Tab Control Problems - Controls not visible in resource editor

I previously worked in VC++ 6.0, and have several applications that have
either custom shadebox controls, or tab controls or group boxes.  In all
cases, when I moved the applications over to VS.NET 2003, everything was
fine, except in the resource editor, I cannot see any of the controls that
have been overlayed on a tab control, or a custom shadebox control and in
some cases group boxes.  I can tab to them and see the outline, but I cannot
see the actual controls.  If I drag a new control onto the tab control, I can
see the control, but once it is saved, I can no longer access the control
without moving the tab control out of the way.  This is not how VC 6.0
behaved, and I cannot imagine that this is the way .NET 2003 is supposed to
behave.  This is a serious issue as it is killing my development time.

Is there some setting I missed?  If I create a new application in MFC 7 in
..NET 2003, the same behavior exists - I place a control on a tab control and
I see it - but I cannot access - I cannot even access it after it is
compiled!!!  When the controls are not visible, I can access them but cannot
see them, but when I compile the application, everything works properly.

Changing the order of the location of the tab control in the resource file
text changed which way the controls are displayed.  If I move it to the top
of the dialog, I see the controls, but I cannot access them.  If it is at the
bottom (which is the way it is supposed to be in VC 6), I cannot see the
controls for editing and layout, but when I compile they are there and work.

Does anyone have any idea what mught be going on?  Or, is this some
unfixable bug in VS .NET 2003?

Thanks,
Chris Kokotaylo...
0
ckokotay (1)
3/1/2005 4:45:03 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Deployment manager problem 12-26-05
Hi. I have CRM 1.2 on Win2k3 SP1. And I can't import, export or publish customizations! For example, I'm trying to import customizations from xml file. From Deployment manager I click "Import customizations", then I select xml file and CRM says that "No errors fount etc." I click "Next", then "Add". Window "Locate IIS Web Servers" appears and hangs. That’s it! Now I can only drop the mmc process. The same happens when I’m trying to publish customizations. What is it? How can I solve this problem??? I found it by myself!!! The pro...

Tab Order in a Contact Form
I created a custom form, adding both buit-in fields and custom fields to the General page. However, when I go to Layout/Tab Order, only the built-in fields that exist on the built-in Contact form show up in the list. Is there any way for me to get the other built-in and custom fields to show up in the Tab Order list? Thanks, Shannon All controls (note: not fields) should appear in the tab order, but if you put some inside a frame, that frame will have its own tab order. Select the frame, then invoked the Tab Order dialog. FYI, there is a newsgroup specifically for Outlook forms issues...

Evil combo box resizing problem
I use combo boxes in a resizable dialog. But I noticed that if I resize the controls (I use DeferWindowPos for flicker-free resize),and there is a matching string text in the list (for example, if the edit field contained "B", and there was "Base" string), the text in the combobox gets replaced with the matching string and the text gets selected (as if the drop-down list was opened and closed). I don't want that. How can I disable it? >I use combo boxes in a resizable dialog. > >But I noticed that if I resize the controls (I use DeferWindowPos for >...

StretchDIBits problem
Hello. I use the StretchDIBits function 5 time by second to display a 8 bits frame (800*640) in graylevel. The function return the right value 640. My problem appear after around 98000 call of this function the function called by a thread with ON_MESSAGE & PostMessage LRESULT CDisplayFrame::RefreshFrame(WPARAM wParam, LPARAM lParam){ m_stretchStatus=StretchDIBits(m_dispArea.GetDC()->m_hDC,\ 0,0,Coord.right - Coord.left, Coord.bottom - Coord.top,\ 0,0,WIDTH,HEIGHT,currentDisplayFrame, MyIH,DIB_RGB_COLORS,SRCCOPY); return (true); } If I put i...

problem in retrieving data from excel report
i have reports in excel 11.0 ver on one of my friend computer.when he sent those files as attachments ,i could not see the data but some code was there.the version that i have is excel 9.0. could you please tell me where the problem is . Regards, kanth. kanth Could you open the files, but looks like gibberish? Have your friend send the email with attachments as "Plain Text" not RTF Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Sun, 5 Dec 2004 10:57:03 -0800, "kanth" <kanth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >i have reports in excel 11.0 ver on one of my friend computer.when h...

Display problem on the SubForm
Hi, I have two bounded ComboBoxes, cbxDrName & cbxDrComment, on a SubForm (MySubForm). What I want to do is when people select a name from cbxDrName, the cbxDrComment will display a certain doctor's comments for selection. It works well with the following codes if I open the SubForm by itself. Private Sub cbxDrName_AfterUpdate() Me![cbxDrComment].Requery Me![ cbxDrComment] = "" End Sub RowSource in my cbxDrComment is SELECT tbComment.DrComment FROM tbComment WHERE (((tbComment.DrName)=[Forms]![MySubForm].[cbxDrName])); If I place MySubForm on a ...

Address book problem with update
I have office 2004 for Mac- before service pack two, I had my Entourage address book, which was accessible from Word for things like mailing merges, and which sync'd with my work exchange server. Now I have two address books (and calendars for that matter), one which says "on my computer" which is blank, and one on the exchange server, which has all my contacts. The problem is from Word I can only access the "on my computer" and it has no entries. I don't want two calendars and address books/contacts. I just want one! and I want them to sync like they used to! ...

Weird Save Problem
Dear All I have created a pivot table in Excel 2000 and have to send it to clients who have Excel 97. When I save the file the speadsheet looses some formating (which I understand is possble going from one version to another), however in this example it saves the dropdown capabilities of the PageFields but looses it for the the ColumnFields and RowFields. Only when the RowField or ColumnField is dragged to become a PageField, does the drop down exist. Is the dropdown capability of the RowField or ColumnField only available in Excel 2000? Thanks again... Alastair > Is the dropd...

Combine tabs from multiple workbooks into one
I was given twelve workbooks (one for each month). Each workbook has one tab. What is the fastest way to combine the twelve workbooks (thus the twelve tabs) into a single workbook? I can open each workbook and move each tab individually, I just thought there might be a more efficient way. Any ideas? Thanks for your help. Hi Alayna See http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy3.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Alayna" <Alayna@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DCBB3B63-84D1-48BD-86D3-7F1D72E99C1C@microsoft.com... >I was given twelve workbooks...

CDC
I'm drawing multiple pie-shaped regions all bounded by the same elipse (so a whole pie cut up into multiple slices). The problem is that I have to draw over the center point multiple times in order to close each individual pie-shaped region. This is causing the center point to grow in size. How can I avoid this? Is there a CPen style that accomdates this? Thanks, Jeff for(int i=0;i<m_volumes;i++) { dc.MoveTo(m_center); dc.BeginPath(); dc.AngleArc(m_center.x,m_center.y,m_radius,i*m_sweepSize,m_sweepSize); dc.CloseFigure(); dc.EndPath(); dc.StrokePath(); } ...

Importing Data From Access Problem
I'm trying to import some query results from MS Access into Excel using the Import External Data function. Some of the queries are coming across OK, others are only bringing the column headers across and some are bringing partial data. Does anyone have any ideas why this may be happening? Thanks Helena ...

CRM 3.0: Outlook Contact Synch Problem
When our users synch their CRM contacts with Outlook, it transfers all of their birthdays to their calendar. Since they have so many, this is a problem, especially for PDA users. Any way to turn just this feature off without shutting off the entire contact synch? ...

Icons change on IE tabs when using tabbed browsing
I've recently begun experiencing issues with the icons assigned to a site being changed on the tabs during tabbed browsing. For example, when clicking on NOAA on my favorites bar to look at weather from the NOAA site, I began getting the Wells Fargo icon on those tabs. The icon is still okay on my favorites bar, but now consistently shows the WF icon on tabs. I tried reassigning a new icon to NOAA, and it seemed okay for a while, but now I'm back to getting WF icons on NOAA tabs. This morning I had a lot of tabs open and suddenly my Fidelity icon was replaced by the Y...

WindowProc: combobox messages problem
In my CControlBar I have overridden the virtual WindowProc. The combobox on the controlbar displays correct and behaves well in runtime. Now, I spent a couple of hours trying to get some messages that I need, using WindowProc. This is needed because CControlBar will pass everything on to the controlbar owner, and that's not what I want. WindowProc is my way to intercept those messages. I already found out that the messages are, ehm, weird: their numbers do not match on related defines in winuser.h. To give an example: WM_COMMAND, 0x0003 functions as a WM_SETFOCUS. But WM_SETFOCUS is def...

Email Tracking Tab
A gentleman I work with has his setup so he can go into his Sent Items and look at the tracking tabs on the messages. He's had this setup and working for some time now, but recently this is no longer working. He has delivery and read receipts requested for anything he sends. I can't find any logical reason why he does not have the tracking tab anymore. I thought maybe it only applied to messages sent to multiple recipients, but I sent test messages and it didn't make any difference. Did he already process the returned Exchange receipts? When they are marked as read and ...

tab not tabbing to next cell
Tab button is moving to next page, not next cell. Is there a setting for this somewhere ? Lynn, It's trying to act like Lotus 123. Tools - Options - Transition - Transition navigation keys. Turn it off. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "lynn" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:231f01c3a92f$c1d56290$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Tab button is moving to next page, not next cell. Is there > a setting for this somewhere ? Perfect. Thanks ! >-----Original Message----- ...

Hyphenation problem when converting from Pub 2000 to Pub 2002
I have a serious problem that I hope someone can help me with. I've just been upgraded at work from Publisher 2000 to Publisher 2002. I'm finding, to my horror, than when I open my Publisher 2000 files in Publisher 2002, all the hyphenation is gone, and thus lines of text are bumped around, everything looks screwy, etc. I've checked and double-checked my hyphenation settings and everything looks okay there. So far, the only way I've found to correct the problem of the disappearing hyphens is to go through manually line-by-line and re-hyphenate. Given that I maintain several 100...

Tab order after using pop up calendar on date field
After selecting a value in a date field by using the pop up calendar, the tab order on the screen sometimes goes to the first dollar sign ($) on the screen and tabs through each dollar sign until the last one is reached and then starts tabbing through the fields starting with the first one instead of just tabbing to the next field. This happens if the cursor was in a text or number field and the value in the field was not selected (highlighted) when the calendar button was pushed. If the date was typed in to the date field (as apposed to selected using the pop up calendar) then the su...

tab order #8
can you specify a tab order in excel? for example. can I specify the folowwing tab order: b1 b2 b3 b4 b10 b11 b12 and ofcourse how? gracias -- daolb ------------------------------------------------------------------------ daolb's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24478 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=382504 Take a look at http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0008.html -- HTH Bob Phillips "daolb" <daolb.1raiyc_1119884723.3538@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:daolb.1raiy...

Scanned imports not visible in Word document
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Power PC Since upgrading to Leopard, newly imported Clipart remains hidden in Word documents, but can be viewed in Preview mode. There is the same problem with newly scanned documents and pictures scanned in from Epson Perfection 2480 PHOTO. Can anyone help me to understand why this happens and/or help me to correct the problem? Well it depends on what you mean by "hidden" - a more explicit description would be helpful here :-) My offhand guess would be that you need to make a change in Word> Preferences - Vie...

more problems with windows mail
I changed the port # for outgoing mail and it works.... but now I can't receive anything in the windows mail account. I have 1 new mail if I go directly to AOL but it doesn't come up in Windows. What do I do? Thanks again, Dave N9 for your previous help. Do you get an error message when you try to receive? If so, right-click on your error message, copy, then paste it into a reply here. We can't do much troubleshooting without the complete error message. Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) "ms" wrote in message news:39477D36-4145-45C1-B652-526E471313...

Private Folder problems on Exchange 2000
Can anyone help with this strange behaviour of Exchange 2000 on Windows 2000 server, clients using Outlook 2000. System boots and Exchange Server runs but on two users (UserA, UserB) on opening Outlook the Outlook Today folder is not expanded and if clicked to expand an error message UNABLE TO EXPAND THE FOLDER APPEARS. Both users can see full information if Web Access is used. In UserB's case he cannot open his list at all but UserA sees all his folders beginning with the letters A and B. UserA has approx. 300 folders and UserB has approx. 500 Additionally there has been an ongoing p...

worksheet tab size
I have an Excel workbook with multiple worksheets running on a HMI touchscreen display terminal. The sheet tab height is too small for easy selection with the touch screen. Changing the default font size increases the height of cells, but doesn't affect the sheet tabs. Is there any way (other than changing the display's resolution) to increase the size of the sheet tabs? >-----Original Message----- >I have an Excel workbook with multiple worksheets running >on a HMI touchscreen display terminal. The sheet tab >height is too small for easy selection with the tou...

tab textbox by a macro
I have some textbox in a user form... I start on textbox1 and then once it is filled in a click commandbuttom1.. This click will populate some data then I then would like the cursor to move to textbox2... How do I do it with a macro and not expecting user to hit tab or enter? Hi alberto, At the end of the code run by CommandButton1 insert the following. Me.TextBox2.SetFocus -- Regards, OssieMac "Alberto Ast" wrote: > I have some textbox in a user form... > I start on textbox1 and then once it is filled in a click commandbuttom1.. > This...

Print problems
For publishing a company catalogue I have chosen a template with a single start page, single end page and inbetween double sided pages obviously placed there for some kind of convenience for later laminating or stapling. My problem is that, instead of relying on my copyshop ready-printed ones, I want to be able to print this out at the company as well when I need a copy, but then double sided! My color laser is set to print duplex, so that part is 100% ok. Why does the document still print out as single-sided? What have I done wrong? Should I choose another template that is already se...