System information using MFC and WMI???

Hi all
       I have to extract some system information using MFC and WMI.  I have
extracted some information like Add/Remove Programs, Network, username,
computer name, Processor Information, hard disks attached. But for some
information i have to use WMI. How i can use the WMI for getting information
about system hardware. Please help me by giving sample examples.

Thanks and Regards

0
darpan (2)
7/29/2005 4:45:00 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Using in Bookshop
Greetings, I was wondering if anyone is using Retail Manager in a Bookshop and if so how they went about importing new items that were supplied in ONIX or BISAC format. We get over 600 titles every month that we would want to import and would love to think that someone has already writtena script or something to import into the database the new items.? Regards ...

How to lock and unlock the XP system from remote system.
Hi I am writting a program to lock and unlock the remote desptop.For this I need some help related to sending Ctrl+Alt+Del to the remote PC.Can any one help me on the issue. Regards Prashant Sharma Yes. Find something else to do with your time. You keep trying to do something that any decent security system forbids. There is already remote access. See if you can find APIs relating to remote access. But I suspect that you will discover that Windows security is going to make this task impossible. joe On Wed, 18 Apr 2007 15:19:31 +0530, "ISDC" <satish7684@hotmail.com&...

Access the "More Addresses" Information
Here is the scenario. An account is entered into the CRM with (2) addresses. We then proceed to add all the associated addresses on the "More Addresses" tab. In my example, I have a customer with 15 locations. I don't want to enter a new account or sub-account for each location. I simply want to enter the addresses on the "More Addresses" tab. This is no problem; however, I'd now like to use the additional addresses on the CASE form so that we can capture the customer and address of the service request. I'd also like to do a group by on these addre...

What's the CreateDialogIndirect() function used for?
Hello, All: I am here having met a problem that my code likes following cannot run out, and when I debugged this,I found that would have a proble at calling CreateDialogIndirect() function in CDialog::CreateDialogIndirect() ,and indeed,it's wrong at BOOL CWnd::CreateDlgIndirect(LPCDLGTEMPLATE lpDialogTemplate, CWnd* pParentWnd, HINSTANCE hInst) function by using a global function like this: // create modeless dialog AfxHookWindowCreate(this); hWnd = ::CreateDialogIndirect(hInst, lpDialogTemplate, pParentWnd->GetSafeHwnd(), AfxDlgProc); I don't know why it likes this,is ther...

How to impersonate to Local System Account (SYSTEM)
My service is configurated as the Administrators acount. I need to impersonate the service to Local System Account (SYSTEM) in some circumtances. How? Thanks very very much indeed lauch ...

Integration with legacy systems
Hello there. 've seen there is an integration between Microsoft CRM and MS Great Plains. I need to do a similar integration beetween Microsoft CRM and a local System ERP named Diapason. The customer shoul be created by MS CRM. passed to the ERP. Updated tin the ERP and then updated automatically in the MS CRM. Order born in CRM. When approved, tehy should send to the ERP. The ERP create the invoice and send the invoice to MS CRM. Price list is managed by the ERP, imported in MS CRM and when updated in ERO, should be updated automatically in CRM. Customer are updated in ERP and shou...

What to use
I have worksheet with foods with many nutrients. Another worksheet has days of week, meals are entered and the nutrients of each meal are totaled for the day and week. Using formulas with the Lookup functions is alot of work and this would be easier if the foods were treated as objects. I've never used VBA, would it help here? Quite honestly, this sounds more like an application for a database than for Excel. Have you considered using Access? It does more intuitively what Excel requires VBA to do. ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "denton" <dento...

Getting informed of CRichEditCtrl Events
Hi, how can I be informed if the user scrolls up or down a dynamically created CRichEditCtrl inside a CView window? Which event is the right one? Regards, Max "a" <a@b.c> wrote in message news:%23FtnB8hxDHA.3140@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > how can I be informed if the user scrolls up or down a dynamically created > CRichEditCtrl inside a CView window? Which event is the right one? Start with this one, and see if it does what you want... http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/shellcc/platform/commctls/editcontrols/editcontrolre...

can all the dowloads ihave in the system can they be moved
Iwant to take all downloads that have failed and all downloads that have errors with them Where would you like to take them? Buckingham Palace? "steve.vickers2010@live.co.uk" <steve.vickers2010@live.co.uk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:208855E4-BD3F-4C3D-A817-C0DC8CB6BCF9@microsoft.com... : Iwant to take all downloads that have failed and all downloads that have : errors with them Windows version is...? If you want to delete what you see in Update History, I can tell you how to do that. steve.vickers2010@live.co.uk wrote: > I...

MJPEG codec confusion using VFW (MCIWndPlay)
Hi, I have an MFC app that displays my pics and movies in a separate modeless dialog box. My old camera created QuickTime movies. I use Apple's SDK to create a player inside a dialog box to play. My new camera (Canon) creates AVI files and need to update my app to handle these files. After looking at a couple of options, it appeared the simplest API to use was VFW. However when I call MCIWndPlay() and try to play the file, I get a missing codec error (mjpeg). I have WinXP SP2. Windows Media Player (version 10) can play the file, so "a" codec is installed. Does VFW use di...

using offset with charting
how can I use the offset function to select the starting row and ending row of a range I wish to chart. I have 100 rows but I wish to select any 10 consecutive rows to chart, by, say, typing 7 into cell A1, so that the chart displays rows 7 to 16. thanks Hi Bob, From a very recent post on the same subject. Jon Peltier has a collection of examples, http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Dynamics.html As does Tushar Mehta, http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/newsgroups/dynamic_charts/index.html Cheers Andy bob farey wrote: > how can I use the offset function to select the starting &g...

Trust access to visual basic project in XP systems
we have 2000 OS in some system and XP in some system .Excel in XP system not have checkbox (Trust access to visual Basic Project) for macros . Because of the this i think vb exe which is try to run excel macro are failing. can any one hlep me. This is a setting that each user must change. So I think you'll have to educate the users to change this setting before your VB program can run. kasi wrote: > > we have 2000 OS in some system and XP in some system .Excel in XP system not > have checkbox (Trust access to visual Basic Project) for macros . > Because of the this i...

Can I use the same footer for multiple worksheets in same workboo.
Is there a way to format multiple worksheets in a workbook to have the same custom footer without having to setup each worksheet separately? There's a couple of ways. If you already have a sheet set-up with your footer, select that sheet. Now, hold <Ctrl>, and click in the tabs of all the other sheets that you wish to have the same footer. When they're all selected (Grouped - tabs are white), and the main sheet's name is also "bold", meaning it's the sheet of focus, then: <File> <PageSetup> <OK> And *all* the selected sheets will have the ...

Formatting page header/footer using cell values.
Hello experts! Excel has a nice option to format various parts of a chart using cell values. Can the same be done for headers/footers, e.g. that the header displays value of cell A5. Thanks, Marko. Hi Marko, Try this... ActiveSheet.PageSetup.CenterFooter = Range("A5").Value Regards Ankur/Kanchan www.xlmacros.com Pygmalion wrote: > Hello experts! > > Excel has a nice option to format various parts of a chart using cell > values. Can the same be done for headers/footers, e.g. that the header > displays value of cell A5. > > Thanks, Marko. Thanks! ...

excel causing system to be in low system resource
Hi all. Whenever i open my excel application, i am always prompted low system resource and have to exit the application. However all my other office applications like word, access work fine when i open them. I face similar problems before and i reinstall excel to solve the problem. Is there a better solution which can solve this problem once and for all? Thks in advance ...

can i create a guestbook using microsoft publisher?
I am trying to create a web page with a guestbook for visitors to sign. Can I create a guestbook using microsoft publisher 2007? Quicker answers may be found at microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign ? "Jill B" <Jill B@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ED514120-CB19-4E64-9E0B-865140EB0B84@microsoft.com... >I am trying to create a web page with a guestbook for visitors to sign. Can >I > create a guestbook using microsoft publisher 2007? Jill, No. A guestbook will require (at least in most cases) a database as well as either php or asp. Try www.sou...

I can't edit information on my form in Access. Any ideas?
I'm unable to edit any information on my form. All controls are unlocked and enabled, the tables are properly linked and the information shows up, but when I try to edit, it just makes a clicking sound. Editing Data in a Form wrote: > I'm unable to edit any information on my form. All controls are > unlocked and enabled, the tables are properly linked and the > information shows up, but when I try to edit, it just makes a > clicking sound. Nearly always means that your form's RecordSource is a query that does not allow edits (most don't). If you used the wizar...

Total Communications System & MS CRM 3.0
To Anyone: I am trying to find a complete "converged communications" system that has complete integration with MS CRM 3.0 as well as an open API that I can further integrate into my business applications. I am finding a lot of sales pitches but no hard facts and confirmed installs. Can anyone point me ? Anthony DeHart try www.genesyslabs.com ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm "Anthony" <Anthony@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D009397A-044A-482E-97F8-D2BADC9A6A15@microsoft.co...

File system
Hi I am havimg some problem in booting WindowCE 4.2 . The bootup failed in filesystem 1. can anyone help me how to debug the error or where area in windowce I should zoom into for susch problem The ouput of error message is given below FMD::FMD_Init FMD_ReadSector() ######## BLOCK 10 FMD_ReadSector() ######## BLOCK 10 Data Abort: Thread=8feec5d0 Proc=8e028b58 'filesys.exe' AKY=ffffffff PC=8c233c78 RA=8c233c00 BVA=04000000 FSR=00000007 Data Abort: Thread=8feec5d0 Proc=8e028b58 'filesys.exe' AKY=ffffffff PC=8c2169d8 RA=8c216a38 BVA=04000019 FSR=00000003 D...

Anyone using BrightStor High-Availability ?
Is anyone using CA's BrightStor High-Availability application with an exchange server? Any comments? Thanks. ...

using access as a content management system for documents
Hello got a question for you all, I am using access to create a content management solution. initially it seems pretty easy i would create a table for each type of document template. and the fields in the table would be the different sections within the template. the data in the fields would be the content this goes with those specific sections in the document. basically i would have a report that puts all the fields together in the correct order and export that to a word document. here is my problem.. some of my data includes bullet points Bold letter and different colors.. is there anyw...

Recently Used Fonts List
I have a new HP computer with Windows 7 installed as well as Microsoft Office 2007. In both Word and in Excel, I did not have the "Recently Used Fonts List" which I missed because it is a pain scrolling all the way to the bottom for my favorite font. I was able to fix the issue in Word, but I cannot seem to do so in Excel. Does anyone know how to make the Recently Used Fonts appear in Excel 07? ...

Mailbox lockdown to internal use only
I have Win2003 Exchange site and need to lockdown a single Outlook client so only internal email can be used. I assume this has something to do with locking down smtp on the individual mailbox? -- Mr. Burnout "ManWell2005" <ManWell2005@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CCF68FF1-FFAB-42D9-9E77-129029512290@microsoft.com... >I have Win2003 Exchange site and need to lockdown a single Outlook client >so > only internal email can be used. I assume this has something to do with > locking down smtp on the individual mailbox? > -- > Mr. Burnout ...

Import Requisitions Into System For Approval
We have a database of registrants for different events and were hoping it was possible to import certain hotel and other expenditure requests into the requisition system for approval. Is there a way to import this data instead of manually create a requisition in the system, and then to route it for approval. Thanks for your help. Graham ...

MFC Feature Pack
I see that Microsoft have released and "MFC Feature Pack" as a sort of "extra" for MFC 9.0 It seems to have an awful lot of new stuff. Apparently it includes quite basic, but very useful, stuff like button classes with images, text, and tool tips (for which, in this case, I have developed my own DIY classes). Is there any reason why it has been released as an add on, and not part of the MFC library itself? Does anyone have any experience with it? Recommendations? [I am wondering whether it may have something which will solve the toolbar appearance problems I ...