stack overflow problem with _bstr_t data type

According to MSDN description, passing a lengthy string( of type char*)  to a
_bstr_t data type may result a stack overflow error.
So, why it happens, and what is the maximum length of the string that we can
pass

thanks in advance,

Naren

0
Naren1 (60)
2/22/2005 11:41:02 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Importing problem
We recently installed an exchange server and I am importing my calendar items into the Outlook running on the exchange server from Outlook running on my PC. When I import the calendar items all the appointments are one hour off from the original. I checked the time and time zone on the exchange server and it is the same as the PC. Does anyone know how to fix this? You need to check both time zone and daylight saving time settings in both Windows and Outlook. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the ne...

Problem with some installers
Hello, I am using Win 7 Ultimate x64. Since recently, I am having a problem with some installers (not all). It seems that all installers that cause problems are a) UPX packed b) based on InstallShield When starting the installer, I first get: "Insufficient free disk space" (I have over 3TB free though!) and then: "Cannot prepare main package. Probably incorrect TMP/TEMP variables or there is no execute permission for temporary folder." The variables TMP and TEMP are set correctly and execute permissions are set for the temporary folder. S...

Creating new contacts from account -problem
I was reading couple of posts but culdnt find any solution. whenever i create new contact from account , i get the error "The parameter is incorrect". I have checked the mapping between account and contact and i dont find anything different . anyone got this to work? regards and thanks Aami The detail error message = The parameter is incorrect. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Argument...

Code problem
The below Auto_Close is suppose to restore the screen display and workbook tabs (toolbars and tabs visible again)when the user closes the window by clicking the "X" button. Auto_Close doesn't work. Can someone help me with the code? I have included the Auto_Open that turns off full screen and tabs, in case it has something to do with why Auto_Close doesn't work. Sub Auto_Open() Dim ws As Worksheet Application.ScreenUpdating = False Application.DisplayFullScreen = True For Each ws In Worksheets If ws.Visible = xlSheetVisible Then w...

Outlook 97 startup problems
Trying to startup outlook 97 I get the following message: The program is not registrated right. Install setup again. Cannot find the file. Check that the path or filename are correct. Does someone have an idea howe I can fix this problem? ...

xs:dateTime and timezone problems
Not sure if this is an xml or a ado.net question: I have created an xml document from a .net dataset which contains a DateTime column, however all the time elements are set to 00:00:00. example of xml created: <Date>2005-06-03T00:00:00.0000000+01:00</Date> I am based in the UK and my computer timezone is set to GMT (although the above data may have been created during DST). If I load this xml document back into a dataset and save the results into a sql table, I find that the time element remains zero (regardless of it being DST or not). If I change my computer timezone to Sydne...

Problem with Outlook Tasks
Hello there, Over the last two weeks I've been having a problem with entering in Tasks in Outlook 2003 SP2. When I try to save a task, I receive the generic error - Please save the task order by clicking save task order on the actions menu in the "tasks" folder. The view must not be filtered or grouped for save taks order to be available. Could not complete the operation. One or more parameter values are not valid. The steps I've taken to resolve this have been Save Task order fails Uninstalling Office 2003 SP1 with a reg clean Exporting all tasks to a PST leaving a c...

Stacked bars with textlegends in each stacked bar
Hi Group I wonder if this can be done. Data like this A | 0 | 3 B | 3 | 0 C | 2 | 3 1' column is legend 2' column is values to Y axis (this shoul have "1" (first stacked bar) on the X axis) 3' column is values to Y axis (this shoul have "2" (second stacked bar) on the X axis) Here I would like to have 2 stacked bars Each have legend inside bar IF value is more than 0 That would say in this case ___ ___ | | | | A | | B |___| |___| | | | C | | C | | 1 2 Hobe I explained so that you guys undetstand :-) cheers ...

Stacked column with line chart
I have a chart which shows units gained above the axis, units disposed of in a column under the axis and net units as a line. I have trend lines on 3 months average for both the units gained and disposed of. I am now being asked to show units massed moved under the line stacked on the diposal units. How do I accomplish this? I looked for a custom graph in Excel and cannot find one to do what I want. Can anyone help me? --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Draw your own custom chart. For an existing chart, right click on it, select Source Data from the pop up menu, and click...

Layout problem with Column/row headers
We have a user who's default Excel layout has been switched to a "mirror view" of the norm... The column headers go right to left A,B,C rather than left to right. Also the rows 1,2,3 are on the right side of the screen and sheet tabs are 3,2,1... Basically everything is backwards! We can't figure out how she did that! Thanks for any help! ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Tools, Options, International Tab, de-select the option under ...

Product Key Problem
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) I have been following Diane MVP discussion re Entering a Product key&quot; but may it may have closed out with her having resolved the problem; hence 'new' question. <br><br>I have had MSO 2008 running fine on my iMac (updated to 12.1.0) and my new MBPro(Core i5 10.6.3) - that was until I attempted to update it further on my laptop. Having downloaded the updates 12.1.5 through to 12.2.4, it continually comes up with &quot;this version does not recognise your Product ID&quot;. <br><br>I ...

Excel Data Protection Best Practice: AKA: Real Sheet Protection
Hello- Any advice for best practices for protecting data/methods/macros within Excel? Clearly, password protecting a sheet isn't the best security (free utilities to crack it). Scenario: - I need users to be able to access the workbook, but by no means, gain access to data within the certain sheets - I can hide the data by utilizing similar colored text and hiding the rows/columns - Once the password is created, it appears there are tons of free utilities that remove these passwords- Bummer. Question: - Any advice to help prevent the utilities from doing this?...

Stack overflow question
Occassionally when on Facebookwith MSIE if I have 2 instance of Facebook open (Different pages) I will get an error message of "Stack Overflow at Line: 31". When I click OK the page finishes loading fine. Any suggestions as to what is going on? Running: <<< System Summary >>> > Manufacturer : eMachines Inc. > Mainboard : eMachines WMCP61M > Chipset : nVidia GeForce 6100V > Processor : AMD Athlon Neo MV 26 @ 1600 MHz > Physical Memory : 4096 MB (2 x 2048 DDR2-SDRAM ) > Video Card : NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 ...

Problem with sharepoint web part / authentification
I receive this error when displaying the active accounts view in sharepoint: An error has occurred. This Web part could not be displayed. ERROR [28000] [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Login failed for user 'NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON'. Setup: 1 Windows 2003 server with SQL. 1 Windows 2003 server with CRM, Sharepoint 2.0. (tried Sharepoint 3.0, same error). Latest web part. I tried lots of steps written in numerous logs or microsoft technet docs without succes. I would appreciate some help, i'm totally stuck. ...

Problem with Recurring Appointments in Outlook 2000
When I try to open/delete a recurring appointment, it gives me the following error message: "Cannot read one instance of this recurring appointment. Close any open appointments and try again, or recreate the appointment." After getting this error message, I cannot get rid of it and I have to do Ctrl+Alt+Delete to close out of Outlook and restart it again. Is there a way to get rid of this appointment? Please help! ...

Unable to load sample data
While running the Microsoft.Crm.DemoDataWizard.exe I'm getting the following error message: The server 'localhost' is not responding. This might happen if it is currently unavailable, it is not a Microsoft CRM server, or you do not have sufficient privileges to run the Sample Data Import Wizard. However, the web app runs fine. All the services are started. I'm logged in as an administrator. What could be wrong? I'm running on Windows 2003 Server. There is one strange this, which could have something to do with this. I've tried to install CRM a few times and I couldn&...

duplicate data in range clear contents
Hi All, I have a range which V12:V18, data consistantly changes and there might be some duplications. I would like to find the duplicated data and just clear the duplications without deleting any row. Because those rows effecting other formulas.Is that possible? Thanks \\ Baha baha17@gmail.com;562078 Wrote: > Hi All, > I have a range which V12:V18, data consistantly changes and there > might be some duplications. I would like to find the duplicated data > and just clear the duplications without deleting any row. Because > those rows effecting other formulas....

Stacked charts #4
Hi I want to to create a chart where the colour changes when ever a value is reached. Ex. I have a mashine that produces 1000 it's goal is 2000. The chart should then show a column that is red because it is under the goal. I also have a maschine that produces 3000 and the goal is 2000. The coloum should then change to green. Is it possible to make a chart like this in excel? Regards Ticotion On Thu, 21 Jun 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, Ticotion <Ticotion@discussions.microsoft.com> said: >I want to to create a chart where the colour changes when ever a value is &...

Help! Setfocus problem
i ave a dropdown field on the first tab. I use setfocus so that it selects a different field to stop users scrolling down and changing the selection on the load event. Problem When a user changes tab and come back to the origional tab the setfocus doesnt run as the form is already loaded. How do you get around this? This is driving me and users mad at minute...please help before i open another bottle of dark rum! Hi Brian, Check out following URL; how to fire onclick event on tab click. It may help you. http://crmrocks.net/?p=16 -- PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post wa...

Userform Import problem
Hi all This relates to MSProject, but the same problem happens in excel in this instance. I have 2 global modules. I also have a userform with custom jpegs in it, which when exported create the .frx accompanying file with the .frm When I go to 2 different peoples machine to import the new global modules I have written for them, the modules come in fine. When I try and import (either by rightclick > import, or by drag'n'drop) the userform, it gets added as a global module. Anyone know what the problem is? It's rattling my brain and the modules won'...

MTA Problems
I have an exchange 5.5 Enterprise server that will not process messages in the MTA Queue. Does anyone have any suggestions? When looking at the MTA queue viewer, what is the exact queue the messages are in? MTA sends messages to store and other servers. Please provide info requested above so we can better answer your question. -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send email to this address, post a reply to this newsgroup. "Roger" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2aad01c3a986$d1e08...

Data Validation #24
I have a worksheet that I am working on and the data validation (list) is not working. I have tried clearing the validation and redoing it but the drop down box still does not appear. Thoughts? Did you make sure "In-cell dropdown" has been enabled? If so, do you get a dropdown arrow when you select the cell but no list appears? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Mon, 25 Oct 2010 11:27:36 -0700 (PDT), JSRothbart <jeffrothbart@gmail.com> wrote: >I have a worksheet that I am working on and the data validation (list) >is not working. I have tried clearing the validation a...

Problem.... Nested countifs?
I want to be able to count the number of clients who are marked as "X" in column Q .... and who are marked as "Low" in column M. I tried countif... but it counted the number of clients marked Low and added it to the number of X's. tia Nick. try =sumproduct((q2:q200="X")*(m2:m200="Low")) -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Nick" <morpheseus@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:BbB3e.878545$Xk.1243@pd7tw3no... > I want to be able to count the number of clients who are marked as "X" in > column Q .....

CListCtrl problem
I would like to know how I could find which column of a listview I have clicked on. I have a listcctrl which is of type report and it has 50 rows with 20 columns. I have been able to find out which row has been clicked but I need to find out which column. Urgent help needed please!! Thanks in advance. >-----Original Message----- >I would like to know how I could find which column of a listview I have >clicked on. >I have a listcctrl which is of type report and it has 50 rows with 20 >columns. >I have been able to find out which row has been clicked but I need to find...

Outlook 2000 opening problem
I have an Exchange Server(5.5)on Windows 2000 with 25 users. Sometime it happens that no user can open their mailbox from MS Outlook 2000. While opening, after giving user name, domain,& password, it just hangs up. I have then tested the same mailbox using OWA & it opens. I restarted the Server & found the problem vanished. This problem comes periodically (15/20 days inetrval) and requires the Server to restart. Pl. give me the solution. Tushar ...