Systems Integration question

Does anyone know of any [authoritative] resources (books, papers etc) which
compare and contrast different Systems Integration technologies
(e.g. J2EE and .NET)?

In particular, I'm looking for a comprehensive comparison of several of
these techonologies.
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

"Folder Visible" Question (Exchange 2000)
Is there a way to set mailbox permissions from the exchange server (like editor, publisher etc...) specifically I am looking to set the "folder visible" option. I am trying to avoid going to every user in the company and doing this, so I am hoping I can do it while sitting at the exchange server. ...

How to lock and unlock the XP system from remote system.
Hi I am writting a program to lock and unlock the remote desptop.For this I need some help related to sending Ctrl+Alt+Del to the remote PC.Can any one help me on the issue. Regards Prashant Sharma Yes. Find something else to do with your time. You keep trying to do something that any decent security system forbids. There is already remote access. See if you can find APIs relating to remote access. But I suspect that you will discover that Windows security is going to make this task impossible. joe On Wed, 18 Apr 2007 15:19:31 +0530, "ISDC" <satish7684@hotmail.com&...

outlook 2000 integrated bayesian wanted
I want to install [ purchase is fine ] an anti-spam program that integrates into Outlook 2000 & Outlook Express 6. I want one that uses Bayesian rules. I do not want a program that one uses in place of Outlook 2000 or OE 6. Windows 2000 Pro, SP4 Thanks for your help. SpamBayes. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, wiley smith asked: | I wa...

How to impersonate to Local System Account (SYSTEM)
My service is configurated as the Administrators acount. I need to impersonate the service to Local System Account (SYSTEM) in some circumtances. How? Thanks very very much indeed lauch ...

OFFSET question #2
I seem to be having a problem using the OFFSET function. The problem seems to be that it does not work when linking to another file. Example, in file 1 I have a grid that is 5X5 filled with numbers in cells A1..E5 as follows: A B C D E 1 2 3 4 5 6 2 3 4 5 6 7 3 4 5 6 7 8 4 5 6 7 8 9 5 6 7 8 9 10 From file 2 I have set the formula as =OFFSET(A1,3,3) which should return the result of 8 (3 cols over and 3 rows down from cell A1). The formula seems to work fine as long as my source document is open but when the sourece document is closed, I get a #VALU...

OWA question #4
When I manually forward messages the message icon changes from new or opened to forwarded, but when a message is forwarded by rule, the icon doesn't indicate that it was forwarded. That leads me to question whether the message was indeed forwarded properly or just left unopened in the inbox because the message didn't necessarily meet my rules. Please indicate if there is a fix. Microsoft® Office Outlook® Web Access for Exchange Server 2003 ...

Invoking Integration Manager
Hi, I have more than one instance of GP 9.0 in my machine. I installed IM. Now I am able to invoke IM only from the standard GP instance i.e C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics\GP. But I have couple of other instances of GP 9.0 and I want to invoke IM from these instances. I tried marking "Integration Site Enabler" in Security Setup window but still not able to invoice IM. Is there any ways I can use IM from all the three instances of GP I have. Thanks, Sri You might find this conversation helpful: http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.greatplains/browse_thread/th...

dllmain question
Sorry I posted this in the ide group a couple of days ago, however I had no hits so maybe its the wrong group or there isn't enough traffic.. can someone help out? I added a vendor library to a test program I wrote. I find now I'm getting a warning and an error - warning LNK4006: _DllMain@12 already defined and later of course fatal error LNK1169: one or more multiply defined symbols found I noticed mfcs42d.lib and mfc42d.lib are both in the project.. not sure how they got there. I think the duplicate dllmain is in the mfcs42d.lib file. I see I can exclude libs and then specify the...

Integration with legacy systems
Hello there. 've seen there is an integration between Microsoft CRM and MS Great Plains. I need to do a similar integration beetween Microsoft CRM and a local System ERP named Diapason. The customer shoul be created by MS CRM. passed to the ERP. Updated tin the ERP and then updated automatically in the MS CRM. Order born in CRM. When approved, tehy should send to the ERP. The ERP create the invoice and send the invoice to MS CRM. Price list is managed by the ERP, imported in MS CRM and when updated in ERO, should be updated automatically in CRM. Customer are updated in ERP and shou...

question about Outlook vs. Outlook Express
I have a home based business and want to keep my biz emails separate from my personal emails. If I use Outlook for my biz and OE for my personal, will they conflict in any way? Will they each have separate address books? I appreciate any help or advice. :o) No, they won't conflict - and yes, they will have separate address books (in most cases; you don't mention your version of Outlook) Leslie wrote: > I have a home based business and want to keep my biz > emails separate from my personal emails. If I use Outlook > for my biz and OE for my personal, will they conflic...

eConnect serialization question
hi i have the following problem whit numeric data while integrating with econnect the following node which is generated by the serialization class <UNITPRCE>316.02</UNITPRCE> is understood as 31602 in dynamics GP i guess that the cause is that i'm using spanish languaje in sql. the workaround i found is to replace "." with "," in the xml, but i find it not a quite good solution moreover if you have many numeric fields. is there any good solution for this? thanks. Salvattore, This has nothing to do with serialization and everything to do with your ...

Trust access to visual basic project in XP systems
we have 2000 OS in some system and XP in some system .Excel in XP system not have checkbox (Trust access to visual Basic Project) for macros . Because of the this i think vb exe which is try to run excel macro are failing. can any one hlep me. This is a setting that each user must change. So I think you'll have to educate the users to change this setting before your VB program can run. kasi wrote: > > we have 2000 OS in some system and XP in some system .Excel in XP system not > have checkbox (Trust access to visual Basic Project) for macros . > Because of the this i...

excel causing system to be in low system resource
Hi all. Whenever i open my excel application, i am always prompted low system resource and have to exit the application. However all my other office applications like word, access work fine when i open them. I face similar problems before and i reinstall excel to solve the problem. Is there a better solution which can solve this problem once and for all? Thks in advance ...

IF question...
I need a formula which will allow me to accept a number if it falls within a certain range. For instance, I want the cell to recognize the number in the cell if it falls between 1 and 10. Otherwise, I want the cell to return a 0 value. Anybody? =IF(AND(A1>=1,A1<=10),what?,0) On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 19:15:06 -0700, "mailrail" <mailrail@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I need a formula which will allow me to accept a number if it falls within a >certain range. For instance, I want the cell to recognize the number in the >cell if it falls between 1 and 10....

can all the dowloads ihave in the system can they be moved
Iwant to take all downloads that have failed and all downloads that have errors with them Where would you like to take them? Buckingham Palace? "steve.vickers2010@live.co.uk" <steve.vickers2010@live.co.uk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:208855E4-BD3F-4C3D-A817-C0DC8CB6BCF9@microsoft.com... : Iwant to take all downloads that have failed and all downloads that have : errors with them Windows version is...? If you want to delete what you see in Update History, I can tell you how to do that. steve.vickers2010@live.co.uk wrote: > I...

Total Communications System & MS CRM 3.0
To Anyone: I am trying to find a complete "converged communications" system that has complete integration with MS CRM 3.0 as well as an open API that I can further integrate into my business applications. I am finding a lot of sales pitches but no hard facts and confirmed installs. Can anyone point me ? Anthony DeHart try www.genesyslabs.com ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm "Anthony" <Anthony@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D009397A-044A-482E-97F8-D2BADC9A6A15@microsoft.co...

Integration Manager Help!!
We are new to Integration manager and our company is ready to get us some training with classes. However, we cannot decide whether to take a class onsite with a company or have them come onsite and teach it. Does anyone have any recommendations either way?? There are two companies that we have been working with and have heard good recommendations from others but if anyone else has input....please let me know. We are almost tempted to do both because we see advantages to each one. Does anyone have any ideas????? thanks Barb Barb, I've had much success with ebizQ's online...

Need to recover space in SBS Exchange 2003, questions about removing users
Our store is running low on space. I've asked users to archive and purge messages until management gets around to getting me a dedicated Excahnge Enterprise server. Part of the process I'm running is to remove users that are no longer with the company. I'm using the Manage User section of Server Management. The option to delete email is checked, I click on OK and the system does its thing. The user's name eventially disappears. When I look at the Mailboxes in Exchange System Manager, the user's name is still there. How long does it take for the mailbox to be removed? Par...

File system
Hi I am havimg some problem in booting WindowCE 4.2 . The bootup failed in filesystem 1. can anyone help me how to debug the error or where area in windowce I should zoom into for susch problem The ouput of error message is given below FMD::FMD_Init FMD_ReadSector() ######## BLOCK 10 FMD_ReadSector() ######## BLOCK 10 Data Abort: Thread=8feec5d0 Proc=8e028b58 'filesys.exe' AKY=ffffffff PC=8c233c78 RA=8c233c00 BVA=04000000 FSR=00000007 Data Abort: Thread=8feec5d0 Proc=8e028b58 'filesys.exe' AKY=ffffffff PC=8c2169d8 RA=8c216a38 BVA=04000019 FSR=00000003 D...

CRM 3.0, Office 2003 Pro and Business Data Lookup snap-in question
Hi, I have a Windows XP SP2 machine with Office 2003 Pro installed, Microsoft CRM for Outlook component. I installed BDL plugin/snap-in but the snap-in doesn't show up. I read the document and still it doesn't work. I even changed the registry key LoadBehaviour and set it to value '3'. What seems to be the problem and does anybody make this BDL work? I am facing the same problem. I would apprecaite if some can help us on this. Thanks. "Benjamin Fallar III" wrote: > Hi, > > I have a Windows XP SP2 machine with Office 2003 Pro installed, > Micros...

One question about IXMLDOMDocument's method loadXML
Followed is my code: void CGOPolyline::SetSpecificInfo(LPCTSTR strXMLInfo) { IXMLDOMDocument2 *pDOMDoc; IXMLDOMNode *pDOMNode; if(FAILED(::CoCreateInstance(CLSID_DOMDocument40,NULL,CLSCTX_INPROC_SERVER, IID_IXMLDOMDocument2,reinterpret_cast<void **> (&pDOMDoc)))) { AfxMessageBox("�޷�����DOM����Ӷ��޷�����ʵ����������"); return; } if(FAILED(pDOMDoc->QueryInterface(IID_IXMLDOMNode,reinterpret_cast<void **>(&pDOMNode)))) { pDOMDoc->Release(); return; } _bstr_t bstrXML(strXMLInfo); VARIANT_BOOL varSuccess; pDOMDoc->loadXML(bstrXML,&...

Import Requisitions Into System For Approval
We have a database of registrants for different events and were hoping it was possible to import certain hotel and other expenditure requests into the requisition system for approval. Is there a way to import this data instead of manually create a requisition in the system, and then to route it for approval. Thanks for your help. Graham ...

Dot Net Question
Hi everyone, I've develop a .Net Hook and it works fine in my develop environment, but when i deploy the hook to other pc's it dosen´t work (i obtain a can create hook object message). i've register properly the hook at pc's registry, i've copy DLL to windows\system32 and then register the hook using Regasm, but still not working, anyone can help me????? Try copying it to the Store Ops directory. - Evan Culver New West Technologies Juan Acosta wrote: > Hi everyone, > > I've develop a .Net Hook and it works fine in my develop environment, but >...

using access as a content management system for documents
Hello got a question for you all, I am using access to create a content management solution. initially it seems pretty easy i would create a table for each type of document template. and the fields in the table would be the different sections within the template. the data in the fields would be the content this goes with those specific sections in the document. basically i would have a report that puts all the fields together in the correct order and export that to a word document. here is my problem.. some of my data includes bullet points Bold letter and different colors.. is there anyw...

loop question
Hi guys, my question is about looping, I have payments form and within it I have continuous subform, I have checkbox called PaidInFull on subform which I check to see if this return has been paid in full, we can have multiple partial payments or one full payment. I'm using this loop code to check if PaidInFull has been set to true in any of the records in continuous sub-form and If I find it I would exit loop and set form properties. It only works it the first record is paid in full, if 3rd record is the one that tripped paid in full checkbox it will not work and when I debug it tel...