bar Code Printing
Greetings: I am looking for advice regarding bar code label printing with Access. My non-profit organization receives donated items that are sold in our store. I want to track this inventory by attaching a bar code label to the merchandise when it is received so the donor will receive proper credit when the item is sold. Ideally, the barcode will contain the donor's information as it is entered into the database. Then, it would be nice if scanning the barcode on the item would bring up the donor's record from the database (sort of a two-way operation). Can anyone give me a few tip...

wudfusbcciddriver.dll API's
For testing a Smart card device based on USB ICCD Smar Card Class, is there a API documentation for ICCD Class driver wudfusbcciddriver.dll? Please provide the reference standard microsoft smart card reader tests (like ifdtest). this DLL is just a driver and does not expose normal direct call APIs d -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "shyamln" <shyamln@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7D0DDBD5-52DB-4D2A-B79B-B0E395ED6E76@microsoft.com... > For testing a Smart card device based o...

WORD VBA
Hi I have a document opened from a centrally located template which I want to automatically save to the users Sharepoint folder. The path for Sharepoint is: http://sharepoint/personal/LOGINNAME/..... Any ideas as to how to obtain the users windows login name? Many thanks -- Richard Hi In addition for some reason SaveAs keeps opening the save as dialog, rather than saving to specified folder & filename strDocname = "C:\Documents and settings\My Documents\NewDoc.doc" ActiveDocument.SaveAs FileName:= strDocName Comes up with the Save As Dialog with ...

Create a bar chart from a list?
I have a table, "A1:B10". Col "A" list of names, Col"B" values. How do I create a bar chart that plots the names which only have values? -- Bob "Bob" wrote: > I have a table, "A1:B10". Col "A" list of names, Col"B" values. > How do I create a bar chart that plots the names which only have values? > -- > Bob Have you tried selecting just the cells that have names and values and then going to Insert>chart? You can select multiple cells by holding the CTRl button and the mouse to select. I am not sure ho...

WINDOWS Live Mail loosing connection
Getting this quite frequently from WLM - Did not get this with Live mail on the same system. ( this is a free translation from the french message) Your server has stopped the connection - Possible causes are server or network problems, or time out expired. Vista 64 SP2, WLM 14.0.8089.0726 Microsoft security essential as anti-virus. Cette commande IMAP n'a pas été envoyée au serveur avant la fin de la connexion. Affichage : . .. .. Protocole : IMAP Port : 143 Sécurisé (SSL) : 0 Code : 800ccc0f -- Thanks. If you are not...

Logical Statement on a SwitchBoard Menu.
Is it possible to use a logical statement before open an switchboard menu. Example: Check if user is authorized to access that switchboard menu. Thank Ileana Yes but you would have to do that as part of the switchboard form not any part of the switchboard itself. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.accessmvp.com "iholder" <iholder@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3FD4B318-845E-481E-B719-20D00B7190CE@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to use a logical statement before open an switc...

Moving Contact Menu Items on the ISV file
I need help configuring the isv.config file to change the order of menu items on the contacts screen. I've seen the posts on how it remove items but I can't seem to move items on the menu. Thanks, Scott ...

Display order of Bar Chart
How do I get a bar chart to display my data in the order I created it rather then in a sort ascending or descending order. I created my vertical axis categories in the exact order I want the bar chart to display the data however, when the chart is created is rearranged into ascending order of the data not in the order of the categories as I developed it. That is not how Excel behaves; when the data is in rows, the first category of the first row is at the bottom of the bar chart and so on, regardless of the y-values best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.s...

Assigning values to a Validation Menu
I'm trying to do this thing on Excel where I have a list of values tha are being summed at the bottom of the page. Thats not a problem. Th problem I'm having is that one of the cells is a pull down lis (Validation) and I need to set it up so each of the choices (eg. A-1 B-2,...) has a specific value associated with it that will be added i with the rest of the sum. Anyone know how I can do this -- AlwaysAAnge ----------------------------------------------------------------------- AlwaysAAngel's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2728 View this...

thread to dll messages
hi i want to ask for guidence, actually i want to send a message from thread to a MFC extended DLL , what should i do, can i use sendMessage(), postmessage() function ,if yes then plz tell me , if not than what should i do to achieve this task i shall be great ful to u waiting for ur immediate respinse thanks irfan Hi, If you don't have a window in the dll (actually it could be a dialog) you simply cannot use both SendMessage and PostMessage; these functions require a handle to a window. Why not to define an export function in the dll and call it (as an imported one) from your ...

Problem in adding new menu item to existing menu in GP
I want to add new form in Tools->Setup->Sales->new form. My GP version is 9.0 I had created procedure in which i am using AddCommandToMenu function to add menu. Status = AddCommandToMenu(DYNAMICS, resourceid(form Command_Sales), resourceid(command CL_Sales_Setup of form Command_Sales), Seq, CMD_BUILTINCMD_DICTID, resourceid(form Command_IOP), resourceid(command Cmd_IOP of form Command_IOP), true, MENULOAD_TOTABLE); Is it right way to add new menu item under existing GP menu or any other way to add menu item? I had tried also other way : menu_tag = Command_GetTag(command CL_...

Re-enabling the toolbox window
Hello, I am using Microsoft Visual C++ 6, and I have accidentally closed the toolbox window under resource view for a dialog box. How do I make the toolbox window re-appear? Sincerely, James Simpson Right Click on the toolbar area and should get a menu, select controls or Select Tools -> Customize... then select the toolbars tab. M "James Simpson" <JamesSimpson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:108EF0E9-62AA-40F4-BF92-F86A72C05F0C@microsoft.com... > Hello, > I am using Microsoft Visual C++ 6, and I have accidentally closed the > toolbox &g...

Unable to use the back/forward buttons in the OPEN menu
I recently upgraded to Excel 2007 and Windows 7. Previously I was able to ask the program to 'open' and then go back/forward through the folders to get to the next location as needed. Now I have to start over every time. The back and forward buttons are alway gray and the address bar is blank if I try to pull it down. Getting tired of having to use the Nav panel and start over every time.... Any ideas? Thanks! ...

Bar Graphs #2
Using the time scale option (for x-axis), is there any way to hide/delete specific months that have no data after selecting the min and max. To use a time scale axis, you need to retain all of the dates within the span of time. There's no way to hide/delete certain months. If you don't have many gaps, you could apply this technique to the X axis: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/BrokenYAxis.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ F. P. wrote: > Using the time scale o...

windows installer starts whenever office application is opened
I have recently reloaded MS office 2007 on my computer. Everytime any office application is started windows installer window opens up saying that it is configuring office 2007. It goes off after some time and application loads and works normally after that. It is considerably slowing launching of the application and is not allowing me to load outlook connector. regards This can happen if you are running multiple version of Office: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290576 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928091 -- Susan Ramlet -- please reply to the newsgroup so all may ben...

My Save As menu is not working
Save As under the file menu in Excel is "grayed out" so I cannot select it. How can I fix this problem Hi, right-click the menubar select Customise from list >> Toolbars click Standard click Reset Button ok - Mark >-----Original Message----- >Save As under the file menu in Excel is "grayed out" so I cannot select it. >How can I fix this problem >. > ...

Windows Update Failure on KB979906
Hello Gurus, One of my Windows updates failed as follow: The following updates were not installed: Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 SP1 Security Update for Windows 2000 and Windows XP (KB979906) On the Windows Events Viewer I found: Under Application: ------------------------------------------ Event Type: Information Event Source: MsiInstaller Event Category: None Event ID: 11729 Date: 29/06/2010 Time: 08:01:42 Description: Product: Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 -- Configuration failed. For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/...

Windows update conflict with Outlook 2000?
(Running Windows 2000 Professional and Outlook 2000) I just performed a Windows update, rebooted my PC, and now Outlook 2000 opens VEEEEEEERRRRRRRYYYY slowly (like 5 minutes!). I rebooted again - same thing. I rebooted AGAIN - same thing. I closed it, tried to reopen it - nothing. Tried that 3 more times - nothing. Opened Task Manager - found the process running 4 times and "killed" 'em all. Then tried it - it again took FOREVER to open. I did NOTHING between the Windows update and opening Outlook 2000. Any ideas as to what the deal is? ...

make photo fit power point frame
The photos I took do not fit precisely into the power pt. frame. How do I get the whole picture and not just part of it? You may want to resize your picture, decreasing the size before you insert it into PP. You can then resize it in PP. "packager can not display" wrote: > The photos I took do not fit precisely into the power pt. frame. How do I > get the whole picture and not just part of it? ...

Do I really have to use keyboard Shortcuts to do things that used to be on the Menu?
I have run into issues using Word 2007 that need to be on the Wish list for a new Word. 1) There a many things I cannot do any more using menus (the mouse). For example, Insert field. For example I am expected to learn Alt Shift O to insert a TC entry. Please can we have the Insert Field menu back - more to the point, I should NEVER HAVE TO LEARN KEYBOARD SHORTCUTS. PLEASE!!!! It took me 45 minutes to discover there was no obvious way of doing it with a mouse! 2) I can no longer toggle formatting marks on and off on the fly: this is a vital method of figuring out what idiotic t...

Scroll Bar Control
I need a way where I can control a macro to control some scroll bar. I'll have about 10 - 15 scroll bar. There will be a main scroll bar. When I move the main scroll bar the rest of the scroll bar should move according to the main one. If the main one is at 80, then the rest should be at 80. For the rest of the scroll bar, I should be able to adjust them different. For example, if I move the main scroll bar to 80, the rest will move to 80. Then I would probably amend scroll bar 2 to 75, scroll bar 5 to 85 and so on. Is there a way I can do that? Assuming your scroll ba...

Wich version fo Windows for CRM Server
Hi, I would like to install Ms CRM but I don't know the version of Operative System to install on the server Windows 2003 Pro/Std ...??? Windows 2003 SBS Pro/Premium/Std...?? Somebody Can help me?? I would like to know the right OS for the server. Thanks On May 10, 4:32 am, valeria <v...@val.it> wrote: > Hi, I would like to install Ms CRM but I don't know the version of > Operative System to install on the server > > Windows 2003 Pro/Std ...??? > Windows 2003 SBS Pro/Premium/Std...?? > > Somebody Can help me?? > > I would like to know the right OS...

Is it possible to unsend a message in Windows Mail?
I sent two messages accidently when I initially set up my Windows Mail account. The first message was before I called my ISP (internet service provider). I should have checked to see if the first message went through before writing another message, but, alas, I didn't. Is there a way to unsend the first message if the individual I sent it to didn't open the message? Any information would be appreciated. -- Let''s be pleasant, merry, and love one another. "GaryTheGreat" <GaryTheGreat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:30920F7A...