Suggestion field

Hello, does anyone know how they call the suggestion field that appears at the explorer bar when you type an address. Or appears when you double-click on a username field. I would like to create something like that; maybe someone knows how to do that. It's probably simple but because I don't know the exact English word for it, it's hard to find.
Thanks.
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

You might want to take a look at IAutoComplete.  Here is an interesting
article that talks about it a bit.

Tom

http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/0800/c/default.aspx

"Woestenburg" <Woestenburg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello, does anyone know how they call the suggestion field that appears at
the explorer bar when you type an address. Or appears when you double-click
on a username field. I would like to create something like that; maybe
someone knows how to do that. It's probably simple but because I don't know
the exact English word for it, it's hard to find.
> Thanks.

0
tserface (3860)

Add remark to listed values of fields on report 05-24-07
I made a report with 6 subreports on it to show the total count of the variable values of 6 fields in a table. It's briefly illustrated as follows: Total No. of participant: 50 (Records in the table) Occupation Category: ( a Field in the table) Education 15 Medical 23 Business 12 Registration: ( a Field in the table) Email 18 Phone 12 Other 20 My boss wanted me to include a remark next to the count for the listed value of ea...

Outlook 2003-Failing remember name when typing into the To: field
I just got Outlook 2002 and I was informed that when you send a message and typing in the To: field that if you have emailed someone before it would remember the name. For example: If I send an email to Shawn Hedrick the next time I send one I would only have to type maybe the first few letter and then it would prefill the rest. Does anyone know about this or how to set this up? tools, options, email options, advanced options - is suggest names checked? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStar...

Exclude a field from WHERE clause, if null
Hi all, I'm new to access - sorry, will you help ? I want to exclude a form field from the SQL query, if it is left blank. I do NOT want to set the field as 'Required' , just ignore it as a filter, in case it left blank. Is there a way to do this ? Currently, I get exceptions, due to NULL values. Thanks (please post here - my email is no good) "AAA" <a@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:O9fb6WMbIHA.208@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hi all, > > I'm new to access - sorry, will you help ? > I want to exclude a form field from the SQL que...

error when importing leads with customized fields
We are trying to import leads on crm 3.0. we have to custom fields promonal_originebd promonal_origine2 both varchar 100. then when we import the leads always are getting an error that say "can't import to lead because promona_originebd doesn't exist". But when we are binding the fields we can see the customized fields. any idea have you published your customizations? Dave "ernesto" <ernesto@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C96F8897-BA37-4A00-8077-44F6840B5C32@microsoft.com... > We are trying to import leads on crm 3.0. we have to ...

Field Service #3
Hi all Has anybody had this problem in field service. 1) I create a couple of new service calls 2) I add parts to them 3) I then go to inventory requirements and mark p = po and c = consolidate then create PO It is important to note that I am purchasing from the same supplier. In the next screen I make sure that the first record is not marked for consolidation and the rest are ( which means the firts record should create a new PO and the rest should add lines to the PO. However this is not the case Field service will at random create all as new po's or next time round will create 2 new...

How to create a record after filling the fields
Hi I would like to know how to create a record (After filling the fields) without creating a new blank record(newrec). I need to create a record after I fill the fields and when I press ENTER Access needs to give ID for this record .(Whithout creating a new blank record afterwards). Thanks In the event code of the control on the form that you want to cause the record to be saved: Me.Dirty=False HTH -- -Larry- -- "Chipcom" <bz1977@gmail.com> wrote in message news:4e93e98d-d093-4389-996e-df8ddfa974b6@o6g2000hsd.googlegroups.com... > Hi > > I would like to kn...

Removing the Contract fields from the Case/Incident form
I am trying to remove the contract fields from the Case/Incident form under Form Customization in CRM and the system will not let me do it. Every time I try to delete the field I get a system error saying - The field you are trying to remove is required by the system or business or an event dependent field. I cannot find any dependencies that would be preventing the removal, but obviously I am overlooking something. I have tried removing any mappings from the schema, but maybe I didn't get everything there... I don't know. Any assistance on this would be greatly appreciated....

BCM and custom fields
I have a question regarding Business Contact Manager. Some other postings (mostly over a year or two old) say that custo fields cannot be added to Accounts in BCM. But that it was on th short list of items to be included in future upgrades. (ie http://www.officehelp.in/showthread.php?t=73662) However, using the method below, it seems as if somehow I can add field...but I just cannot access a way to view to it. What is th latest word on if I can add a custom field to an Account? -Just as in regular OUTLOOK, your can create a custom field by going t the View menu, go to Arrange By, click...

How to add additional field in address book
Besides what the default view of address book which is: Name, Business Phone, Office, Title, Company, Alias, Email Type, Email Address. How can I add additional filed such as Mobile phone in the address book. Any help is appreciated. If you're talking about the tabular view, there is no known way to do that except to write your own Outlook Address Book DLL. Don't ask me how you would do that. -- Ed Crowley Celebrating a decade of Exchange peer support "Hasher" <Hasher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A659B4F1-97A5-4C3A-9B59-3857C96E4D9F@mic...

Common field for all transactions in a invoice voucher batch
I need to find a common identifier on all transactions within a given invoice voucher batch that's unique to each batch that's created. On the pabables transaction posting journal report, it lists the audit trail code, which I've traced back to both tables 20000 and 30200, depending on whether the invoice has been paid or not. How do I join these two tables? Audit Trail Code is not the field you are looking for and the word "join" is incorrectly used in your question given the nature of these two tables. The PM Transaction Open table (PM20000) can only be unione...

Text field validation 11-17-04
I am trying to add a function that will validate a text field in CRM Account form. I need to call that function whenever the users enter a value in the text field. I know there are no events for text fields. Where should I define the validate function? It it in wwwroot\SFA\accts\edit.aspx or acct_cont.js file? This function will not be called from OnLoad event. I want to create the function that will simulate as KeyPress (or) OnChange event? Appreciate your responses Thanks. If you search on the history of this group via Google, you will find a few posts that outline options for addi...

eConnect newbie
I'm sending SOP invoices from a web store to Great Plains Dynamics 7.0 via eConnect 7.0 (eConnect_API class eConnect_EntryPoint method). I'm calling the eConnect assembly from a C# web service that will receive the incoming SOP transactions as XML. I'm only supplying XML schemas for the invoice header and detail lines of each transaction. That all works fine. The issue I have is with SOPNUMBE. It should be, in my case at least, an incrementing number. There is a table in Great Plains, SOP40200, that contains a record with the last SOPNUMBE used. However, I wish to avoid touc...

Pivot table field viewing; how to view all not shown items?
I have a pivot table and want to show all not shown items, see pivot example below: x y total xx y 1 z 2 a 1 I want pivot to show in column "A" the "xx" data.. x y total xx y 1 xx z 2 xx a 1 Any micro that I can use to do this? Thanks!!! The row headings show once in a Pivot Table, and there's no setting you can change, to force them to repeat. To create a table with a heading on each row, you could copy the pivot table, paste it as values in another location, a...

Display field from entity 3 in entity 1... See the question.. : )
I have entity 1, linked to entity 2 by a *-1 relationship. Entity 2 is linked to entity 3 by a *-1 relationship too. I want to display a field from entity 3 in entity 1. Is that possible? Thanks Hi, To point you a littlebit into the direction of a solution. You could make a webservice on top of the crm server providing the data. Pass the ID of the current record to the webservice. Next retrieve the data by programming a littlebit JavaScript on the onload event of the form of entity 1. This is like Ajax technolgoy. Best regards, Merijn van Mourik "m1sterd" wrote: > I h...

New field in Workflow manager
Hi! I have added new schema field in Deployment Manager. I can see it also in CRM application and add this field in form, but I can not work with this field in Workflow manager. Can You help me someone with this problem? Thanks. Dusan Hrusovsky. Did you restart the workflow service? if not, try that and restart the wf manager. That should help. Regards, shashi. "Dusan Hrusovsky" wrote: > Hi! > > I have added new schema field in Deployment Manager. I can see it also in > CRM application and add this field in form, but I can not work with this > field in Work...

checkbox to enable/diable other fields
Hi all, I have a check box on my form called "Permits" that if checked I would like a button to appear that will allow users to view the permit info. If the box is unchecked I want the button to be invisible. Thanks in advance to this awesome group for your help. Andrew J. Brofman Chief Fire Marshal Lake Grove, NY The Checkbox needs to be bound to a Yes/No field in your underlying table, with the Default Value set as = No. The Visible Property for the command button (called ViewPermits in this example) has to be set to No. Then place this code in the form's code module: ...

OWA password change fields not pre-filled...
I have enabled OWA password change and followed several KB's. This is running Win2k03 and Exchnage 2003 sp2 single server (no be fe) Anyway.. it seems to work.. except none of the fields get passed to the password change form. (aexp2b.asp) IOW... the fields are all empty. I have read the KB that describes an issue with the iispwchg.dll (register dll) that addresses an issue where part of the domain or userid might be truncated and I have changed the IISADMPWD virtual directory to use the ExchangeApplicationPool. etc..etc... No joy.. I'm not sure how to debug this ????? ...

Can not apply filter on one or more fields specified on Filter pro
Hi, there, I have a subform embedded in a main form. In my code I apply some filter to the subform based on selections on main form. When I do "Loc_No = xxxx" it works fine. When I put filter like "Loc_No IN (Select LocID FROM Location WHERE City = xxx" it gives me error message "Cannot apply filter on one or more fields specified on Filter property." I don't know why. Anybody had same problem before? Thanks! Is the table in the sub form related to the table in the main form? Do you have the Link Master Field(s) and Link Child Field(s) set the the fi...

How do I enter a field with the current time + six hours?
I am making a macro for printing medication labels. I need to have an expiration time on the label and would like it to be the current time + 6 hours. How can I structure the field to do this? I would put a { docvariable exptime } field in the label where you want the time to appear and in your code use With ActiveDocument .Variables("exptime").Value = Format(DateAdd("h", 6, Now), "h:mm am/pm") .Range.Fields.Update .PrintOut End With You must use Ctrl+F9 to insert the field delimiters around the docvariable field and use Alt+F9 to t...

"From" AND "To" fields on all new folders in Outlook
Why doesn't Outlook always show "From" AND "To" fields on all new folders created in both Outlook's INBOX and SENT ITEMS folders. I'm always having to use field chooser to add the missing field. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message...

Portfolio not updating "today's change" & "last updated" fields
Does anybody know why portfolio is not updating these fields? I don't know why and I am also getting the same problem. Frank "evy38" <evy38@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5803A226-1FF0-4675-BD78-10BB49F6CD94@microsoft.com... > Does anybody know why portfolio is not updating these fields? ...

Filter a Reports calculated field
I have a report that draws data from various tables, and makes some calculations with information from the tables. I need to run a report that will automatically filter the calculated field eg. The report will only show the records > 10% Is this possible using SQL and if so how? Andy Gibson wrote: >I have a report that draws data from various tables, and makes some >calculations with information from the tables. > >I need to run a report that will automatically filter the calculated field >eg. The report will only show the records > 10% > >Is this possible ...

Link field
Hi all I am trying to creat a form where if i select the site name from the combo box the address box is populated automaticaly from the master table -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/200708/1 Forgot to mention i am using access 2003 Rkapoor wrote: >Hi all I am trying to creat a form where if i select the site name from the >combo box the address box is populated automaticaly from the master table -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/200708/1 Have the Row ...

add criteria to field that is based on named field
Sorry if this posting shows up twice, I think my first post attempt crashed... I think I am missing something fundamental but I do not know what. I don't know what this issue could potentially be called so searching forums has not been helpful. Setup 1.Start new select query, add any table so that query can be run 2.setup the following ----------------|---------------|--------------- |field1 |field2 ----------------|---------------|--------------- field |Expr1: 1+1 |Expr2: [Expr1] Criteria | | ----------------|---------------|---------------...

Date expired = invisible fields
I need to make a form (with VBA codes) where i have some fields from a table (tblUsers) when the "expiredate" is lower then the current date (fldExpire) it has to make the fields on the form invisible. I already made the field continuous, but the problem is that when the "expiredate" is lower then this date or not it makes all fields invisible, even if it's one. Also, I got some field ID's. but the first ID is 4 and i can't change it back to 1 also when I add a new one at the end and it's gets like ID 12, after I delete it, so my last ID n� is 11,...