tabs inside a tab

hi,

i have a tabbed dialog, in which on one of the tabs i intend to added
to  have sub-tabs.
which is the best way to add tabs can we use CPropertyPage or should
we go with CTabCtrl.

Thanks in advance,
Chandra

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

I would use CTabCtrl.  But it's a matter of preference.  CTabCtrl will give
you more flexibility than using a CPropertyPage as a child control.

AliR.

"chandra" <schandrasekhars@gmail.com> wrote in message
> hi,
>
> i have a tabbed dialog, in which on one of the tabs i intend to added
> to  have sub-tabs.
> which is the best way to add tabs can we use CPropertyPage or should
> we go with CTabCtrl.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Chandra

0
AliR3470 (3235)
3/27/2007 9:10:40 PM
You would likely use a CPropertySheet on a CPropertySheet, but you could use
tabs instead.  This article might give you some ideas:

http://www.codeguru.com/cpp/controls/propertysheet/article.php/c3965/

Tom

"chandra" <schandrasekhars@gmail.com> wrote in message
> hi,
>
> i have a tabbed dialog, in which on one of the tabs i intend to added
> to  have sub-tabs.
> which is the best way to add tabs can we use CPropertyPage or should
> we go with CTabCtrl.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Chandra

0
tom.nospam (3240)
3/27/2007 10:07:27 PM
I just went with tab controls as children of tab controls.  I have an app that can nest
these about six deep (based on an external user-supplied specification) and I've had no
problem with them.

You might look at the TabView control on codeproject for ideas.
						joe

On 27 Mar 2007 13:54:55 -0700, "chandra" <schandrasekhars@gmail.com> wrote:

>hi,
>
>i have a tabbed dialog, in which on one of the tabs i intend to added
>to  have sub-tabs.
>which is the best way to add tabs can we use CPropertyPage or should
>we go with CTabCtrl.
>
>Thanks in advance,
>Chandra
Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
newcomer (15973)

Tab Order in a Contact Form
I created a custom form, adding both buit-in fields and custom fields to the General page. However, when I go to Layout/Tab Order, only the built-in fields that exist on the built-in Contact form show up in the list. Is there any way for me to get the other built-in and custom fields to show up in the Tab Order list? Thanks, Shannon All controls (note: not fields) should appear in the tab order, but if you put some inside a frame, that frame will have its own tab order. Select the frame, then invoked the Tab Order dialog. FYI, there is a newsgroup specifically for Outlook forms issues...

Exchange tasks tab on domain controllers
When we were running Exchange 2K, I could add a mailbox from any domain controller, but can't now that we've migrated to Exchange 2K3. Was this a function of connection agreements in Exchange 2K/5.5? Is there any way to re-enable this functionality? Thx. Phil: Thanks much. Is it my imagination, or are details like that hard to find? P >-----Original Message----- >On the domain controllers that are not running Exchange run the Exchange 2003 CD install on them. Install the management tools option. This will enable the tabs in AD on that domain controller. And, yes, ...

Combine tabs from multiple workbooks into one
I was given twelve workbooks (one for each month). Each workbook has one tab. What is the fastest way to combine the twelve workbooks (thus the twelve tabs) into a single workbook? I can open each workbook and move each tab individually, I just thought there might be a more efficient way. Any ideas? Thanks for your help. Hi Alayna See http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy3.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Alayna" <Alayna@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DCBB3B63-84D1-48BD-86D3-7F1D72E99C1C@microsoft.com... >I was given twelve workbooks...

Icons change on IE tabs when using tabbed browsing
I've recently begun experiencing issues with the icons assigned to a site being changed on the tabs during tabbed browsing. For example, when clicking on NOAA on my favorites bar to look at weather from the NOAA site, I began getting the Wells Fargo icon on those tabs. The icon is still okay on my favorites bar, but now consistently shows the WF icon on tabs. I tried reassigning a new icon to NOAA, and it seemed okay for a while, but now I'm back to getting WF icons on NOAA tabs. This morning I had a lot of tabs open and suddenly my Fidelity icon was replaced by the Y...

Email Tracking Tab
A gentleman I work with has his setup so he can go into his Sent Items and look at the tracking tabs on the messages. He's had this setup and working for some time now, but recently this is no longer working. He has delivery and read receipts requested for anything he sends. I can't find any logical reason why he does not have the tracking tab anymore. I thought maybe it only applied to messages sent to multiple recipients, but I sent test messages and it didn't make any difference. Did he already process the returned Exchange receipts? When they are marked as read and ...

Tab order after using pop up calendar on date field
After selecting a value in a date field by using the pop up calendar, the tab order on the screen sometimes goes to the first dollar sign ($) on the screen and tabs through each dollar sign until the last one is reached and then starts tabbing through the fields starting with the first one instead of just tabbing to the next field. This happens if the cursor was in a text or number field and the value in the field was not selected (highlighted) when the calendar button was pushed. If the date was typed in to the date field (as apposed to selected using the pop up calendar) then the su...

tab not tabbing to next cell
Tab button is moving to next page, not next cell. Is there a setting for this somewhere ? Lynn, It's trying to act like Lotus 123. Tools - Options - Transition - Transition navigation keys. Turn it off. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "lynn" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:231f01c3a92f$c1d56290$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Tab button is moving to next page, not next cell. Is there > a setting for this somewhere ? Perfect. Thanks ! >-----Original Message----- ...

tab order #8
can you specify a tab order in excel? for example. can I specify the folowwing tab order: b1 b2 b3 b4 b10 b11 b12 and ofcourse how? gracias -- daolb ------------------------------------------------------------------------ daolb's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24478 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=382504 Take a look at http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0008.html -- HTH Bob Phillips "daolb" <daolb.1raiyc_1119884723.3538@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:daolb.1raiy...

Tab from one page to the next page in Tab Control
I'm stumped!! How do you get your tabs to go from one page in tab control to the next page? Right now, when I get to the bottom of the page, it tabs back to the top. I am using Access 2003 with Windows XP. I want to be able to tab from one page to the next as I complete my form. Any help is appreciated. -- retired_vol You'll need to use code to set the focus to the first control on the second tab in the LostFocus event of the last control on the first tab: Private Sub Control1_LostFocus() Me.Control2.SetFocus End Sub -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSte...

worksheet tab size
I have an Excel workbook with multiple worksheets running on a HMI touchscreen display terminal. The sheet tab height is too small for easy selection with the touch screen. Changing the default font size increases the height of cells, but doesn't affect the sheet tabs. Is there any way (other than changing the display's resolution) to increase the size of the sheet tabs? >-----Original Message----- >I have an Excel workbook with multiple worksheets running >on a HMI touchscreen display terminal. The sheet tab >height is too small for easy selection with the tou...

tab textbox by a macro
I have some textbox in a user form... I start on textbox1 and then once it is filled in a click commandbuttom1.. This click will populate some data then I then would like the cursor to move to textbox2... How do I do it with a macro and not expecting user to hit tab or enter? Hi alberto, At the end of the code run by CommandButton1 insert the following. Me.TextBox2.SetFocus -- Regards, OssieMac "Alberto Ast" wrote: > I have some textbox in a user form... > I start on textbox1 and then once it is filled in a click commandbuttom1.. > This...

Saving default tabs

IE8 Open new tab
hi, wondering how to set new tab to open to a web page. had that set before, but had to reset my IE8, lost settings. thanks Hi Dan, Tools>Internet Options - General tab, Tabbed Browsing 'Settings' button. Sounds like you have turned off tabbed browsing sometime. Maybe with the Reset. Regards. "Dan" <Dan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8693FE7A-05AE-43B1-A630-F0DF61284CD0@microsoft.com... > hi, wondering how to set new tab to open to a web page. had that set > before, > but had to reset my IE8, lost settings. thank...

sheet tabs is checked but I can't see my tabs
I'm using a workbook with several pages. Yesterday I had no problems seeing my tabs but today, the only thing at the bottom of the page is a bar that says "Ready" in the far left corner. I do not see my tabs and do not know how to move between the pages. Can anyone help me? I'd try: Window|Arrange|Tiled and resize them the way I like. I'm guessing that the tabs are just off the screen. 3091Director wrote: > > I'm using a workbook with several pages. Yesterday I had no problems seeing > my tabs but today, the only thing at the bott...

tabs inside a tab
hi, i have a tabbed dialog, in which on one of the tabs i intend to added to have sub-tabs. which is the best way to add tabs can we use CPropertyPage or should we go with CTabCtrl. Thanks in advance, Chandra I would use CTabCtrl. But it's a matter of preference. CTabCtrl will give you more flexibility than using a CPropertyPage as a child control. AliR. "chandra" <schandrasekhars@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1175028895.801895.304100@o5g2000hsb.googlegroups.com... > hi, > > i have a tabbed dialog, in which on one of the tabs i intend to added > t...

Tab Contol Question
I have a form that contains a Tab Control. I would like to setfocus to a specific control on each tab when the tab is activated, but can not find any event that provides this ability when the tab is selected. I can only find "On Click", "On Dbl Click", "On Mouse Down", "On Mouse Up", and "On Mouse Move" which applies to the entire tab area itself, not just the tab name. Am I outside of the box on this one? PosseJohn wrote: >I have a form that contains a Tab Control. > >I would like to setfocus to a specific con...

tab order (VC6)
I'm trying to use tab order at design time to show one component above the other. I have two labels and two picture controls. I'm using only standard VC6 controls. First picture shows above label, but I can't force second picture to show above label. :( Please, help. In my experience, tab order does not alter drawing order. I've usually worked around this by drawing the background image on the dialog box itself by overriding CMyDialog::OnPaint() - it's possible to use a hidden static control to make the size and location accessible in the resource editor: ...

Copy a cell from a diferent tab when the tab name is in a cell
I have the name of a tab within a cell. How do I use this cell to look up data on the tab. Tab 1 has the following entry:- Road 1 I wish to use this entry to go to the Road 1 tab and look up data held in cell M6 Road 1 could then be updated to Road 2 and I then wish it to go to the Road 2 tab and display information from the same cell i.e. cell M6 Thank you Try =INDIRECT("'"&A1&"'!M6") Where A1 has the sheet tab name. -- Regards Dave Hawley www.ozgrid.com "Ann" <Ann@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messag...

Protecting Tabs
Is there a way to hid a tab and make it so no one else can unhide it -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com In VBA you can set the Visible property of the sheet to xlVeryHidden. The only way that the sheet can be made visible is with VBA code. Worksheets("Sheet1").Visible=xlVeryHidden -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "eroszzz >" <<eroszzz.15w128@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:eroszzz.15w128@excelforum-nospam.com... > Is there a way to hid a tab and make it so n...

Tab Key acting like Alt-Tab
Lately, when I've been trying to use the tab key, I get that Windows switch thing that supposed to happen when you alt-tab. I don't know whether I'm doing something to make that happen or need to re-map my keyboard. It usually starts after I'm using FaceBook weirdly enough. Any ideas? Could be option enabled in "Ease of Access" (used to be called by a more sensible name "Accessibility"). So check those options, e.g. 'sticky keys" options, etc. If that doesn't solve issue, are you sure "Alt" is not faulty i.e. not stuck...

Printing Forms inside Outlook (Working Code)
I am no longer in the outlook form business so I am turning over this code for someone else to finish as long as it remains freeware. It works for me but not flawlessly. Maybe someone with better skills than me can get this thing working well enough for public use. Dim iBasePixel Dim iTempPixel Sub PrintForm() Dim OL As Outlook.Application Dim oldPages As Outlook.Pages Dim oldProp As Outlook.UserProperty Dim oldForm As Object Dim oldControl As Control Set OL = New Outlook.Application Set oldForm = OL.ActiveInspector.CurrentItem Set oldPages = oldForm.GetInspe...

Select all tabs after a certain tab
Hi, Many thanks to Ryan for help on Deleting tabs. I am now after a way of selecting all tabs regardless of amount after a certain tab. The reason for this, is so that I can copy to a new workbook. Again, many thanks for help John, The macro below will copy sheets from the activesheet to a new workbook. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP Sub SelectFromCurrentSheet2End() Dim i As Integer 'if multiple sheet are selected, just select the activesheet to start ActiveSheet.Select True For i = ActiveSheet.Index To Sheets.Count Sheets(i).Select False Next i ActiveWindow.Selecte...

Link to a tab
Can you link a cell to the name in a worksheet tab? I have five tabs open across the bottom and one of them is called records. Can I make a cell in the records tab simply say "records?" So when I name a tab cell a1 mimics that name. The file must be saved for this to work: =MID(CELL("Filename",A1),FIND("]",CELL("Filename",A1))+1,255) -- HTH, RD --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit ! ------------------------------------------------------...

Access form tab control query
Hi, I have a form in MS Access. This form has 3 subforms -- sf1, sf2, sf3. Is it possible to have each of these subforms displayed inside the tab control? When user clicks on tab1, user will see sf1. When user clicks on tab2, user will see sf2. When user clicks on tab3, user will see sf3. Any help or sample codes will be greatly appreciated.... Ang In news:1182741889.549843.297930@e16g2000pri.googlegroups.com, angsapurai@gmail.com <angsapurai@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > > I have a form in MS Access. This form has 3 subforms -- sf1, sf2, sf3. > > Is it possible to have...

Transfer Funds inside a 401k
My 401k has recently changed all the accounts from publicly traded funds to private funds. How do I move the balances to the new funds (and keep the current cost basis) "KennyF" <KennyF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:310D7D86-8503-42DE-BD04-3B8C5A543BAE@microsoft.com... > My 401k has recently changed all the accounts from publicly traded > funds to > private funds. How do I move the balances to the new funds (and > keep the > current cost basis) Sell the old funds and buy the new ones. The account itself is unchanged, unless you moved...