Test to see if new group posting works

0
NoSpam8358 (375)
10/26/2006 9:45:44 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Seems to work :o)  Welcome back.

Tom

"Peter Olcott" <NoSpam@SeeScreen.com> wrote in message

0
tserface (3865)
10/26/2006 10:21:34 PM
Actually it did not work on my end. All of my newsgroup messages quit
downloading three days ago. I have to unsubscribe and reboot, then resubscribe
to get it to work again. I have the same problem on two identical computers.

"Tom Serface" <tserface@msn.com> wrote in message
> Seems to work :o)  Welcome back.
>
> Tom
>
> "Peter Olcott" <NoSpam@SeeScreen.com> wrote in message

0
NoSpam8358 (375)
10/27/2006 2:17:48 AM
> Actually it did not work on my end. All of my newsgroup messages quit
> downloading three days ago. I have to unsubscribe and reboot, then resubscribe
> to get it to work again. I have the same problem on two identical computers.

You can check google groups to see if it worksI(posted on the server).
It typically takes few minutes for it to show up on google. I use
google groups most of the time.

---
Ajay

0
ajaykalra (6842)
>> Actually it did not work on my end. All of my newsgroup messages quit
>> downloading three days ago. I have to unsubscribe and reboot, then
>> resubscribe
>> to get it to work again. I have the same problem on two identical computers.
>>

> You can check google groups to see if it worksI(posted on the server).
> It typically takes few minutes for it to show up on google. I use
> google groups most of the time.
>
> ---
> Ajay

What gets me is why every single group on two different machines quit
downloading messages unless I unsubscribe, reboot, and resubscribe. The only
thing that I can think of is the server had problems and sent garbage data to
Outlook Express, and this garbage data somehow clogged up the pipes.

0
NoSpam8358 (375)
10/27/2006 5:53:26 PM
Peter Olcott wrote:
> "Ajay Kalra" <ajaykalra@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> >> Actually it did not work on my end. All of my newsgroup messages quit
> >> downloading three days ago. I have to unsubscribe and reboot, then
> >> resubscribe
> >> to get it to work again. I have the same problem on two identical computers.
> >>

> > You can check google groups to see if it worksI(posted on the server).
> > It typically takes few minutes for it to show up on google. I use
> > google groups most of the time.
> >
> > ---
> > Ajay
> >

> What gets me is why every single group on two different machines quit
> downloading messages unless I unsubscribe, reboot, and resubscribe. The only
> thing that I can think of is the server had problems and sent garbage data to
> Outlook Express, and this garbage data somehow clogged up the pipes.

If its happening on different machines, it could be your ISP issue.

---
Ajay

0
ajaykalra (6842)
10/27/2006 6:14:15 PM
Does it continue to work once you resubscribe...

> Actually it did not work on my end. All of my newsgroup messages quit
> downloading three days ago. I have to unsubscribe and reboot, then
> resubscribe to get it to work again. I have the same problem on two
> identical computers.
>
> "Tom Serface" <tserface@msn.com> wrote in message
>> Seems to work :o)  Welcome back.
>>
>> Tom
>>
>> "Peter Olcott" <NoSpam@SeeScreen.com> wrote in message

0
tserface (3865)

ANOVA procedures and t-test equal variance
In looking through Excel I see that it has both the ANOVA procedure and a t-test with equal variances and a t-test for unequal variances. One of the assumptions that is made in both the "standard t test" and ANOVA is that the variances are equal. Yet, Excel seems to have no test for homoscedasicity (oh what a cool word). How do you know these procedures are ok to use if you have not checked the assumption of equal variances? Noosa - > In looking through Excel I see that it has both the ANOVA procedure and a > t-test with equal variances and a t-test for unequal vari...

Works Way too slow
Money uses 100% of my CPU time to do anything. I tried to archive transactions and that didn't help. Any suggestions? In microsoft.public.money, Wblackbu wrote: >Money uses 100% of my CPU time to do anything. I tried to archive >transactions and that didn't help. Any suggestions? The archive file is a copy of your Money file at the time that you did the archive. You could copy that to a new *.mny filename and open it. Use that as your Money file. It won't help the speed, but it can restore your lost transactions. See FAQ available at http://umpmfaq.info for other inform...

New No 1
As for taking over the No. 1 spot in the world rankings from Woods, [url=http://www.onlinegolf118.com/]golf clubs for sale online[/url] this is the first opportunity for Mickelson that doesn't require him to win the tournament. He can become No. 1 Post Originated from http://www.VistaForums.com Vista Support Forums ...

test of wizard
-- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=f61980a5-9a9d-4399-8044-95f7dc1810...

New Payroll Tax Code Update
I am looking for specific information on what changes are included in the most recent Payroll Tax Code Update which was released in early July. CustomerSource is a little vague on the issue stating that it includes changes for the new HIRE Act. I would like to know exactly what is changed - new fields, report changes, etc. Does anyone know this information? Thank you. ...

See these corrective patch
--wiunvgbmkndviqzg Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="ppjrsdotaymubgo"; type="multipart/alternative" --ppjrsdotaymubgo Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="oraajjghun" --oraajjghun Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Client this is the latest version of security update, the "November 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to pro...

Mass Cost Change Not Working
I do a mass cost change in HQ to change item costs at all my stores. When the HQ client runs at all the stores it processes the worksheet (401 i think) without any errors. But when you go in manager at the store level and look at the costs of items that were changed they have not changed at all and i have to go in and individually change each one of them. I'm not seeing errors or problems so I'm kind of stuck. Any ideas? Thanks in advance! David wrote: > I do a mass cost change in HQ to change item costs at all my stores. When > the HQ client runs at all the stores i...

problem sending mail to new subdomain
In our Exchange 2003 I've configured a new subdomain, by adding a new SMTP connector. As I don't know much about Exchange, I copied all the settings from a previous SMTP connector that was working correctly. However I'm still left with an error, even though I triple checked all settings. When sending a mail internally to recipient.x@new.domain.com, the mail arrives without problems. When sending mails to this address from an external source, I get this error: ----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors ----- <recipient.x@new.domain.com> ...

Outlook read receipts Group Policy
G'Day All, I am running E2K3 server and all workstations are XP with Office 2003 I am trying to find an Active Directory/Group Policy to set and lock the Outlook to always send a read receipt response. Any help/pointers would be appreciated. Thanks -- Ferguson Have you looked at the Office Resource Kit for your version of Office? It has several tools to customize the different Office programs. However, your users can still get around sending a read receipt - I know, I did it for years. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion i...

Grouping entries in a catalog
I'm cataloging a billion pieces of paper. In some instances, I want separate entries for each piece of paper, but want to keep each entry together with those associated with a particular file. (I'm working with someone else's document, so can't make structural changes, but hoping there's a way to accomplish this anyway.) The columns with which I'm working are: Source | Document | Type | etc. What I have is a pendaflex file within which are five manilla folders. I'd like to do an entry for the Pendaflex as well as entries for each folder. Then I'd lik...

Moving to New Server
I am moving Exchange 2003 to a new faster server. I would like to keep the same Server Name and IP Address of the existing server - pretty much just take everything and put it onto the new faster server. Can you point me to a documents on making this move with 2003? We have a single Exchange Server 2003 installation in a single Active Directory forest. Also, can you possibly provide some advice on what to look out for when making the move? -- NC Beach Bum I'd ask why you need to keep the same server name? If you're worried about updating client profiles, you needn...

can not see chart
I created a simple chart. For some odd reason the chart is all gray. I can only see the chart if i select the chart object. Please help! Thank you! Hi, Via the menus Tools > Options. On the View tab select Obejcts Show All. Cheers Andy Nick wrote: > I created a simple chart. For some odd reason the chart is all gray. I can > only see the chart if i select the chart object. Please help! Thank you! -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

help I can not post
sorry another test ...

New default button in Dialog
I've a dialog (constructed using the resource manager) from which I removed the default "Cancel" button. I then re-named "OK" to "Exit" (just the text, not the message) and all was fine. Now I want different behaviour: I wish "Exit" to occur when Escape is pressed (as would have been more sensible in the first place...) and a different button, "Search", to be actioned on pressing Return. However, I've tried all sorts of settings and can't get it to work. Can someone help me out, please? Thanks. Paul. Paul S. Ganney wrote: > ...

Elini New Yorker Grand Chronograph Ladies Watch WH12535ARD
Elini New Yorker Grand Chronograph Ladies Watch WH12535ARD - Replica Watch Fake Elini New Yorker Grand Chronograph Ladies Watch WH12535ARD Link : http://www.watchesprice.net/Replica-Elini-17102.html Replica Watches Home : http://www.watchesprice.net/ Replica Elini Brands : http://www.watchesprice.net/Elini-Replica.html Replica Elini New Yorker Grand Chronograph Ladies Watch WH12535ARD --- one of best selling replica watches, it is crafted in high quality, please click image 'buy now' to buy this chic but inexpensive replica to save you a lot of money . Elini New Yorker Grand Chronog...

Hit testing
I'm trying to implement client area hit testing in a MDI application. In my document, I have a list of graphic objects (e.g. polygons) that are displayed in the view. The list can get pretty long, so the hit test algorithm needs to be fairly efficient. My first attempt at this was to add HitTest(CPoint) function to the graphic object class. In this function I created a Region and then tested it. Something like... int CPolygon::HitTest(CPoint Point) { CRgn Rgn; Rgn.CreatePolygonRgn(PointList.GetData(), PointList.GetSize(), WINDING); if (Rgn.PtInRegion(Point)) ...

ignore -- testing
Haven't seen a posting in several NGs since 6/25. Just curious if GG is updating these NGs. I'm using the "old" user interface. Can't find these NGs using the new GG "experience". just testing "joeu2004" <joeu2004@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:812e733c-2d95-4174-8a3d-d08ecc672145@e17g2000prj.googlegroups.com... Haven't seen a posting in several NGs since 6/25. Just curious if GG is updating these NGs. I'm using the "old" user interface. Can't find these NGs using the new GG "experience". testing a...

category groups renaming
How to rename a category group? Renaming categories or sub-categories is easy but I cannot find a way to rename a category group. Are them fixed? Raffaello They are. See http://www.bollar.org/msmoney/#Q20 -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or suggestions, use http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp or email mnyukwsh@microsoft.com especially if it's a UK specific wish. I do not respond to any unsolicited email regarding Money "Raffael...

WHY DID YOU DELETE MY POST?
All I did was ask for some help with massive amounts of spam coming to my exchange server. Please explalin to me why you deleted my post I really need some help with this issue. On Thu, 9 Jun 2005 12:21:03 -0700, "dath" <dath@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >All I did was ask for some help with massive amounts of spam coming to my >exchange server. Please explalin to me why you deleted my post I really need >some help with this issue. You want to look again, Seth and Will replied. Seth said: depending on your hardware, etc you can do this on the same server, ...

cannot see picture
Very new to Publisher. When I insert a picture into a publication, I can only see a blank box, not the picture itself. However the picture will print out just fine. How do I get to view the picture while editing the publication? Thanks for any help. 1. Check Menu View/Pictures & Detailed Display is ON. If this doesn't fix, then 2. Try reducing "Hardware Acceleration" of your Video Card Right click on desktop & select properties Settings tab - Advanced button Troubleshoot tab - Move slider from Full to None, Click OK then OK again. If step 2 fixes the pr...

Problem with GUI on Win2000 but working fine on Win9x.
I created an application with mm_himetric mapping mode on Win98 but now when I am running the same application on Win2000 the size of the GUI is contracting to half of its size. If any one want to try, then please follow these steps.. 1. Create any application that will display a circle 2. Cpy the exe and run the eze file on win200 3. You will see the difference in thesize of that image Please tell me what should I do to resolve this issue ...

Tests?
Why do so many individuals need to jump on someone who posts a test? A higher percentage than Ivory soap put a clear indicator in the Subject line it's a test message. Seems the least educated of us all could identify this to make the decision to go right on by, it's a test. But what happens is a deluge of messages are sent to criticize the individual who is trying to solve a problem. And many of the criticisms are "not on topic" (like the ng they're in has "and criticism" as part of the ng title. But what is allowed is the use of vomit vocabulary! Certainly...

Activation on new computer- in 2011
I bought a used copy of FP on Ebay to use on a computer that I will be buying *next year*. However, I want to make sure that I can activate it later, even though FP has been discontinued. The Ebay seller assures me it has been deleted from her machine, but she did activate it. Should I wait until 2011 (when I buy the new computer) to activate the software, will Microsoft still be in the business of activating FP software in the next few years (since Expression Web seems to be the new Microsft product). I don't want to wait and then have it not work properly. Whether you act...

Migrate email to new server, new exchange, new user names
We are moving a client from Windows 2000 Advanced server to SBS. They are currently using exchange for email and we need to transfer all their mailboxes to the new server. Is there any way of exporting the mail to the new server but mapping to a different user name as we are taking this opportunity to standardize active directory user names to firstname.lastname. At present they are all over the place. Microsoft has some whitepapers on Migrating Windows 2000 to Windows 2003 and from Exchange 2000 to Exchange 2003. They are quite thick and require a bit of planning so make sure to plan thi...

SendObject not Working
Every time the SendObject command is executed, the resulting email contains an Excel attachment. The text section of the email should contain the fields defined in my report. Does anyone know why this is happening? Help!!!!!!! Here's the code, user supplies a project start date, combo62 equals a department name, and combo64 equals a project id number. Private Sub Combo62_AfterUpdate() Me.Combo64 = Null Me.Combo64.Requery Me.Combo64 = Me.Combo64.ItemData(0) End Sub Private Sub Combo64_AfterUpdate() With Forms!FRMTEST1 ..SetFocus ..Requery End With End Sub Private Sub Exit_Click() On...