Tab seq dynamically...

I have a button which added dynamically to a property
 sheet. Now for setting the tab sequence with this new
button, Am using SetWindowPos() method. Now tab sequence
is proper.

THE PROBLEM IS
Through the arrow keys, I could not navigate to the last
button for which I called SetWindowPos. where as through
tab keys I could go to the last control. I will appreciate
ur help in this.

DETAILED DESCRIPTION
I have three buttons (OK,Cancel, Help)on the property
sheet. I added a button "Default" to the property sheet
and positioned between Cancel and Help. I set the tab
sequence as in the follwing code . Through arrow keys I
could not navigate to the Help button.
//Code in OnInitDialog() of Prop-Sheet
CWnd *OKButton=GetDlgItem(IDOK);

OKButton->GetWindowRect(&rect);
OKButton->SetWindowPos(&wndTopMost,rect.top,rect.left,
rect.Width(),rect.Height(),SWP_NOMOVE);

	CWnd *CancelButton=GetDlgItem(IDCANCEL);

	CancelButton->GetWindowRect(&rect);
	CancelButton->SetWindowPos(OKButton, rect.top,
rect.left, rect.Width(),rect.Height(),SWP_NOMOVE);

	CWnd *ResetButton=GetDlgItem(IDC_BUTTON_RESET);

	ResetButton->GetWindowRect(&rect);
	ResetButton->SetWindowPos(CancelButton, rect.top,
rect.left, rect.Width(),rect.Height(),SWP_NOMOVE);

	CWnd *HelpButton=GetDlgItem(IDHELP);

	HelpButton->GetWindowRect (&rect);
	HelpButton->SetWindowPos (ResetButton, rect.top,
rect.left, rect.Width(),rect.Height(),SWP_NOMOVE);

Please help me out in digging the bug out.
-Sree
..

0
Sree1 (3)
10/9/2003 4:24:34 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

You need to remove the group attribute of any previous controls in the
zorder and make sure the last control has it.

HTH
--
============
Frank Hickman

0
fhickman1 (40)

Tab Order in a Contact Form
I created a custom form, adding both buit-in fields and custom fields to the General page. However, when I go to Layout/Tab Order, only the built-in fields that exist on the built-in Contact form show up in the list. Is there any way for me to get the other built-in and custom fields to show up in the Tab Order list? Thanks, Shannon All controls (note: not fields) should appear in the tab order, but if you put some inside a frame, that frame will have its own tab order. Select the frame, then invoked the Tab Order dialog. FYI, there is a newsgroup specifically for Outlook forms issues...

Combine tabs from multiple workbooks into one
I was given twelve workbooks (one for each month). Each workbook has one tab. What is the fastest way to combine the twelve workbooks (thus the twelve tabs) into a single workbook? I can open each workbook and move each tab individually, I just thought there might be a more efficient way. Any ideas? Thanks for your help. Hi Alayna See http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy3.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Alayna" <Alayna@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DCBB3B63-84D1-48BD-86D3-7F1D72E99C1C@microsoft.com... >I was given twelve workbooks...

Exchange tasks tab on domain controllers
When we were running Exchange 2K, I could add a mailbox from any domain controller, but can't now that we've migrated to Exchange 2K3. Was this a function of connection agreements in Exchange 2K/5.5? Is there any way to re-enable this functionality? Thx. Phil: Thanks much. Is it my imagination, or are details like that hard to find? P >-----Original Message----- >On the domain controllers that are not running Exchange run the Exchange 2003 CD install on them. Install the management tools option. This will enable the tabs in AD on that domain controller. And, yes, ...

Icons change on IE tabs when using tabbed browsing
I've recently begun experiencing issues with the icons assigned to a site being changed on the tabs during tabbed browsing. For example, when clicking on NOAA on my favorites bar to look at weather from the NOAA site, I began getting the Wells Fargo icon on those tabs. The icon is still okay on my favorites bar, but now consistently shows the WF icon on tabs. I tried reassigning a new icon to NOAA, and it seemed okay for a while, but now I'm back to getting WF icons on NOAA tabs. This morning I had a lot of tabs open and suddenly my Fidelity icon was replaced by the Y...

Email Tracking Tab
A gentleman I work with has his setup so he can go into his Sent Items and look at the tracking tabs on the messages. He's had this setup and working for some time now, but recently this is no longer working. He has delivery and read receipts requested for anything he sends. I can't find any logical reason why he does not have the tracking tab anymore. I thought maybe it only applied to messages sent to multiple recipients, but I sent test messages and it didn't make any difference. Did he already process the returned Exchange receipts? When they are marked as read and ...

tab not tabbing to next cell
Tab button is moving to next page, not next cell. Is there a setting for this somewhere ? Lynn, It's trying to act like Lotus 123. Tools - Options - Transition - Transition navigation keys. Turn it off. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "lynn" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:231f01c3a92f$c1d56290$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Tab button is moving to next page, not next cell. Is there > a setting for this somewhere ? Perfect. Thanks ! >-----Original Message----- ...

Tab order after using pop up calendar on date field
After selecting a value in a date field by using the pop up calendar, the tab order on the screen sometimes goes to the first dollar sign ($) on the screen and tabs through each dollar sign until the last one is reached and then starts tabbing through the fields starting with the first one instead of just tabbing to the next field. This happens if the cursor was in a text or number field and the value in the field was not selected (highlighted) when the calendar button was pushed. If the date was typed in to the date field (as apposed to selected using the pop up calendar) then the su...

tab order #8
can you specify a tab order in excel? for example. can I specify the folowwing tab order: b1 b2 b3 b4 b10 b11 b12 and ofcourse how? gracias -- daolb ------------------------------------------------------------------------ daolb's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24478 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=382504 Take a look at http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0008.html -- HTH Bob Phillips "daolb" <daolb.1raiyc_1119884723.3538@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:daolb.1raiy...

Tab from one page to the next page in Tab Control
I'm stumped!! How do you get your tabs to go from one page in tab control to the next page? Right now, when I get to the bottom of the page, it tabs back to the top. I am using Access 2003 with Windows XP. I want to be able to tab from one page to the next as I complete my form. Any help is appreciated. -- retired_vol You'll need to use code to set the focus to the first control on the second tab in the LostFocus event of the last control on the first tab: Private Sub Control1_LostFocus() Me.Control2.SetFocus End Sub -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSte...

Microsoft Dynamics GP Contract Administration
How can I bill from contract administration for few number of days for example I want to bill from 01 to 07 of a month & 21 to 30 of the same month in one bill. how can I achieve this. I am not sure, whether this is possible without any customization. I can assure you that we can bill a contract for days, but that should be in a periodical way and fixed number of days on each occurence. For instance, I can bill a contract for 10 days on each occurence of the Billing Cycle. You may want to wait till others come up with some more valuable replies. -- Regards, Vaidy "Hus...

dynamic charting and snipping cells
I have found several articles that explain how to set up named ranges with a formula such as this: =OFFSET(Sheet1!$B$2,0,0,COUNTA(Sheet1!$B:$B)-1) ....then specifying the source data using the named ranges. Finally, applying auto-filters to my data table will then automatically update my graph to show the selected data. The one additional piece I need is related to what I have selected via auto-filters: I have a collection of devices identified by a DeviceId. I want to pick one DeviceId via the auto-filter drop-down to see that device's data in the chart. I also want to label the ...

worksheet tab size
I have an Excel workbook with multiple worksheets running on a HMI touchscreen display terminal. The sheet tab height is too small for easy selection with the touch screen. Changing the default font size increases the height of cells, but doesn't affect the sheet tabs. Is there any way (other than changing the display's resolution) to increase the size of the sheet tabs? >-----Original Message----- >I have an Excel workbook with multiple worksheets running >on a HMI touchscreen display terminal. The sheet tab >height is too small for easy selection with the tou...

tab textbox by a macro
I have some textbox in a user form... I start on textbox1 and then once it is filled in a click commandbuttom1.. This click will populate some data then I then would like the cursor to move to textbox2... How do I do it with a macro and not expecting user to hit tab or enter? Hi alberto, At the end of the code run by CommandButton1 insert the following. Me.TextBox2.SetFocus -- Regards, OssieMac "Alberto Ast" wrote: > I have some textbox in a user form... > I start on textbox1 and then once it is filled in a click commandbuttom1.. > This...

Saving default tabs

IE8 Open new tab
hi, wondering how to set new tab to open to a web page. had that set before, but had to reset my IE8, lost settings. thanks Hi Dan, Tools>Internet Options - General tab, Tabbed Browsing 'Settings' button. Sounds like you have turned off tabbed browsing sometime. Maybe with the Reset. Regards. "Dan" <Dan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8693FE7A-05AE-43B1-A630-F0DF61284CD0@microsoft.com... > hi, wondering how to set new tab to open to a web page. had that set > before, > but had to reset my IE8, lost settings. thank...

Custom App on top of Dynamics GP
Hi I am new to MS-Dynamics Gp. I would like to know if it is possible to create a custom application say order-system on top of GP in ASP.Net. I would like that new tables can be added into Dynamics SQL Database and data can be linked between custom application tables and existing GP tables. As I understand eConnect can be used to query existing database, but how exactly I dont know that? Any help in this matter will be apprecaited. Also the table naming in existing GP database is not clear enough and not intutive. Sorry if the question seems too trivial, but I am new and dont have any...

Dynamic Derived CButton Class not picking up OnLButtonDown
Hi, I'm using a derived CButton class to create a dynamic button shown in a Dialog Box. Everythings seems to work fine except that my derived class is not using his OnLButtonDown function when I push it. Anyway could help me with that ? Could it be related to the fact that it's a dynamic button ? Thank you. Nick Hi, If u want to trap the click event of button control, u should not go for WM_LBUTTONDOWN event in the button class. Instead u have to trap the WM_COMMAND for which u have to use the ON_COMMAND macro. while creating the button give ID to the button and use th...

sheet tabs is checked but I can't see my tabs
I'm using a workbook with several pages. Yesterday I had no problems seeing my tabs but today, the only thing at the bottom of the page is a bar that says "Ready" in the far left corner. I do not see my tabs and do not know how to move between the pages. Can anyone help me? I'd try: Window|Arrange|Tiled and resize them the way I like. I'm guessing that the tabs are just off the screen. 3091Director wrote: > > I'm using a workbook with several pages. Yesterday I had no problems seeing > my tabs but today, the only thing at the bott...

TEST Company not added to Dynamics
I've create a new test company with Dynamics GP10 Utilities. The process ran to completion without error. The database and it's objects were successfully created. The new company is not available within Dynamics GP10. It is not listed in the DYNAMICS..SY01500. I've done this multiple times with the same result. The installation has been up and running since December 2008. It is running on SQL Server 2008 64-Bit, on Windows Server 2008 (64-Bit). -- Tom Garth Hi Tom I had the same issue with SQL 2005. I found that if I used the native ODBC client I had the exact same sres...

tabs inside a tab
hi, i have a tabbed dialog, in which on one of the tabs i intend to added to have sub-tabs. which is the best way to add tabs can we use CPropertyPage or should we go with CTabCtrl. Thanks in advance, Chandra I would use CTabCtrl. But it's a matter of preference. CTabCtrl will give you more flexibility than using a CPropertyPage as a child control. AliR. "chandra" <schandrasekhars@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1175028895.801895.304100@o5g2000hsb.googlegroups.com... > hi, > > i have a tabbed dialog, in which on one of the tabs i intend to added > t...

Tab Contol Question
I have a form that contains a Tab Control. I would like to setfocus to a specific control on each tab when the tab is activated, but can not find any event that provides this ability when the tab is selected. I can only find "On Click", "On Dbl Click", "On Mouse Down", "On Mouse Up", and "On Mouse Move" which applies to the entire tab area itself, not just the tab name. Am I outside of the box on this one? PosseJohn wrote: >I have a form that contains a Tab Control. > >I would like to setfocus to a specific con...

tab order (VC6)
I'm trying to use tab order at design time to show one component above the other. I have two labels and two picture controls. I'm using only standard VC6 controls. First picture shows above label, but I can't force second picture to show above label. :( Please, help. In my experience, tab order does not alter drawing order. I've usually worked around this by drawing the background image on the dialog box itself by overriding CMyDialog::OnPaint() - it's possible to use a hidden static control to make the size and location accessible in the resource editor: ...

Copy a cell from a diferent tab when the tab name is in a cell
I have the name of a tab within a cell. How do I use this cell to look up data on the tab. Tab 1 has the following entry:- Road 1 I wish to use this entry to go to the Road 1 tab and look up data held in cell M6 Road 1 could then be updated to Road 2 and I then wish it to go to the Road 2 tab and display information from the same cell i.e. cell M6 Thank you Try =INDIRECT("'"&A1&"'!M6") Where A1 has the sheet tab name. -- Regards Dave Hawley www.ozgrid.com "Ann" <Ann@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messag...

Protecting Tabs
Is there a way to hid a tab and make it so no one else can unhide it -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com In VBA you can set the Visible property of the sheet to xlVeryHidden. The only way that the sheet can be made visible is with VBA code. Worksheets("Sheet1").Visible=xlVeryHidden -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "eroszzz >" <<eroszzz.15w128@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:eroszzz.15w128@excelforum-nospam.com... > Is there a way to hid a tab and make it so n...

Pivot Table With Dynamic Range Source
My datasource table for the pivot table has three columns. The worksheet is named ANNUAL! There are 3 columns: I used data validation to create a drop-down list in the first column, the second column is for a date, and the third column is a number. I tried to create a pivot table based on a dynamic range. I defined a named range as follows: "ANNUAL" refers to: =OFFSET(ANNUAL!$A$2,0,0,COUNTA(ANNUAL!$A:$A),3) I then used Annual for my range source for the pivot table. However, the problem is that I still cannot group the date column in my pivot table! I get the message that I c...