Subclassing in property pages

I have tree-like combo box subclassed in my property page (derived from
CPropertyPage).
It works fine until I drop list and move property sheet, then drop down list
stays at the same place whilst rest of dialog (property sheet) was moved.
I guess that this is something with ownership but how to fix it.

This is how I subclass combo:

BOOL ParentSettings::OnInitDialog()
{
    CPropertyPage::OnInitDialog();

    ctlComboTree.SubclassDlgItem(IDC_PARENTS, this);

    return (TRUE);
}

ParentSettings class is derived from CPropertyPage. I created dialog
associated with property pade using resource editor. ctlComboTree variable
is member of ParentSettings.

0
news
4/14/2004 1:56:48 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

"news.microsoft.com @hotmail.com>" <ba_tornado<remove this> wrote in message
> I have tree-like combo box subclassed in my property page (derived from
> CPropertyPage).
> It works fine until I drop list and move property sheet, then drop down
list
> stays at the same place whilst rest of dialog (property sheet) was moved.
> I guess that this is something with ownership but how to fix it.
In an old MSDN from October 2001, I found article Q136302 with the same
problem described. The problem occurred with 16-bit Windows, and I can't
believe that it is still applicable on my XP box.

0
ja

Subclassing
Hello, Im very new to c++ programming so pardon me if this is a dumb question and my bad english. I made a subclass from CListBox. I want to handle all the list controls derived from this class on one function, for example, void CListBox_SC::OnRButtonUp(UINT nFlags, CPoint point) { ..... } on this function I want to manage the OnRButtonUp event, and with a switch or if statement, select the code to execute. The following does work: SetCurSel(ItemFromPoint(point, ifp)); but the following comparison is never true, (IDC_LST_TIPO is a resource for one of the ListBoxes) UINT currLst = It...

How do I get 4 postcards per page (blank -- me create)
If all the cards will be different. File, page setup, landscape. Arrange, zero margins, grid guides, 2 columns, 2 rows. zero spacing. Understand your printer's margin limitations. If all the cards will be the same, page setup, postcards. If you are using 2007, use the first landscaped Avery template. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "how do i ?" <how do i ?@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3230BC40-86FD-4937-81A5-64D3AA3A8B1F@microsoft.com... > I see how to do what you s...

Custom Drawing CEdit : Subclassing
Hello experts, My objective is simple, but I'm not entirely sure what needs tweaking. I am using MSVC 6, and I would like to subclass the CEdit box so that it appears as the color-picker editbox of a PropertyGrid. There is a color box followed by three values. Like this: [###] 255; 192; 192 Where ### is just a color box representation of the value. So thus far, I've made a masked CEdit box, where I can edit the numbers (or click a button that visually sets the numbers from a different window), and I'm happy with that - but what I would like to do next is to subclass the dra...

Help with subclassing a RichEditCtrl
Hi folks, I could use some help. As a side project I am trying to write a DLL that will extend the functionality of an existing application that I do not have source code for, i.e., some autocompletion functionality, word lookup, etc. In the actual DLL, I am going to have to inject it into the existing app and then use FindWindow or something like that to subclass the existing RichEditCtrl. I need to be able to process the WM_CHAR and WM_KEYDOWN messages only. I started out by creating my own sample project using a RichEditCtrl in my project to code my object. I've now moved everythin...

Add Property Management
A Property Management section or module should be added to Great Plains. In the past, we have struggled with external applications which really sell an inventory item (office square footage) to a Tenant (Customer) on a recurring basis. The external application then has to be merged to GP via journal entries every month. With a tightly integrated PM solution the square footage could be billed on a monthly basis and Leases could be maintained. Thanks ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for thi...

one field value to a page
I have a field CHSTOR that has 5 different stores I want to put one store to a page Cheers!! On Tue, 1 Jun 2010 20:21:01 -0700, Norm <Norm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a field CHSTOR that has 5 different stores I want to put one store to >a page > >Cheers!! Use the Report's Sorting and Grouping; group by CHSTOR; and put a Page Break control in the footer for that group. -- John W. Vinson [MVP] Thanks John...I was afraid it was that easy "John W. Vinson" wrote: > On Tue, 1 Jun 2010 20:21:01 -0700, Norm ...

RMS Store Ops should have a Related Items Tab in Item properties
RMS Store Ops 1.3 There should be a tab in item properties to set-up related items. This would be very useful if you're using software, like Nitrosell, to sync RMS with your webstore. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Busine...

How do you merge two multiple page publisher documents
I have a monthly newsletter that is created in two parts - the first half is the "news" and the second half is compiled of event notices and fliers. I need to be able to join the two multi-page documents, both in Publisher, into one complete document. How do I do this? There are a couple of ways here, not for the faint of heart http://msauer.mvps.org/combining_publisher_documents.htm You can copy/paste or open both Publisher files, tile them, drag and drop. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "SanDee" <SanDee@discussions.microsoft.com>...

OLEobject properties at run time
Good afternon, my question is, how can I change the OLEobject properties of a textbox control at run time? any suggestions? ActiveSheet.OLEObjects("textbox1").Object.BackColor = &H8080FF is one way. User wrote: > > Good afternon, my question is, how can I change the OLEobject properties of > a textbox control at run time? > > any suggestions? -- Dave Peterson Thanks for responding, in my case I need to change the property "EnterKeyBehavior" to true, how make it? Besides, how make for viewing the diferent methods and properties that it ex...

"eco" option to reduce paper (1st page only, max margin, font, re.
People are lazy, so they don't think on the best option before printing, i suggest creating an option to use printers on a more "eco" way by default. for example more and more people reply on each other mail, and we don´t print, but when we do, generally we only need the last message and we get all the mail (7, 8 pages to waste if we manage to stop before the 20 get out), if an "eco" option could be select, only the 1st page would came out, (or the one on the screen), with maybe other setings like using margins to the max, a smaller font with readabi...

template + page numbers
I have a template with a cell reserved for the page number. I need to print the template 200 times with the page number incrementing for each page printed. In other words, the first page printed to read 1, second page 2, the third 3, etc. How can I get this cell to increment 1 for each page printed. Thank you in advance. You could use the workbook_beforeprint() event to increment the cell Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean) Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("A1").Value = _ Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("A1").Value + 1 End Sub See ...

WM_CREATE for a subclass
Hi All, I am fairly new to C++, although I have developed OO windows applications in the past using CTD and Power Builder. I am developeing an edit class based on a CEdit. I am trying to trap the WM_CREATE message to modify the style of the window (i.e. to make is multiline). For some reason the control does not appear to be getting the WM_CREATE message ( or at least it is not implementing the handler I have for it). At present I create an edit control on a form and the Subclass the edit. This appears to work as my user defined menu is used and my color modifications appear as requir...

Save as Web Page #3
Each time I save my workbook as an Excel workbook, I need to Save As a Web Page, so that the information is available on the company intranet. Is there a way I can automate this, so that instead of clicking Save, then clicking Save As Web Page, and navigating to the web folder, then closing the web page version, and re-opening the excel version to continue my work, can I run a macro, or something a bit less cumbersome? Couldn't you record a macro when you do it once manually. Then just replay that macro when you need to do it again (and again and again). File|SaveAs|webpage foll...

Create Reports Using Classifications (such as "Properties")
I have used the Classifications feature to separate bills I receive for my home and bills I receive for my rental property. When I try to view reports for my property classification, I only get to see the last 6 months. How can I expand the report to view the entire year? I would like some tips to manipulate the data according to classifications so I can generate different types of reports. Thank you for your help. Aaron I assume you have set the date (or it defaulted to) to the last 6 months. Whn you generate the report, select customize and change the date rage. You can also s...

tabbed property pages on wizard based sheet.
I have a wizard based property sheet. There are 3 pages in it. On the 3rd page, I want to have different tabbed property pages. Is it possible? I don't understand your question. Your sheet has three tabs on it. When the third tab is active, what is it that you are wanting to do to the tabs (i.e., change their text)? "vadi" <vadiraj_br@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1c6174f7.0310090331.17e9cb6@posting.google.com... > I have a wizard based property sheet. There are 3 pages in it. On the > 3rd page, I want to have different tabbed property pages. Is it > possibl...

Can't view PF properties
When ever I try to get to my public folder properties I first get a "Enter Network Password" dialog box. I try to type in the Admin password 4x and than get the error message: Access Denied. Facility: Win32 ID no: 80070005 Exchange Service Manager I am trying to get to the properties screen to give a user permissions to the folder. Can anyone help ...

How do I do multiple charts on the same page? Is there a merge fu #2
I have several charts to on students and want them to be on the same page. How do I do this? Also, is there a merge application within Excel that would enable me to merge names of students into the graphs without doing each one separately? ...

fonts on web pages
In article <ee853a2.28@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw>, margot <> wrote: > I just installed office 2008, and when i go to websites the titles are > jumbled and when i tried to registered my font was illegible. i was wondering > if anyone knows how to fix this. thank you so much. <br> > -m Office 2008 doesn't include a web browser, so I don't see how your web problem has much to do with Office. -- Note: Please send all responses to the relevant news group. If you must contact me through e-mail, let me know when you send email to this address so that your ...

Subreport Information Prints on Separate Page
I’ve written a report that has one sub report within it. When I preview the report in Visual Studio 2005 or run the report through CRM 4.0 everything appears like it should on the screen (it appears on a single page). Now, when I print the report after running it through CRM it prints out on two pages. The first page contains all of the main report data, and the second page shows only the information from the sub-report. What I would like to happen is for it to print out like the preview shows, all on one page. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Tim You s...

How to increase font size in page number selection tool bar
Trying to number pages of chapters of complete book. All works when I select option from Page number selection on each chapteruntil I get to one particular chapter. When I select same selection in that one that selection produces font number that is too small and I am unable to change it back to the same as the selection in the other chapters. What am I doing wrong? Exactly how have you tried to change this to match the other sections? Have you tried Ctrl+Spacebar to remove any manual formatting? Have you tried copy and paste a page number field from another section into thi...

Editing protected (?!) properties on a master
Hi everyone, I'm having trouble editing some properties when creating new master. I'll give an example, but it's a generic problem. 1) Open "Servers" stencil under Networks and lookup icon representing the database server (has a small blue cylinder) 2) I normally create a new master by dragging the shape onto the drawing and then back to my own stencil 3) Now all I want is to change the colour of the cylinder from blue to say yellow (after ungrouping the whole master) I can't seem to be able to do that. It would be nice to know what keeps me from doing that ...

Window properties in MFC
I am attempting to set my main window (MFC generated) with certain attributes. Here is the list. 1. Borderless 2. No title/caption bar 3. No resize 4. No taskbar button So far, I have the border down to almost nothing, but as soon as it is resized, it appears (once the scrollbars appear). TF "TF" <nomail@spamme.com> wrote in message news:uBUD30uAFHA.2180@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... >I am attempting to set my main window (MFC generated) with certain > attributes. Here is the list. > > 1. Borderless > 2. No title/caption bar > 3. No resize > 4. No taskba...

How can I print a frame corresponding to page margins?
How can I print a frame corresponding to page margins? ...

Looking for Front Page
A few years ago I used Front Page to set up and maintain my website. This weekend I set up my new computer and I downloaded Office 2007 and there is NO Front Page? What can I do? ...

Subclassing CWinThread
I created a subclass of CWinThread - no big deal! Now, what I would like to do is use that subclass as a base class for a couple of other, more specialized classes. How can I do this? If I create a subclass as a generic C++ class, then I'm running into the assertion, "Invalid Address specified to RtlValidateHeap( 00940000, 0042DBA0 )" when I post the quit message to the thread. I assume this might have something to do with the virtual/non-virtual constructor combination of the MFC class and the generic C++ class. Any thoughts? Create more subclasses of CWinThread, then ...